Plans Are Meant To Be Broken

Guest kase

Hey guys, thanks for the comments.

I'm so sorry this has taken so long! I haven't been able to get on a computer lately. I will try to update if when I can! Here are two parts I've written because I dont know when I'll get the chance. Please Review!

Part 11

Diner

“Hey guys!” Leah chirped happily at Lucas and Matilda who had entered the diner. “You’re particularly happy today Leah,” Matilda commented.

“Yeah,” Leah said, smiling but suddenly becoming modest. “Actually, it’s me and Dan’s wedding anniversary today.”

“Oh wow,” Matilda cried. “Congratulations.”

“Thanks Mattie,” Leah beamed. “Actually, it’s last minute I know but Dan and I only decided yesterday we would do something. If you were interested, I wanted to invite Beth and Tony too. We’re meeting at Noah’s for drinks tonight.”

“Sure,” Lucas said. “Count us in. Don’t worry we’ll tell Mum and Tony.”

“Great,” Leah said. “Do you mind spreading the word around, I’m worried I’ll miss someone.”

“No problem,” Lucas said. He turned to pull Matilda to one of the booths but she had already left. He followed, sliding in next to her. “You okay?”

“Maybe I would be if you stopped making my decisions for me,” Matilda said, harshly.

“What?” Lucas asked, surprised. When she didn’t answer, he realised what she meant. “You mean about tonight?”

“Yeah,” she said. “The least you could have done was consult me about it. Or am I just going to listen to everything you say and do as you decide?”

“Tilly, I thought you’d want to go,” he said, perplexed. “I’m sorry, if you don’t we don’t have to. It was just the polite answer to give Leah. I thought you liked her anyway.”

“I do,” she said, defensively. “Now you’re turning it into something it’s not! It’s not about Leah, it’s about you calling all the shots.” Matilda glared at him and then felt a pang of guilt as she saw the hurt in his eyes, she suddenly regretted what she said. “I’m sorry Lucas.” He looked away. “Hey, I am, I’m just feeling grumpy and sleep-deprived.” When he didn’t answer, she felt her heart drop. “Please Lucas?” He looked at her and pulled her in for a hug.

“It’s okay,” he said. “I’m sorry too, I didn’t mean to make you feel like I was controlling you.” Matilda shook her head.

“No,” she sighed. “It’s my fault. I’d love to go tonight, I was being such a brat.”

“It’s okay,” he said, rubbing her back. “You’re so stressed out about Henry, I haven’t seen you like this before. It’ll be fun tonight, and things will pan out with him eventually.”

Beach House

“Right,” Belle said, with a couple of trays in her hands. “I’ll put these out in the back seat.”

“Good girl,” Irene said. “I haven’t seen Leah so happy in a long time. I think she wants everything to be perfect tonight.”

“Why?” Belle asked. “It’s not her wedding, it’s an anniversary.”

“Maybe she’s excited her and Dan can celebrate their love in front of everyone,” Irene said. Belle laughed and rolled her eyes, following Irene out.

“How sentimental,” she replied sceptically.

Noah’s

“So how are things with Henry?” Lucas asked Matilda, both cuddled on the couch.

“Urgh, besides his lecture the other night, he hasn’t said much,” she said. “Didn’t speak to me last night, said a couple of words to me this morning. Haven’t seen him since.”

“Is he coming?” Lucas asked.

“As if I’d know,” Matilda said. “I don’t get it Lucas, one moment his apologetic and the next his the biggest arse in the world.” Lucas stroked her arm comfortingly, as she rested her head against his shoulder. “God, I’m so much more immature when he’s around. I mean, I know I’ve grown up a lot but it’s like I’ve gone back in time.”

“Yeah maybe,” Lucas agreed, laughing softly. “But that’s what he inspires in you, your childhood. You two haven’t matured together, that’s why it brings it all back.” Matilda looked at him in amazement. “What?”

“When did you become so wise?” She said, pinching him on the nose.

“Hey” Ric greeted Belle, kissing her on the cheek.

“Hey there stranger,” she replied. “I haven’t seen you in a while.”

“Too long,” Ric said, ordering a drink and sitting down. They hadn’t seen each other since he stayed over the night at Irene’s. “Been busy with work.”

“I thought so,” Belle said, casually and shrugged it off. “I think Irene needs a little more help.”

“Sure, I’ll save your seat,” Ric said.

“Here you go,” Martha said, handing Jonathon to Lucas. “Go to Uncy-Lukey.” Jonathon blinked at his uncle, before snuggling into his blanket.

“Aww,” Martha said, laughing. “You be a good boy.” Lucas put his finger near Jonathon’s mouth, surprised that he started to suck on it. Matilda looked at him in Lucas’ arms and smiled.

“You okay Tilly?” Lucas asked, and she nodded. “Here.” Surprised, Matilda took Jonathon from him, and this time she did not feel nauseous. She smiled at Lucas before glowering down at his tiny face. Lucas lent his head against hers, wrapping his arms around her.

“Henry,” Ric called to him as he walked past. Henry looked at him for a moment. “Can we just put things aside? I don’t want to fight with you.”

“Then stay away from me,” Henry said, shrugging obviously just as Belle walked over to Ric, with a drink in her hands.

“What’s going on?” She asked.

“Nothing,” Ric replied, not taking his eyes off Henry.

“Hey,” Henry said to Belle.

“Hi?” Belle replied, taken back. But he simply gave her a piercing look before walking off. She looked at him in confusion. He had stopped where Tasha, Robbie, and Joey were sitting, talking to them. For a moment he glanced up, catching her eye. Determined not to break his eye contact she stared him down. He did not seem intimidated though, simply looked at her with amusement before continuing to talk with Robbie.

Lucas had left Matilda with Jonathon when he saw Henry walking in. He asked him for a word and the pair of them walked to a corner. Matilda noticed and eyed them suspiciously.

“Look Henry,” Lucas said. “I don’t know about you but Tilly is really torn up about how you two aren’t getting along.”

“Well, what am I supposed to do about that?” Henry asked.

“Maybe you could talk to her?” Lucas said.

“Maybe you should talk to her instead of putting your filthy hands all over her,” Henry remarked.

“Henry!” Matilda cried from behind him. Jonathon was now with Jack and she had anger all over her face. “Don’t talk to him like that.”

“Whatever,” Henry said. “I’m just looking out for you.”

“No you aren’t,” she said angrily. “You have a chip on your shoulder and you’re being a jerk. You’re trying to make yourself feel better, not looking out for me. I can’t believe you said that to him.”

“Hey, what’s going on?” Ric said. “You okay Mattie?”

“As if you care,” Henry spat. “Wait maybe you do. A little too much.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Ric asked.

“You know damn well,” Henry replied.

“No actually I don’t think I do,” Ric said, folding his arms. “Why don’t you explain it to me.”

“Ric,” Matilda said, warningly.

“Why don’t you ask your girlfriend,” Henry said. “No wait, maybe you can’t anymore.”

“What the hell are you on about?” Ric said. Henry raised his eyebrows at him.

“I don’t know Ric, you’re too busy playing hero where you aren’t wanted you didn’t even realise she’s left you.” Ric looked back to where Belle was sitting, but the seat was empty. He looked around the venue but could not see her anywhere. He scoffed and looked back at Henry who had a superior look on his face.

Beach

Belle marched up the beach, she had grabbed her things and left and Ric had not even noticed. She was so angry with him, but more at herself for getting into this situation.

“Belle!” She heard Ric’s voice behind her. “Belle, stop!” She kept on walking until he sprinted in front of her and held her back. “Belle, why’d you leave?”

“Wow Ric,” Belle said. “I’m amazed you noticed.”

“What are you talking about? So I left for a moment,” Ric said, defensively. “Things looked tense between Henry and Lucas I thought there might have been trouble. You’re overreacting over nothing.”

“Yeah,” she scoffed. “That’s me, the drama queen – not Matilda.

“Come on Belle,” Ric cried, frustrated. “I thought there’d be a fight.”

“A fight about Matilda. Wanted to look like the hero again? You didn’t even tell me you were going. You just got up, and left. Without a word. Remember that fight we had last week? I’m back to the invisible girlfriend. To Matilda’s shadow.”

“You’re not Belle,” Ric said. “I really care about.”

“Not enough though?” She said spitefully.

“Don’t be stupid,” he said. “What are you on about?”

“You heard me,” she said quietly. “Don’t pretend you didn’t. Don’t pretend you don’t know what I’m talking about. You weren’t asleep.” She glared at him. “Leave me alone Ric.” She pushed past him, making her way home.

Part 12

Noah’s

“God Henry,” Matilda cried. “You can be such a jerk. I don’t know what your problem is but stay away from me until you have it sorted it.” Henry looked unfazed as Matilda stormed out of Noah’s. He glared at Lucas, who gave him the same look.

“You better go after her,” Henry said harshly.

“Yeah to pick her up after the way you left her,” Lucas retorted, before also exiting.

Hunter House

“I don’t understand Lucas, I just don’t!” Matilda cried. She was so upset, that even Lucas couldn’t calm her down. They sat on her bed, after he had found her there.

“It’s okay,” he tried to reassure her. “It’s not your fault.”

“Are you sure about that?” She said. “Because he sure is blaming me.”

“His an idiot,” Lucas said. “But a caring one, weirdly enough. He’s just looking out for you.” He reached over and kissed her gently, he rubbed circles on her back, comforting her. She sighed into his back. She was on a roller coaster of emotions and the moment.

Beach House

Belle stared up at her ceiling for what seemed like hours. Her head hurt from the frustration that she was venting up. She was angry at Ric, she was angry at Henry, she was angry at Matilda, and she was angry at herself.

“Belle” She heard Ric call to her softly by her door.

“Go away,” she said. He came over and sat next to her on her bed.

“Please,” Ric said. “I don’t want to lose you.”

“I’ve heard it before,” she said. “You promised last time.”

“I didn’t do anything,” Ric said. “I’m sorry, I thought you noticed the fight as well. I mean I just wanted to help. I’m sorry for saying you overreacted, I just didn’t think I did anything wrong. Please Belle, don’t throw us away.” Ric leant over; she was still staring at the ceiling. He stroke her cheek gently, he stroke her hair. He leaned over and pressed his lips her hers, hoping desperately that she would respond. When she didn’t he nodded and got up to go.

He then felt her hand pull on his wrist firmly; he looked back at her and smiled. She rolled her eyes at him. He leant back down and kissed her passionately, grateful as hell.

Hunter House

“Don’t think about it Tilly,” Lucas said. “It’ll only make you more angry.”

“I know,” she said, sadly. He leaned in and kissed her, she replied hungrily. He kissed her harder but then she pulled back and sighed.

“I’m sorry,” she said. “I don’t feel –”

“Shh,” Lucas said. “It’s okay. Do you want to stay with me tonight?” She shook her head.

“I’ll be right.”

“Are you sure it won’t be too awkward with Henry?” he asked.

“I said I’d be okay Lucas,” she snapped. “We’re together, you don’t have to push me for sex every two seconds. It’s not like you don’t get plenty.” Lucas looked at her alarmed.

“I wasn’t, I mean, I’m not,” he stammered. Matilda looked at him regrettably.

“I’m sorry,” she cried. “I didn’t mean that. I don’t know why I snapped.”

“It’s okay,” Lucas said reluctantly. “You’re just upset. I just hope you don’t think I’m pressuring you.”

“Please don’t be mad at me,” Matilda cried.

“I’m not,” Lucas said, assuring her. “I promise.” He felt his back strained as Matilda gripped him hardly and tightly towards her.

Beach

Belle walked across the beach, it was past midnight but she wasn’t worried. Her self-pitying had reached an all time low. She was so much in rage, regret and deep in thought that she didn’t notice a figure in front of her until she bumped into him. Henry caught her as she stumbled. He held her tightly by his arms. She looked up to see his piercing eyes, still visible in the night. Her breathing shortened, she could feel her heart beating in the sound of silence and the waves. He looked so serious, his face burnt with integrity. But in it, she saw desire. She held his gaze for who knows how long, until she couldn’t any longer. The next thing she knew she could feel his tongue entwined with hers, she could feel his hands travelling up and down her back, she could feel his hair ruffled in her hands. She could feel him.

Hunter House

“You can’t be sure,” Ric whispered to Matilda in disbelief. She shook her head, a silent tear trickling down her face. Ric put his hand on her cheek, wiping it away. “It may not be true.” Matilda sniffled.

“I feel the same way,” Matilda cried. “I remember what it feels like. I don’t know why this is happening again. I don’t know why me.”

“But you don’t know,” Ric pressed. “Mattie, you don’t know for sure.”

“I can feel it,” Matilda said. “I know my own body. I know what it felt like then, and its how I feel now.” Ric could only stare at her. “What am I going to do, Ric?” Ric pulled her into a tight hug, holding her close to him.

“You do what you regretted not doing last time,” he whispered. “You tell Lucas the truth.” Matilda nodded, still trying to stifle her sobs.

Lucas was asleep when he felt his bed sag on one side. He opened his eyes to find Matilda sitting on the side of his bed.

“This is a nice surprise,” Lucas said, sitting up. He pulled Matilda in for a kiss but when she rejected he looked at her with worry. “What’s wrong?” She stared at him, pausing. The silence was eating away at him. “Tilly?”

“Lucas,” she said firmly. “How do you feel about me?”

“What?” Lucas asked. “You know how I feel about you. What’s this about? What’s wrong?” Matilda shook her head.

“How do you feel about me?” She asked again.

“The same way I have felt about you since I realised I needed to be with you,” Lucas replied. “I love you. That hasn’t changed.” Matilda let out a breath.

“Okay,” she said, breathing in deeply. “Do you know what love means?” Lucas opened his mouth to continue but Matilda beat him to it. “It means that you want to be with that person no matter what, that you want to support them through everything. It means you are there, no matter how hard. And you never, not for one second, leave them because it’s the easy thing to do.” She paused for a moment, still looking Lucas in the eye. “Do you still feel the same way about me?”

“Yes,” Lucas whispered, without hesitation.

“Okay,” she said. “Because there is something I need to tell you.”

------------------------------------

I really hope you like it! :S Bit worried about it!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you all SO much for the reviews. I'm glad you're really enjoying it! I'm so sorry it has taken so long, I'm not only having trouble accessing the internet but I'm under a huge pile of school work! But bear with me lol, here's the next part.

Part 13

Hunter House

“Matilda,” Lucas finally said, after his room was engulfed in silence. “Tilly, talk to me.” Matilda had her faced pressed against Lucas’ chest, tears falling silently from her face. He had pulled her towards him the moment she had told him the news, and neither of them had been able to let go. “Please?” Matilda pulled back slowly, she could only see the outline of his face as the moon reflected through his open window.

“I’m scared,” she said quietly. Lucas reached over her and turned on his bedside light. A faint orange glow brightened the room. He saw her tears and wiped them off her cheek.

“Me too,” he said, gently. “But we’re doing this together this time. You don’t have to go through it again alone.” Matilda looked at him alarmed. Lucas added quickly, “Whatever you choose. I’m serious. I’ll support you.”

“I can’t do it again,” Matilda cried. “Not this soon after. I can’t believe this is happening again. Why me? Why us? We’ve been so safe!”

“Hey, hey, hey,” Lucas said, trying to calm her. “I don’t know why. The odds were against it happening but it has. Nothing is one hundred per cent safe.” Matilda nodded, trying to stop her tears. “So are you sure this is what you want to do?”

“Positive,” Matilda said, quietly. “Lucas I know you said you would support me but it’ll change everything. You don’t have to give up anything if you don’t want to. I just can’t, I can’t do it again. I’ve already damaged my fertility once.”

“No Tilly,” Lucas said firmly, before softening. “I said I’d support you. If that’s the decision you have chosen then that’s final. I’m here for you all the way, I’ll be the best father I can be.” Matilda looked at him before tears started to flow down her cheeks again. Lucas could only pull her closer to him, stroking her hair gently.

Beach

Henry pressed his body closer to Belle, both of them sinking into the sand. They had been on the beach for a while but neither of them were willing to let go. The urgency that they felt was still scorching through their bodies. Belle pressed her lips harder into Henry’s, causing him retaliate. He ran his down to her waist and pulled her closer to him. Neither of them could think of anything else except the sensations they had of being so close, of the tension between them. It wasn’t for a very long time until they both pulled away slowly. A grin crept onto Henry’s face and he could see Belle imitating it. He kissed her tentatively on her lips again, his smile widening even more.

“Hey,” she said.

“Morning,” he replied, cheekily. She grinned insanely at him. “Maybe we should go.”

“Yeah,” she said softly, nodding her head. She leant her head in for one more kiss before picking up her sandals. She flashed him that grin one last time. “I’ll see you around.”

“Yeah,” he said, smiling. “I guess you will.”

Hunter House

Lucas felt Matilda stir next to him. He ran his hand up her back slowly.

“Morning,” he said gently, as she crawled up towards him.

“Morning,” she said, managing a weak smile. “You didn’t sleep?”

“Yeah I did,” Lucas said. “But I got up a while ago. Did some thinking.”

“What about?” She asked him, curiously.

“Well,” he said, studying her face. “We don’t know how far along you are. But the university year has just started for you. I’m sure you could always deter for next year. By the time term starts next year the baby will be a few months old, and if you like you can go back to school then. Maybe part-time if you think it’s too much.” Matilda looked away thoughtfully. “Anyway, you could work more in the meantime and I could start working on days off. I finish my course this semester so I can stay home until we feel I should look for full-time work.” Matilda looked at him surprised.

“You’d stay at home?” She asked incredulously.

“Yeah,” he laughed. “I will be a parent. And who said the mother should be the one at home?” Matilda smiled, nodding.

“I guess you’re right,” she said, cheering up. “Welcome to the twenty-first century.” Lucas laughed, hugging her tightly.

“So are we going to tell Dad and Beth now?” He asked her.

“Um,” Matilda said, sceptically. “I’m a bit worried.”

“We’re in this together, remember?” Lucas replied. Matilda nodded. He pulled her up from the bed, grabbing his dressing gown and wrapping it over her. “Come on.”

Diner

Belle sipped her milkshake noisily, she was fairly energetic given she had not had a wink of sleep. She noticed Ric coming into the diner, scanning it for her. Her stomach lurched, she had not thought about the repercussions of her encounter with Henry until she had left him.

“You weren’t in bed this morning,” Ric said.

“You weren’t in bed last night,” Belle replied.

“Yeah look Belle,” Ric said. “I’m sorry I left, I felt like I needed a walk. Didn’t feel too well.”

“Yeah?” Belle asked.

“Yeah,” Ric said. “Just needed time by myself to chill.”

“I hope you’re feeling better,” Belle replied.

“Thanks,” Ric said. “I am.”

“Good,” she stated. Any guilt that was present from the moment Ric walked in the diner had vanished as anger overheated her.

Hunter House

“What…What are you,” Beth trailed as Matilda and Lucas walked out of his room. “Did you spend the night…”

“Beth, Dad, we need to talk,” Lucas said. Tony looked surprised and sat down next to Beth as both Lucas and Matilda took a seat.

“What’s wrong?” Beth said, worried.

“We need to tell you something,” Lucas replied. Before he had the chance to continue, Henry walked into the house, he clearly had not come home last night. Matilda felt her stomach lurch; she could not handle another Henry conflict at this stage.

“Henry!” Beth exclaimed. Henry walked over and grabbed an apple out of the fruit basket.

“Save it Mum,” he said, kissing her on the cheek and surprising her. “I’m a big boy now.”

“Yeah, you may want to sit down for this too Henry,” Lucas said. Henry looked surprised but for once did not add a smart comment and sat down, he could sense the seriousness at the table. He caught Matilda’s eyes and felt a sense of stress radiating.

“What’s wrong?” Tony finally asked. Everybody was looking towards Lucas who was about to speak but Matilda got in first.

“I’m pregnant,” she said boldly. All three pairs of eyes snapped at her in surprise.

Thanks guys, I've been a bit busy lately but I will try to get more up. My internet problems are all fixed:) its just work now! But here we go:

Part 14

Hunter House

“Well,” Beth said. Her voice was still trembling from the shock. “I’ll book us an appointment as soon as we can get it.” The family had listened to both Lucas and Matilda explain what they had decided to do. Both Tony and Beth, even though stunned at first, eventually accepted it and were both supportive. Henry, on the other hand, had remained quiet.

“Thanks Mum,” Matilda said, appreciatively.

“Now Sweetheart,” Beth said. “Are you sure this is what you want to do? You are only 18.”

“I’m sure Mum,” Matilda replied. “Henry?” Henry looked up at her. “Do you have anything to say?”

“Not really,” he said, shrugging. “I guess it’s your life.” Matilda looked at him in confusion, as he got up and went into her room. She had expected him to be angry, rash, and for him to lash out. But a quiet Henry was only a ticking time bomb in her experience.

Outside (Diner)

Ric’s phone beeped against him. He pulled it out and found a message from Matilda. Belle was next to him, walking silently. She had not been able to tell him what happened and was not sure it was a good idea.

“Is it okay if we drop by the Hunters?” Ric asked Belle. Her body tensed up, but he quickly explained. “Long story short but…Matilda’s pregnant.” Belle looked up at him quickly.

“What?” She asked him, unconvinced.

“I’m not kidding,” he said.

“When did you find out?” Belle asked.

“Oh, she told me at the party,” Ric said, caught off guard. “Anyway she’s just asked me to pop round for a bit. If you don’t mind that is.”

“Maybe I shouldn’t,” Belle said reluctantly. “You can.”

“It’ll be okay,” Ric said. “Mattie isn’t going to be holding any grudges in this state.”

Hunter House

“Ric!” Matilda said, as he walked through the door. She pulled herself up for a hug, until she spotted Belle. “Hi”

“Hey,” Belle said. Then added dryly, “Congratulations.”

“Thanks,” Matilda replied, rolling her eyes. “Thanks for coming.”

“It’s fine,” Ric said. “Is everything okay?”

“Yes,” Beth answered him. “I booked us an appointment in twenty minutes so we’re heading down now.”

“I wanted to know if you wanted to come?” Matilda asked him. “It’s okay if you can’t.”

“No,” Ric replied. “I can.” He looked at Belle. “Unless you’re not okay with it.” Belle looked at the pair of them in amazement. She could not understand why Matilda would want Ric with her when she already had her parents and Lucas. She shrugged.

“Yeah, sure,” she said. “It’s fine. You guys go ahead. I’ll catch you up later.”

“You sure?” Ric asked.

“Positive,” she replied. He kissed her on the cheek as he followed Lucas and Matilda out. Beth and Tony were not far behind them. Before she turned to leave, she heard the bedroom door open and Henry walked into the room.

“Hey,” he said.

“Hey,” she replied. “You aren’t going?”

“Nah,” he replied. “She’s got enough of a support base.” Belle laughed. They both stood quietly, not knowing what to say. “Did you tell Ric?”

“No,” she replied, she started to look worried. “I didn’t know if I should.”

“His a bit thick,” Henry replied. “Not sure he’ll figure it out unless you tell him.”

“Figure what out?” Belle asked, rolling her eyes and scoffing. “That I cheated on him?”

“Nah,” Henry said casually, walking over to her. “That you’re cheating on him.” He pulled her in roughly and moulded his lips against hers. The sensations and the urgency that they both felt last night instantly inflamed. Belle wrapped both her hands around his hair, while he pulled her closer by her waist. She could feel his stiffness through their pants as he led her back into the bedroom. Both of them, desperately trying to uncover each other’s.

Hospital

“It looks like you were right Matilda,” Doctor Gordon said. “You’re positively pregnant and in your first trimester. Here are some pamphlets about nutrition and health.”

“Thanks,” Matilda said, taking the pamphlets and giving a couple to Lucas.

“It looks like you have a very supportive family around you,” she said, noticing the rather cramped room. Matilda could only smile in appreciation, and she could feel Lucas squeezing her hand softly. “There’s a lot I need to go through with you but perhaps in the next session. For the time being, you should get plenty of rest and look after yourself as morning sickness may occur quite soon. There are some classes that you should attend later on down the track, but we’ll handle that when it comes.”

“Thank you,” Matilda said.

“It’s quite alright,” the doctor replied, smiling. “You’ll be fine.”

Hunter House

“How you feelin?” Henry asked Belle. They both laid sprawled on the mattress on the floor, their clothing was scattered around them.

“Mmm,” Belle said, lifting her head. “Blown away.” Henry sniggered.

“Yeah,” he said, confidently. “That’s what they all say.” Belle laughed and punched him on the shoulder playfully, sinking her head back against the pillow. In all honesty Belle had never felt so enthralled before. Henry was able to extract from her every essence of fire she possessed and all the energy she had installed. She picked her watch up from the floor and groaned.

“I better get going,” she said, gathering all her things. As she was putting on her clothes she turned to see Henry, with his eyebrows raised. “What?!” He feigned an innocent face before he felt a pillow collide into his smug face.

Thanks, glad you like it. Hehe Belle and Henry are selfish. But Belle is feeling a tad guilty :P

BTW: There's a warning for this Part. There may be content that is offensive to some.

Part 15

Hunter House

“So where’s loverboy?” Henry asked Matilda as he found her making a cheese toastie.

“Uni,” she replied. She sighed. “Henry, if you have something to say, just say it.”

“I have plenty to say,” he replied. “But nothing of importance really.”

“Stop playing these games,” Matilda said. “I just can’t handle them. I know you have a problem with Luke and me but we’re expecting a baby. Please just accept that.”

“I have,” Henry replied. “If you’re happy, so am I.”

“You’re joking,” Matilda said. “You were such a jerk last night, you haven’t said more than a couple of sentences, now you’re happy for me?”

“Yep,” Henry replied. He kissed her on the cheek before walking out. Matilda could only stare at him in amazement. Not wanting to feel the suspicion creeping into her mind, she could not stop it anyway. She sighed, whatever he was up to she had more important things to think about.

Outside (University)

“Oi!” Lucas turned to see Henry jogging up to him. He waiting until he had caught up until he started walking again.

“Henry,” he said. “What’s up?”

“Nothing,” Henry said. “Just wanted to ask you something.”

“What’s that?” Lucas said, his body tensing.

“Are you serious about my sister?”

“What?” Lucas asked in amazement. “I’m having a child with her, we’re going to start a family. And you’re asking if I’m serious about her?”

“Well duh,” Henry replied. “I mean, you’re in it for the long haul?”

“Of course,” Lucas said, indignantly.

“Good,” Henry said, somewhat satisfied. Lucas eyed him suspiciously but he gave nothing away. “Well,” Henry said after a period of silence. “I suppose I’ll need to be some kind of help seeing as I’m about to be an uncle. So let me know. Even if its cash.” Lucas turned to look at Henry and saw a genuine expression on his face.

“Thanks,” he said. They both walked in silence towards the Hunter House, Lucas more confused. Henry looking completely content.

Diner

“I don’t know what it is but you are looking very radiant today young Belle,” Colleen chirped as she carried over a chocolate milkshake.

“Why, thank you Colleen,” Belle said, quite amused. She checked her watch; Ric had messaged telling her he wanted to meet after his shift. Sipping loudly on her milkshake, she opened the paper in front of her. Ric appeared at the door and headed over to her.

“Hey beautiful,” he said. She smiled back.

“Hey,” she said. “How was your shift?”

“Not too bad,” he replied. “Boss was a bit ticked off I took the morning off.”

“Ah well, you work hard enough,” Belle said. “How was Matilda’s appointment?”

“It went well,” Ric replied. “She’s doing great.” Belle nodded, taking another sip of her milkshake. Ric reached over and tipped her chin upwards. “Hey, thanks for being so great about me going to her appointment. Matilda really appreciated that I could be there.” Belle smiled at him, her stomach lurched with guilt.

“It’s okay,” she said softly. “You need to do what you need to do.” Ric leant over and kissed her softly, his lips full of warmth and care. The guilt in Belle’s stomach kicked viciously.

Hunter House

“Maybe it’s genuine,” Lucas said. He was sitting on his bed with his legs apart while Matilda rested in between them, her body slouched across the bed.

“Maybe,” Matilda said, thinking. “I really hope so. I want everything to be uncomplicated and happy.” Lucas kissed her ear gently.

“Yeah,” Lucas said. “It will be. You know what else you could do?”

“What’s that?” She asked him, curious but smiling.

“End whatever tension you have with Belle,” Lucas said simply. Matilda’s smile faded.

“Er, I’ll pass,” she said simply.

“Whatever,” Lucas said. “But you said it yourself. Uncomplicated and happy.” Matilda sighed loudly, emphasising it for him to hear. He laughed.

“I’ll think about it,” she mumbled. Lucas moved his hand over Matilda’s stomach. It was too soon to tell any difference but he could feel what was growing. Matilda smiled, snuggling into him further.

“I can’t believe I’m going to be a dad,” Lucas said.

“I can’t believe I’m going to be a mum!” Matilda said. “You know this idea has grown so much on me. I can’t believe I was so reluctant and scared at first. I should’ve trusted you’d be great and Mum and Tony.” Lucas smiled, nibbling her ear now. “Lucas! Quit it!” He laughed.

“Nah,” he said. “Don’t see why.” She giggled as she turned around and stroked his face. She kissed him passionately on the lips before making her way down. Kissing his chin light and slowly unbuttoning his shirt. Lucas leant his head back against the wall to support himself, he closed his eyes as Matilda went lower and lower.

Diner

“Hey?” Ric said. Belle looked up at him from her plate.

“Mmm?” She asked.

“I’m so glad we sorted everything out,” he said.

“Me too,” Belle said, smiling weakly before returning quickly to her plate, avoiding his eyes.

Hunter House

“I can’t believe you’re going to be a dad,” Jack said, incredulously for the fifth time that evening. Lucas smiled cheekily at him as he wrapped his arm around Matilda.

“If you want some practice, you can change Jonathon’s nappies anytime you want,” Martha said. She was holding him in her arms as he was falling asleep. “But in all seriousness, if you need anything just ask.”

“Thanks Martha,” Matilda said. “I’m sure we’ll be right with nappy practice at the moment though!” Beth smiled adoringly at her daughter, the idea of having another Hunter was starting to sink in. She would be the grandmother of three children now and this time Matilda would be home with her so it would be permanent for a couple of years.

“Hey Mum I was thinking,” Henry said from the table. “Maybe Mattie could move into Lucas’ room and I could have hers to myself.” Matilda looked at him in surprise. Beth stopped to consider it before nodding.

“I guess it would make sense,” she said reluctantly.

“Course it does,” Matilda cut her off quickly and smiled at Henry. He winked at her and grinned back.

Beach House

Ignorance is bliss, Belle thought to herself as Ric was in the toilet. She had felt guilty all night when Ric was being so nice to her. She agonised whether or not to tell her the truth but then realised that whilst he didn’t take their relationship as serious as she used to it would not matter. She decided to not see Henry anymore, that what they had was indeed a fling. Ric came back into her room, smiling cheekily.

“What?” She asked. He crawled onto her bed, pushing her down. He kissed her softly on the neck, arousing senses in her body.

“This,” he whispered, as he kissed her on the lips. She fell lost into his body on top of her. He slowly reached for her hands and pulled them downwards, guiding her into his pants. His breathing became faster as she reached inside. He moaned in pleasure as she moved faster and faster, her hands working his body. Finally he collapsed next to her, still breathing hard. Belle leaned over and kissed him, until he pulled her down into his chest as she snuggled next to him.

Hunter House

“Yep, yep, you too,” Matilda said, her ear against the phone. “Thanks, of course. Take care. Love you too.” She dropped the cordless phone into the charger and headed towards Lucas, Tony, and Beth. “Scott passes his love. He’s extremely happy for us.”

“Of course he is,” Beth said. “Bet his glad Noah has someone else to play with when he comes to visit.” Martha and Jack headed towards the table, Martha had her bag over her shoulder.

“We’re going to head home Dad,” Jack said. “I have an early shift tomorrow. Thanks for dinner. Congratulations once again.” He tousled Lucas’ hair lightly. “You’re a big man now.” Lucas laughed.

“Alright well, have a good night,” Tony said.

“I’ll see you at work tomorrow love,” Beth said to Martha.

“Yeah you will,” she said. “Good night.” After they had gathered all their baby things, Martha reached down to pick Jonathon up from Henry who was sitting on the couch. “Come to Mumma!” With a wave, the pair of them left.

Hope you enjoy :)

Thanks again!

Here's the next part

Enjoy :) It's a little longer

Warning: May contain content that offends people.

Part 16

Beach

Belle walked alone and spotted a familiar figure ahead of her in the water. She recognised it as Henry and decided to walk on quickly, pretending not to notice him. As she walked passed Henry smirked at her, he knew she had seen him.

“Feeling guilty?” He asked.

“Shut up,” she snapped. She sighed and turned towards him. She saw he had Josephine with him who was happy to have her feet touching the water. She looked down, and then replied honestly. “Yes.”

“Don’t,” Henry said, shrugging. “Ric’s a jerk.”

“No his not, he doesn’t deserve what I did.”

“Do you want to come over later? I have the house to myself today.”

“No!” She cried. “Look, it has to end. I can’t do it anymore. It’s not right.”

“Look Joey,” Henry said to Josephine in a cooing voice. “She’s in denial.”

“Urgh! Stop it,” she said, frustrated. “You don’t know what you are on about.”

“Don’t I?” Henry asked. “Look, you were bored with Ric that’s why you came to me. Sooner or later you’ll feel that urge again and hell, Ric ain’t going to fulfil your needs. His always trying to play hero with Tilly.”

“Whatever, I’m completely content with Ric for your information,” Belle said. She stalked off, “Bye Henry.”

University

“All done?” Lucas asked Matilda as she walked out of the office. She nodded.

“Yep, just handed in my form to deter,” she said.

“Deter?” A voice said from behind them. It was Jake, another student enrolled in literature.

“Yeah,” Matilda said, almost sadly. “We’re expecting a baby. I’ll be back next year.” Jake laughed.

“Congratulations,” he said to Matilda, and slapping Lucas on the back gently. “So you guys getting hitched?” Both Matilda and Lucas laughed, not sure whether to be embarrassed or find the situation simply amusing.

“Nah,” Lucas said, smiling at Matilda. “Baby is enough for us.” Matilda nodded.

“Cool,” Jake said. “Well, all the best with the little man or girl and everything. I’ll see you next year then Matilda.”

“See you,” Matilda said as he walked off. She looked at Lucas and both of them giggled. He pulled her into a hug and someone bumped into the pair of them. It was a girl who looked slightly peeved at their poor choice of location. They both laughed again, walking down the hallway.

Beach House

Belle sat at the table, writing in her diary. Ric knocked as he walked in unannounced. She smiled at him, closing her diary.

“Guess who?” He said, sneaking a kiss. She smiled.

“Oh, a surprise visit,” she said. He nodded, before leaning in to kiss her again. She smiled widely, taking his hand and leading him into her room. She pulled him on top of her as she began to undress him. His hands slid up and down her body, reaching under her top to feel her flesh. His touch sent jolts across her body as his kiss deepened. He jumped up at the sound of his phone however, both of them surprised by it. He looked down and answered it, giving her a pained look.

“Yeah, hey,” he said, rubbing his eyes. “Sure. Ten minutes? No worries.” He looked at her, she could tell he had to go. “It was work, emergency apparently. Said it wouldn’t take longer than half an hour.” He kissed her on the lips and grabbed his shirt. “Hold tight babe, I’ll be back soon.” Belle smiled sneakily at him and raised her eyebrows with suggestion.

Beach

“Hey you!” Lucas said, wrapping his arms around Matilda’s shoulders from behind.

“Hey!” She said. “I thought you had classes now.”

“They’re cancelled, so I thought I’d find you here,” Lucas said. “Beth told me you finished your shift ten minutes ago.”

“You know me too well,” she said. “Guess what though!”

“What?” Lucas asked.

“I forgot about this, but when Dad died and Mum sold the farm she left each of us some money. It’s in a trust fund. I don’t get mine until I’m twenty one but that’s in two years. At least we know that when the money comes through we might get our own place. So we’re not stuck at home forever.”

“That’s great Tilly,” Lucas said. “Wow, moving out as a family.”

“Yeah,” she said, smiling widely. “Ric!” Ric looked up and caught sight of the two of them as he walked towards the diner.

“Hey,” he said. “How are you?”

“Good, good,” Matilda said. “You smell like grease and chips.” Ric laughed.

“Well, I was working,” he explained. “Not sure about the chips though.”

“Lucas I want chips and gravy and sour cream,” she said.

“All together?” Lucas replied incredulously.

“Of course!” She exclaimed.

“Sounds good actually,” Ric said, laughing.

“Alright we’ll go,” Lucas said, pulling Matilda in the direction of the Diner. Ric walked beside her. “Oh shoot!”

“What’s wrong?” Matilda asked.

“I forgot I was meant to be babysitting Jonny today because both Jack and Martha are working. I’m already late, I better rush off. I’ll see you at home?”

“Yeah sure,” Matilda said. “I’ll bring you back some chips.” Ric laughed as the pair of them walked to the diner.

“So how are you holding up?” Ric asked.

“Great,” Matilda said. “Really great. Everything is just so right.”

“Good,” Ric said, giving Matilda a squeeze. “I’m happy for you.”

“How are things with you?” Matilda asked. Then added sarcastically, “How’s the little brat?”

“Oh no, I was meant to meet Belle,” Ric said, scratching his forehead.

“What’s with everyone leaving me!” Matilda said playfully.

“It’s okay,” Ric said. “I’ll message her. I’ve hardly spent any time with you since the big news.”

“You sure?” Matilda asked.

“Positive,” Ric said, pulling his phone out. “Besides, someone needs to keep you in control when in the diner.” Matilda punched him playfully.

“Hey! I’m going to be big anyway, I might as well make the most of it,” she defended.

Beach House

Belle heard her phone beep next to her and she put her book down, reaching for it. It was a message from Ric, he couldn’t make it and would see her either tomorrow night or the night after. She sighed, so much for a surprise visit. She fell back into her bed, restlessly. She picked her book back up and tried to read it. It didn’t take her half the page before she put it down in frustration. She practically jumped off her bed and grabbed her keys off her table.

Hunter House

Henry walked out of the bathroom without putting his shirt on, and went into the kitchen to grab a glass of water before he returned to his room. When he turned around from the sink he saw Belle at the door and he smirked. Her eyes rested on his bare chest, water droplets running down them. His body was toned and his hair looked darker because it was wet. He walked towards her, still smiling.

“Well, well, well,” he said. “If it isn’t –” Belle had rushed at him quickly and moulded her body against his, her breath was hot in his mouth. He wrapped his arms around her and pushed his hands up her top, sending shivers down her spine. She backed away from him and pulled her own top off, before kissing him again. She pushed him roughly into his new room, and pushed him onto the bed. She desperately unbuttoned his pants as he unclipped her bra, while he laughed briefly. She gave him a piercing look, still working on his zipper.

“Shut up,” she said. “Don’t say ‘I told you so’. Don’t do anything. Just, shut up.” Before Henry could reply she had lowered her face onto his lips, their tongues wrestling as his pants fell onto the ground. Moments later Belle moaned loudly as she lowered herself onto him, feeling him fill her up. She pushed herself harder and harder and her cries became louder. She was in ecstasy and she loved every moment of it.

Diner

“Anyway,” Matilda said. “You didn’t tell me how things were between you and Belle.” Ric smiled.

“Yeah,” he said. “We’re going good. I mean, we’ve recovered well. I’m glad we worked things out.” Matilda smiled.

“I’m glad you’re happy,” she said. Ric raised his eyebrows at her, causing her to roll her eyes. “Okay, even if it is with Belle Taylor. Luke wants me to make more of an effort with her.” Ric laughed.

“Yeah,” he said. “I’ve been telling you that for ages. But for the record I think you should.” Matilda gave him a look that clearly said ‘whatever’, and Ric threw a chip at her. She laughed and threw one back until Colleen came storming over. They both sniggered at each other when she finally marched off very indignantly.

Hunter House

“So much for being contented,” Henry said pointedly as Belle lay with her arm spread around him. She raised her head and shot daggers at him.

“Don’t start,” she warned. Henry chuckled, completely enjoying the situation.

“You better go before your boyfriend starts missing you,” he said playfully. Belle sighed and got up to leave. “If his not with Matilda.” Her eyes flashed with anger.

“Do you like seeing misery in other people?” She demanded.

“Nah,” he said casually. He sat up in bed and looked at her. “Just reckon you deserve better.”

“Whatever,” she said, grabbing her clothes hastily. “Keep your opinions to yourself.”

“Whatever you say,” Henry said unphased, lying back onto the bed.

Thanks Jess :)!

I've been writing more so here's another update. Hope you like it! Some drama is coming up.

Warning: May contain offensive material.

Part 17

Hunter House

“Hey Henry,” Matilda said, entering the house with Ric behind her.

“Hey Tilly,” he said, ignoring Ric. “Where’s Lucas?”

“He’s looking after Jonny,” she replied. “Ric do you wanna stay for dinner?”

“Shouldn’t you be with that girlfriend of yours?” Henry asked.

“What’s it to you?” Ric asked, testingly. Matilda eyed the two.

“Right, whatever,” she said. “You know, you’re both full of testosterone and all but you used to be best mates.” When the two remained silent, Matilda threw her arms in the air in defeat. “Well I’m not having dinner with the two of you if you are going to act this way.”

“Tell him to have dinner elsewhere then,” Henry said, simply.

“Henry!” Matilda cried. “I thought you were being nice again.”

“Yeah, to you,” he said. Then threw his arms up, reminiscent of Matilda. “Whatever, I have a shift at the diner anyway.” He stalked out of the house leaving Matilda fuming.

“What’s that cooking?” Lucas said, as he walked in. Matilda turned around with a huge grin on her face.

“Pasta,” she replied proudly.

“Wow,” Lucas exclaimed, hugging her and turning her around. “Pasta with ready-made sauce. It’s definitely a step-up.” Ric laughed as Matilda slapped him playfully. “You staying Ric?”

“Yep,” Ric replied. “Mattie insisted.”

“Cool,” Lucas said. “Why don’t you invite Belle?” Matilda threw him a filthy look which he only met with raised eyebrows. She rolled her eyes.

“Go on,” she said. “Invite her.”

“Hey, great!” Ric said. “I’ll just call her.”

Diner

“Hey Irene,” Henry said as he walked out into the back.

“Hey there love,” Irene greeted. “Looks like it’ll be a quiet one tonight. It’s a good way to start you off.”

“Great,” Henry said, putting an apron on. “What should I do?”

“Take these plates out to table three will you?” She said, handing him three plates.

“Sure,” he said, taking them. He noticed Belle sitting on one of the tables alone, she had her phone to her ear. When he came close enough he could hear part of her conversation.

“I don’t know Ric,” she said. “I’m not feeling up for it.” She had not noticed Henry come into the diner. “I don’t really want to be there.” As Henry walked past she finally noticed and went silent as she met his gaze. He smiled at her cheekily. “What? Yeah I’m still here. Okay, I’ve changed my mind. I will come over after all. Okay see you there.” She hung up her phone and walked to the counter as Henry walked out the back.

“Hey girlie,” Irene said. “You hungry?”

“No, I’m actually having dinner with Ric, Lucas and Matilda,” she replied. “Since when has Henry been working here?”

“Since now,” Irene said. “Matilda?”

“I don’t know, don’t ask,” Belle said. “I’ll see you tonight.”

“Bye lovey,” Irene said.

Hunter House

“Be nice,” Lucas whispered to Matilda as Belle entered. Ric went over to give her a kiss.

“Hey guys,” she said to Matilda and Lucas. “Tony and Beth out?”

“Yeah,” Lucas answered. “They’re with Tash and Robbie. Glad you could make it.”

“Wow, pasta with…pasta sauce,” Belle said. “Lovely.” Matilda glared at her. Belle smiled sweetly.

Diner

“Geez,” Irene said, rushing in with some plates. Henry was trying to wash them as quickly as he could by the sink. “If I had known we would be this busy I would have asked Colleen to stay behind.”

“It’s crazy Irene,” Henry quipped.

“Yeah,” Irene said, rushing to chop some carrots. “We’re usually dying down at this hour.” She began frantically searching for somewhere to put the vegetables.

“Here,” Henry said, handing her a plate.

“Thanks darl,” Irene said. “Hopefully this is a one off rush.”

“I sure hope so,” Henry said.

“Hello?” Someone cried from outside.

“Just coming!” Irene shouted, wiping her hands briefly before running outside.

Hunter House

“Well, Martha said that she would recommend the breathing classes she went to because apparently they are really down to earth,” Matilda explained while Ric nodded.

“Yeah,” Lucas said. “Jack said they were alright for the accompaniment too.”

“So are you having a baby shower?” Ric asked.

“Haven’t even thought about that yet,” Matilda said. Belle continued to eat her pasta in silence as the conversation continued. “Are you okay Belle?”

“What?” She said, looking up at Matilda.

“You haven’t said anything all dinner,” Matilda said. “Are you okay? Or just not really wanting to be here?”

“No,” Belle said. “I’m just tired.” She smiled at Ric who looked at her with encouragement, wanting her to join in.

“Try being pregnant,” Matilda said, laughing. Belle spread a plastered smile on her face in reply. Suddenly her mobile started to ring, she picked it up and held it to her ear.

“Hey Irene,” she said. “Yeah, I’m still at dinner. Oh no, please. Oh really? That’s not too good. Sure, no worries. Bye.” Belle hung up and looked up at the table, she had a look of regret on her face that only Matilda recognised to be fake. “It’s really busy down the diner and Irene is struggling. I hope you don’t mind me going. She sounded desperate.”

“Sure,” Lucas said. Ric got up and walked her to the door and gave her a quick peck.

“Bye guys,” she said from the door. “And thanks again Matilda. Dinner was just fabulous.” Ric stared after her and looked back at Matilda who had the same plastered smile on her face and her eyebrows raised.

“No problem,” she said in a high-pitched voice before rolling her eyes.

“At least you tried,” Lucas said laughing as Ric rejoined them.

Diner

“Thank god you’re here Belle,” Irene said. “Here.” Belle grabbed the plates from Irene’s hands and took them over to the table before she even had the chance to grab an apron. It was too busy for two people but Belle wasn’t complaining. Any excuse was good enough to get her out of the baby discussions of Princess Hunter.

“How was dinner?” Henry asked her teasingly, as she pulled her hair into a ponytail.

“Fantastic,” Belle replied sarcastically before disappearing out the front again.

Hunter House

“So how’s Joey?” Matilda asked Beth as she was pouring a glass of water.

“Great,” Beth said. “I can’t believe how much she has grown.”

“Yeah,” Tony said. “Just you wait, your little one is going to be a quick grower too.”

“Did you get everything sorted out at the university today?” Beth asked.

“Yeah,” Matilda replied. “It’s all taken care of.” Lucas smiled encouragingly at her and kissed her lightly on the forehead.

“I can’t believe Lucas is going to be a house-dad,” Ric said. Lucas and Matilda both laughed.

“Me neither,” Matilda said.

“Hey, well someone has to stay home,” Lucas said. Matilda pulled him closer and rested her head against his cheek, smiling happy.

“Aww,” Ric said, laughing.

Diner

“Just go Irene,” Belle said.

“Are you sure?” Irene asked.

“Yes,” Belle replied. “You’ve been running around all day. All we need to do is mop and we’re done.”

“Well alright,” Irene said, grabbing her bag. “Thanks you two. Thanks to you especially Belle for coming in.”

“It’s okay,” Belle said. “Now just go!” Irene laughed and walked out. Belle reached for the mop and threw it at Henry before walking around the counter to stack some of the chairs up. She felt his arms creep around her waist as he pulled her towards him.

“Couldn’t wait to get the place to ourselves could you?” Henry asked.

“As if,” Belle scoffed. “I just thought Irene looked too tired.” Henry pressed his lips against Belle’s and dragged her into the back room.

“Yeah,” he whispered between kisses. “Right.” He slid his arms up and down her back. “I can read you like a book.”

“Oh yeah?” Belle asked, not backing down.

“Yeah, I know exactly what you want,” Henry said, kissing her again.

“And what’s that?” Belle said through her short breaths. Henry pulled back and smiled before kissing her more passionately.

Hunter House

“Double layered chocolate,” Matilda confirmed.

“Right,” Lucas said. “You realise no one is open at this time right? The Diner would be closed”

“No! Try anyway. Or try Noah’s, Mum was talking about their new cakes menu.”

“Tilly,” Lucas said, frowning.

“Please Luke!” Matilda cried.

“Better listen to the lady Lucas,” Ric said. “Pregnant women can get nasty. Trust me, Martha wasn’t always nice when she was carrying Jonny.” Lucas sighed, he kissed Matilda on the forehead.

“Fine,” he said. He got up from the couch as Ric sniggered.

“Thanks honey,” Matilda said, sickeningly sweet, causing Lucas to roll his eyes. Ric made a whipping motion as Lucas walked past him and Lucas threw him a dirty look.

Diner

“Bet Ric never makes you feel this good,” Henry whispered to Belle as she continued to gasp. He had her pinned to the wall, one leg between her legs, and one hand down her pants. She closed her eyes, and he kissed her eyelids. Belle let out a last moan before she grabbed his hand firmly.

“Stop,” she whispered, panting. Henry kissed her on her neck as he pulled his hand out of her pants. She sighed softly as he leaned in to kiss her. Their kiss deepened until they heard someone cry out next to them.

“What the hell?” Belle and Henry separated instinctively as they saw Lucas looking at them, extremely shocked. He saw the pair of them and glanced quickly away from Belle’s pants. She realised that they were not zipped up and she walked away embarrassed. “Is someone going to tell me what is going on?”

“What’s it look like?” Henry said, casually.

“Henry,” Belle said warningly, as she walked back. She looked at Lucas, her eyes pleading. “Please don’t tell Ric.”

“No,” Lucsa said firmly. “You’ll tell him yourself. And if you won’t, then I will.” Lucas threw them both a disgusted look before walking out, leaving Belle and Henry looking at each other. Belle was still in shock while Henry remained unaffected, causing Belle to grow more frustrated and angry.

Been on a writing spree so here's the next part!

I hope you like it! It's starting to lead up to the finish.

Part 18

Beach

“Please Ric,” Belle cried. “I didn’t mean to hurt you.”

“No,” Ric said, angrily. “I don’t want to hear it.”

“Please,” Belle pleaded. “I’m sorry. I was upset over you and Matilda.”

“I have explained so many times,” Ric said through gritted teeth. “So many times, there is nothing there.” Belle looked away pained, the beach was still quiet. It was still early. “How long has this been going on?” Belle looked at him before turning away, her insides churned. “How long?” Belle opened her mouth but no words came out. Ric let out a scoff. “So last night was not a one-off. Right.” He turned and stormed off.

“Wait Ric,” Belle cried after him. “Ric!” But he kept walking.

Hunter House

Henry walked into the kitchen after he was sure that everybody was out of the house. He did not know whether or not Lucas had already told Matilda. Or if he had told Ric. Or if Belle had told Ric. He wasn’t in the mood to find out either. He anticipated the reactions from all parties and he did not think he wanted to face the wrath of his moody sister this morning if she already knew. He could not care less about what Ric thought and he was not surprised when he heard angry footsteps at the door. He turned around, grinning.

Beach

Belle stared out towards the waves, she sat in self-pity. She knew that Ric wasn’t the best boyfriend but he did not deserve the way she treated him. She heard someone approach her and when she looked up she saw Matilda, obviously furious. She sighed, she really did not want to deal with her right now.

“So,” she said. “Whichever one of your boyfriends told you, I don’t care. I just don’t have time for –” Belle leaped back in surprise as she felt Matilda’s hand crash against her cheek. She looked in shock at Matilda. “What the – ”

“Shut up,” Matilda said. “You cow.”

“You’re insane,” Belle cried.

“I said shut up,” Matilda said, more forcefully. Belle scoffed. “Stay away from my best friend. And stay away from my brother.” Belle looked at Matilda in a horrified silence as she walked away. Belle shook her head, her hand still clutching her red cheek.

Hunter House

“What are you going to do?” Henry asked. “Hit me? Prove that you’re a man. It’s obviously what Belle didn’t think you were enough of.” Ric stepped forward, his fists remained clenched.

“Don’t say her name,” Ric threatened.

“I’ve said it plenty of times before,” Henry said, his eyebrows raised. “Particularly the other day when she was on my bed.” Ric charged forward and grabbed Henry by the collar, but Henry shook him off.

“Don’t start me,” Ric said. He shoved Henry hard in the chest and Henry was about to charge forward again when he heard Matilda cry out from the doorway.

“Stop it!” She said. “Just, stop it.”

“Matilda, do you know what he’s done?” Ric asked.

“Yes,” Matilda said. “Just leave please Ric before you do something you regret.” Ric remained still before he slowly turned around. Henry laughed.

“That’ll be right,” Henry said. “No wonder why Belle left you, all you do is tend to my sister.” Ric turned around and took a swing at Henry but he ducked just in time. He pulled Ric in a headlock and Ric managed to hit Henry hard in the stomach. Henry let out a moan before taking a swing himself.

“Stop it!” Matilda cried, rushing towards them, frantic. “Just break it up, please. Henry, Ric! Ah!” Matilda cried in pain, as she grasped her stomach. She yelled out as both Henry and Ric broke apart to see her fall to the ground, still clutching her abdomen.

“Matilda!” Henry said, rushing forward. “Are you okay?” Ric rushed to the other side.

“What’s the matter?” Ric asked, reaching for her.

“Don’t touch her,” Henry warned. “Don’t you think you’ve done enough?”

“I think you’re the one who has caused enough problems here mate,” Ric said.

Matilda felt the room become dizzy as she could not tell who was saying what anymore. The pain in her stomach grew as she became more stressed. She cried out.

“What the hell is going on?” She heard a voice cry angrily. She fell forward into a pair of arms, not sure whose.

“Matilda?” The voice cried. Her head continued to spin. “Can you hear me Mattie?”

“Lucas?” She whispered. The body had a sense of protection about it, a familiarity that somehow felt like Lucas. The room started to focus again. “Lucas?” She looked around and saw Henry on the phone and Ric in front of her holding the door open. Her head was still spinning.

“No,” the voice said. “It’s Jack.”

“Lucas,” she whimpered.

“Call Lucas Henry,” Jack said. “I’ll drive her myself. Come on Mattie.”

thanks guys!

its funny that this fic started out as a mattie/ric/luke one and the main focus or highlight is henry and belle :P this is a short update. hope you like it.

Part 19

Hospital

“Tilly!” Lucas cried as he saw Jack carrying Matilda in through the doors. The university was right next to the Hospital so he was there before they had arrived. He grabbed hold of her hand as soon as she was placed on a bed. “Can you hear me?” Matilda was in immense pain, she was clutching her stomach and his hand extremely hard.

“Luke,” she cried. “The baby.”

“It’s okay,” he said. “I’m here. Just hold my hand, don’t think about the pain.” She continued to sobbed, petrified about what was happening.

“Lucas I’m going to have to ask you to leave,” Rachel said. “I’m sorry, we need some space, please wait outside.”

“But,” Lucas started. Jack grabbed his arm though and led him outside. He looked back towards Matilda but he saw the door close in front of him.

“Where is she?” Beth exclaimed as she rushed through the doors, Tony by her side.

“She’s still with Rachel,” Jack explained.

“Have they said anything?” Tony asked. Jack shook his head.

“I don’t understand what happened,” Beth said, frantic.

“When I found her she was in some serious pain,” Jack explained. “I just drove her here.”

“Oh no,” Beth cried. Tony pulled her in for a hug. He saw Lucas sitting on one of the chairs, in his own world.

“His not talking to anyone,” Jack said, seeing his father’s gaze. Tony nodded.

Beth, Tony, Henry, Ric, and Jack all sat in silence. Lucas had just entered the room. None of them knew what to say. All of them were too scared to say what they thought. Tony put his arm around Beth as she leant on his shoulder. Jack sat forward; he was increasingly worried about Lucas and Matilda. Both Henry and Ric sat in silence, both in their own world. Rachel opened the door quietly and all of them looked up at her. She closed the door gently behind her and looked at them sadly. Beth closed her eyes and shook her head in understanding. Henry lowered his head into his hands. Jack reached over and patted him softly on the back. Ric sighed, he looked through the small window of Matilda’s room and could see how broken Lucas was.

The room was silent, Lucas held Matilda’s cold hand in his. She stared at the ceiling, her breathing was short. She was still in shock.

“Matilda,” Lucas said weakly. He could see the silent tears trickling down her cheeks. “Tilly,” he said, trying to stay strong for her. Her breathing shortened even further. “I love you,” he said. The tears flowed heavily down her cheeks. She gave a sob and could not stifle anything. “I’m still here for you.” Lucas saw Matilda’s shoulders start to shake, her face scrunched in pain. She closed her eyes and sobbed harder, her cries becoming louder. His eyes started to well up, he clutched her hand harder as he too broke down. He kissed her small hand and she could feel his tears on it. “I love you so much,” he cried. He closed his eyes, trying to block out the world, but all he could see was Matilda’s broken heart.

Thanks lynhay, and everyone else.

Sorry it's been a while.

here's part 20:

Part 20

Hospital

“Matilda will be fine,” Rachel said. Tony, Beth, Jack, Henry, and Ric were still gathered outside her room. Lucas was yet to come out.

“I don’t understand,” Tony said. “Neither Ric or Henry touched Matilda. She tried to stop them fighting but they said that neither struck a blow that could hurt her.” Rachel looked around at them.

“You’re right,” she explained. “She didn’t suffer a direct blow. She was overstressed and given the fact that she has had a termination before, her body could not cope. It caused her to have a miscarriage.”

“Wait,” Beth interjected. “What do you mean termination?” Rachel hesitated.

“It says in her medical history that Matilda underwent an abortion last year,” she said. “It was not classified as confidential and I assumed that you already knew.” Beth looked aghast at the revelation; she shook her head in disbelief.

“No,” she said, looking around. “She can’t have. It must be a mistake.” Rachel shook her head.

“I don’t understand why Matilda would have kept something like that from us,” Tony said. “She should have let us know.” The group stood in silence, Henry noticed that Ric looked away uncomfortably.

“One of us knew,” Henry said, quietly. Beth looked at him in confusion. He threw Ric an accusing look. “So that was the secret that she would not tell me.” Beth looked at Ric inquiringly.

“You knew?” Beth she asked, still not believing. She tried to digest this information. “Wait, you were the father?”

“No, no,” Ric said, quickly. “She told me. The baby was Luke’s. She made me promise not to tell anybody.”

“Why didn’t Lucas come to us?” Jack asked Tony.

“He didn’t even know,” Ric explained.

“What?” Tony exclaimed. He looked away, clearly angry.

“I can’t believe you would keep something like that away from us,” Beth said angrily.

“She made me promise Beth,” Ric said. Henry scoffed. “I respected what she wanted, it was her decision.”

“Right,” Henry retorted. “But do you think maybe her family might have wanted to help? So she wasn’t alone?”

“She wasn’t,” Ric said.

“You are not family though,” Henry shouted, angrily.

“Hey!” Rachel cried. “Look, I know you are all upset but this is a hospital. Besides, fighting is not going to make Matilda feel any better. What she needs is support right now.”

“Come on,” Tony said, putting his arm on Beth’s back. “Let’s go for a walk and get a coffee.” Beth agreed in silence, walking away from them. Henry continued to gaze angrily at Ric. He could feel fury shaking all over him.

“Henry,” Rachel warned. He nodded, walking away from Ric without a word.

“Are you okay?” Tony asked Beth as they waited by the coffee machine. She remained quiet.

“I cannot imagine what my baby girl is going though,” she said softly. Tony wrapped his arm around her, massaging her shoulder lightly.

“She’s tough,” Tony said. “It’ll be okay.” Beth nodded, trying to convince herself.

“Oh Tony,” Beth cried out. “It was our grandchild. What’s more? How could they go through with an abortion without coming to us? What kind of parents are we?”

“Hey,” Tony said, holding her tighter. “Don’t say that. They have their reasons, they’re big kids.”

“But they aren’t,” Beth said. “They’re hardly adults. How can they cope with this?” Tony pulled her into his arms, stroking her hair gently.

“How could Matilda keep being pregnant away from Lucas?” Jack asked Ric, breaking the silence.

“She ended up telling him after the operation,” he explained. Jack shook his head in disbelief.

“How could the pair of you keep that away from him,” Jack asked.

“Look Jack,” Ric said, firmly. “I know that it was a shock for you to hear but Mattie and Lucas moved past it. Hence, them being together. I did what I thought was right for her."

“What was right for her this morning?” Beth exclaimed. Ric looked up to see her standing over them. “How do you think what you and Henry did would have helped?”

“That’s not fair Beth,” Ric said.

“No,” Beth said. “What is not fair is that Matilda is in that room, heartbroken. It’s because both you and Henry could not let go of your egos long enough to think about how it would affect others.”

“I didn’t mean for this,” Ric said. “I was angry about Belle. I think you’re being a bit unfair, Beth. I’m worried about Mattie too.”

“Don’t think that this is harsh,” Beth gritted through her teeth. “I hope to god for your sake that Matilda and Lucas decide to ever speak to you again after the way you carried on.” Ric looked over Beth’s shoulder, causing her to turn around. “Lucas.” He looked warily at them, his eyes were red. He looked at Ric in hurt and anger, then at the rest of them in disappointment.

“Luke,” Tony said, stepping forward. “How’s Mattie?”

“She’s asleep,” Lucas replied. Without saying anything else, he walked out. All four of them stared at him in silence, worried expressions across their faces.

Beach

“Lucas!” Lucas kept walking despite Henry’s call. “Lucas, wait.” Lucas turned around to face Henry. “How’s Matilda?”

“How do you think,” Lucas asked. Henry looked away, hurt across his face. “If it weren’t for you and Ric, she wouldn’t be in there.” Henry looked up in surprise.

“What?” Henry asked, still not believing it. “We didn’t touch her Lucas. Neither of us knocked her.”

“No,” Lucas agreed. “Not physically. But you knocked her emotionally. She couldn’t handle the stress of the fight.”

“Yeah?” Henry asked, defences rising. “What about how you hurt her emotionally? What about the way she had to terminate her first pregnancy?”

“Don’t try to use that against me,” Lucas said, angrily. “You don’t know anything about that.”

“Well you don’t know anything about what happened today,” Henry said back.

“Then why do you look so guilty then?” Lucas asked. Henry remained quiet, before walking away from Lucas.

Hospital

Matilda opened her eyes slowly, for a couple of seconds she could not work out where she was. Then the realisation sunk in. She let out a panicked short breath, and looked up see Beth was sitting next to her. She must have been there before she woke up. Beth leant over to stroke her fringe softly, smiling gently at her. Matilda scrunched her face up, desperately trying not to break down but failed. She felt herself being hoisted into a firm hold as her mother’s arms wrapped around her.

“Oh Mum,” she cried. Her sobs increased as tears poured down her face.

“It’s okay darling,” Beth said firmly but gently. “It’s okay.” She ran her hands gently up and down her daughter’s back, trying to soothe her as she poured her heart out. “It’s okay.”

“No, it’s not,” Matilda cried. She let out more gasps and sobbed into Beth’s shoulders, clinging on to her for dear life.

Thanks for the reviews guys, glad you are liking it. Sorry it's been a while, here's the next bit!

Part 21

Hospital

“Can I have children again?” Matilda asked quietly as Rachel wrote notes about Matilda’s progress. Beth looked worriedly at Matilda. Rachel hesitated for a moment.

“Of course it isn’t impossible,” Rachel said. “But I’m afraid the risk is higher. After an abortion you have a higher risk of infertility however, that varies from case to case. Because you have suffered a miscarriage, I’m afraid you would need to be more careful in future to prevent another miscarriage.” Matilda looked down.

“It’s alright Sweetie,” Tony said to her comfortingly.

“You’ll be able to go home tomorrow Matilda,” Rachel said. “As long as you take it easy.”

“Thanks Rachel,” Beth said as Rachel walked towards the door.

Wharf

Henry sat quietly on the wharf, his legs hanging over the ledge. He heard footsteps behind him and he turned to see Lucas approaching him. He looked away quickly.

“Matilda comes here a lot,” Lucas told Henry. “It’s almost like our spot actually.” When Henry didn’t say anything, Lucas finally spoke. “I’m sorry about blaming you.”

“It’s okay,” Henry said. “You have every right to.”

“No,” Lucas said. “I don’t. It wasn’t your fault. Matilda is your sister, I doubt you would ever want to hurt her.”

“I’m sorry you lost the baby,” Henry said. Lucas looked away. Then down on at his knees, he closed his eyes and listened to the ripples of water underneath him. Henry reached over and patted him on the back.

Hospital

“Maybe you should go home,” Jack said. “You’ve been here since Matilda was brought in.” Ric looked down at his hands. He shook his head.

“I shouldn’t have been fighting with Henry,” Ric said, sadly.

“You didn’t know this would happen,” Jack said sympathetically.

“Beth was right,” Ric said. “I do hope she decides to talk to me again.”

“Come on mate,” Jack said. “I’m sure she understands the last thing you wanted was to hurt her.” Ric shook his head and stood up.

“Thanks Jack,” he said. “I might go home.”

Wharf

“I don’t blame you for what happened,” Lucas said. “I told you before, but you are still feeling guilty aren’t you? You didn’t mean for it to happen.”

“But it did,” Henry replied.

“It hurts so much, I won’t lie,” Lucas said. “It’ll be easy to blame it on you but at the end of the day it’s not your fault. And that’s what I honestly believe.” Henry looked at Lucas.

“Is that how Matilda feels?” Henry asked. Lucas looked at him blankly. Henry sighed and looked down again.

Beach

“Ric,” Belle said, sitting down next to him.

“Go away,” Ric said flatly.

“Look Ric,” she said. “I know you hate me right now, but I know what you need support. I can see it. I’m not going to leave you alone. Do you want to talk about it?”

“Why did you go to Henry?” Ric asked.

“Ric,” Belle said, looking down. “Maybe this isn’t the best time to talk about –”

“Just answer me,” Ric cut her off. Belle sighed.

“You were so caught up with Matilda,” Belle said. “I felt you didn’t have that…passion for us, for me. The same one I had for you. I don’t know. You were always putting me behind her, and, I guess, I just wanted some self-assurance.”

“Why don’t you go to him now?” He asked, spitefully. Belle sighed.

“Because I still do care about you,” she said. After a moment she asked, “How’s Mattie holding up?”

“She could be better,” Ric said, dryly and looking away.

“Are you okay?” She asked.

“No,” he said, honestly. “She probably hates me.”

“She doesn’t,” Belle said. “But if she does, you can’t blame her. She wants something to be angry at, anything at all. As long as it can take some sadness away, it’ll do.” Belle reached out and put her arms around Ric’s back. He remained still for a moment before snapping and pushing her away slightly, the betrayal had not gone yet.

“Don’t,” he said.

“Ric,” Belle said. “I’m sorry I hurt you. I’m just trying to help.”

“No,” Ric said. “You didn’t help! You were the reason why we were fighting. You cheated on me. You slept with Henry Hunter. How could you do that to me? Do you know how hurt I was? How humiliated?”

“Humiliated?” Belle cried, her defences rising. “What, do you think I did it for fun? Do you think I would not have rather you be completely committed to me? Instead of running off to Matilda every chance you got?”

“She’s my best friend!”

“And I was your girlfriend!” Belle said, heatedly. They both stopped in anger, breathing heavily. Belle finally said, “But you wish she was instead.”

“We’ve been through this,” Ric said angrily.

“Say what you like Ric,” Belle said. “But you are too scared to admit it. You’re in love with her.”

“Just go Belle,” Ric said.

“Okay,” she replied, getting up and walking away.

Hospital

“Do you think it’s karma?” Matilda asked softly. Lucas lifted his head off her stomach and looked at her.

“What do you mean?” He asked.

“Well,” Matilda said. “Maybe its life’s way of saying I shouldn’t have had the termination.”

“Matilda, don’t,” Lucas said. “You did the right thing last time. You have every right to decide what happens to your body. You still do. What happened, what, what it meant, has nothing to do with the choice you made last year. What happened was horrible but, it’s not your fault. There is no karma.” He tried to smile reassuring to Matilda but he could see she still blamed herself. He reached out and stroked her hair gently. Leaning forward he kissed her on the forehead. “Hey, do you think it’s time you spoke to Henry and Ric?” Her body tensed up.

“No,” she said flatly. “I don’t want to.”

“It’s okay,” Lucas said. “I’m not going to pressure you.” He sighed and rested his hair against her stomach again, still sitting in a chair next to her bed.

Wharf

Henry still sat on the edge of the pier. He could not bring himself to going home, to facing everybody. Especially Matilda. He heard another pair of soft footsteps approaching him.

“Are you okay?” Belle asked him lightly. He shook his head. She sat down next to him. “You and Ric should stop blaming yourselves.”

“What? You gone back to pretty boy now? Mr Tough,” Henry spat.

“Come off it Henry,” Belle said. “I’m not back with him. This isn’t really the time to be tripping up over trivial things like relationships anyway, is it?” Henry didn’t say anything. Belle sighed, studying Henry closely. He looked down, he hung his head. “It’s not your fault.” He smiled weakly at her, not believing her words however much he wanted to. She wrapped her arm around his shoulders and brought him closer to her, his head resting on her shoulder. He felt her soft breathing. It was a strange sensation for them both, the most physical contact that they have developed not driven by lust or desire. By simple sadness.

Archived