Reminiscing

Guest linzie_mac01

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O.k that was the first time that i read that chapter and i was lmao at the Jack bit:p Awwww it was so sweet and the oyster/pearl thing, very, very cute. I could imagine them actually doing all the flirting that you wrote. You really have a talent for this, well done, but now that you've got me hooked you seriously need to update!!!

EDIT: Oh and Jack, next time think of Colleen, it should help:P

Jacknmarthalover what you said about Jack thinking of Colleen, had me in stitches; i couldn't stop laughing! That is a good idea, i'll have to pass it on to him next time i see him :P

Hopefully i'll be able to add the next chapter tomorrow :D,

Ok here is the next chapter!

Chapter.5: Stranger in the darkness

“I better get back,” Martha said reluctantly. She glanced at her watch. “Or I’m never going to get changed and be at work on time tonight!”

Jack look at Martha and pouted at her, trying to give her his best ‘please don’t go’ look; hoping that she would stay a bit longer with him.

“No Jack, that’s not going to work!” Giggled Martha, “and don’t look at me like that either.” She smiled, whilst unwrapping herself from his arms.

She got up and checked that her clothes were dry. Her top was, but her denim skirt was still a bit damp. Martha didn’t feel appropriate stepping out of Jacks house wearing his oversized shirt to go home in so she turned away from him to change her top; still shy about him seeing her undressing. ‘Well’, she chuckled to herself, ‘Jack will have to be patient and wait if he wants to see more!’

Jack lay on the bed admiring Martha; she was standing there in his bedroom, wearing just her bra and a pair of shorts. He wanted to see more, he wanted her to turn to face him at that moment, but he knew what she was doing. ‘She’s such a tease.’ He thought to himself, ‘two can play at that game! Well I’m not going to do or say anything.’ He smiled but little did he know that Martha wasn’t actually trying to tease him at all!

Martha burst through the door to Noah’s bar; she was running so late for her night shift. She couldn’t seem to get out of slow motion gear whilst getting ready for work at her and Alf’s apartment; she spent ages just standing in the shower, letting the warm water spread over her body, caressing her skin just like Jack had been doing minutes earlier.

That’s why now she was all flushed and hot from rushing around. “Strike me! Where the devil have you been woman?” Alf exclaimed, taking in Martha’s appearance. “What time do you bleeding well call this then, ay?” “Sorry Granddad, I’ll be with you in a sec.” Martha called as she ran out to the store cupboard.

“You’re on your own tonight love.” Alf said once Martha had calmed down a bit. “Beth had to go home, she wasn’t feeling too clever and now, I finally get to leave too!” “That’s ok; it doesn’t look like it will be too busy tonight anyway.” Martha said, taking in the fairly quiet bar. “Well I’ll be off then, but be sure to call me if you need any help later, locking up.” Alf replied as he headed to the door.

Jack was still at home, he was having a late dinner with his dad and Lucas. They were sitting on the couch watching a movie but Jack wasn’t really paying much attention; he couldn’t stop thinking about Martha. He was so happy that he was finally with her but he was also concerned about the situation with his hearing getting in the way or their relationship.

His thoughts were interrupted. “So Jack,” Lucas said through a mouthful of food, “you and Martha sorted things out I take it.”

“Oh really,” exclaimed Tony with a grin, what makes you think that then Luc?”

“Well, Mattie and I caught Jack messing around with Martha when they got back this arvo,” Luc explained. “Then they disappeared into his room.” He added, rolling his eyes and shifting his head toward Jack’s bedroom.

“That’s none of your business.” Jack said glancing at both his dad and Luc, “But lets just say you were right dad, Martha does have feelings for me and apparently she has done since we first met.” Jack answered, a huge grin forming on his face. “No, please no more.” Luc said dramatically, “I don’t think I can take it, or more importantly, I don’t think the general public can take any more of Jack’s head getting much bigger than it already is!” Lucas cried with laughter; he was now rolling around on the couch, grasping on to his head with both hands.

“Hey!” said Jack, lightly punching Luc in the arm. They both started wrestling and their dinners nearly went flying everywhere. Tony just sat there shaking his head; he couldn’t believe the size of Jack’s ego some days!

Martha was leaning up against the bar, her head resting in her hands; she was daydreaming about her afternoon with Jack. She took out the pink pearl that Jack had found for her and admired it; she had decided to keep it with her all the time to remind her what a wonderful day today had been, not that she would ever forget though!

“Hey, sorry can I get a beer?” Said some guy; his voice interrupting her thoughts. Martha shoved the pearl back in her pocket and looked up into a gorgeous pair of bright blue eyes; she had never seen eyes that clear before, they were such a bright blue that she was startled for a moment before she quickly regained her composure.

“I’m sorry, one beer coming right up.” Martha replied, whilst busying herself with the order.

The guy sat down at the bar opposite her and Martha glanced at him again. He looked ok she thought, not her type though. He was not much taller than her, definitely not taller than Jack, she compared. He had average features; fairly tanned skin and dirty blonde hair that was just long enough to fall around his face. He must probably be about Jacks age as well, but it was those piercing blue eyes that she couldn’t tear herself away from.

“My name’s Carl.” Carl said whilst taking the glass from Martha; he purposely let his fingers brush against Martha’s hand. Martha drew her hand back quickly. “Martha.” She replied back. “Good to meet you.” She added, trying to be polite.

“Oh hey Tasha!” Martha called, as she noticed her best friend walking in. Tash smiled at her and came over, much to Martha relief. Carl got up and wandered off. “Hey ya Mac! How’s things?” Tash asked cheerfully. “Who was that?” she added, gesturing towards Carl.

“Oh, some guy called Carl, I don’t actually know any more than that, he only just got here.” Martha replied. “My day has been pretty wonderful; I have so much to tell you! You’re never going to believe what happened!” said Martha happily. Martha filled Tash in on the days events with Jack, telling her exactly what he had said to her but leaving out the more intimate moments they had shared together. She let a huge sigh when she had finished, “Oh Tash I must be the happiest girl alive!” Martha said as she started clearing up the bar. “Last orders!” She yelled out. “I’m happy for you Mac, you two deserve to be together.” Tasha said with a warm smile.

“Well I’m shattered, it’s been a long day!” exclaimed Martha as her and Tasha was locking up at the end of the night. Martha took one last look around to make sure everything was ok before she and Tash set off for home. On their way to the car park Martha and Tasha didn’t realise that they were being watched by someone hiding in the bushes. He was totally concealed apart from a pair of bright blue eyes that were glowing between the leaves, and following the girls’ every movement.

Martha gave Tash a lift back to her and Rob’s apartment before going home herself. “See you later” Tasha called as she ran up to her front door and let herself inside.

Martha drove the short distance back to her place, completely oblivious to the other car on the road following her. She was once again thinking about Jack and why it had taken her so long to admit that she did actually like him.

Martha pulled up outside her place and stepped out the car.

The car that had been following her had stopped too just around the corner and the same guy was still watching her walking up to the front door.

Martha made her way upstairs quietly so not to wake her Granddad, she locked the door behind her and chucked her bag and keys on the couch. The guy parked outside was looking up into Martha’s apartment; he was silently watching her wandering through the kitchen to make herself a drink, then into her bedroom.

Martha pulled her blinds down and got ready for bed; she lay there for a while wishing she could be with Jack, and then she leant over and flicked off the lamp.

He was still watching her even though the blinds had been closed; he could see her silhouette moving around the room as she got undressed. He started fantasising about being the one to hold her and be with her. He had known from the moment he had first met her that she would be the one.

Omg Linzie! I'm not very happy with you! I had no idea you'd updated! Lol. I had to play Detective Nicole!

I was just on the Fic Forum and decided for a change of scenery that I'd click onto page 2. So when i did I scrolled down and saw yours, which reminded me that I hadn't read it in a while. So I clicked on it, wondering when it was last updated, and saw that you'd actually updated!! I've been wondering when this would be updated! Tsk! lol.

Aww, I don't think anyone else knows either, but they will all come flooding back now! :D

Very disappointed with you Linzie.. I expected better.

lol.

Update soon!! :D

Archived