Nagging reminder of Kip

Guest Andy

Nagging reminder of Kip

Daily Telegraph

10 June 2006

HE traded home for away, but former Summer Bay star Kip Gamblin's debut on BBC medical drama Casualty will serve up a sense of deja vu for fans.

Six months after he moved his family to London, the Aussie makes his first appearance on the Pommy small screen tonight as hunky paramedic Greg.

In his first scene Gamblin's character has to calm down a startled horse -- the same way the actor made his entrance as Scott Hunter in Home and Away in 2003.

Oh I can't wait to hear him whinge about this.

"They make me do the same things over and over again! It's so unimaginitive. When will I find somethign worthy of my talents? At least when I was working with my friend Nicole Kidman there was some variety."

I for one think it's a good idea. By repeating early storylines, the producers aren't stretching Kip's limited talents. Surely he'll do it better this time. *snigger*

Well, as Jay Preston said above, that'll be more stuff for him to moan about in future episodes. But to me he'll always be Scott, no matter what he does, so I guess it doesn't make much difference :P

Archived