If You Believe

Guest ~Natasha~

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forget the 'fluffiness' because that was a BIG lie. :wink: Very short part. xxx

If You Believe

"Jack!" Martha cried as he walked out of the door in a very upset and angry mood. Martha broke down in the corner of the room; she felt she only had herself to blame for all of this. What if she had lost him? The love of her life for one stupid mistake.

---------------------

The next time she saw Jack was at the funeral; he had been staying with his Dad, Beth and all the kids that still lived there for the last few weeks.

Martha didn't talk to Jack, they exchanged a few awkward looks but she was too busy comforting Tasha who just broke down before she got anywhere near the church; she refused to bury her baby girl but she had to.

Jack just stood with everyone else, just one in a crowd.

After the service when everyone had gone home, except Tasha and Robbie who stood by their daughter 'Sky's' graveside, Jack walked over to talk to Martha. She walked away from the grieving couple and followed him.

"I'm sorry" He told her. "I shouldn't have reacted the way I did, I can see why you didn't tell me"

"No Jack, you shouldn't be sorry" Martha replied. "I should have told you, I suppose I was just in denial as I do really want children" Martha had already been reduced to tears by the funeral but now she was crying even more. Jack hugged her really tightly.

"I'll come home" Jack says, still hugging Martha. "I love you"

"I love you too Jack" She held his hand and walked off home together, where they belonged.

• 4 weeks later...

If You Believe

"Martha, where did you hang my uniform?" Jack asks his fiancé as he looks in all the wardrobe doors.

"I think you should go to work like that" Martha winks at a topless Jack. "You might catch more criminals"

"Will I really?" Jack replies in a high pitched voice.

"Its hung behind the door" Martha giggles as Jack has trouble getting it off the hanger.

"You’re terrible" She laughs. "Give it here"

--------------------

"Earth to Martha" Jack said as he brought the drinks over to her from the bar. "So what you thinking about?" He asks her whilst sitting down opposite her.

"Er..."

"You not drinking that?" He asks Martha. "You look very pale; do you want to go home?" Just at that moment Martha ran off, into the toilets behind the bar.

"She okay?" Robbie asked Jack from the table beside them. Tasha followed Martha a minute later.

"I'm not sure" Jack replies.

----------

"Martha!" Tasha shouts from outside. "You okay?" Martha came out, looking terribly tired and ill.

"Tash, I feel so ill"

"I see that"

"Oh no" Martha freezes on the spot after putting her hand over her mouth. "Tash, what if I'm pregnant?"

"That would be great" Tasha smiles then looks at Martha. "Wouldn't it?"

"But I can't be though, what else would it be?"

"Why can't you be pregnant?" Tasha asks her confused.

"Because I can't be, it’s impossible"

"I'll get you a pregnancy test, and then you'll be sure"

"But what if I'm not, what if it’s something worse?" Martha has tears in her eyes, Tasha hugs her and reassures her that everything will be okay.

Archived