Tutorials and Icon help

Guest Nim

MissOlivia requested a tutorial for the colouring on these icons:

haa_charlie33-1-1.pnghaa_charlie33-2-1.png

Unfortunately I didn't have the .psd, but I've tried recreating it the best I could. It's not a 100 % perfect replica, but it's fairly similar I think :P

Two of the layers are originally from another coloring tutorial, but I'm unsure if I have made them myself, or if someone came up with them. All the other layers and everything else I definitely did though :P

CharlieBlushTingle.png

I'd love to see results :D

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I simply means where the points that make the curve should be placed. If you move the arrow over the diagram thing for the curves, different numbers appear in output and input. Just click somewhere and change the values in the input/output boxes, and voila, you have a point. To make a second point, just click somewhere else and insert new values. If that was too badly explained, I can make a screencap and try to explain better when I have time after I get back from work.

Icon Tutorial

We are creating this icon

guests.jpg

I tried your tut, and this is what I got, which I love

adelleinlove.pngadelleinlove1.png

MissOlivia requested a tutorial for the colouring on these icons:

haa_charlie33-1-1.pnghaa_charlie33-2-1.png

I'd love to see results :D

and I also tried yours after you told me about the points, and I've fallen in love Eli

loveyou.pngthekiss.png

thanks guys, do you like?

Zetti wanted a tutorial for this avatar: k8.png

Step 1

Take your cap and crop it as you want

k1.png

Step 2

Duplicate your base and set it to screen. Set the opacity to 50 %

k2.png

Step 3

Make a new adjustment layer, selective color (layer>new adjustment layer>selective color). Use these settings:

Reds: -46 | 0 | +18 | 0

Yellows: -6 | 0 | |-23 | 0

Neutrals: +36 | +9 | -29 | 0 |

k3.png

Step 4

Duplicate the selective color layer and put the duplicated layer to opacity 23 % If you increase the opacity your avatar will be more bluish

k4.png

Step 5

Make a new fill layer (layer>new fill layer>solid color) and fill it with the color # 97bbff

Put this layer on Color Burn with an opacity of 30%

k5.png

Step 6

Make a new color balance layer (layer>new adjustment layer>color balance) Use these settings:

Midtones: -2 | +6 | -36

Shadows: +6 | -19 | -69

Highlights: +5 | -3 | -6

k6.png

Step 7

Make a new color balance layer (layer>new adjustment layer>color balance) Use these settings:

Midtones: 0 | 0 | +17

Shadows: 0 | 0 | 0

Highlights: 0 | 0 | 0

k7.png

Step 8

Make a new Brightness/Contrast layer (layer>new adjustment layer>color balance) Use these settings:

B: 0

C: +27

k8.png

And you're done!

Other results:

kane13.pngkane22.pngok23.pngkirsty5.pngmelody2.pngkirsty38-1.png

Thank you Eli!

The cap I used was a lot lighter than the ones you used, so it came out different, but I love it! I do hate just copying Tutorials exactly cos I feel like I cheated the maker out of something awesome even if I do credit XD I got these:

multiply.jpgsame.jpg

And when I make more, I'll make sure to credit in the thread :D

I have seen after making the tutorial that it was a bit too bright (it could have something to do with the caps as well) and colorful, so you might want to make the solid color layer 50 % or 60 %, and brighten the image more before starting the other steps if you want it closer to the original result.

Anyway, glad you like it, no need to credit me fanatically though, I won't come after you if you don't :P

Archived