Somewhere A Clock Is Ticking

Guest luckyrabbit

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, he so looks like a Holden. Not another dumb one, please. :lol:
:lol: Don't worry, the Holden boys seem to have inherited their dumb genes from their mother. Ben's a very different story :ph34r:

Can't wait for the new characters to come in and wreak havoc. BTW, when will the stalker be revealed? I want to know if it's Henry. :lol:
:P We are slowly inching closer to the big reveal.

I know, I feel so ashamed. To make up for it, here's a teaser:

Martha quietly entered the room to find Jack sitting on the end of the still unmade bed, tears streaming unchecked down his cheeks and his hands clenched so tightly, around a sky blue collared shirt, that his knuckles were white. She took the oppourtunity to observe her husband, he had been so strong, he'd gone to work and come home like nothing had happened, never cried and now it was like it was all crumbling down.

"Isn't that your shirt?" she asked, breaking the silence as she sat beside him on the mattress.

Automatically, Jack's hand came up to wipe the wetness from his face and Martha hated that he felt like he couldn't show weakness in front of her. "Yeah," he sniffled. "My favourite. Luc was always asking if he could borrow it, always bugging me about it but I always said no. I was so afraid the he spill something on it and it'd get stained….I guess he got tired of me always saying no and just took it…I loved this shirt and I didn't even notice it was gone." He wrung the shirt between his hands so hard that Martha was sure that the fabric would tear, not that it would've mattered. She knew that Jack would never wear the shirt again.

She reached out and rubbed slow comforting circles on his back, doing for him what she wished he would've done for her as she struggled to come to terms with the death of her own brother. "I never imagined it would be like this," Jack said, almost absently. "I always thought that I'd go first, I mean with my job…I never imagined that I'd be burying my baby brother. It's not fair, Lucas was a good kid, he didn't deserve to die!"

And Macca did?

Hi luckyrabbit.

In line with the new rules for fanfictions I have made some changes to the first post in your story, see here. I'd appreciate it if you'd take five minutes to make the necessary changes and PM me with any problems/difficulties/questions or post them in this thread.

Thanks.

Archived