DVD of Home and Away with all the episodes on it

Guest -Chris-

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They most definitely would still own the tapes – It’s one of Australia's longest running shows, they wouldn’t be careless enough to just get rid of them.

That's no guarantee. When Channel 10 were in real strife more than a few years ago, they actually recorded over old stuff, because they couldn't get new tapes.

They most definitely would still own the tapes – It’s one of Australia's longest running shows, they wouldn’t be careless enough to just get rid of them.

That's no guarantee. When Channel 10 were in real strife more than a few years ago, they actually recorded over old stuff, because they couldn't get new tapes.

HAHA! please tell me it wasn't "It's a knockout!" :o

In the UK there was a show (I can't remember which one but I think it might have been Doctor Who - some of the very old ones), and the BBC destroyed all the tapes because they didn't think there would ever be a revival. Ha! Now there is like a really big money reward for anyone who has copies of the lost episodes on tape to give to the beeb.

Juding by the DVD's and flashbacks used (at the very least) the majority of episodes have been kept by Seven.

What I suggested in a previous "I want a DVD of the Stalker Episodes I watched last month" thread, was that the 5000th episode could fall as the season finale in 2009 and they produce a DVD with 49 landmark episode with a "specials" disc.

It's on the run up to Christmas, I think it could sell.

Archived