Crazy In Love

Guest lozzyluvscats

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter five

Martha panicked, she knew Jack was in danger, but she couldn’t find him.

She ran and ran, until finally she heard voices, and crashed through the door that was separating her from her husband.

Bang!

Martha screamed as she heard the shot and watched Jack fall to the floor in front of her, blood blossoming through his shirt.

She fell to her knees and sobbed uncontrollably, cupping Jack’s face with her hands.

~#~#~#~#~#~#~

Martha screamed and sat bolt upright in bed, still dazed and not quite sure of where she was or what was happening. She was panting heavily.

Jack was immediately awake and surrounded Martha with his strong arms.

“Ssssh! Martha, its ok, it was just a dream. You’re safe. I’m here.”

Martha started crying, memories of her disturbing nightmare still haunting her, and she wrapped her arms around Jack’s neck, incredibly glad of his embrace.

Jack held her for several minutes, rocking back and forth, until eventually her sobs died down.

Jack stroked Martha’s hair and placed a kiss on the top of her head.

“Feeling better?” Jack asked her.

Martha pulled back slightly from the embrace and nodded.

She ran her hand down Jack’s face, and he closed his eyes as she did so.

Then her gaze fell down to Jack’s bare chest and her hand followed her gaze down to where she had seen him shot.

Running her hand over the area of Jack’s chest that had housed the bullet in her nightmare, she shuddered slightly.

“Hey, Martha its okay.” Jack reassured her. “What happened in your dream? Did something happen to me?” Jack guessed.

Martha could only nod, as tears threatened to fall again.

“I’m sorry, I’m being pathetic aren’t I?” Martha said.

“No, of course not,” Jack said.

“I… I knew you were in danger but I couldn’t find you, and then when I did get to you… somebody shot you and you were just lying on the floor…and there was so much blood…”

Jack pulled Martha in for a fierce hug. He knew that if he’d had the same nightmare about Martha he’d be just as much of a wreck, if not more so. In fact, he told her so.

“Really?” Martha asked, clearly touched by Jack’s show of emotion.

“Really,” Jack answered.

“I love you,” Martha told him. She brushed her lips against Jack’s and then deepened the kiss.

When they finally broke apart, Jack said, “I love you too.”

“You think you can get back to sleep?” he asked her.

Martha seemed to consider this for a moment, “If you hold me.”

“Of course. I wouldn’t have us sleeping any other way,” Jack answered smiling.

They lay down in each other’s arms, and soon Martha’s dreams were filled with much more pleasant scenarios involving Jack.

~#~#~#~#~#~#~

Jack awoke to see Martha propped up on one elbow, gently stroking the side of his face.

“Morning,” Martha greeted him.

Jack smiled and pulled her in for a kiss.

“Feeling better this morning?” Jack asked Martha with a hint of concern in his voice.

Martha smiled at his concern, “Much better, thanks to you. I’m serious – last night you were fantastic. I don’t know what I would have done if you hadn’t been here to comfort me.”

“Lucky for you I’ll always be here then.”

“So there’s no getting rid of you?” Martha joked.

“Nope. You Mrs Holden, are stuck with me forever! And so is this little one.”

Jack peeled back the covers to plant a kiss on Martha’s stomach where she was just beginning to show.

Martha giggled and ran her hand through Jack’s hair. She ran her other hand over her stomach. “Well then I guess we’re very lucky, aren’t we little one.”

Jack straightened up, with one hand lingering on Martha’s stomach and the other arm draped around Martha’s shoulders. Martha placed her hand on Jack’s arm.

Jack sighed, “I’ve got to get up and go to work soon.”

“No you don’t,” Martha shot back quickly, pouting.

Jack laughed. “I really should…” but he didn’t get much further as Martha had distracted him rather successfully with her mouth. Jack didn’t emerge from the bedroom for a long time after that.

I’m quite pleased with that chapter. I definitely enjoyed writing it.

I hope the first part didn’t scare you, but you probably guessed it was a dream. (You know I’d never let anything bad happen to my beloved Jack and Martha.)

Archived