What different languages can you speak?

Guest girl_from_uk

^^ LOL!

I always admire people who learn sign language - it strikes me as requiring far more patience as you have to learn to communicate in a way entirely different to what you're used to (and I'd assume it's harder to take notes on the translations). I learnt the alphabet once then forgot it as I didn't keep in up - I think I can still spell out my name though.

I did French at school to GCSE (did quite well too...), and then ran a mile before they could make me do it for A level. I was one of the best at languages at my old school - at my new one, they learn languages like Greek, Russian and Latin in addition to French and German, so I don't mention my little GCSE when discussing lanugauges unless asked.

My sister would answer this topic with a.) English and b.) bad English. I think she prefers the latter.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I found difficult about Japanese is that they use three different alphabets (Hiragana, Katakana and Kanji, if I remember correctly) and you can only use certain ones for certain things.

Archived