Summer Bay Earthquake 2006

Guest Ross

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will update this post with Part 5 soon :)

EDIT: Part 5

A silver car came hurtling up the road at great speed. It dashed round the corner and eventually came to a halt outside of the location of Leah and Dan Baker's house. A panic stricken Peter Baker jumped out of the car and raced towards the rubble, tears streaming down his face.

"Dan! Dan where are you? Leah!"

He flung his hands into the mess and started digging hopelessly, clearly with no idea of where would be the best place to start.

"Dan! Leah!"

The roughness of the rocks had caused Peter's hands to bleed quite badly, but he carried on, seemingly unaware of the pain in his desperation to find his family. As he did, a group of rescue officers arrived, dragging him away from the ruins, asking him to calm down.

"Mate, you need to calm down and tell us, how many are in there?"

"Dan and Leah. Oh my god, and the boys, the boys might be there as well!"

"How many boys?"

"Two, Ryan and VJ, they're 7 and 3".

Suddenly, as he gasped for breath in his panic-stricken state, a gleaming item caught his attention. He raced over the rubble and to his relief, located a bracelet which was firmly on the wrist of Leah Patterson-Baker.

"Leah! She's over here!". Peter stepped aside as the rescuers began systematically removing the rubble, and dragging Leah from the wreckage.

"She's not breathing!". The officer gave her mouth to mouth, and after starting compressions, eventually managed to get Leah breathing again. "She's got a pulse, but it's weak! We need to get her to the hospital now! Mate, I think you should go with her."

"No, I need to help, my brother and nephews are still in there".

"We can't let you do anything" replied the officer, "you will be far more use with Leah".

*At the hospital*

Peter was sitting by Leah's bed side as she lay still and motionless. Peter was suddenly remebering the times when Leah did this while he was in the coma 2 years previously, and tears streamed down his face at the thought of his kind and caring sister-in-law never waking up. As this morbid thought crossed his mind, Leah stirred and slowly opened her eyes.

"She's awake!" Peter shouted randomly into the corridor, "somebody help!".

Nurses flooded the room and surrounded Leah, and though she had very little energy, she managed to mutter the words "the baby - I'm pregnant, please, how's the baby?". Nurse Julie rushed off to organise an ultrasound whilst Peter stayed with Leah, assuring her that Dan and the baby would both be fine. As he did so, the doors outside flung open as Stella Patterson entered with VJ (having called Leah with no success and seeing the destroyed house, the rescuers had directed her to the hospital) and Peter was relieved to know that VJ was ok. He was still so worried about his brother and nephew though - would they be ok??

Find out in Part 6 :) Will post it soon :)

Archived