Home and Away to take a Break

Guest Ryan

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Home and Away will be taken off the air for a period of two months during the next winter. A spokesperson at five said that this decision hadn't been taken lightly and as was made due to a fear of fans of the show being offended that they were contributing to the Australian economy during a period when the two cricket teams were competing against each other.

A viewer from Hull, 26, was outraged by this decision. "Why would anyone in their right mind by offended by watching Home and Away whilst the Ashes is on". Her partner, 28, butted in saying the only thing offensive about Home and Away was the hammy acting.

Daily Express columnist Anne Widdecombe said it was yet another example of political correctness gone mad. The Daily Mail blamed this latest decision on refugees from Rwanda.

© TV WEAK

I have just checked both these newspapers online, (thoroughly), and there is no mention of it on either of these newspapers' websites. I think now that this is a windup!. Mind you, I would not be surprised either if it was true!

It's lucky that I have a great sense of humour ha ha!

Claire, word of warning, Ryan has contacts at 'TV Weak'.....take everything he says with a barrel of salt.

Ryan: Nice to see TV Weak has made a reappearance, I wondered when it would rear it's ugly head again :P

Home and Away will be taken off the air for a period of two months during the next winter. A spokesperson at five said that this decision hadn't been taken lightly and as was made due to a fear of fans of the show being offended that they were contributing to the Australian economy during a period when the two cricket teams were competing against each other.

A viewer from Hull, 26, was outraged by this decision. "Why would anyone in their right mind by offended by watching Home and Away whilst the Ashes is on". Her partner, 28, butted in saying the only thing offensive about Home and Away was the hammy acting.

Daily Express columnist Anne Widdecombe said it was yet another example of political correctness gone mad. The Daily Mail blamed this latest decision on refugees from Rwanda.

© TV WEAK

"Smiles" Well written!!!

Archived