Things Will Never Be The Same Again

Guest Babylove

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A/N: I just thought I'd warn you, that I'm not very farmiliar with medical jargin etc. So if anything I've used is wrong, please forgive me.

Chapter Ten

Jack looked at the burning building in horror before yelling “Martha!”

“Jack wait!” Peter called to the young constable as Jack raced toward the recently exploded building. “Damn it! Lara get the Firies down here now!”

Meanwhile the room where the hostages were being kept in was in ruins as smoke seemed to be everywhere and the five hostages were all sprawled onto the floor, unconscious.

Martha, who was lying face down, was the first to move, and begin regaining conscious. She moaned slightly as she opened her eyes. She almost regretted it as they were stung from the thick smoke that hung in the air. She coughed as she forced her self into a sitting position and looked around.

She saw Belle lying next to her, unconscious. As she looked around she saw Tasha and Robbie lying next to each other just a few metres away. As she looked around she couldn’t find Kim anywhere. She had trouble processing it as her mind was still a bit jumbled from the massive headache she had.

“Help!” she tired to scream, though it only came as a whisper. The attempt also caused another coughing fit. She tried to drag herself over too Belle who was the closest to her, and discovered that she couldn’t put any wait onto her right arm, as it caused just pure pain.

Then she heard what sounded like her name being called from a distance. She paused to listen out and heard Jack’s voice calling her name again. She had never been so relieved in all her life.

“Jack!” she tried to call again. This time, though it was not as loud as she would have liked, her voice did come out with some volume. “Jack, we’re in here. You have to hurry. The others are hurt really bad!”

Jack strained, but he was positive he heard Martha’s voice coming to the right of him. He had been the only one that had run into the building, he was fairly sure, as he had not heard anyone follow him, but none of that mattered right now. He turned and found a door that looked like it had been bolted shut when the building had been in one piece, but now had been blown off of his hinge.

With a strength that he didn’t know he had he managed to move the door, and the sight in front of him was horrifying. There was his fiancée who looked pretty beat up sitting next to an unconscious Belle. Two of his best friends lay unconscious. And as he looked around he saw the legs, of who he assumed to be Kim. The rest of the person looked like it was buried under some debris, which he quickly determined was from the roof.

At The Hospital

Peter ran into the hospital having followed the last of the ambulances which had been carrying Martha, with Jack accompanying her. Peter saw Jack sitting in the waiting area with his head in his hands.

“Hey, what’s the news?” Peter asked gently.

“Kim didn’t make it,” Jack said numbly “Rachel was on duty when he was brought in. She’s in a pretty bad way.”

“Yeah, I heard. What about the others?” Peter questioned. “How’s Martha?”

“Martha’s okay, I think. Doctor said she’s suffering from concussion, a broken arm and bruising. The doctor said I could go in as soon as they get her settled. Belle’s in a coma, the doctor said. They’ve taken her to intensive care. Robbie’s in surgery with internal bleeding.” Jack informed him.

“And Tasha?” Peter asked.

“I don’t know. They’re still working on her I think,” Jack replied. “The hospital have called all the families. They should be here soon”

Meanwhile, in another part of the hospital, Rachel sat at the bedside of her now dead boyfriend. She was numb. She wasn’t sure what to feel. They had only been together for a period of months. And they had been through so much to be together. They had defied everyone who said that they shouldn’t be together, and they had found happiness.

She couldn’t remember a time when she had been this happy. And now she was just empty. How was she supposed to go on now? She felt so lost as she looked at Kim’s battered body. How could this be happening to them? It just wasn’t fair.

Back In The Waiting Area

Irene ran into the waiting area, having been informed that Belle and Tasha had been brought there in a bad way.’ Right behind her was Sally and Ric who had been at the Beach house when they got the call. They went straight to the nurse’s desk.

“Excuse me, I’m looking for Belle Taylor and Tasha Andrews. I was told they were here,” she said to the nurse at the counter.

The nurse looked up sympathetically. “I’m sorry, are you a relative?”

“I’m their guardian,” Irene replied.

The nurse looked down at some paperwork. “I’m sorry, you’re going to have to wait in the waiting room. The doctor will be out shortly to tell you about their condition.”

Irene was about to protest when Sally put her arm around her and lead her to the waiting area. “Come on Irene. We’ll just go take a seat.”

They walked into the area and saw Jack and Peter there. “Jack, Peter. What happened?” Sally asked.

“When we arrived at the warehouse, it exploded,” Jack said simply, too tired to go into details.

“Oh my God! Are they alright?” Ric asked, fear in his voice.

“I don’t know. Kim didn’t make it,” Peter informed them.

They all silently digested that information when Doctor Green came out into the waiting area.

“Irene Roberts?” he asked.

“Yes.” Irene replied walking over to him. The others followed close behind, just as Beth, Tony, Lucas and Tony walked in.

“Hi, I worked on Belle,” Dr. Green told her.

“How is she?” Irene asked.

“I wish I had better news. She’s slipped into a coma from head injuries. She suffered a massive blow to the back of her head,” Dr. Green told her.

“Oh my God! She’s going to be okay, right?” Ric asked from behind Irene.

“I wish I could give any guarantees about that. But it does look like she has suffered some damage to her brain,” the doctor informed them.

“What are you saying?” Irene asked with a slice of fear sliding down her spine.

“There is the possibility that she may have suffered some form of brain damage. But we won’t know any more until she wakes up,” he explained.

“Can I see her?” Irene asked.

“Of course,” Dr. Green said as he began leading her to the ICU.

“Can I come to, please?” Ric asked pleadingly, having this desperate urge to see Belle.

Dr. Green looked to Irene who nodded her head, so the Doctor silently agreed to let him in to see Belle as well.

As they began to walk away Irene turned to the doctor, “Wait, do you know what is happening with Tasha?”

“I’m not her doctor, so I don’t know of her condition. All I can tell you is that she is still in emergency. I’m sure someone will come and tell you as soon as there is any news,” Dr. Green replied.

In the Emergency Area

The doctors were working on Tasha, still trying to stabilise her when suddenly an alarm on her heart monitor began ringing out loudly.

Dr. Jacobs looked up and then shouted “She’s going into cardiac arrest.” As the medical team began to perform CPR.

She turned to the crash cart which had been moved behind her just in case it was needed, and grabbed the paddles.

“Charge to 240!” she shouted as she placed the paddles on Tasha’s chest. “Clear!”

She pressed the button and watched her patient jerk up and down from the electrical current that went through her. It had no effect. “Charge again!” The went through the process again for no result.

“Push some adrenaline,” she said, and the nurse gave her a syringe filled with adrenaline, which the doctor administered.

“Resuming compressions,” she said, trying desperately to save the life of the young mum-to-be.

She grabbed the paddles again. “Charge to 360…Clear!” they tried again to restart Tasha’s heart. They continued to perform CPR, trying desperately to get Tasha’s heart going again.

“How long’s she been down?” Dr. Jacobs asked.

“About 50 minutes,” another doctor replied.

“That’s it, she’s had enough. She’s gone,” Dr. Jacobs said, sadly as the medical team ceased working on Tasha.

Tasha's dead....... YAY!!! I mean *cough* ahem, *cough* OMG that's so sad. *tries to hide smile* I do feel bad for Rob though and poor Kim and Rachel..... aww :( I could just imagine that annoying doctor in those scenes, he drives me crazy, lol :P Fantastic writing, and you didn't kill off my favourites so i'm happy :D Please update soon.

Tasha's dead....... YAY!!! I mean *cough* ahem, *cough* OMG that's so sad. *tries to hide smile* I do feel bad for Rob though and poor Kim and Rachel..... aww :( I could just imagine that annoying doctor in those scenes, he drives me crazy, lol :P Fantastic writing, and you didn't kill off my favourites so i'm happy :D Please update soon.

Well... i can't believe you're so mean. What kind of sick person would jump up and down and do a little dance with their "Hula Hoops" after reading the fantastic terrible news of Tasha's death. I mean, comon, we all put up with her love her. :)

Great chapter!! But what I want to know is where are Eve's family? Does no one care about her? Lol.

Tasha's dead....... YAY!!! I mean *cough* ahem, *cough* OMG that's so sad. *tries to hide smile*

Well... i can't believe you're so mean. What kind of sick person would jump up and down and do a little dance with their "Hula Hoops" after reading the fantastic terrible news of Tasha's death. I mean, comon, we all put up with her love her.

:o How dare you say something so lovely mean about our stupid beautiful Tasha!!

What has she ever done to you two!! :P Meanies!!!

Archived