Your First Relationship

Guest Cal

My first serious relationship was in Sixth Form, and lasted nearly 18 months. He was lovely, and I had such an amazing time with him. He wasn't the first guy I slept with and I wasn't his first girl, but part of me wishes he had been. We broke up because we knew we were going to different Universities, really far away from each other, and because there was so much going on we didn't think it was fair to us to drag it out. We didn't want to ruin the memories by having a really messy break-up.

We are still friends though, he knows way too much about me for us to fall out! When his Mum died a few months after we ended, I spent a lot of time with him - it was nice that I could be there for him even though we weren't together any more.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first serious relationship was in Sixth Form, and lasted bearly 18 months. He was lovely, and I had such an amazing time with him. He wasn't the first guy I slept with and I wasn't his first girl, but part of me wishes he had been. We broke up because we knew we were going to different Universities, really far away from each other, and because there was so much going on we didn't think it was fair to us to drag it out. We didn't want to ruin the memories by having a really messy break-up.

We are still friends though, he knows way too much about me for us to fall out! When his Mum died a few months after we ended, I spent a lot of time with him - it was nice that I could be there for him even though we weren't together any more.

That is nice that you can remain friends, and help each other out when needed. I am still mates with all my ex boyfriends, i think it is healthy to stay friends than enemies. As i feel your past experiences make up your character for life. If you have bitter feelings towards people it will show up later in life. I hope i make sense to you LOL.

I think so too Emma. When you share so much history and emotion with someone, it is such a shame to throw it away. That's why sometimes, especially when you are young, it is better to finish relationships before they get too ugly, otherwise you risk losing something important to you.

My first serious relationship ended in August last year, we were together for 4 years and a bit. He broke up with me after kicking me out of his house, that I paid rent for, and lied to my face.

I then found out after a few months, when my Dad was about to go in for a heart bypass, that he cheated on me with a girl from my basketball team and now they are together!!

To be honest, I hate him for what he did (and it does go deeper than that) and I don't think I ever want to see him again. I haven't seen him since though and am perfectly happy with that! He was my first, and the first I slept with and it hurt more than anything for him to just throw away our relationship like he did, after everything we had been through together and for all I did for him.

Hopefully one day I will meet someone whom I deserve and not settle for second best! Although I'm glad you guys have had good breakups, mine was a rollercoaster ride of hell!

Maybe one day I'll forgive him. :)

My first relationship was a load of crap.I meet him online due to my mate meeting him. I met him and went out for 8months.Lost my virginity to him because I thought he was the one.

He dumped me via text. After that he told me he was with someone else and engaged etc.. and then he said he wanted to be friends and see what happens to see if we get back together. Kept email and ringing me. Of course I was dumb enough to fall for it. So i decided to be friends, but now im with someone new who truly do love and he loves me we've been together 2 years and a half almost and live together and for the ex he does email me now and again but i ignore him and have changed my mobile number.

I have had a few, nothin majorly serious. Most people want a gf or bf just to validate themselves, i think thats pretty sad. You are you and if you think you must have a bf or gf to make you cool is very weak minded. Only be with someone if you truly care for them.

My first relationship lasted two years, but i knew for about three months that I wanted to finish it and it was horrendous when I finally did. He cried, and that made me feel sooo bad. But I was over it in about a week :D

Archived