Reminiscing

Guest linzie_mac01

Haha i didnt realise you'd updated either lol :P Great as always cant wait til we get to the new chapters that i havent already read from the first time you posted this lol but i love reading the old ones to!!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What Nicole said about the update. It is now the 9th and you updated on the 5th, i could have been reading your fic days ago........ Anyway :o who is this creep? This Carl guy? I already don't like the name although the eyes sound so dreamy........no, Jack where are you when your needed? You had me on the floor with that Lucas scene, it was that funny! Please update soon!

As promised, a new post and update. (this one is quite long)

I would just like to mention that some of the content in this chapter may not be suitable for younger readers.

Chapter.6: Me and my thoughts

The next morning turned out to be yet another beautifully sunny day. Martha awoke slowly; she was still sleepy and right in the middle of the most amazing dream: Jack was in her bedroom, he felt so real, she could even smell his husky male scent as he lay on his side next to her placing the gentlest of tiny kisses along her neck. Martha closed her eyes and tilted her neck further towards him so that Jack could carry on and on. She let out a sigh of sheer happiness and rolled over. Before she knew it she was falling through the air and hitting the floor with a thud.

“Ouch!” Martha cried out. She sat there for a few seconds rubbing the side of her head and getting slightly embarrassed as she realised what had just happened, even though no-one was in the room to see.

“Oh that’s great!” she muttered to no-one in particular, as she tentatively grabbed on to the side of the bed to haul herself up.

“Martha love, are you alright in there?” shouted Alf from somewhere in the kitchen. “Um yeah Granddad, I’m fine. I um just tripped on, on something.” Martha’s voice trailed off as she stuttered to get her words out.

‘I can’t believe I’m literally falling for this guy’ chuckled Martha as she contemplated the irony of what had just happened.

It was Martha’s day off and she was wondering what to do with herself. The morning seemed to have flown past, Alf was long gone; he’d had some business to sort out with Sally and had wanted to get some early morning fishing in before hand.

Sprawled on the couch with a cup of tea slowly going cold in one hand, Martha was thinking on and off about her relationship with Jack. It was new and exciting; she had never felt this strongly for a guy before. Jack made her feel alive with raw emotion. One minute she couldn’t focus because his presence was so mesmerising and the next, he made her so frustrated for feeling that way towards him.

But she was also scared. Scared because she had let Jack chase her; right from the beginning she had tried her hardest not to show her true feelings for him, not even to Tash! And now that he finally knew the truth, now that she had finally given in to him, put her in a position where she could easy get hurt. Admittedly she wasn’t used to guys being so upfront about their feelings for her; she was only used to them playing hard to get, which made it easy for her to reject them. Jack was different; he had worn his heart on his sleeve right from day one. Martha remembered back to when, on his first day he had pulled up in the driveway to the Holden household, got out of his car and flashed that trademark Jack Holden smile across at her. Martha on the other hand had stood rooted to the spot on the Hunters front lawn; all she could do was glare at him for handing her a speeding ticket earlier on that day, whilst secretly, deep down he had made her knees go weak with that gorgeous smile and her heart was doing flip flops with joy at the relief that Jack would be staying around for a while.

Martha contemplated the old saying; ‘once you’ve got something you truly want, something you’ve worked so hard to get, the scariest thing is the fear of losing it.’

‘Well, this explains the reason why I was so mean to him at times,’ Martha thought. ‘I didn’t want Jack becoming too close for fear of him rejecting me!’ The realisation hit her. ‘What am I going to do now that I have got him?’

Jack was up and ready for work early that morning; he was the luckiest guy alive at this moment. He had spent the entire night replaying yesterday’s events with Martha, especially the part where she admitted to wanting him. He had waited too long to hear Martha say that!

After lying in bed waiting for sleep to come for what seemed like hours, Jack finally decided to get up and go for an early morning run to try and calm himself down. It was beginning to be the start of a beautiful day.

Before he knew it Jack found himself on his way to Martha’s house, he had run quite a way already; along the deserted beach and past Noah’s and he was just heading home. ‘It was far too early for her to be up,’ he thought glancing at his watch that read 5am, ‘definitely far too early!’

Jack didn’t take any notice of the dark coloured car that looked out of place parked not far from Martha’s house. He either didn’t see it, or it didn’t register with him that it looked kinda strange. Jack ran right past the darkened window and the person inside the vehicle calmly watched him pass by.

Back home Jack jumped in the shower before Luc got up and was having a quick cup of coffee whilst noticing his dad had left a note on the table saying he had gone for a quick surf before work.

It was really busy at the station when Jack arrived; a number of officers, including Jack were working on a new case. There had been several incidences of reported attacks on young women in the area and they were yet to catch whoever was responsible. All the officers were getting frustrated as the case had been going on for too long and every day they waited anxiously to see whether another attack had taken place and whether the attacker had left any clues. As of yet no evidence had been identified; the attacker was extremely careful not to leave any incriminating evidence.

The officers had been told not to let the case get out to the public in case it started a massive panic across town, they were only instructed to warn young females to be careful out late at night. This was the only fact they knew; the attacker had thus far preyed only on younger women in their early twenties.

Jack hadn’t realised the time and he still had so much work left to do. He hadn’t been able to think about Martha all day up until now and he was missing her like crazy.

Jack got up from his cluttered desk that was heaving with still unsigned paperwork and snuck out to a quieter office so that he wouldn’t be disturbed.

He selected Martha’s number on his mobile and couldn’t wait to hear her voice.

“Hey Martha its Jack,” Jack said smoothly trying not to let on how happy he was to speak to her.

“Hi!” Martha replied. She was also trying to sound casual. “So, how comes it’s taken you so long to call me?” Martha teased, “You haven’t spoken to me since yesterday! That’s a long time for a girl to have to wait y’know!”

“I know I know! I’ve just been really busy with work this morning, a new case and all that.” Jack said, trying not to be too vague. Martha knew he couldn’t go into anymore detail so she didn’t press it. Martha had spent the whole morning at home, catching up on general housework but was bored to tears, she needed to go out.

“So, what’s up?” she asked Jack.

“I just wanted to hear your voice.” He admitted softly. Martha plonked herself down on the couch cross-legged and grinned. She loved it when Jack did those little gestures to remind her of his feelings towards her. Before, he would have said it sarcastically and she would be left fuming, but now they were together, she realised just how much she liked it.

Martha sat daydreaming for a few seconds, subconsciously playing with a few strands of her long, thick hair, twisting it around her fingers; she was completely wrapped up in her thoughts of Jack.

“Martha, are you still there?” Jack asked getting slightly worried.

“Oh, sorry Jack, what were you saying?” Martha could have hit herself. ‘Get a grip!’ she thought.

“I was just saying that I don’t think I will have time to meet you for lunch today, I’ve still got loads to do.” Jack repeated regretfully. Martha’s heart sunk; she had hoped to meet Jack, she missed him too.

“Don’t worry about it.” She replied rather too hastily; she didn’t want to sound too upset.

“But, I’ll make it up to you later tonight, if you want?” Jack added. “I’ll cook dinner and you can bring over a movie?” He suggested.

Martha sat back up again. “Great! I’d love to come round. I’ll be there say 7pm?”

“Cool, I can’t wait! Well I better go but I’ll see you tonight.” Jack said as he got up from leaning on the desk.

“Yep, see ya later,” replied Martha before hanging up.

Before going back to his desk Jack sent a quick message to his dad pleading with him to go over to Beth’s with Luc for the evening, briefly explaining his plans with Martha.

Martha hung up the phone, she was disappointed that Jack couldn’t make lunch but she had a feeling that tonight was gonna be a lot better. At least she now had something to do for the rest of the day, she thought whilst texting Tash; she needed Tasha’s advice. What was she going to wear? Martha wasn’t the kind of girl who would normally dress up for a date, she preferred to keep her dates guessing, but she couldn’t help but want to make a good impression with Jack; she wanted to surprise him, to show him a different side of herself.

Secondly, she didn’t have the faintest clue as to what film should she bring over; something mushy or action-packed? She couldn’t remember ever speaking to Jack on choices of film, or about any interests for that matter; they were always too busy teasing each other to actually have a proper conversation!

Dusk was turning to twilight and the setting sun was leaving a spectacular glow of deep pink and dusky purple on the horizon.

Martha arrived outside the Holden’s house; it was just after 7pm. She looked stunning and confident wearing a light and floaty wrap-over dress that finished half-way down her thigh and the deep v-neckline displayed just enough cleavage, which was emphasised by a long necklace. The dress was a gorgeous shade of green that set off her sparkling blue-green eyes, which she had matched with pearly-green eye-shadow. On the inside she was shaking like a leaf; her heart was thudding so hard and fast she thought she might burst. Martha was just glad that she had decided to wear a pair of thongs rather than heels that Tash had suggested and she had found the perfect pair; ones that were covered in tiny emerald coloured stones; she felt a lot more comfortable.

Jack opened the door and stood there for a few moments taking in Martha’s appearance; she looked incredible. It took all his self-control not to just reach out and devour her right there and then. He took a deep breath, “Wow, you look amazing!” he managed to get out; his voice low.

“Thanks.” Martha said, she smiled up at Jack, she thought he looked so sexy; the pale pink shirt he had on was untucked from his dark faded-blue jeans and Martha couldn’t help imagining his body underneath; the body she had seen almost naked the day before. Martha’s eyes travelled down his body and stopped where Jack’s jeans rested low on his hips. She started to feel a hot flush creeping up her neck and looked away quickly before Jack could guess what she had been thinking about.

“Dinner’s nearly ready; can I get you some wine?” Jack asked breaking the silence.

“Sure.” Martha said as she followed Jack in to the kitchen. “So did you manage to get everything sorted at work today?” Martha asked whilst sitting down at the table. She didn’t really hear Jack’s reply as she was taken back with the amount of effort Jack had put in to tonight; he had turned the lights down low and made the table look amazing. Martha also noticed that the room was lit with tiny candles.

“You don’t think it’s too much?” Jack queried seeing her staring, he was unsure. “No, it’s perfect.” Martha replied softly and smiled up at Jack.

Jack breathed a shaky breath of relief, he couldn’t believe how nervous he was; this was his chance to show Martha what she had been missing these last few weeks when she kept him chasing after her.

“Wow that was fantastic!” Martha exclaimed as she sat back after they finished their meal; she was stuffed. ‘He’s such a good cook’ Martha thought whilst sneaking a quick look in Jacks direction, he had risen and started to clear the plates. ‘What the hell was I thinking I could have let him do this for me ages ago if I hadn’t been so stubborn’ Martha admitted to herself. She got up and walked over to where Jack was standing by the sink. Jack had his back to her and Martha gently put her hands on his hips, she had wanted to do that all night! Jack turned round to face her and Martha slipped her arms around his waist and smiled flirtatiously up at him. Jack stared down at her; Martha noticed a distant sexy look in his eyes as she watched his eyes roam over her body and finally come to linger on her cleavage. Martha didn’t mind; she was excited that she made him feel this way and her breathing was once again getting faster and heavier, which made her chest rise and fall with the excitement and unknowingly to her, was making Jack start to lose all self-control.

Jack possessively wrapped his strong arms around Martha’s waist and leant towards her; their faces were millimetres apart. Jack couldn’t take it any longer; just being that close to Martha, she had tilted her face towards him and had just closed her beautiful eyes; Jack knew what she was waiting for because he wanted it too so he captured her delicate mouth with his, his lips parting slightly against hers. Jack wanted more; the kiss was so sensual. Martha let out a small cry with pleasure and it made him feel so good when he realised she was enjoying the moment as much as he were.

Martha kissed him back more urgently; her mind was spinning with excitement. She moved her arms up around Jacks neck, letting him support her. Martha felt Jacks lips part underneath hers, prising her own mouth open so that his tongue could enter and explore her mouth more intimately. She heard him groaning with pleasure as their tongues touched and she passionately flicked his tongue with hers to let him know that she wanted him.

Martha loved the way Jacks hands were all over her body, he couldn’t help himself; there was no going back now.

Jack hands stroked their way up and down Martha’s back making her shiver with pleasure and she gasped against his lips when she felt him move them down lower over the small of her back, whilst his fingers were pulling up her dress.

Jack carried on kissing Martha and his hands were now underneath her dress; the feel of her soft skin under his touch was driving him crazy and he could feel her lacy underwear teasing him. Jack moved his hands under her and picked her up, Martha responded and wrapped her legs tightly around Jack’s waist; she didn’t care about her shoes coming off in the process, as she was happily carried off towards Jacks bedroom.

Jack pulled away from Martha for the briefest moment to gaze into her eyes. She was still clinging on to him and when he saw that look in her eyes he knew that she didn’t want him to stop. Jack gently laid Martha down on his bed, he followed; her arms were still wrapped around his neck and she was pulling him down to her. Jack rested his arms on the pillow either side of Martha’s head, trapping her beneath him as his legs straddled her hips. Jack was aching with pleasure; the constant strain against his jeans was too much. He had waited for this moment in anticipation and had only before ever dreamt about doing this to her.

Martha gazed into Jacks eyes and saw what she knew he could see in hers. She reached her arms down to unbutton his shirt and Jack leant forward to kiss her again; she tasted so sweet, he thought. She kissed him back passionately and it was now Jacks turn to gasp as Martha pulled off his shirt and smoothed her hands over his broad chest. Martha greedily took in Jacks body, her eyes enjoying what she saw. She couldn’t keep her hands to herself; moving her fingers all over Jack before using all her strength to push him over on to his side so that she could start undoing his jeans. Jack swiftly grabbed Martha and rolled her on top of him, they were both kissing each other wildly as his fingers urgently felt to untie her wrap-dress, letting it fall to the floor.

“Beautiful.” Jack muttered his voice low and heavy. His eyes drank in Martha’s perfect body before he gave in to overwhelming desire. Reaching up he traced the edge of her bra with his fingertips, teasing himself as much as he was teasing her.

He could wait no longer; in one swift movement Jack undid the clasp and Martha knew they were ready. She smiled down into Jacks gorgeous eyes as he took her in an incredible act of love.

I read it!! I actually read it! Lol.

Tiny confession to make - last time you did it, I didn't read it. Lol. But I thought "Nicole, you're 15, you can read this." And I did! Lol.

Very good! Aww they were thinking about each other, bless. lol.

Please update soooon!!! I love this fic so much! :D

Archived