Behind the Scenes

Guest Traceve

Paul was supposed to be at Jodi’s in 10 minutes to pick her up for their date. Jodi rushed around getting herself organized. She had checked the hall clock at least 5 times in the past 10 minutes and checked the mirror half a dozen times. She was dressed in a nice summer revealing dress; this date was special so she took extra care in her appearance. There was a tap at the door, it was Paul, and he was dressed in a Tux.

“My this is special,” Jodi laughed.

“What don’t I look hot?” Paul said pretending to be offended.

“You don’t look hot, you look handsome, Jodi said as she gave him a kiss as she headed out the door.

Jodi and Paul ordered their food. They were eating in a fancy restaurant for dinner; there were even candles on the table. Jodi was sitting across the table from Paul.

“What’s the special occasion?” Jodi asked Paul as she scanned the drinks menu.

“Jodes, it is our 6 month anniversary so I wanted to do something extra special,” Paul said smiling.

“Aww and what is the extra special part?” Jodi sighed.

“Extra? Jodi you’re in the fanciest restaurant in town with me, what else do you want?” Paul laughed.

“Ohh nothing, Jodi said teasing him.

“Wine, Miss Gordon?” Paul said grinning.

“Why yes please Mr. O’Brian,” Jodi said as she giggled.

Paul poured two wine glasses he handed one to Jodi.

“To my love for you,” Paul said holding up his glass.

“And mine to you,” Jodi said as the clicked there glasses together.

Amy was lying on her couch in front of the television, watching Titanic, Jack had just died. Amy said up, reached over for the remote and stopped the movie. She had tears running down her cheeks; she couldn’t bare to watch anymore of it.

“Aimz!”

Amy got of the lounge and opened the front door, it was Chris.

Chirs noticed Amy had been crying. He immediately wiped her tears away, and hugged her.

“What’s wrong?”

“I just watched Titanic,” Amy said starting to laugh.

“Oh is that all,” Chirs said sarcastically.

“Hey, it’s a very sad movie, for you information,” Amy said playfully slapping his chest. Amy and Chris hugged again and kissed.

“Umm maybe we should go inside,” Amy said giggling.

“Good idea, don’t want the neighbors watching,” Chris said as Amy and him went in.

Emily had been battling her feelings for a co worker, for the past few weeks. She couldn’t help liking this person; they were amazing in her eyes. The thing was, Emily wasn’t sure if this person felt the same about her.

“Hey Nic, Emily said as Nic answered his phone.

“Yes, sorry to call you at this stupid hour.”

“I have a minor problem; I think you can help me,”

“Will you?”

“That would be great, thanks Nic you a legend,” Emily said as she hung up, Nic had arranged to meet her the next day during lunch at filming. Emily only had one scene, and all she had to do was stand there looking evil.

Indiana was in her hospital room sitting up, there was a faint light coming in from underneath the door. Daniel Bennet had been in earlier to arrange when she could film her final scenes, her character Matilda was going to be killed in a fire. She felt numb, she knew that she was going to die, she was scarred.

There was a faint tap on the door.

“Indi?” Rhys whispered, he didn’t want to wake her, yet he felt that he had to see her.

“Rhys,” Indi said happily, he was just what she need.

“Mind if I join you?” Rhys asked Indiana.

“Sure,” Indi said moving over and making room for Rhys. He hopped in the bed as they snuggled up together.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark Furze scoffed at the latest talkback TV Week section. "Huh!" He exclaimed to himself. "Me? Gay???" He chuckled a little, starting to find it all a little funny.

And rather ironic. "Considering" He thought to himself. "I'm in love with very much a -" His thoughts were interrupted by some random director.

"Furze, we need you in the Diner. Cassie's snogging Macca again"

"He's her boyfriend and besides, Ric and Cassie admitted their relationship wasn't working. Shouldn't he be happy for her?"

"No, no! He's heartbroken and something about a fist fight."

"Omfg!"

The random director held her hands up in defense. "Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger” Okay, sure thing Shannon. I'll be right there" He smiled, as random director Shannon went to do her other random director duties.

A few minutes later...

“FURZE!” Daniel Bennet shouted over dramatically. “I NEED TO SEE SOME EMOTION! RIC IS HEARTBROKEN! HEARTBROKEN!” But Furze's heart just wasn't in it. "Shove a cork in it, DB" He muttered

"Sorry, mate" Furze apologized to DB, not really meaning it. "The teenage angst was wearing me out"

"Lucky for you, that's a wrap for this scene." Mark made his way to the green room, desperate for some vanilla coke.

"Ahhh!" He tripped over something or rather, someone.

"CHRIS! Geez, anyone would think that you're stalking me"

"Sure, considering I'm the one with the girlfriend." Mark sighed, rolling his eyes. He noted the copy of TV Week under Chris' arms.

"Hemsworth, burn that"

"I'm gonna frame it. Can I have an autograph?"

"Sure." He grabbed the mag and a pen from the whiteboard nearby.

On the cover, underneath the title "Tragedy hits Summer Bay! Who will die this time?" Mark wrote "I AM NOT GAY!!!!!!!!!"

"Dude, do we really know that? You're an actor, it could be a cover. Its okay, you can tell me. We're friends." Chirs smirked.

"And you're an idiot" Mark snickered.

"Gay boy"

"Gold Logie for idiot-ness"

"I'm just kidding, mate. Chill."

"I know, idiot. "

"Hey...you seem to be letting this get to you," Chris said changing his tone.

"I'm not. It's just gossip used to sell mags. Happens to most of us at some point."

"Yeah but you don't take this sort of thing personally" Chris put on his serious voice.

Mark suddenly found the floor an interesting place. Looking down, he shuffled his feet nervously.

"You know." Chris continued. "I don't think it's the rumor that's bothering you. C'mon, spill"

Mark pulled out his ipod. "Here, look"

“Um, it's a shuffle. It has no screen"

"I meant listen"

Chris put the earplugs in, navigating the little buttons to browse through Mark's collection.

"Get it now?" Mark questioned after a minute or two.

Chris nodded. "Finally, yeah...I mean, ABBA, Farnzy, Bonnie Tyler, Disney...actually, this explains a lot"

"Wow. I'm shocked."

"What? You mean I'm totally off?" Chris said puzzled.

"Nooo...you have a brain and you know how to use it!' Mark grinned.

Isabel and Jodi were sitting in the Green Room next to each other, Jodi was telling Isabel about her dinner date with Paul.

“It was the most amazing night of my life,” Jodi sighed,” It was our 6 month anniversary, Paul wore a tux!” Jodi continued ranting, “You know what the highlight of the night was?”

“I don’t know he proposed?” Isabel said interested. Jodi went silent.

“Jodes?” Isabel asked with a grin, “He proposed!” Isabel screamed.

Jodi grinned at Isabel hugged her.

“Is that true?” Kate asked Jodi coming over

“Yes,” Jodi said smiling as she took her hands out of her lap and shoved of the ring.

“Congratulations,” Kate said smiling as she hugged Jodi.

“Wow that’s amazing,” Sharni said admiring the ring.

“Awesome,” Ada exclaimed.

“Am I invited to the wedding?” Ray teased Jodi.

“Of course, you all are,” Jodi said smiling as Ray hugged her.

“Wow, this is awesome!” Jessica said smiling at Jodi, she glanced at Sharni, she was talking to Kate, and so she didn’t bother to talk to her.

“When is the wedding?” Kate asked Jodi.

“Soon, Paul and I both want Indi there,”

With the mention on Indiana the room that was quite nosy, quieted down, they all knew what each of them was thinking; They all thought about Indiana and how sad it was. But they all knew it had to stop as Indiana would be there soon to film her last scenes and they couldn’t ac like that around her.

Indiana was returning on set for the first time since everyone found out about her condition. It was daunting for her, as she didn’t want anyone acting different around her or giving her special treatment.

Amy watched Indiana walk onto set. She looked fine, like she wasn’t sick and didn’t just get out of hospital

“You ok Indi?” Daniel Bennet asked her he didn’t want her to overdo it otherwise she wouldn’t be able to film the next day.

“I’m fine,” Indi said gritting her teeth; this is what she didn’t want to happen. Indiana and Sharni took their places. Daniel Bennet glanced up and noticed they were ready.

“Action.”

Sharni walked over to Indiana and said, “Mattie, are up sure you don’t want to talk about it? I know how much Lucas meant to you, talking might help.” Indiana felt all her anger, grow up inside of her, she felt as if she was going to explode.

“Cass, I’m fine! Stop asking me! Talking wont change what happened! And if I need you help or support I will ask!” Indiana snapped, Sharni was taken aback and Indiana was a little breathless after her outrage.

“Cut, Indi, that was perfect, it almost seamed real,” Daniel was speechless. Indiana gave him a small smile and as she walked off set she muttered “It almost seamed real, cos, it was real.” She headed outside; she walked through the doors and headed for the beach. Sharni followed her, after the last scene they shot she was worried about her friend.

“Indi, wait up,” Sharni said as she jogged to catch up with her.

“What?” Indiana asked as she stopped and turned around. Sharni looked at Indiana; she was acting as if nothing had happened, when in fact something had.

“Indi, I’m worried about you, we all are,” Sharni admitted.

“Don’t be,” She didn’t want to talk about it. She just wanted to forget about it but, the harder she tried the more it hit her, what was happening.

“Indi, everyone cares about you, and you’re pushing us away.”

“Sharni stop it! I’m dying! I’m not going to be ok, nothing will ever be ok! When I say I’m fine I mean it, so you can stop pretending you care and stop hassling me about it!” Indiana snapped, she instantly regretted it when she saw Sharni’s reaction.

Indiana ran, she ran until she couldn’t run anymore. She collapsed on the soft sand of the beach, sobbing. Luckily at the same time, Kate had being going for a walk. Kate noticed the minute, she saw Indiana that she had been crying.

“Indi?” Kate said softly as she sat down on the sand next to her. Indiana moved her head slightly to look at Kate.

“It isn’t fair! Why do I have to die! What is Rhys going to do, it isn’t…” Indiana trailed off breathless.

“I know, I know,” Kate said as she clutched onto Indi, holding her. Kate herself was had tears begin to seep out from her eyes.

“Hey, Nic, mind if I join you?” Emily asked Nic as she sat down at the table in the Canteen he was at by himself.

“Looks like I don’t get a choice,” he laughed.

“Yea,” Emily said as she looked down at her plate in disgust.

“Em, what was the phone call the other night about?” Nic said getting straight to the point. Emily’s eyes were downcast, as she moved her food around the plate with a fork.

“Come, on Em, I know something’s up, Just tell me, and I will see if I can help you,” He lent across the table and took her hand in his.

“I want to help you,”

“Thanks,” Emily said smiling.

“You sure you want to hear my sob, love crush story?”

“Positive.” Nic said.

“Ok, it all started to say I met Sarah.”

It was early in the morning. Nic and Sarah were about to shoot a scene.

“Ready yet?” Daniel asked them. Sarah and Nic both nodded their heads.

“Action!”

Nic walked over to the white board, he started at the name written on it.

“Maxine Trood,” he said softly. Sarah opened the door and poked her head in and said, “Mind if I come in?”

Nic looked over at Sarah and said,”Yea, sure.”

“Peter, both Jack and myself are concerned for you, Zoë has become a part of you. Your whole life revolves around her,” Sarah said as she walked over to him. Nic turned his head back to the whiteboard.

“I can’t help it; she has become a part of my life for so long,”

“And it wont be for much longer,” Sarah added as she put her hand on his shoulder.

“Cut! Sarah when you say that last line can you please stand a bit closer to Nic?” Daniel Bennet interrupted.

Sarah and Nic both nodded.

“Action!”

Nic walked over to the white board, he started at the name written on it.

“Maxine Trood,” he said softly. Sarah opened the door and poked her head in and said, “Mind if I come in?”

Nic looked over at Sarah and said,”Yea, sure.”

“Peter, both Jack and myself are concerned for you, Zoë has become a part of you. Your whole life revolves around her,” Sarah said as she walked over to him. Nic turned his head back to the whiteboard.

“I can’t help it; she has become a part of my life for so long,”

“And it wont be for much longer,” Sarah added as she put her hand on his shoulder.

“Much better,” Daniel smiled at them. Nic and Sarah walked off set together.

“Hey, Nic, mind if I ask you something?” Sarah asked him as they walked into the Green Room.

“Here,” Nic said as he sat down with Sarah. There were only a few people in there. Plus a few random crew members.

“Nic, has Em mentioned anything to you?” Sarah asked him.

“No, why?” Nic hated lying to one of his best mates.

“She seems really awkward around me lately, that’s all,” Sarah sighed.

“Oh, why is that?” Nic asked her.

“I think something’s up with her, I have asked her about it, and she either goes all quiet or changes the subject,” Sarah sighed again.

“Sarah, do you think maybe it’s because Emily has something on her mind, eating her away?”

“Like what?” Sarah asked him.

“Sarah, Emily has a crush on you, but, don’t tell her I told you,” Nic whispered.

“She what!” Sarah raised her voice, “She has had a crush on me all this time and never told me!” Sarah yelled. A few heads from the other side of the room turned to see what was going on.

“Sarah calm down,” Nic said softly

“No I won’t, why didn’t she tell me? I like her too, and now we have wasted so much time,”

“You what?” Nic said shocked. Sarah’s had shot up, to cover her mouth.

“I...noting,” Sarah said as she ran from the room, leaving Nic there shocked.

Rhys was sitting in the corner of the green room by himself. He was holding a picture of himself and Indiana from there first date. A single tear came from his eye, and ran down his cheek. He was hurting inside, but didn’t show it, until now. He held the picture up to his chest, and he started to sob under his breath, his heart was breaking inside.

“Oh, Rhys,” Clarissa said softly as she went over to him. She sat down next to him.

“Here,” Clarissa said as she pulled him close to her. She held onto him, as he sobbed in her shoulder. At that moment Indiana walked in, she noticed Rhys and Clarissa were crying. Rhys looked up at her; he wiped the tears from his eyes. Clarissa did the same. Indiana walked over to Rhys; she pulled him up to his feet. He looked into her eyes, the girl he loved.

“I love you,” He said softly

‘I love you too,” Indiana replied softy, as they hugged.

“Aimz!” Chris called out after Amy. Amy stopped and turned around. Chris came up to her and put his arm around her.

“You’re very happy today,” Amy observed.

“Well with a girlfriend like you, who wouldn’t be happy?” He joked as Amy laughed.

“I have a surprise for you later on,” Chris teased her.

“Oh! Tell me please!” Amy begged him, “Please!” Chris laughed.

“Chris!” Amy turned to look at him and show him her puppy dog eyes. Chris turned away to avoid her eyes.

“Aww, I’m sorry baby,” Amy pouted. They stopped walking and held hands

“You will, just for once have to be patient,” he said softly. They kissed and smiled at each other. Just then Jodi and Paul came up behind them laughing.

“Get a room, “Paul joked. Jodi and Amy both laughed.

“Mate, I haven’t had the chance to congratulate you two properly,” Chris laughed.

“Thanks, I think I did well,” Paul said as he glanced at Jodi. Jodi playfully slapped his chest.

“Oh, shoot, I gotta run, I have a scene with Ada soon, sorry guys.” Amy apologized as she gave Chris a quick kiss then hurried off.

“You two are the perfect couple,” Paul said as he put his arm around Jodi.

“Deal, but you two are a close second,” Chris joked.

Jessica was sitting by herself in the canteen on her lunch break when Sharni walked in.

“Mind if I sit here?” Sharni asked Jessica, Jessica shrugged in reply as Sharni sat.

“What’s going on?” Sharni asked Jessica. Sharni sighed when Jessica didn’t reply.

“It’s stupid!” Sharni exclaimed loudly, which made Jessica’s head shoot up with attention.

“What?” Jessica asked her.

“Jess, were best friends and fighting over a guy,” Sharni said, “Doesn’t that mean anything to you?”

“Uhm, Well I asked him out and he said he was in love with someone else,” Jessica said.

“He did?” Sharni asked.

“Yes he did, he loves you!” Jessica snapped.

“Jess, that’s crap, I talked to him and he doesn’t love me, or even like me,” Sharni laughed.

“He doesn’t?” Jessica asked Sharni, stunned.

“No, he doesn’t,” Sharni confirmed.

“Oh, so we have not been talking for no reason at all,” Jessica asked her.

“Uh huh.”

“Oh, crap,” I’m sorry,” Jessica said.

“Its ok, I’m sorry too, so friends?” Sharni asked Jessica.

“Friends,” Jessica confirmed smiling.

Sarah sat down on the bench outside overlooking the beach, she had one hand holding her mobile up to her ear and the other hand was on the table with her fingernails loudly drumming impatiently.

“Come-on, Em, pick up,” Sarah said softly.

“Damm it!” Sarah said as she reached message bank, she listened to Em make some silly comment about the beep.

“Em, its Sarah, we need to talk. Call me back,” Sarah said as she hung up.

“You ok?” Nic asked her as he sat down next to her, “You seemed a bit upset yesterday.”

“Yea I’m fine?” Sarah said forcing herself to smile.

“I take it you just got off the phone to Em?” Nic asked her.

“Sort of, her message bank actually,” Sarah explained.

“Oh ok, you sure you’re ok, something is on your mind?”

“I’m just worried, about Em, how she is going to handle things, she has enough on her plate at the moment,” Sarah ranted.

“It will be ok,” Nic said to her softly.

“How do you know that?” Sarah turned to look at him.

“I don’t know that, I’m just staying positive for the sake of both our sanity’s,” he laughed. Sarah smiled.

“I don’t know what I’m going to do when I’m finished filming,” She said softly

“Well how about me make a pact?” He suggested, “You, Em and me?”

“Do you have any idea how childless that sounds?” She laughed.

“Yea I do, but deal?” He said as he held out his hand. Sarah took his hand and shoke it.

“Deal,” she repeated as Nic pulled her into a hug.

Emily sat on the edge of her bed, clutching her mobile in her hand. She did want to call Sarah back; she just didn’t know what she was going to say. She started to panic thinking to herself, what if Sarah knows? Emily had been trying to block all thoughts about Sarah out, it hadn’t been working. Emily looked at her keypad on her phone and typed in Sarah’s number, she was just about to dial it, when she erased the number.

“I cant,” she sighed as she put her phone down gently beside her. Emily lay back on the bed, looking up at the ceiling; she was lost in her thoughts when her mobile started to ring. Emily sat up and hesitated answering the phone, she slowly reached over to it. Sarah’s name displayed as the phone continued to ring. Emily hesitated answering it. She wouldn’t know what to say. She left it ringing as she lay back down on the bed.

Jodi and Paul were talking wedding plans when some random come over and interrupted them, telling them they were due on set.

“Looks like the plans are going to have to wait,” Paul joked as he followed Jodi on set. Jodi and Paul took there places, on set.

“Today, would be nice, thanks to Indiana were behind schedule,” Daniel Bennet snapped.

“Action!”

“Martha, check this out,” Paul said as he showed her a pile of bridal magazines. Jodi lent over Paul’s shoulder and checked out the cover of the magazine.

“I don’t like it, it’s to low cut,” She observed.

“But low cut is good,” Paul laughed.

“Yea Trust you to say something like that,” She joked as she sat next to him.

“Nothing wrong with a lil skin,” he laughed.

Jodi playfully slapped his arm then, leant in and kissed him.

“Cut, Paul, the word is little not lil, Go again!” Daniel Bennet said.

Jodi and Paul took there places again.

“Action!”

“Martha, check this out,” Paul said as he showed her a pile of bridal magazines. Jodi lent over Paul’s shoulder and checked out the cover of the magazine.

“I don’t like it, it’s to low cut,” She observed.

“But low cut is good,” Paul laughed.

“Yea Trust you to say something like that,” She joked as she sat next to him.

“Nothing wrong with a little skin,” he laughed.

Jodi playfully slapped his arm then, leant in and kissed him.

“Ok, take ten, everyone,” Daniel said.

“Well, that went down well,” Jodi smiled at Paul.

“Yea it did,” Paul said as he held her hand.

“Come with me, we need to talk wedding plans,” Jodi said as she dragged Paul from the set.

Amy was sitting by herself in the green room, revising her lines in her head.

“Guess who,” A male voice said as he put his hand over her eyes from behind her.

“Either Paul or Chris?” Amy guessed as she laughed. Chris removed his hand from her face and sat next to her.

“If it were Paul, I would need to have a word to him about stealing my woman,” Chris joked.

“You’re woman?”

“Uh yea,” Chris laughed.

“So…What about my surprise?” Amy asked him, not beating around the bush.

“Oh yea I forgot about that…”

“You what!”

“Kidding, babe,” Chris laughed.

“So…what it is?” Amy asked him again.

“It’s a surprise; I’ll come over later tonight, ok? Warn your neighbours,” Chris said as he gave her a quick kiss and left before she could argue with him.

“Nic, its Sarah, something is up with Em, I have been ringing her all day and she wont answer,” Sarah said into her phone as she sat on her lounge.

“Yea, I know, you would? That’s great!” Sarah said smiling.

“Yep, talk soon,” Sarah said as she hung up.

Indiana, Sharni, Jessica and Jodi sat in the canteen during there lunch break going through wedding plans and browsing though bridal magazines.

“This one is nice,” Sharni observed as she pointed to a picture of a girl wearing a rather reveling dress.

“Uh no thanks,” Jodi said smiling. Sharni shrugged as she continued looking.

“How about this one?” Jessica suggested a rather traditional white dress.

“No, I’m going for something not white,” Jodi looking over at Indiana who was sitting there quietly looking through a magazine.

“Like this one?” Indiana looked up and showed Jodi a girl in a pale blue dress.

“Yea like that one,” Jodi said as she immediately fell in love with it.

Sharni looked at her watch, and then nudged Jessica.

“Uh, we gotta run, catch you later,” Jessica smiled as her and Sharni left.

Jodi laughed as she turned back to the magazine, which was still open on the page where the dress was. Jodi smiled as she looked over at Indiana. Indiana looked up.

“What?” she asked.

“Indi, Paul and I were thinking…would you like to be my bride of honner, if that’s ok?” Jodi asked her.

“Is it because of my illness?” Indiana asked her, “Like if I wasn’t sick would you still ask me?”

Jodi reached across the table, as she rested her elbows on the pile of magazines she took Indiana’s hand in her own.

“Indi, even if you weren’t sick I still would have wanted you to be my brides maid of honner,”

“Indiana’s eyes lit up as she smiled.

“Of course, Jodz,” Indiana grinned at her best friend.

Nic and Sarah sat on the other side of the canteen talking.

“Nic, something is seriously up with Em, she still hasn’t returned my call,” Sarah said checking her phone once again.

“I know,” Nic said.

“What are we going to do?” Sarah asked him.

“Go and see her,” Nic said quickly.

“You want me, to her house?” Sarah said slowly.

“Uh huh, I will come with you if you want?” Nic asked her.

“No, I think I need to do it alone, do you have her address?”

“Yes, here?” He said as he passed her the small piece of paper with Emily’s address written on it.

“Thanks?” Sarah said as she fiddled with it with her fingers.

“Will you go there?”

“Yea, after I finish up my scenes for today I will,” Sarah sighed as she pocketed the address.

“Good, I think it will do you both good to talk,” Nic said smiling as she went back to eating his lunch, not noticing Sarah staring into space.

“Kate?” Ada said as she tapped Kate on the shoulder.

“Yea?” She said as she turned around and smiled at Ada.

“Have you seen Tim at all?” Ada asked her.

“No, why?”

“Tim and I are due on set,” Ada explained.

“Ahh there you are!” Ada said as she ran over to Tim.

“Daniel is going to have a fit!” Kate laughed.”

“Not funny,” Tim said as he and Ada walked off leaving Kate to laugh by herself.

“Chris, it’s about time!” Amy exclaimed as she threw open her front door.

“Yea sorry about that,” Chris apologized as he pecked Amy on the cheek and went and sat down at the kitchen table.

“Do you want anything?” Amy asked Chris.

“Nah, Now the surprise,” he laughed. Amy sat down, and smiled at Chris.

“Tell me, please, I’m dying here,”

“I’m leaving the show at the end of the year, I’m moving to America to hopefully get the big time there, what I’m saying is basically, will you come with me?” Chris explained.

“You’re what!” Amy said shocked.

• 2 weeks later...

“I cant, that’s impossible; we have only been together a month and your expecting me to sacrifice everything for you?” Amy said in disbelief.

‘Not everything babe...” Chris said as he lent over towards Amy to hold her. Amy flinched away.

“This is crazy,” She said as she got up and paced the room backwards and forwards.

Amy paused and looked at Chris.

“Why did you tell me to warn my neighbours?”

“Well, in case you said yes we could have celebrated,” Chris explained.

“Get your head out of the gutter,” Amy sighed. Chris got off of the couch and stood behind her, putting his arms around her hips.

“Please, just think about?” Chris asked her softly. She lent back with her head resting on his chest.

“I will think about it. But I don’t think I will go with you,”

Sarah stood outside Emily’s front door; she had knocked a few minutes earlier.

“Come-on Em,” Sarah sighed as she lent on the door frame. Emily walked over to her front door, she opened it a crack.

“Go away,” Emily said as she shut the door, she stood there facing the closed door.

“Em, its Sarah, I need to talk to you,” Sarah said sternly as she tired to get in.

“Emily, unlock the door!”

Emily slowly backed away from it, as she brushed a tear away from her eye.

“Emily, we need to talk! I like you too!” Sarah said in frustration as she tried to open the door again. Emily turned her back to the door and stood there until she heard Sarah leave and her car drive off.

“You idiot,” Emily muttered to herself under her breath, “No way, will she like me anymore now.”

“Well that went down well,” Sarah muttered to herself as she pulled over outside MacDonald’s. She got out of her car and locked it. As Sarah made her way up to the counter she noticed Nic sitting by himself at a booth. Sarah left the queue and went and sat across from Nic at the booth.

“Hey Nic, How are you?” Sarah asked him carefully; from what Sarah could tell Nic was not in a good or happy mood. Nic glanced up at Sarah and shrugged his shoulders.

“Not to good I gather, what happened?” Sarah asked him softly as she reached across the table and put her hand in his.

“My wife, Claire, she left me and took our child too,” Nic said bluntly.

“Why though? You’re an amazing guy; if you were mine I would never treat you like that,”

Nic looked at her staring as Sarah turned her head away.

“If I were yours?” Nic repeated.

“I meant that if you were mine I wouldnt walk out on you,” Sarah explained.

Nic smiled and said, “How did things go with Emily?” Sarah looked up and him and laughed.

“Things didn’t exactly happen, I knocked on the door, she saw who I was and shut the door. I asked her several times to talk to me and she wouldn’t,” Sarah sighed.

“Oh, that isn’t to good, maybe we will just have to corner her tomorrow at filming then try again,” Nic joked. Sarah looked Nic in the eye and smiled.

Indiana, Jodi and Sharni sat on one of the couches in the green room discussing bridesmaid dresses before Paul came back from the set.

“Jodi, we have to go shopping tonight,” Sharni said grinning.

“Please?” Indiana added as she leaned against the back of the couch, she had a slight headache. But promised Daniel she would film the rest of her scenes for the day.

“Sure why not, I don’t think Paul and I have anything happening tonight,” Jodi laughed. Indiana grinned at Sharni and Jodi.

“I can’t wait till the wedding, it will be so much fun,” Indiana beamed as she played with her necklace. Sharni gave Jodi a small smile. Both knew what the other one was thinking. That Indiana’s time was running up and soon she would no longer be with them. That was something that none of them were prepared for nor wanted to face. Sharni was looking forward to Jodi and Paul’s wedding in one way but in the other she knew it would be one of the few things Indiana would do before she passed away. Both Sharni and Jodi intended on making that day the best day of Indiana’s life.

“Yeah, Jodi, it will be a total blast!” Sharni added as she put on a happy face. Jodi knew Sharni was just making Indiana happy but was secretly scared about it all.

“I hope so, wait till Paul sees the dresses were gonna get,” Jodi said giggling.

“Wait to Paul sees what?” Paul said as he grabbed Jodi from behind picking her up and twirling around.

“Nothing!” Jodi said laughing.

“You guys” Indiana said laughing, watching Paul twirl Jodi around in the greenroom.

“What on earth,” Kate said as Amy and her walked into the room they both took one look at Paul and Jodi and burst into a fit of giggles.

“Hey guys listen,” Sharni said as she turned up the volumes to the radio.

“Oh my god!! I love this song!” Indiana said as she begun to hum along.

“What is it?” Kate asked Sharni

“Its Kate Alexas new single,” Sharni said as she stood up and danced.

“Ohh, I have heard this before,” Amy said laughing.

“What on hell is going on in here?” Daniel Bennet yelled, “Have you all gone mad!”

Paul put Jodi down as Sharni tuned off the radio.

“We were just having fun,” Indiana explained.

“There is a difference between sensible fun and immature behavior,” Daniel Bennet said as he stormed off back onto set.

“Well I think its Dans time of the month,” Paul joked.

“That was so not funny, Paul” Jodi muttered.

‘Yeah, but you still love me,” he said as he put his arms around Jodi.

“Yeah, I do,” Jodi sighed as she lent up and kissed him.

Sarah and Nic walked along the beach together, talking about themselves, Nic spoke about his daughter, Ava Lily and Sarah spoke about Emily. They had become rather close with filming together as well as the recent events they were both having. They were there for each other, through thick and thin.

“I don’t think I’m ever going to get a chance to talk to Emily if all she is going to do is ignore my calls and shut the door on my face,” Sarah said as she kicked the sand in front of her.

“She is probably just scared,” Nic said softly, he then looked up.

“Here’s you chance now,” Nic said nudging Sarah.

“What?” Sarah said as she looked up.

“Em…” Sarah started to say.

Emily took on look at Sarah and Nic sitting there talking by themselves, at the other end of the beach, sitting rather close and jumped to the complete wrong conclusion.

“What’s going on here?” Emily asked them.

“We were talking, look I’m going to leave to two to it, Ill be in the canteen if either of you guys want me,” Nic said as he stood up to leave Sarah shot him a look full on panic.

“No you can leave,” Emily said, she felt it was about time she faced up to Sarah and herself. Nic left and Emily sat down next to Sarah.

“Em, I am…” Sarah started to say, till Emily cut her off.

“What’s going on between you and Nic?” Emily asked Sarah, she had given up on beating around the bush, from now on she was going to get straight to the point and hit things head on.

“Nothing, we are just friends he is going through a hard time,” Sarah explained, “You don’t think that me and Nic were…together, did you?” Sarah asked Emily.

“Nah, just asking,” Emily said chucking to herself.

“Em, I’m really sorry that…” Sarah started to stay before she was interrupted by Emily again.

“Sssh, nothing is your fault, just hear me out, ok?”

“Ok,”

“I’m really sorry for ignoring your calls, shutting the door in your face and avoiding you,” Emily explained, “I guess I’m rather selfish, I was scared, not about being with you, about what other people will think,”

“Em, it doesn’t matter what other people think, it only matters to us right?” Sarah asked her.

“Sarah you sound like my old councilor,” Emily laughed.

“Sorry,” Sarah apologized.

“So, you do like me?” Emily asked Sarah dropping the councilor joke.

“Yeah I do,” Sarah said looking at Emily. Emily smiled.

“Really, you serious,” Emily said grinning.

“Yes, Really!” Sarah said grinning back at Emily.

Sarah and Emily both jumped up onto their feet and hugged each other.

“You sure this is what we both want?” Sarah asked Emily.

“I’m positive,” Emily said as they kissed.

Mark Furze sipped on his vanilla coke as he made his way out of the studio. He was not in a good mood. Everything seemed to be going downhill on the set these days. Everything consumed him; he barely had time to register what was happening or even realize what was bothering him.

“Hey” a girl’s voice greeted him from behind. He turned, and smiled gently at Kate.

“Hey” Mark stopped walking out of the car park, instead he made his way to the tree he liked so much and sat with Kate.

“Things have been a bit crazy around here lately” She commented, watching Mark’s expression carefully.

“You could say that again”

“Things have been a bit crazy around here lately” She managed to get a little laugh out of him.

“So are you going to tell me what’s up?” She spoke in her very Sally-motherly tone.

“The sky”

“Mark…”

“I think D’Bs put something in the water”

“Well, that would explain a few things”

“It’s just…lately, all these dramas, you know. Isabel and Amy, the whole Indiana thing…it’s a bit much”

“You”

“Me?”

“Yes, you. Stop being so noble and spill the beans”

Beans make you fart,” Mark joked.

Kate shook her head. Oh geez, this wasn’t going to be easy.

“I have been a little weird lately, haven’t I?”

“You could say that again”

“I have been a little weird lately, haven’t I?”

“Nice one. Now, about this random bursting into song business…”

“Ahh, they still think I’m gay, because I like Disney and Cyndi Lauper?”

“Bonnie Tyler”

“Yeah, sorry. Not thinking”

“I know. You know, I can pinpoint when this weirdness began…”

“Oh?” Mark asked her surprised.

“Yep. The moment you left It Takes Two . Actually when you began It Takes Two o but then, that was more of a happy-weird…”

Just then, before Mark could respond, his ring tone went off (this week – Frankie Valli’s ‘Can’t Take My Eyes Off Of You’).

“Hello, Mark Furze….oh, hey mate…don’t remind me….huh?......okay, wtf??? No kidding….ohhh…..uh sure…..okay…..cya….” He hung up, looking at Kate with a wide grin.

“That was a short convo.” She commented.

“It was Grant Denyer. Apparently, fans got so worked up and pissed at Rach & I being voted out – especially those message board fans, wouldn’t want to mess with them- that they did a recount and turns out, someone rigged that ep and Sarah & Guy were meant to leave”

Kate raised her eyebrows. “Wow….”

“Oh yeah and Grant says to say hey,”

“Hey Grant….wow, that’s….wow” She hugged him tightly. Pulling back, she grinned. “Congrats, guess you better get working”

“Sh** I know FOUR more songs to learn, though they said they’d postpone next ep for a week and do all this nice stuff for Sarah & Guy to make up for the screw up. Man, this is crazy. Grant says he’ll ring Rach now, so I’ll talk to her later…I wonder what songs we should sing? Another Disney?” Mark suggested.

How about ‘Kiss the Girl’?” Kate smirked.

“Little Mermaid, right? Maybe…but she’s the girl and Ariel’s kinda silent in that song so…”

Kate laughed. Mark didn’t quite get it. “Mark. I think we need to work out a plan”

“A plan? Oh right. Well, Ric’s not needed much this week but the week after….I’ll have to talk to D’B”

“Mark…” Kate said, again. “I wasn’t talking about schedules… “

“What were you talking about?”

Kate gave him a knowing look. “I think you know”

Mark blushed. “Yeah….”

“So” Kate clapped her hands together. “The plan, Stan…”

“Mate, Don’t forget the double date at my place later tonight?” Chris reminded Paul as he put his arms around Amy.

“Don’t worry, I won’t forget,” Paul said as he hugged Jodi.

“See you tonight,” Amy called out to Jodi, as Jodi and Paul walked off.

“See you,” Jodi called back.

Archived