Fanfiction Challenge

Guest sevenpuddings

Giving it a setting does give make it a challenge, but maybe I could bring a little ambiguity to the setting to leave it more openended for those who are more inclined to go with the flow.

We have word limit down, and the two kinds of stories you can write (one parter and up to four parter)

It's got to be PG rated. I think thats pretty necessary.

I'm thinking about giving a setting... and word promts. I'm so in love with Summer that I want it to be set at the beginning of summer...

I'm rambling... I'm stuck for a setting... how about this.

'Don't you remember the night out?'

'Oh, THAT night out. Yeah, I remember.'

Must include: Whatever reminds you of summer the most.

Is that too summer orientated? Tell me please if you hate that.

I'm sorry but, What!? lol

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like the one word prompt idea - a lot less restrictive but still with some kind of direction! I think that's great! And to be honest I think that there will be a challenge because it's a competition which means you will have to write the best you can!

I really like the one word prompt idea - a lot less restrictive but still with some kind of direction! I think that's great! And to be honest I think that there will be a challenge because it's a competition which means you will have to write the best you can!

Ahh, you see I'm not too keen on the idea, because they'll be just like normal fics.

But it won't be a "challenge". What differs from the fic you write for the competition, and the fic you just write for the hell of it? Apart from the fact you're going to use one to compete.

I like the idea where sevenpuddings is going with the whole summer setting, etc. I just need it clearing up a tad.. :P

Ahh, you see I'm not too keen on the idea, because they'll be just like normal fics.

But it won't be a "challenge". What differs from the fic you write for the competition, and the fic you just write for the hell of it? Apart from the fact you're going to use one to compete.

I like the idea where sevenpuddings is going with the whole summer setting, etc. I just need it clearing up a tad.. :P

:D Yes but the challenge is to think of a great plot and write well in order to get the votes! I also think that all the fics would be too similar if they had to go by the same prompt. (but as i said before the one word prompts are a great idea in my opinion! :D )

Let's clarify, because my last post was all random like.

Fan Fiction Challenge #1: Summer Obsession

Setting: Summer Bay, at the beginning of Summer. Any or all characters can be involved, there is not a time setting.

Prompt for your story:

"Don't you remember the night?"

"Oh, THAT night... yeah, I remember"

Must include: Somewhere in the story, a character must express you're own favourite thing about summer.

Word Limit:

One shot max = 3000 words.

Up to a four parter max = 5000 words.

Stories sent to bttb_ffchallenge@hotmail.com

Submissions must be sent by the 12th of July.

Does that make sense now? I hope so *prays that it makes sense*

Also, one word prompts can be added, if we feel the stories need to be more individualised. Idea's for one word promts are welcome, but I'd prefer them to be Summer related... how unususal for me, LoL

:D Yes but the challenge is to think of a great plot and write well in order to get the votes! I also think that all the fics would be too similar if they had to go by the same prompt. (but as i said before the one word prompts are a great idea in my opinion! :D )

(You do realise we've got into one of those things where neither of us will back down - right? God, it's like the Lemar scenerio all over again!! Lol)

No, there's ALWAYS a slight challenge when writing a fic, you want to think of a great plot, and write well in order to get comments and readers! But if we had a restriction, it'd show just how creative and great writer you are.

You say that they'd be similar, that depends on the writer too. Try and think of something different, then your story will stand out. It's all a challenge, not just a normal fic! I really like the idea of having a restriction or something, I don't see the point in a "Fan Fic Challenge/Competition" for there not to be.

Let's clarify, because my last post was all random like.

Fan Fiction Challenge #1: Summer Obsession

Setting: Summer Bay, at the beginning of Summer. Any or all characters can be involved, there is not a time setting.

Prompt for your story:

Must include: Somewhere in the story, a character must express you're own favourite thing about summer.

Word Limit:

One shot max = 1000 words.

Up to a four parter max = 4000 words.

Stories PM'ed to me (sevenpuddings) as I'm not taking part, mainly because I feel I write enough about Summer, LoL.

Does that make sense now? I hope so *prays that it makes sense*

Also, one word prompts can be added, if we feel the stories need to be more individualised. Idea's for one word promts are welcome, but I'd prefer them to be Summer related... how unususal for me, LoL

Well, if someone like me can understand it, then it makes sense!! Lol.

Do they have to be at the start of the fic, or at anytime in the fic?

Archived