Apple Mac

Guest MarMar

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a question. It's not really about mac, but Firefox, and I figured I'd ask here as Firefox was originally intended for mac (it was right?)

I use firefox, but I have Windown XP, and it keeps closing all the time. It's not like it closes completely, it just minimizes itself (is that even a word?) and sometimes the icon even disappears on the launchbar.

It's easy to get it back, you just have to click the icon/program tab at the bar again, or "find it" by minimizing all other window until it pops back up.

I mean, it's not like it's a big problem because everything is there when I find it, and nothing has changed, but it's so annoying, because it does it all the time. I have to click almost every link twice or more, and typing in an url can take minutes because it keeps disappearing.

I know I don't have much RAM, so I shouldn't be using iTunes because it takes a lot of RAM on Windows XP, but could this be the reason why friefox keeps messing around too?

I have tried downloading it again and restaring, and deleting, pretty much everything, but nothing works!

I doubt that I did that... It sounds like something I would do though... But it wouldn't work at all if it was the Mac version, would it?

I want to switch, but infortunately my bank accounts read 50 kr (less than 5 pounds) altogether at the moment...

It could just be a glitch in the Firefox. Wait till the update comes out, then see if that works. :)

I have automatic updating, and it has been updating several times since the problem started, so I guess I'll just have to hope that it will help getting more RAM :(

Archived