Tutorials and Icon help

Guest Nim

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have one last suggestion if you want to try it out. :) I've only had a problem once and it was because the url of my avatar was too long. Why don't you try uploading your avatar on Tinypic? They will give you a short url. And if that's not working, then I have no idea what to do.

Hey darl

Thank you for your help it work, thanks so much darl once again,

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, I just realised that I don't have a Selective Color Layer and you all write in your tutorials something like: add a new selective color layer...

Does anyone have an idea what I could use instead?? Or am I just too blind to find it?

I use GIMP.....

There is a field saying Adjust Selected Color but I can only enter into 3 fields and you all write for example: Reds: -100//0//50//-30 so I can only choose to leave one out.

Also that some of you write Black: ...... in my GIMP field there isn't a black...

Help!!!

• 7 months later...

Thanks so much but I'd just like to know what you guys mean when you write Red: -100//0//50//-30 for example. There are three fields to enter but there are four values.

So is the selective colour layer just what it says there in the text because I do know how to do that I just never thought the selective colour layer would be that. So thanks.

Thanks so much but I'd just like to know what you guys mean when you write Red: -100//0//50//-30 for example. There are three fields to enter but there are four values.

So is the selective colour layer just what it says there in the text because I do know how to do that I just never thought the selective colour layer would be that. So thanks.

It has nothing to do with the selective colorization link from a previous post. From what I've read in tutorials on Livejournal, it looks like 'selective color' is something you have on Photoshop only, you don't have it on other progammes. They usually put a warning saying it is not translatable so you can't do that step if you're not using Photoshop.

Example #1: 25juiom.jpg

In the example above, you can see the word 'Reds'. In this case, if I play around with the settings, I can change the 'red colours' of the image. The other colours you can change are yellows, greens, cyans, blues, magentas, whites, neutrals and blacks.

Example #2: 2icac5t.jpg

The image on the left is the original image. The image on the right is the result I got when I played around with the settings for the 'Reds'. You can either type the numbers or move the little 'arrows' until you get a result you like. You can change all the colours or just a few of them, depending on the image and your preferences. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived