Ivar Kants

Guest buffygirl

Daniel goes to point out that the audience had a greater empathy and sympathy for Barry Hyde after it was revealed he killed his wife because his motivation was pure love for his son, Kim. His actions were extreme, but human. He was flawed, but his heart was in the right place, just like real life.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well said Chatter Box, Ivar is a superb actor and the show will be shallower without him.

The 'come to bed' voice is just an added bonus!

He also seems to have brought out the best in the younger actors/actresses which will be hard for them to maintain I think.

Does anyone know what he has lined up next?

LOL.

I have to say I am pleased that even though he has been charged with two manslaughters and will no doubt be going to jail, I am glad the show have continued to keep Barry on screen right up until his court case rather than have him conveniently disappear like Jesse did, never to be mentioned again.

Oh well, scratch that!

It was such a sad episode when he left yesterday. His last look at Irene, and how she turned away from him. But, when he got her note! I started crying. You could see that he had made peace with it even though it still, and will, hurt.

It was such a sad episode when he left yesterday. His last look at Irene, and how she turned away from him. But, when he got her note! I started crying. You could see that he had made peace with it even though it still, and will, hurt.

That was the bit which set me off crying my eyes out...I had been quite controlled.... sad but controlled..... until then...that just did it for me....It was much more effective like that. I am glad we did not get some stupid cliffhanger instead of Barry taking a last look around. I thought the promo was a bit tacky and they would have been better not doing one at all. Barry deserved to have his moment.

I agree there's no need to have a promo every single night. There should be times (like Barry's exit, or Flynn's death) where they should just let the episode end quietly and scroll the standard credits.

Archived