Things Will Never Be The Same Again

Guest Babylove

Chapter Three

Belle was at the Beach house watching some TV on her own. Irene was still at work and Robbie and Tasha were off somewhere together. Belle didn’t feel like going out and facing people. It was just too hard dealing with everyone else’s anger when she was struggling with her own emotions.

She was just considering whether she’d be nice and start dinner when she heard a knock on the front door. For a moment Belle considered not answering, when there was another knock. She decided she should bite the bullet and just answer it.

“Hello,” Lucas said when she opened the door.

“Lucas. What are you doing here?” asked Belle in surprise.

She hadn’t seen him since before the blow up the other day and had figured she probably wouldn’t, seeing as how Lucas was Ric’s best friend.

“Hello to you too,” Lucas replied half jokingly.

Belle shook her head, “Sorry, I just wasn’t expecting to see you.” She gestured for him to come in.

Lucas walked past her. “Why, because of what happened?” Lucas questioned.

“Well yeah, I mean Ric is your best mate,” Belle explained.

“But you’re my friend as well, Belle,” Lucas responded. “I figured you could use one right about now.”

They sat down on the couch. “Thanks,” said Belle appreciatively. “So how are things with you?”

“Getting better slowly. I think it’s going to be a while before things get back to normal,” Lucas told her.

“Well I guess that’s to be expected,” Belle agreed.

“How about you?” Lucas asked.

“I’m not sure. I guess I’m mostly numb, you know? Just trying to avoid people I guess,” Belle replied.

“Fair enough. But you can’t keep doing it for ever. You have to face them sometime,” Lucas said.

“Maybe not,” said Belle cryptically.

“What do you mean?” Lucas asked, frowning with concern.

“Well, I’ve been thinking about leaving town,” Belle explained.

“What, just run away?” questioned Lucas.

“Well, yeah, I mean, I did what I came here to do. There’s nothing really keeping me here anymore,” Belle said sadly.

“You need to give him some time,” Lucas told her, getting to the heart of the matter. “Maybe he’ll come around.”

“I killed his foster father. How is there any way we could possibly get passed that?” Belle asked.

Lucas’ response was to give Belle a comforting hug.

At the Bachelor Pad

Jack walked into his house late that night expecting to find Martha, waiting up like she usually did, when she was staying over. However what he found was a dark house with no Martha.

“Martha,” Jack called out, as he turned the living room light on.

After receiving no reply he walked into his bedroom in case she had decided to turn in. But his bed was still made and had obviously not been slept in since he had awoken that morning.

Jack frowned. He was sure he and Martha had said she wanted to stay over that night. Had he misunderstood? He replayed that conversation in his mind before he left for work that morning. No, she had definitely said that she would be staying over, he thought.

Could she have changed her mind and decided to go home after all? As he was looking around he noticed a folded note on the table with his name written on it. He picked it up and opened it. He found two words written on it:

Tick Tock.

Jack got a chill run down his spine. Zoe, or Eve or whatever her name was had been here. And now Martha was missing. He prayed that the assumption he was making was wrong, but he was starting to panic.

At the Warehouse

Kim looked at Martha who lay on the floor. Eve had dropped the unconscious Belle on the floor a while ago without saying a word and walked out again. Kim leaned his head back against the pole he was still tied too, thinking things through. Martha was untied. Which meant that when she awoke, she could untie him. That would be a start to being able to find a way out of there.

When Martha began to stir, he turned his head back to her. “Martha,” he called softly, just in case Zoe was still close by. “Martha.”

Martha moaned as she began to wake up. She could hear someone calling her name fuzzily from a distance. But her mind was still foggily and it was a real struggle to wake up.

“Martha,” Kim called once more as Martha began to pick herself up.

“Kim?” Martha asked groggily.

“Yeah, it’s me, are you awake?” Kim asked, concerned for his friend.

“Barely,” Martha replied slowly getting her mind working again, as she looked around the dense room. “Where are we?”

“I’m not sure, but Zoe’s behind it,” Kim told her.

“Zoe?!” Martha exclaimed.

“Yeah,” Kim replied. “Listen, quick untie me.”

Martha crawled over to Kim and got to work quickly to untie him. After she did Kim pulled his arms around slowly and rubbed his wrists.

“What now?” Martha asked.

“I’m not sure,” was Kim’s only response.

At the Caravan Park

The phone was ringing, as Alf flicked the light on and did up his robe. Whoever it was, had better have a good reason, to be ringing at this time of night.

“Hello,” Alf said, yawning.

“Alf, it’s Jack,” Jack said urgently.

“Jack. Do you have any flammin’ idea what time it is?” Alf asked incredulously.

“I know it’s late. But I really need to know if Martha is there,” Jack said.

“I thought Martha was staying at your place,” Alf replied.

“So she definitely didn’t go back there?” Jack clarified.

“No. Jack what’s going on?” Alf asked, clearly confused.

“I’ll explain later, thanks Alf,” Jack said, hanging up before Alf could say anymore.

Jack’s fears had all but been confirmed. Zoe had to be behind Martha’s disappearance. There was no other possible explanation for where she could be. He looked over toward the kitchen and his heart sank further. He walked over to the bench and picked up Martha’s engagement ring, still sitting there, wondering where she was and if she was okay.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like this story :)

Jack you gotta rescue Matha, Kim and Belle before Zoe does someting horrible! :(

(then he can be the hero of the day!).

Can't wait for next chap to see what Zoe and Jack do next.

update soon plz.

xSianx

Chapter Four

Peter had arrived at Jack’s place after receiving a frantic call from the young policeman, telling him that Martha was missing and he thought that Zoe might be responsible for it.

Jack handed Peter the note as soon as he had gotten inside. “It has to be Zoe, what other explanation could there be?” Jack asked.

“Are you sure Martha’s missing?” Peter questioned.

“Yes. I rang Alf’s, I rang Tasha & Robbie I even rang Leah’s. No one has seen her. There is no sign of her anywhere,” Jack answered, slightly annoyed at Peter’s question.

“It’s alright mate. I’m just going over everything,” Peter said. “So Martha’s missing. We know Zoe’s been here. I think you’re probably right the two are related.”

“So what are we going to do about it?” Jack asked, grabbing his jacket, ready to head out.

“Hold on a minute, Jack. The last thing we need to do is run out of here half cocked. We’ll get forensics to go over this place tomorrow, though I doubt they’ll find anything,” Peter told Jack trying to slow him down a bit.

The ironical thing about the situation wasn’t lost on Peter. Throughout this investigation, it had been Peter getting worked up about finding Zoe before anything happened, and Jack, along with Tracey Thompson, the Detective from the city, calming him down. But now the tables were reversed, though he didn’t blame the young constable.

“Tomorrow? We can’t wait that long. We have to find Martha now!” Jack yelled at Peter.

“I know that you’re scared Jack. But you need to calm down. There really there isn’t a lot we can do tonight,” Peter replied. “If I know Zoe, she’s already long gone. And we can’t afford to be going blind on this.”

“So what are you suggesting?” Jack asked, trying to take Peter’s advice.

“As impossible as this sounds, try and get some sleep,” Peter replied, the notion sounding ridiculous even to him. “And then first thing in the morning we’ll go over everything like a fine tooth comb. We’ll talk to everyone to see where and when she was last seen, and see if there is any hint of where Zoe might have taken her.”

“You really think I could get any sleep right now,” Jack asked incredulously.

“I know it’s hard, but it’s what both of us need. I’m not going to pull you from the case, even though I should, because I know you need to be involved right now. But the last thing I need is for you to be suffering from sleep deprivation as well as an emotional involvement in this case,” Peter explained. “So please take my advice and try and sleep. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

And with that Peter let himself out, leaving Jack alone in his house.

The Next Morning

Jack was in his kitchen, making himself a cup of coffee. Despite his best efforts, Jack had only managed to get an hour or two’s sleep. He’d been so worried and wound up he just hadn’t been able to.

He was brought out of his thoughts by a knock at the door. He walked over and answered it and found Rachel standing on the door step.

“Rachel. What are you doing here?” Jack asked.

“I’m looking for Kim, have you seen him?” enquired Rachel.

Jack couldn’t hold back a yawn. “Not for a couple of days actually.”

“No one seems to have. It’s like he’s disappeared off of the face of the earth,” Rachel replied.

That got Jack’s attention. “What do you mean no one’s seen him?”

“Just what I said. The last place I can place him was at the gym the night before last. You know when he was working late,” Rachel explained.

“You know you’re right. I haven’t seen him since before then. I guess I just assumed he was with you or something,” Jack replied. “I mean, he’s been really distant lately.”

“That’s okay. I wasn’t really sure he was missing either at first. But someone should have seen or heard from him by now,” Rachel said, clearly worried.

Then she looked at Jack properly for the first time since she had gotten there and realised how bad he looked. “No offence, Jack. But you aren’t looking so hot right now, is everything alright?”

That comment didn’t really surprise Jack, although he hadn’t looked in a mirror yet. “Not really,” was all he said.

Rachel frowned. “Jack, what’s going on?”

Jack hesitated, not sure if he should say anything or not. But in the end he felt like he had too. “Martha’s missing. And I think Zoe had something to do with it.”

“Oh my God. How is that possible?” Rachel asked.

Jack sat down on the couch. “I’m not sure. But she wasn’t here when I got home last night. And I couldn’t find her anywhere. And I found a note with Zoe’s catchphrase Tick Tock.”

Rachel sat down next to him. “That’s what the phone call last night was about?”

Jack nodded. Then his mind kicked back into gear. “And you said that Kim hasn’t been seen by anyone in over 24 hours.”

“That’s right. Wait you don’t think that Zoe’s involved do you?” Rachel asked, getting scared.

“I’m not sure. But he did have a relationship with her,” Jack replied, before realising he probably shouldn’t be talking about this with Rachel. “Look I really don’t know. But, either way can you keep this to yourself for the time being. I shouldn’t have even said anything to you.”

Rachel was stunned by the possibility that Zoe was involved. “Ah. Yeah, sure. But you will keep me informed won’t you?”

“I’ll try,” Jack said as he stood up. “I better go get ready for work.”

With that he went to get ready.

At the Beach House

Belle came down the stairs to the lounge room that morning, still in her pyjamas. She saw Irene in the kitchen who looked up when she heard Belle approaching.

“Hi, love. How are you this morning?” Irene asked compassionately. She knew what a hard time Belle was having.

Belle sat down in a stool next to the bench. “Okay, I guess.”

“You planning to get dressed, and oh I don’t know leave the house?” Irene enquired.

“And give the lynch mob a clear shot? I don’t think so,” Belle replied.

“You can’t stay inside here forever you know. You have to go out sometime,” Irene said.

“Why. I like it here,” Belle replied, looking down at the bench. That’s when she saw a familiar CD sitting on the bench. “Where did you find this?”

Irene looked over to see what Belle was referring too. “I was tidying up this morning and found that next to the stereo. I didn’t recognise it so I left it out to ask you kids about it.”

“It’s Ric’s,” Belle told her. “I’d borrowed it from him before everything had happened. You know, I’d forgotten I even had it.”

Irene looked at Belle who was staring sadly at the CD and her heart broke. “I’m sorry love.”

“Why? Everything that’s happened has been my fault. I’ve only got myself to blame,” Belle said, still looking at the CD. “I guess I should take this back to him.” Belle stood up to go get dressed.

“Love are you sure that’s a good idea?” Irene asked, worriedly.

“The best thing would be if he can make a clean break. That means he should get all his stuff back as soon as possible,” Belle explained. “Don’t worry I’ll be fine.”

At the Caravan Park

Belle walked up to the door, with the CD in her hand, stealing herself for the possibly tough confrontation she had in front of her. She planned to just drop it off and leave without delaying things with chatter.

When she got to the door, she found it closed, which usually meant no one was home. But just in case they had just closed it for some other reason she decided to knock. When she did, the door creaked a bit. It had been slightly opened after all.

She pushed on the door and it opened completely. “Hello,” she called out, walking slowly into the house. What she saw shocked her.

She was staring at a woman in front of the mantle piece, and the words Tick Tock sprayed on the wall. The place was trashed.

Eve stared at the young girl in shock, this wasn’t supposed to happen. They both stared at each other for a few seconds. And then Eve, the first to react, lunged at Belle. She pounced on Belle, before she could react.

The last thing Belle remembered was falling to the floor and everything going black.

How many are on that physco's hit list?!?! It's o.k though Kimmy, Mac and Belle. Detective Baker and constable Jack Holden are on the case! (they are never usually much help though lol *runs for cover*) That was a great chapter, please update soon.

Archived