Things Will Never Be The Same Again

Guest Babylove

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

A/N: Sorry it's been so long between updates. It's just been one of those fortnights. Anyway hope you enjoy the knew chapter.

Chapter Eight

Jack and Peter, along with Tracey, Lara and a few other officers were looking over the yard around the Caravan Park main house for any evidence of where Zoe may have been holding the hostages. Sally, Cassie and Ric were all standing near the back door watching the police.

“Peter,” Lara called out. “I think I found something.”

Peter ran over and looked at what Constable Fitzgerald was looking at. “They look like tracks,” he said, stating the obvious.

Jack looked at them. “They look like they are heading for the bush, but can we be sure they are the right ones?”

“Well it definitely looks like someone was dragging something, or someone,” Peter said, before something on the ground caught his eye. He bent down and picked up what looked a black leather type string fashioned into some sort of loop.

“What’s this?” He held the object.

Ric saw what Peter was holding up and came over for a closer look, Sally and Cassie following him. “It’s Belle’s,” he said, fear written over his face, though his voice was void of emotion.

“Are you sure?” Peter asked, looking at Ric.

Ric nodded. “She wears it as a necklace. I’ve only seen her a few times without it.”

“Bag it as evidence,” Peter instructed one of the officers standing near by. “Can we see where the tracks lead once they get to the bush?”

“They go a little further into the bush in a straight line and then seem to fade out,” Tracey replied.

“Just great,” Peter said, clearly frustrated.

“Peter,” Beth called out to him, as she walked up to where the officers were.

“Beth, what can I do for you?” Peter asked.

“The police station said you would be here. Robbie’s run off,” Beth said, clearly out of breath.

“What do you mean?” Jack asked, frowning.

“I mean he’s run off to find Tasha on his own. He was starting to panic, and then got all fired up about finding her and took off before Tony or I could stop him,” Beth explained.

“Damn it!” Peter swore in frustration. “That’s the last thing we need.”

“Okay, did Robbie say were he was planning to look?” Jack asked.

“No, he didn’t,” Beth replied.

“There are a lot of places where they might be, chances are he won’t find anything, so there won’t be any major worries,” Tracey said, trying to calm the worried mother.

“Okay, well I think the best thing we can do right now is find Zoe and her victims first before Robbie has a chance to do anything,” Peter said. “The best thing you can do is go home, and let us know if he makes contact.”

“Is that all?” Beth asked, a little underwelmed.

“I know it doesn’t seem like much, but really the chances of Robbie finding them is small. More than likely he’ll come home in a few hours, once he’s had chance to work off some of that steam. And then he’s going to need you,” Tracey told Beth.

“Well, if you think that’s best,” Beth said.

“Why don’t we go for a walk Beth,” Sally suggested, her heart going out to her good friend. Beth nodded and they walked off towards the beach together.

As Peter, Jack and Tracey watched them go Peter said: “We just need to hope that Robbie doesn’t do anything stupid in the mean time.”

Jack looked over to where Cassie and Ric stood silently watching the happenings. “Thanks for you help Ric. We’ll be in touch later.”

Ric nodded as the police left. Ric turned and walked silently into the house as Cassie watched him go before following.

Ric walked over to the sink to poor himself a glass of water, as Cassie continued to watch him. He turned around and saw her staring at him

“What?” Ric asked.

“What’s going on with you Ric? You’ve been really quiet, especially after Peter held up that piece of leather,” Cassie asked.

“Well, we pretty much just had it confirmed that that psycho has kidnapped Belle. That doesn’t bother you at all?” Ric asked, incredulously.

“Well yeah, I mean it’s scary and I feel sorry for her. But your acting like you still have feelings for her or something,” Cassie commented, expecting to hear a denial from Ric.

When Ric stayed silent and said nothing, Cassie’s eyes widened. “You do have feelings for her, don’t you?” Cassie all but yelled.

“Yeah, I do okay,” Ric admitted.

“How can you even still remotely like her after what she did?” Cassie screamed. “Have you forgotten that she’s the reason that Flynn didn’t get as long as he should have?”

“No I haven’t. But it was an accident Cassie,” Ric said, beginning to get frustrated by Cassie’s attitude.

“So she says. She killed Flynn, whatever the circumstances,” Cassie insisted.

“She didn’t mean it. And it’s not important right now Cassie,” Ric told her, beginning to get angry. “Belle’s life is in danger, that’s all that’s important right now.”

“She’s a murderer, Ric!” Cassie exclaimed, trying to get her point across.

“Well if she’s a murderer, then I’m one too!” Ric said, finally loosing his temper. “Or have you forgotten how my father died?” With that Ric turned and walked out of the room heading towards his bedroom.

Just Outside the Warehouse

Robbie had been walking through the bush, looking for Tasha. He couldn’t explain what made him look out here, but whatever it was, he was grateful for all the time he and Tash had spent out here getting to know the area.

He emerged into a clearing, finding what looked to be an old warehouse, looking decidedly out of place in the bush surrounds. He remembered this building. He and Tash had stumbled on it once, when they were out here, and had remarked how odd it was. He walked inside the entrance and looked around the inside.

It looked just as abandoned as it had been the first time he and Tash had come here. He was about to turn around and walk out again when he noticed something different. A door was closed, with several new looking locks on it.

“Hello!” Robbie calls out, walking over to the door. “Is anyone there?”

“Robbie!” he heard Tasha’s muffled voice call through the door. “Is that you?”

“Yeah it’s me. Are you okay?” Robbie asked.

“Yeah, we’re all fine. What are you doing here?” Tasha asked.

“Finding you. Hold on a minute. I’ve just got to find something to break these locks. I’ll have you out in a minute,” Robbie said.

“No, mate,” Kim’s deep voice came through the door. “Zoe could be back any minute. You need to get out of here and get help.”

“I’m not leaving you here. Just hold on a minute,” Robbie replied.

“I don’t think so,” a female voice said behind him, as Robbie felt a cold metal barrel of what could only be a gun, against the back of his head. “Don’t move and keep your hands where I can see them or I will blow your head off and then kill your pretty little wife,” Zoe threatened.

That was the last thing that Robbie remembered because Zoe then hit him on the back of the head with the butt of the gun.

She then unlocks the door, and grabs Robbie’s limp body and drags him in. Tasha immediately runs to her unconscious husband. “Robbie!” she cries.

Zoe is so focused on her unexpected guest, she doesn’t notice Kim is behind the door behind her. He comes out from behind her and lunges at her with all his strength. Martha and Belle see what he is doing, come over to help him as he and Zoe struggle for the gun. Tasha stays with Robbie, watching the scene from the ground just nearby.

The three hostages struggle with Zoe to try and wrestle the gun away from her. Tasha is upset and worried about the scene in front of her when suddenly the gun in the middle of the four people goes off.

Archived