Kip In Casualty

Guest Frankie

Didn't Tammin Sursok give an interview that was similar? She was slating 'Home and Away' all the way through!

I agree, although it is nice to hear him being honest, Kip does sound like a bit of a prat in this article! :P

I think it's good that he's made it successful in the UK. That's quite a gamble moving half-way across the world if you're not sure what you're going to do when you get there.

He's great in Casualty and I hope he stays in there longer than some of the characters do, i.e. longer than a year.

I think there's a difference between refreshing honesty and a total lack of class. I'm sure you can tell which I think Kip Gamblin falls under.

Tammin Sursok gave a somewhat similar interview, but her gripe was more justified - her character was ruined to make KbloodyK more viable and that probably was reflected to her everytime someone in the street spoke to her.

Kip's character wasn't ruined. Kip just could never be bothered to make Scott interesting or unique and it showed.

I guess that's true. I didn't know he bagged H&A that much. Oh well, H&A didn't lose any fan on his departure so it doesn't really matter. I think as far as Australians celebs go, Kylie and Delta are the only ones I've heard/read who wanted to go back to the show that made them famous for a cameo or something. The others in general prefer to forget that they even made a single appearance on a soap/show.

I think it's a shame when they think they're too big for the show that made them in the first place. Kylie has always said that she might go back to Neighbours one day, she's not snobby about it, and she's a much bigger star than Kip will ever be. Ok, so it's not the Royal Shakespeare Company, but at the end of the day there's nothing wrong with soap.

I don't necessarily mind actors who have a genuine criticism, like Tammin with the rape storyline, but when they repeatedly go on about it they begin to seem ungrateful and arrogant. I think Kip belongs in that category.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's a shame when they think they're too big for the show that made them in the first place. Kylie has always said that she might go back to Neighbours one day, she's not snobby about it, and she's a much bigger star than Kip will ever be. Ok, so it's not the Royal Shakespeare Company, but at the end of the day there's nothing wrong with soap.

I think Kylie would go back in the final episode (if the show ever hurries up and ends).

But I remember a time Kylie fobbed the show off no end - I've seen an interview about two years ago where she says she finally came full-circle in her mind and was open to embrase her past, but for years before she did what she could to ge away from it. It’s nice to know she may appear in the show again…

I think its just a short term thing with our Aussie soap actors – for a few years after leaving they want nothing to do with the show (understandable in some respects) – but once the work dries up or they become more mature within themselves personally and as an actor – they become more open about how they really feel/felt about working on the show in a more positive way.

I can see that it might get frustrating when you're trying to do other things and make a name for yourself as a serious actor/singer etc and people keep referring to you as 'that guy/girl from Home and Away'. But I still don't think they should continuously slate the show or be ashamed of where they started out.

Archived