Ivar Kants

Guest buffygirl

I wasnt a huge fan when Barry first appeared but the longer he stayed the more i grew to like him. I think it is a great shame that he has gone as i think they completely wasted his potential as a character. Ivar is a great actor and he did a great job playing Barry.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

20. Barry Hyde - 57 points UP 24

Played by Ivar Kants

IPB Image IPB Image

Barry had just recently arrived around the time this contest was last held. Barry's character as created by Coral Drouyn was the demon headmaster and very one dimensional. Fortunately the character was saved by both Bevan Lee and Dan Bennett. The love which Barry had for his son, the discovery that he had killed his wife to protect Kim, and his relationship with Irene won him, and them, a lot of new fans. Amongst mature female viewers that "come to bed" voice, his loving looks at Irene, and the cuddly persona, were a sure fire hit.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that Barry's abscence is quite noticeable. Ivar brought a lot of depth to the role and to the show. I really miss him, and I think Irene looks quite lost without him.

Yeh she dose, Poor Irene she needs him it the only way.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes it was, and I don't think we have seen acting this good since he left. All three of them were exceptional. Sadly these days unless one is a pretty boy, or girl, then no one is interested, no matter how good you are. That voice alone has me going wek at the knees. i still remember that letter scene with great fondness as Ivar's voice was like chocolate.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

emmasi, I recommend that you get a copy of the dvd of his film The Plumber, he plays a rather psychotic character and he is even younger in the film than in that photograph. There is a wonderful scene when he is sitting singing and playing a guitar and I think the very first view of Max the plumber is of his posterior, which I must say was rather nice and neat. I think that it is a film that you might enjoy. It has a neat twist at the end. You will never think of Barry/Ivar in quite the same way again :P

I don't know. I've already seen him attempt to rape and kill Libby Tanner...

That movie does sound... interesting :)

Is it weird to have the hots for someone's past image, while still appreciating their acting and style in the current day :P?

Archived