Fanfiction Challenge

Guest sevenpuddings

Well, i'll enter if it's not a one shot. :) lol It's not a case of "I don't want to do a one shot", it's because I can't! Lol.

God blessed me with the ability to ramble, it would be very ungrateful of me if I did not use it. :P lol

Of course it can't be a really long fic (like mine :P) but something longer than a one shot! Lol. It's like... I've got a bucket full of water, to pour into a mug... it just won't work!! Lol.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People would vote, athough you wouldn't know who you were voting for.

Length I think shall be two categories, one shot and four parter (because four is just a good number)

One shot length max = 2000ish words

Four part length = 4000ish words

What do you guys think?

And, to celebrate holidays, I was thinking of setting it as a school excursion to a fair/amusement park... I said a couple of pages back that you can set your favourite group of characters as teenagers, it does not necessarily have to be the present characters.

Also, I was thinking of including items or sayings, or events.

Such as a rollercoaster ride/ferris wheel ride for events, fairy floss or a game prize for items... and sayings, well... I'm open to suggestions!

furrylogic has also offered to host it, as in send her the stories, and she'll put it up on the fanfiction account that shall be created.

What do you guys think?

People would vote, athough you wouldn't know who you were voting for.

Length I think shall be two categories, one shot and four parter (because four is just a good number)

One shot length max = 2000ish words

Four part length = 4000ish words

What do you guys think?

And, to celebrate holidays, I was thinking of setting it as a school excursion to a fair/amusement park... I said a couple of pages back that you can set your favourite group of characters as teenagers, it does not necessarily have to be the present characters.

Also, I was thinking of including items or sayings, or events.

Such as a rollercoaster ride/ferris wheel ride for events, fairy floss or a game prize for items... and sayings, well... I'm open to suggestions!

furrylogic has also offered to host it, as in send her the stories, and she'll put it up on the fanfiction account that shall be created.

What do you guys think?

Thank you!! That's like my dream come true!! :D Lol.

Well... at first I wasn't too keen on the idea of having to set it up like have them all as teenagers, but... I think it'll be a challenge, and that's what a comp is for!! :D

So I'm up for it...

However, am I allowed to twiddle the characters ages a tad? :D They'll be teenagers, it's just I'll have to decrease their age difference a little... :P

I'm willing to make it AU, which basically means, you create your own Universe. Only, you must include H&A characters. But that much is obvious LoL.

So yeah, you're more than allowed to tweak their age Nicole :)

But maybe I could make it a general visit to the fair/amusement park instead of a school excursion. That way we can use all different age groups?

this sounds like a great idea

maybe it would be better left open ended about the age. you could make some characters younger but...what about someone like alf :P and then there are parents like tony, beth and irene.

Well the only problem with having settings is that it is quite restrictive and i feel that we would get better fics if you were to leave it open. Also i've already started writing a short fic that I'm thinking of entering for the competition if it goes ahead, and well, it's definitely not in one of the settings that you have suggested! lol I need a plot that inspires me to write and i think that i would be less likely to enter if there were restrictions on settings or events or something. But that's just my opinion - feel free to ignore!

I'm not fussed. We could simply have a challenge that the only restrictions are the word limit, because I think these are the most necessary. All mine have just been suggestions, and I'm willing to take on board everything other people have said.

You are right though, you need to be inspired to write. So maybe, instead of giving it a setting, there could be single word promts, like

Dance

Rain

Love

Hate

And you base your fan fic around that?

Well the only problem with having settings is that it is quite restrictive and i feel that we would get better fics if you were to leave it open. Also i've already started writing a short fic that I'm thinking of entering for the competition if it goes ahead, and well, it's definitely not in one of the settings that you have suggested! lol I need a plot that inspires me to write and i think that i would be less likely to enter if there were restrictions on settings or events or something. But that's just my opinion - feel free to ignore!

I did think like you, and I have actually very very very nearly finished my "one shot" (Okay, 3 shot lol) but, I can always post it out of the competition.

If we didn't have any restrictions then it wouldn't really change the fics that we normally write, into competition ones. There'd be no challenge.

Personally, I think this way is better. :) Now all I need to do is think of what I can do!! Lol.

I would really appreciate if we got the setting and restrictions soon though, so I can get it out of the way before my hols. :)

Giving it a setting does give make it a challenge, but maybe I could bring a little ambiguity to the setting to leave it more openended for those who are more inclined to go with the flow.

We have word limit down, and the two kinds of stories you can write (one parter and up to four parter)

It's got to be PG rated. I think thats pretty necessary.

I'm thinking about giving a setting... and word promts. I'm so in love with Summer that I want it to be set at the beginning of summer...

I'm rambling... I'm stuck for a setting... how about this.

'Don't you remember the night out?'

'Oh, THAT night out. Yeah, I remember.'

Must include: Whatever reminds you of summer the most.

Is that too summer orientated? Tell me please if you hate that.

Archived