Crazy In Love

Guest lozzyluvscats

As a reward for your fantastic comments (thank you very much by the way), I’ve written my longest chapter yet. I hope you like…

Chapter six

Jack walked in the door, and rubbing his eyes he flopped on the couch, exhausted.

Martha walked out of their bedroom, “I thought I heard you come in.”

She came and sat next to Jack on the sofa, and he put his arm round her.

“When did you finish work?” Jack asked her.

“About an hour ago. It was pretty quiet at Noah’s today.”

“Lucky you – I’ve had a hectic day at work. I never thought I was gonna get to come home,” Jack replied wearily, easing his aching neck.

Martha’s heart went out to him.

“Turn round so that you’ve got your back towards me,” Martha commanded.

Jack did as he was told, and Martha immediately started massaging his shoulders.

“Aaaah, that feels good,” Jack said closing his eyes.

Once Martha felt Jack relaxing, she kept massaging, but leant forward to lead a trail of kisses down his neck. Jack tilted his head back in pleasure.

Martha grinned, she loved seeing the pleasure she could evoke in Jack.

Jack turned around. “Thank you,” he whispered, before capturing Martha’s mouth with his own and giving her a long and lingering kiss.

“Your welcome,” Martha said breathlessly.

“I feel much better,” Jack said. He was touched that Martha had seemed so concerned about him and wanted to make him feel better.

“Good,” Martha smiled. She hated seeing Jack so run down, all she wanted to do was look after him.

“I love you,” Martha told him, and snuggled up in his arms.

Jack kissed the top of her head, and held her tightly, closing his eyes in exhaustion.

Martha knew Jack was tired, and so reluctantly got up.

Jack opened one eye, “Where are you going?” he whined.

“You’re exhausted, so I’m putting you to bed.”

“Oh really?” Jack raised an eyebrow and gave Martha a suggestive grin.

Martha laughed, “You’re too tired for that.”

Jack reluctantly had to agree. Martha tugged his hand, and he got up off the couch and followed her into the bedroom.

“I know it’s early, but you’re coming to bed now too, right?” Jack asked hopefully.

He pulled Martha down onto the bed with him.

“Well, I wouldn’t want you to have to sleep alone now, would I? Plus, even though work was quiet I’m still pretty tired myself. Being pregnant really tires me out,” Martha said, yawning on cue.

Martha was now five months pregnant, and definitely showing.

Jack got undressed, and then smiling at the sleepy expression on his wife’s face, he gently undressed Martha too, and they both crawled into bed.

Laying in each other’s arms they quickly fell asleep.

~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~

Martha glanced at the clock on the nightstand. It read 3:17 am.

She had woken up so hot that she almost felt sick, and immediately tossed the covers aside. Even though she had now cooled down slightly, she just couldn’t get comfortable. Martha knew she had been tossing and turning for the last half an hour at least, and when she saw Jack stirring, she thought she better get up so she didn’t disturb him.

Martha walked to the kitchen and poured herself a glass of water. She was frustrated because she was so tired, and yet she couldn’t sleep.

Martha rubbed her hand over her bump, “Please let Mummy get to sleep,” she begged.

Martha sighed, “Oh I know it’s not your fault it’s so hot, and you don’t mean for me to be uncomfortable,” Martha spoke lovingly to her unborn child.

Jack walked out of the bedroom, bleary eyed, running a hand through his hair.

“Jack, I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to wake you,” Martha said guiltily.

“That’s okay, are you alright?” Jack asked sitting down on the other side of the kitchen counter, rubbing his eyes.

Martha let out a large sigh. “I’m hot, I’m uncomfortable, and I’m so very tired, but I still can’t get to sleep,” Martha said in exasperation.

“Hey, hey, it’s okay,” Jack said getting up and walking round behind his wife, putting his arms around her.

Martha gladly leant back into his embrace.

Jack rubbed Martha’s arms, and then picking up her glass of water he led her to the couch.

“Your desperation to get to sleep has probably got you all wound up, making it impossible to sleep. You need to relax.”

“How?” Martha asked him.

Jack put on one of Martha’s CDs and a gentle song filled the living room. When the chorus started, he pulled her up into his arms and they swayed to the music. Martha laid her head on Jack’s shoulder, and started to relax.

I’m going to love you more than anyone

I’m going to hold you closer than before

And when I kiss your soul, your body’ll be free

I’ll be free for you anytime

I’m going to love you more than anyone

As Jack felt Martha drifting into sleep, he gently picked her up and took her back to bed.

I hope you enjoyed it. I should probably say that the song is “More than anyone” by Gavin DeGraw (I love his music.)

I’m going on holiday tomorrow (to Australia – yay!) for 2 weeks, so I’m afraid you’ll have to wait for the next update. However, I’m sure I’ll have plenty of time and inspiration whilst on holiday to write plenty more chapters.

Thanks again guys,

Love you,

Lozzy xxx

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived