Bay Crush

Guest Drew

PREVIOUSLY… ON BAY CRUSH

[Martha sits on the bed and looks at the test. She seems shocked, then she begins to cry heavily. She rolls on the bed and drops the test onto the floor. It has a plus on it… Martha is pregnant]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

RACHEL: I’m sorry Kit… [Kim and Kit notice the gun in Rachel’s hand]

KIM: Wait… What are you doing?

RACHEL: I want you back Kim… I want you back. [Rachel says emotionally]

KIT: Kim, get the gun. [Kit says crying]

KIM: Rachel, just put the gun down… We can try and work something out!

RACHEL: We can’t work anything out if she’s in the picture! [Kim looks at Kit, Kit’s crying] I’m sorry… This is just how it’s meant to be…

KIT: Rachel… Please…

RACHEL: Sh… This is it… One…

KIM: Rachel don’t…

RACHEL: Two… [Kit begins to cry heavily] Three! [Kim runs right in front of Rachel, the gun goes off. Kim stops and Kit screams]

KIT: Oh my god Kim! [Kim’s been shot on the left side of his chest. Kim falls to the floor] Oh god! [Rachel stands there in shock, she looks at the gun very confused]

RACHEL: What the hell?

EPISODE 23: In This Hour of Death, Part lll

THE PAD-LIVING AREA-NIGHT

[Kit’s crying over Kim’s body]

RACHEL: Kit, call an ambulance.

KIT: What!?

RACHEL: Just call an ambulance! [Martha runs in crying]

MARTHA: What’s going on!? [Martha notices Kim’s body and the gun in Rachel’s hand] Oh my god! Rachel!?

RACHEL: No, no, no! It’s not what you think!

KIT: He could die Rachel!

MARTHA: I’ll call an ambulance. [Martha runs over to the phone]

RACHEL: Kit, you have to understand-

KIT: Understand what!? You were going to shoot me! But you shot Kim instead! Tell me, how I’m meant to understand?

RACHEL: No, that wasn’t me!

KIT: What!? You were possessed?

RACHEL: No, that’s not what I’m saying! [Kim throws up blood]

KIT: Oh god. [Rachel takes her jacket off and puts it on Kim’s wound] What are you doing?

RACHEL: Putting pressure on his wound… Otherwise he’s going to die. [Kit and Martha look at each other, Martha’s on the phone]

THE HOSPITAL-EMERGENCY-MARTHA’S UTE-NIGHT

[Ric’s on his mobile, he dials Martha’s number. He doesn’t look well, still shaken up about Alf. Martha picks up her phone as she’s driving, Rachel’s in the passengers seat]

MARTHA: Hello? [Ric says nothing] Hello? Who is this? [Ric hangs up]

RACHEL: Who is it?

MARTHA: I don’t know… They wouldn’t answer me. [Martha gives Rachel a strange look]

RACHEL: You believe me don’t you?

MARTHA: Believe what?

RACHEL: I never shot Kim… I know the gun and everything falls into place… But it wasn’t me.

MARTHA: No offence or anything Rachel… But it all makes sense, no one else in the room had a gun.

RACHEL: I know… That’s what I’m so confused about. I don’t remember pulling the trigger, but at that moment when I was going too, someone did it for me…

MARTHA: Rachel… That doesn’t-

RACHEL: I know it doesn’t make sense, but it’s the truth. Something weird is going on. I know it.

THE HOSPITAL-EMERGENCY-NIGHT

[sally and Pippa are staring at Alf’s body on the bed]

SALLY: If the boys and I never went out to dinner this would of never of happened.

PIPPA: Sally, it’s not your fault.

SALLY: It is. If I was with him and not at the diner, we could of prevented all of this. [Ric walks in]

RIC: Hi.

SALLY: How are you?

RIC: What kind of question is that? [Ric says with a chuckle]

SALLY: Did you call Martha?

RIC: I couldn’t… I dialed her phone… I just couldn’t say anything to her… [Ric begins to cry, Sally hugs him]

SALLY: Hey, it will be alright. [They here a big rush coming through from outside the room]

PIPPA: What’s going on? [sally walks out and notices Kim being brought in for his wound. Kit and Martha run in]

KIT: Is he going to be alright?

AMBO: We don’t know, can you just stay calm!?

SALLY: Martha? What’s going on?

MARTHA: Sally? What are you doing here? [Ric walks out of the room upset, Martha sees his emotions] What happened? [Ric slowly walks up to Martha and they hug, Ric cries] What’s going on? [Martha says looking at Sally, Rachel walks in from behind and looks at Kit, they just stare at each other, Rachel looks at the clock, it’s 12:33. Doctor Green runs in]

DOCTOR GREEN: What happened?

AMBO: Shot in the left side of his chest, right through his lung.

DOCTOR GREEN: Doctor Armstrong could you-

KIT: Don’t you dare ask her to help Kim!

DOCTOR GREEN: Excuse me?

KIT: She’s the one that shot him! [People around look at Rachel]

SALLY: What?

DOCTOR GREEN: We need all the help we can get! [Talking to Kit]

JULIE: Well if I page Terry, she could be here in under five minutes, she just left. [Doctor Green looks at Rachel, then Kit]

DOCTOR GREEN: Can you take some scans so we know exactly where the bullet has been lodged? [Talking to Julie] And keep pressure on his wound.

MARTHA: Why are you guys here? [Talking to Sally]

SALLY: There’s been an accident with Mister Stewart.

MARTHA: What type of accident is he alright? [sally gives Martha a look of sadness] Oh no… [sally and Martha hug]

KIT: Why can’t you take care of Kim? [Talking to Doctor Green]

DOCTOR GREEN: I just finished up with a patient…I lost him…

KIT: But if you don’t help, Kim’s going to die too!

DOCTOR GREEN: There’s a very good chance that he won’t die… We can’t do anything technical anyway until we get the scans. [Two policemen walk in, it’s Rice and Fitzy. Kit looks at them]

THE HOSPITAL-A ROOM-NIGHT

[Rice, Fitzy and Kit are sitting in a room, Kit’s being questioned about the attack]

KIT: I just had no idea what was going on… It all happened so fast.

RICE: And you’re positive that it was Rachel that shot Kim? [Kit gives them a weird look]

KIT: Of course I’m sure! She was the only one in the room with a gun! Who else would of shot him?

FITZY: That’s what we’re trying to figure out.

KIT: Figure out? Figure out what? Rachel was the one that shot Kim! I was a witness and so was Kim! [Fitzy and Rice look at each other]

[in Alf’s room, the lights are out. Martha is standing beside Alf, holding his hand. Ric hugs Martha from behind. Alf’s hand squeezes Martha’s, Martha jumps]

RIC: Hey, are you ok?

MARTHA: He’s not dead.

RIC: Pardon?

MARTHA: He’s alive, he just squeezed my hand, he’s alive! [Ric doesn’t know what to say]

RIC: It’s probably just a muscle spasm or something. [Rachel walks in]

MARTHA: No, I know what I felt!

RIC: Martha, don’t do this to yourself.

RACHEL: Is everything ok?

MARTHA: Rachel, do something, he’s not dead! He just squeezed my hand!

RACHEL: What? [Rachel walks over and feels Alf’s pulse]

RIC: Martha, this is crazy.

RACHEL: I don’t believe it…

RIC: What?

RACHEL: He… He has a pulse…

RIC: What!?

RACHEL: It’s faint… Very faint… He’s alive though, barely. [Martha smiles, Ric looks totally surprised] Go get someone so we can help bring him back! [Ric just stands there] Ric, Go! [Ric runs off]

MARTHA: How is this possible Rachel? Is it even possible?

RACHEL: By the way he’s reacting it’s as if he’s in a coma.

MARTHA: But that’s still good right? He’s not dead?

RACHEL: No. He’s not. [Rachel runs out to get help. Rice and Fitzy are standing just outside the door]

FITZY: Doctor Armstrong… We need to chat. [Rachel sighs]

[Rice, Fitzy and Rachel are sitting down]

RICE: So why did you go over to Kim’s with a gun in the first place?

RACHEL: I don’t know… To prove to Kim how much I love him…

RICE: By shooting him?

RACHEL: No… That wasn’t me.

FITZY: Rachel, so we’ve heard… Tell us. What happened?

RACHEL: I was standing there with a gun… Didn’t know what I was going to do with it, then all of a sudden I heard two gun shots, the first one was pretty silent, but the second one just echoed throughout the room. I just looked at the gun in disbelief… I was confused because I never pulled the trigger.

RICE: But you were planning too?

RACHEL: No, I don’t know… I don’t know what I was doing.

RICE: How many bullets were in the gun?

RACHEL: Sorry?

FITZY: How many bullets were in the gun? Before you came to Kim’s?

RACHEL: I-I wouldn’t know because it wasn’t my gun… So I’m guessing it was a full load.

RICE: Whose gun was it? [Rachel stares into space] Doctor Armstrong, whose weapon was it?

RACHEL: I don’t know… I just found it.

RICE: You just found it?

RACHEL: Yes.

RICE: Just like that?

RACHEL: Yes, what else do you want me to say!? [Fitzy and Rice look at each other]

RICE: We’re going to let you go Rachel, in the meantime stay within the hospital, we’re not done with you yet.

RACHEL: Thank you. [Rachel gets up and walks out]

FITZY: What do you think?

RICE: I don’t know… She’s convinced herself that she didn’t pull the trigger.

FITZY: Yeah, but if she didn’t. Then who did?

[Alf is now hooked up to machines. The time is now 12:45. Sally, Pippa, Martha and Ric are in the room Rachel walks in]

RACHEL: How’s he doing?

RIC: He’s doing ok…

SALLY: What did the police want Rachel?

RACHEL: Just a statement with what happened back at the house with Kim. [Rachel and Martha look at each other. Julie runs in]

JULIE: I’m sorry Rachel, but we need you.

RACHEL: What’s wrong?

JULIE: An ambulance has just pulled up from the Vale mansion.

SALLY: What? Amanda’s?

RACHEL: Um, sure. [Rachel runs out]

SALLY: What- What happened at Amanda’s? [Rachel runs out as Macca is being brought in by the ambo’s, with Dan coming from behind]

RACHEL: Dan!? What happened? What’s going on? [Looking at Macca]

AMBO: He’s been shot, he’s lost a lot of blood, we need to give him a blood transfusion.

RACHEL: How long has he been like that for?

DAN: I don’t know, just under half an hour? [sally and Martha come out, they notice Macca]

MARTHA: Macca!? [Martha runs towards Macca] What happened? What’s going on?

JULIE: He’s been shot, we need to give him a blood transfusion. Take him into room six, that was cleared an hour ago. [The ambo’s move Macca away]

MARTHA: Who would shoot Macca? [Amanda runs in, Dan and Amanda look at each other] What happened? [Looking at Dan and Amanda]

AMANDA: It was an accident-

MARTHA: You did this too him?

SALLY: Martha-

AMANDA: I didn’t know how to stop it, he was going to kill Dan!

MARTHA: So you shot him?

AMANDA: I didn’t know what I was doing, everything happened so fast!

MARTHA: But couldn’t you think Amanda!? Couldn’t you think before you act!?

DAN: Martha, just calm down-

MARTHA: Don’t tell me to calm down! My brother has been shot! He could die! [Martha begins to cry, Jack runs in]

JACK: Hey I heard about Kim… [Jack looks at everyone] What’s going on?

MARTHA: Granddad has had a heart attack and Macca’s been shot.

JACK: What? [Amanda touches Martha for sympathy]

MARTHA: Don’t touch me you cow!

SALLY: Martha, that’s enough!

JACK: What’s going on? [Martha walks off] Martha? Martha? [Jack runs off]

THE HOSPITAL-OUTSIDE-NIGHT

[Jack’s still chasing after Martha]

JACK: Martha, Martha wait! He’s going to be ok.

MARTHA: What if he’s not?

JACK: He will be. [Jack hugs Martha]

MARTHA: This is all too much to handle, I can’t handle all the pressure!

JACK: What pressure?

MARTHA: Never mind. [Martha walks back to the hospital, crying. Jack just stands there]

JACK: Martha!

MARTHA: Just leave me alone Jack!

[Fitzy and Rice are sitting in the room, Rice is on the phone]

RICE: Ok… Thanks for telling us. [Rice hangs up]

FITZY: Was that Harper?

RICE: Yeah, he’s checked out the Holden joint.

FITZY: And?

RICE: There’s two holes in the kitchen window, from the bullets. They found one bullet on the floor covered in blood, and Rachel’s gun. With a full load. [Julie walks in with some scans]

JULIE: Sorry guys, but these are the scans from Kim’s chest where the bullet was lodged in.

FITZY: Thanks Julie… How’s Kim?

JULIE: He’s fine. He’s going to live. [Julie puts the scans up] Now as you can see, this was taken from a side view. The left side of the scan is his chest, and the right side his back-

RICE: But the tip of the bullet looks like it’s about to pierce through his chest.

JULIE: Because it is. The bullet came in from behind Kim. Not in front. [Fitzy and Rice look at each other]

[Rice and Fitzy are sitting on a table with Rachel and Kit on chairs]

RICE: A few minutes ago we received a call from Harper. He said that two holes are in your window, caused by two bullets. They found one bloody bullet on the floor, with Rachel’s gun. Which was fully loaded.

KIT: What?

FITZY: The scans showed us that the bullets were lodged into Kim’s body by the back, not the front…

RACHEL: What?

RICE: Whatever happened back at the house it was one big coincidence… You’re off the hook Rachel.

KIT: How? I don’t get it? If Rachel didn’t shoot Kim, then who did?

…CONTINUED

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you post a spoiler thing before this of what was going to happen in this chapter, coz i swear ive read the first part up unitl Jack walks in before, might check that out after i post this comment. But great chapter anyways. Poor Martha, she's pregnant, her grand dad just had a heart attack, and her brothers been shot, no wonder she doesnt want Jack around, she doesnt need to stress, it not good for the baby :( I wonder who shot Kim :unsure: Great chapter though

Please update soon :D

These three chapters. 21, 22 and 23 and 24 actually, it all happens in one hour. All four cliffhangers happen within one hour, so each bits from all four chapters are going to run into each other. (if it makes sense) Just so it's not confusing :P chapter 24 (yes, it's all about Zoe and Tracey haha) their stories will run into these stories.

In chapter 21 say, one of the scenes were only ten lines, but in 23, it's about 30 because two other stories ran into that scene...

I don't know if it makes sense. It will be alot clearer if it was on TV haha... To also make it easier, I put the time of when the cliffhanger happened so it's not to confusing...

Hope that explains it hehe.

Oh, YES she's innocent! Zoe? NO!!!! TRacey! Coz she's NOT dead apparently, and is mad at KIm for stealing Zoe off him!!! Is that right Drew? LOL< total spaz attack!

You just have to wait until the update haha... This isn't going to be a whodunnit storyline, I already have two of those planned haha, the shooter is revealed next chapter.

Archived