Emmerdale to begin on Foxtel

Guest Andy

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds33714.html

If I could pick any storyline to choose from, I would have maybe started it around the time of the Plane Crash - that was one of the main turning points in the shows history (what with changing the name and everything) so it would have been a good place for new viewers to pick up from.

Plus there was some great storylines throughout the nineties/early noughties - the whole Kim & Frank storyline with her returning from the dead and killing him with the shock, Vic being killed in the post office, Andy accidentally killing Sarah, the Bus Crash with Butch & Emily's wedding, Tricia's death in the storm, Louise and Ashley's car crash....

I used to watch it, but haven't watched it regularly for a few years, I occasionally tune in if something big is happening (i.e. Zoe blowing up Home Farm to a soundtrack by Muse).

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds33714.html

If I could pick any storyline to choose from, I would have maybe started it around the time of the Plane Crash - that was one of the main turning points in the shows history (what with changing the name and everything) so it would have been a good place for new viewers to pick up from.

Plus there was some great storylines throughout the nineties/early noughties - the whole Kim & Frank storyline with her returning from the dead and killing him with the shock, Vic being killed in the post office, Andy accidentally killing Sarah, the Bus Crash with Butch & Emily's wedding, Tricia's death in the storm, Louise and Ashley's car crash....

I used to watch it, but haven't watched it regularly for a few years, I occasionally tune in if something big is happening (i.e. Zoe blowing up Home Farm to a soundtrack by Muse).

Agreed. It was the plane crash that started me watching Emmerdale, and I found myself hooked by the storylines that followed. I haven't watched it recently, so I can't say if it's better or worse than back then - but I did lose interest in it in the early 00s.

MX Goss & glam

Sydney MX

23 June 2006

----- A Brit tough for Symons -----

Playing ditzy blonde Marilyn on Home and Away was easy for Emily Symons (above).

But the constant rejection she encountered after moving to London more than seven years ago wasn't.

"I wasn't aware how difficult it would be," she said.

"Just the sheer volume of actors, and they are very proactive in how they get work, whereas here you just let your agent do all the work."

Symons, 36, has been home promoting the UK series Emmerdale, which premieres in Australia on Foxtel next month.

From a marketing perspective, the most logical place to start would've been late 2002, when Louise (and therefore Emily Symons) was right in the thick of the drama, with her stalker-storyline. She's a criminally under-used character in Emmerdale, and hasn't had a main storyline since then!

Archived