Bulimia's prime-time treatment

Guest -Chris-

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a soap,they don't really have time to do it realistically it would take years.I think they;re doing good with the job they've done so far.I do hope she dosn't miraculously recover next week though.

They pointed out that her self-esteem has been low, and commented on Diesel etc, so why couldn't they keep this up for a few months... If one aspect of the storyline happened a long time ago, why can't another?

I'm not sure i understand what you mean.It wasn't obvious till now that those things helped the situation.I think it was well done.They obviously can't have the one character in hospital or whatever forever.It hasn't finished yet anyway so we don't know what will happen.

Rachel/Beth/can't remember who said Diesel and being rejected etc had broken down her already bad self-esteem, and that was the underlying cause for the bulimia, not thinking she was fat - that happened ages ago.

Yes but it takes years for someone to recover from it if they ever do and as i said they can't put her in hospital forever unless she leaves the show,though i think she will always have a issue with food.

"Hopefully", so to speak. In the Diesel/self-esteem aspect, they've done the storyline really well, and I hope that we will see her struggle through the rest of her time on the show.

Indinanna herself said she wanted the storyline to be realistic, so I hope the script-writers want that as well.

I agree with Merc. Just like the stalker 2006, and the Lost storyline, they drag things on for ages but then wrap it up unbelievably quickly. I hope they don't do this with the matilda storyline and I admit i got a bit worried when within one episode Matilda tore her stomach and then everybody found out. It seemed like it was all started to be wrapped up again. I think that's what Merc originally meant.

But it's too soon to say whether the storyline is finishing already or not. Hopefully not. They just better not do a "Jade" - pack her off to a counsellor for 2 sessions and then never mention it again.

I agree with the woman who wrote the article. Now that they have started this storyline they have a duty to keep it recurring throughout Matilda's entire stay on the show.

Yeah i read she said that.I hope the scriptwriters do it justice becourse she's one of the few people on the show who take the character seriously and has done a good job on a important story.They better not pull a Jade.

While I know they won't be able to keep it going on for years, it would be good for her self esteem/food issues to be referred back to after the storyline is 'resolved'. For example at times of stress (which is a lot in Summer Bay!) her issues with food could crop up again, as they did with Sally's OCD when Flynn died. I thought that was a nice touch to add, especially as so many of the more dramatic stories have no lasting consequences whatsoever.

Archived