Guest Nim

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How to make this avatar:

noahtut6.png

Crop this picture to get this:

noahtut.jpg

Smooth Beau's skin using the smudge tool at 8% with a 3px soft, round, default brush to get this:

noahtut2.png

Got to Image >>> Adjustments >>> Variations

Click Lighter, More Blue, More Blue to get this:

noahtut3.png

Go to Layer >>> Flatten Image to merge your layers

Duplicate this and drag to the top of the Layers pallett.

Go to Image >>> Adjustments >>> Threshold

Choose Threshold Level 100 and set to Soft Light, 42% to get this:

noahtut4.png

Go to Layer >>> New Adjustment Layer >>> Selective Colour.

Click OK, then select Blacks from the drop down menu and then add +25 black to get this:

noahtut5.png

Make a new layer and drag to the top of the Layers pallett

Fill with #709CB0, a murky green colour.

Set to Pin Light, 100% to get your end product:

noahtut6.png

This is a tutorial for blending in Adobe Photoshop 7.0. The features I mention are most likely to be included in other versions of Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro, just in different places.

Please do not take this tutorial for your site or another forum, because evry screen print etc was taken by me. icon1.gif

1. You will need two or more pics for your blend, I used these three.

normal_56531961.jpg

normal_AshleyTisdale005.jpg

normal_AshleyTisdale010.jpg

2. Use the rectangular marquee tool to select the part of the pic you want to blend with the other.

tut1.png

Like this:

tut2.png

3. Then, use the move tool to drag the selected area onto the other pic, where you want them to blend together.

tut3.png

Like this:

tut4.png

4. Do this for the other pic, if you have one and you should have something that looks like this:

tut5.png

5. Then add your brushes, textures etc and you're done!

This is my finished product!

ashleyblend31gt.png

Sorry that the 2nd before last pic came out small, its just Photobucket being annoying :P

Just wondering was this helpful?

After looking at everyone else's tutorials, I thought I might actually do one that is useful. Which is why i'm going to show how to blend on Photoshop. I know Emily has shown her way on how to do it, but I found I couldn't do it her way (don't know why) so I just though I'd post this. This is harder to do than her's.

Ok. I used Photoshop 7 for this, but no doubt, it will work in any other verison/ Photoshop Elements.

You need:

2 + pictures, both the same size, and both similar. I'm using two, these two:

Picture 1

Picture 2

1. Select and copy ONE of those pictures. Go to Photoshop and press Ctrl + N. This makes a new canvas. Notice the canvas size is the same size as the picture you've copied? Well we want both pictures to be able to fit into the canvas, so I got the width size, for example: 200 px, and times it by 2, and then changed the 200 px to 400 px (e.g. 300 changes to 600, 400 to 800)...ok, this is not a Math's lesson! Leave the Length size ALONE!

2. Copy both pictures onto the canvas, overlap them. There should be some bit of the canvas left over.

Mine now:

ashtut1.jpg

DON'T merge anything!

3. Select your cutting tool. The top layer (the picture your pasted on the canvas last) is what we'll be cutting from. This is the crop tool:

ashtut2.jpg

At the top is a toolbar. There is something called 'Feather'. Make sure its set to 2 OR 3 pixels. I use 3.

4. Start cutting around the picture. At times you might need to select the move tool and move the picture you're cutting from other so you don't get random white bits from the canvas popping up where it should be blended. This is hard to explain but bear with me. If your's comes out wrong, tell me and i'll see what you're doing wrong. Anyway...

I continued cutting around the picture. I had to move it in several times.

5. I finished my blending. I didn't think I did such a good job with it, but as said, bear with me.

What my product now looks like:

ashtut3.jpg

Those pictures were tagged, and because I moved the picture over a lot, there was some canvas on the right left over. I cropped them off.

My blend now:

ashtut4.jpg

I sorta rushed mine so it's not the best (and my pictures weren't HQ). And you're done! Add brushes, textures e.t.c.

My result:

ashtut5.jpg

I didn't add text or anything (honestly, because I couldn't be bothered :\). Not too good, as the pictures weren't HQ but I hope this helps.

ETA: I noticed that between the two Ashley pictures, there are some parts which weren't cut...SORRY!! As I said, I rushed this...your's will probably be better.

Archived