Somewhere A Clock Is Ticking

Guest luckyrabbit

PART 3b

Try as he might to keep his anger under control, Dan snapped, grabbing Zoe by her jacket and throwing her against the wall with a thud. "You killed my brother!" He shouted.

"Hey." yelled Tracey, pulling Dan of an annoyed Zoe, who just rolled her eyes and straightened her jacket.

"Look Dan, I didn't kill anybody…well, there was that one…you know what, nevermind. The point is, that fire at the wedding, wasn't me."

"Why should we believe you?" Dan asked angrily.

"Do you really think that if we knew that, the place was going to explode, we would have just been standing right in the middle of it like idiots?" Zoe said, shaking her head condescendingly.

"Who are you?" Sally asked, sitting on the lounge that ran along the wall of the club. Alf sat next to her, while Dan and Jack chose to remain standing.

"Special agent Eve Jacobson, Federal Police. For almost the past three years I've been working deep undercover." Eve explained, leaning against the bar.

"What? I-I don't understand." said Sally. "You weren't Sarah's nurse?"

"Oh no, I was." Eve corrected her. "Let me explain."

"A little over three years ago we became aware of a drug syndicate operating out of Summer Bay, problem was that was all the information we could get at the time. Our break in the case came when Sarah Lewis was arrested, we knew that she had strong links to Crystal Meth manufactures operating in the area. I was sent in undercover to try and extract information from her but all she wanted to talk about was Felix. So I was instructed to let her escape, in the hopes that she would lead us to her supplier. That obviously didn't go according to plan."

"All of this so you could catch some Meth dealers?" Jack asked in disbelief.

Tracey shook her head. "Not just Meth dealers, this syndicate is one of the largest manufactures of synthetic designer drugs on the eastern coast. We're talking about Meth, Speed, LSD, Ecstasy, just to name a few. They're exporting it all over the country and overseas."

"So, you never loved Sarah?" Sally asked trying to make sense of it all.

Tracey laughed before she could stop herself. "Sorry." She apologized quietly when everyone turned to look at her.

"No." Eve said in amusement. "I was not in love with Sarah Lewis, I think that Trace would have something to say about it if I was." She finished, making Tracey blush, she didn't exactly like having her personal life made public like that.

"What's all this about drugs in the Bay?" Alf blustered. "This is just a quiet little town…"

"Exactly, that's why it's the perfect place for an operation like this, no one would suspect a thing. Small town, plenty of bush for cover, there's a whole lot of rural properties, lots of abandoned factories and warehouse to use…" Tracey explained, moving around the bar to stand next to Eve.

"Not to mention the incompetent police force." Eve smirked. Tracey elbowed her softly. "What? They are! 'Maxine Trood', 'I am next door'? Come on! It wasn't that hard!"

Jack stood up suddenly. "That still doesn't explain anything! If your in town working a drugs case, why the notes, the bombs, the murders? The whole Stalker thing."

"It wasn't me." Eve said simply.

"What are you talking about, it wasn't you? You confessed everything to Sally." Dan lashed out and Sally nodded in agreement.

"And, at the abattoir, you tried to kill me!" Jack jumped in.

"Okay, here's were it's going to get interesting." Before getting into her explanation, Eve gathered her hair back with one hand and rolled her head around to try and relive some of the tension, grimacing when she felt her neck pop. "We had information that the syndicate felt that the cops were getting too close so they were going to do something to throw them off the scent. They created the Stalker. And I took the-" Eve rolled her eyes and put air quotes around the next word. "-credit, while conducting my own investigation to keep the locals from bungling it all up."

"While you were all focusing your attention on catching the Stalker, it gave the drug syndicate free reign and they started taking more risks." Tracey took over the exposition, absentmindedly rubbing the back of Eve's neck with one hand. "She kept up the illusion of being the Stalker all this time. She sent some notes, left clues, faked her own stabbing, letting herself be captured."

"Tormented Peter." added Eve with a smirk, making Dan grind his teeth.

"But why did you kidnap me?" A clearly reeling Sally questioned.

"Wrong place, wrong time." Eve explained simply. "I took you to the factory and tied you up, told you the story of the how and why, then I was going to let you escape under the guise of forcing you to carry out my plans. You would've run back into town and spilled everything. But Peter ruined that when he figured out what my real name was, problem was, I didn't know how much else he knew. So the plan had to change."

"So you were going to kill me?" Sally asked, her tone turning hostile.

Eve laughed. "Not in the literal sense. I was planning on faking both our deaths and sending you off into witness protection. But then you had to go and screw that up as well."

Sally was flabbergasted. "I-I'm sorry?" She said unsurely.

Jack pushed himself off the wall. "I'm sorry but I can't believe any of this. For all we know, you're lying."

Eve pulled a card from her pocket and handed it to him. "Call that number, my superiors will confirm everything."

Jack frowned to himself and hesitantly took the card. "Wait here." He said, pulling out his mobile phone and moving to a quieter corner of the room.

"So all that time we thought you were Zoe, the nice one, you were really good, pretending to be bad, pretending to be good?" Alf asked, scratching his head. "Strewth."

"Uh-huh."

"How are you alive?" Dan asked in agitation. "Jack told us you were both officially declared dead."

"When you're in my position it's not that hard to get the coroner to make a false report." Eve said calmly.

"But your bodies were identified."

"In reports made by officers who were informed of the situation beforehand." Tracey explained.

Dan sat down heavily next to Sally, his legs no longer able to support him. It was all so much to take in. It was unbelievable. Even though the two women had answers for everything, it was still difficult for him to rap his head around it all.

"So why are these drug jokers doing all this?" Alf asked, leaning forward in his seat. "The break ins, the bombs. Creating the Stalker."

Tracey stepped up explain it. "To divert attention from their operation and create confusion."

"It worked!" Dan exclaimed.

There was a knock on the door and Tony stuck his head through, seeming surprised that the atmosphere seemed rather calm. "Sorry to interrupt, but a courier just dropped this off for Jack." He said holding up a thin envelope.

"Dropped what off?" Jack asked, coming back out into the main bar and tucking his phone back into his pocket.

"Give it." Eve snapped, grabbing the letter out of Tony's hand.

"Oi." Tony said, watching Eve rip the envelope open with Tracey looking over her shoulder. "That's Jack's."

Having read the note, Eve and Tracey exchanged worried looks and walked out to the back of the bar without a word.

Jack picked the note up from where Eve could dropped it on the bar. "Showtime. Check the storeroom." He read out loud. He drew his gun and followed the two women to find Eve paused with her hand on the door to the storeroom.

Tracey touched Eve's shoulder. "Are you okay?"

Eve nodded, gathering her resolve, she twisted the knob and opened the door.

Simultaneously their jaws dropped. The storeroom had been practically transformed into one giant fertilizer bomb, large barrels of fuel and packs of fertilizer took up most of the space.

"This…is not a good thing."

Next time on Somewhere A Clock Is Ticking: Will they be able to defuse the bomb in time? And a young life will be lost but who's?

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is really gud but i am dissappointed by the fact that Eve/Zoe was good pretending to be bad now really gud..i luved her wen she was evil n wanted to get at every1 can't wait 4 next part update soon plz?

r Zoe n Tracy dating or just friends seem to be lesbians..??

sarahxx

Zoe and Tracey are indeed dating, I'm just trying to be subtle with it and not having them making out every five seconds like I want them to...did I just say that?

This is really gud but i am dissappointed by the fact that Eve/Zoe was good pretending to be bad now really gud..i luved her wen she was evil n wanted to get at every1 can't wait 4 next part update soon plz?
Just because someone is good doesn't mean they can't do evil things now and then :ph34r: And that's all I have to say about that for now :P

Zoe and Tracey are indeed dating, I'm just trying to be subtle with it and not having them making out every five seconds like I want them to...did I just say that?

... why yes, yes you did :P

Ahhh don't worry, I was thinking the same thing... wait... did I just say that too? LOL

Archived