Tutorials and Icon help

Guest Nim

I decided to post a tutorial, I hope you like it.

From

2aj95r8.png

To

2hq3zau.png

Step 1

First of all take your base and crop it like you want it. I took one of my own caps of ER.

2aj95r8.png

Step 2

We want it to be a lot brighter and have better contrast, so we make a Curves layer (layer>new adjustment layer>curves).

I used these settings:

Point 1:

Output: 185

Input: 80

Point 2:

Output: 211

Input: 121

33z2nwl.png

Step 3

Time to give it some coloring, it looks pretty lame right now. I made a selective color layer (layer>new adjustment layer>selective color).

I used these settings:

Reds: -100 | 0 | +100 | 0

Yellows: 0 | 0 | -100 | 0

Cyans: +100 | 0 | -100 | 0

Neutrals: +15 | 0 | 0 | 0

2e4xe09.png

Step 4

To give it a more dull and nicer effect, I made a color fill layer (layer>new fill layer>solid color).

I used the color #301f02 and put the fill layer on the blending mode Exclusion with an opactiy of 100%.

2i941sp.png

Step 5

The last step I promise. I just wanted the colors to show a bit more so I made a hue/saturation layer (layer>new adjustment layer>hue/saturation).

I used these settings:

Saturation: +10

And you are done. Here are some more examples that are made with the same coloring.

1x01_12.png1x01_17.png1x01_27.png1x01_39.png

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^ Click on image>resize image make the height 200px

Make a new image that's 120x120px file>new

Now go to your cap again, the one you resized to 200 px in height. Hit ctrl+a to select it all. Hit ctrl+c to copy it. Then go to your new document that's 120x120px and then hit ctrl+v. Then move around it so you get what you want.

Simple as that :D

Archived