Only You

Guest bay girl

Here’s a new chapter.

CHAPTER ELEVEN

“I’m so glad Kit has agreed to be a bridesmaid,” Martha told Tasha.

“Yeah, me too! I’m glad that both you and Kit have agreed,” Tasha exclaimed.

“Can you two please stop talking about the wedding? Even if it’s just for a minute. It’s the only thing you’ve talked about all day,” Robbie whinged.

“Your wedding is going to be the most important day of your life. Aren’t you excited? How can you not want to talk about it?” Martha asked, giving him a dirty look.

“I never said I wasn’t excited about it,” Robbie said defending himself. “I’m just saying that when you’ve got two girls constantly yakking about the same thing for hours on end; it gets boring,” he continued.

“He’s right,” Jack agreed, sticking up for his mate.

“Well, if you don’t like it; take a hike. The doors thatta way,” Martha said, pointing towards the door of the diner.

“Believe me, I would, but desserts on its way and there’s no way I’m missing out on that,” Robbie exclaimed, when he noticed Irene walking towards them with a tray.

“You are such a pig,” Tasha giggled.

“I love you too!” Robbie smiled sarcastically.

“Alright you two, stop your yapping. Get this into ya,” Irene said, placing the desserts in front of them.

“Yum Yum bubble gum,” Robbie chanted, while rubbing his stomach gleefully.

“Chocolate chip cheese cake, my favourite,” Martha sighed happily as she looked down at her plate. She’d been craving this since lunch, and she could not wait until it touched her lips. She picked up her spoon and dug it into her dessert. She lifted it to her mouth and quickly shovelled it in.

“Mmmm, and it never fails to please me,” she continued, while swallowing it down.

“Just like me,” Jack exclaimed from beside her.

Martha turned her head to look at Jack and smiled. “Just like you baby,” she said; leaning towards him and kissing him fully on the lips.

“Hey, no fair. I’m feeling neglected. I want a kiss with my dessert,” Robbie cried.

“Tasha……take care of it,” Martha shot out, and then went back to kissing Jack.

Tasha laughed and lent towards Robbie giving him a quick peck on the cheek.

Robbie smiled, but then noticed that Martha was still kissing Jack. “Okay, that’s enough. I’m trying to eat here,” he exclaimed.

Martha slowly pulled away and looked at Robbie. “I’m so sorry Mr Sooky pants,” she said sarcastically before looking back at Jack. “I’ll make it up to you later,” she smiled seductively at him.

“I’m looking forward to it,” Jack grinned.

“Ah guys, I hate to break up the band, but we have company,” Robbie exclaimed, indicating towards the door.

Martha looked up and groaned when she saw Megan walking towards them. “There goes what was left of my appetite,” she muttered under her breath.

Martha had only seen Megan a few times over the week, but that was already a few times too many. But Martha always made sure that she was polite. Well, except for that one day last week when she had kissed Jack just to **** her off.

“Hey guys, I hope I’m not interrupting,” Megan smiled at them when she reached the table.

“Hey,” they all said at the same time.

“Oh, congratulations by the way,” Megan said to Tasha and Robbie. “I heard that the two of you are getting married,” she continued.

“Thanks,” Tasha and Robbie said.

Megan then looked at Jack. “I just wanted to let you know that mum is bringing Gracie down for a few days tomorrow. What time can I bring her to see you?” she asked Jack.

Jack who was clearly not expecting any of this didn’t know what to say. “Um, I guess anytime would be fine,” he replied.

“Okay, well I’ll come round sometime after lunch then,” she said excitedly. “And Martha, I think you should be there aswell. I’m sure you’re going to be a big part of Gracie’s life in the future. I think it would be nice for you to get to know her,” she finished, sounding quite sincere.

Martha was shocked. She couldn’t believe that Megan had asked her to join them. Maybe Megan was okay after all. “Thanks. I’d like that,” Martha smiled at her.

“Cool. Well, I leave you guys to it. See ya tomorrow,” Megan waved, and walked out.

“That was weird,” Robbie exclaimed. “Was it just me or was she being way to nice?” he asked.

“It wasn’t just you mate,” Jack scoffed.

After dinner Martha and Jack made their way up to Martha and Alf’s apartment. They sat on the couch together watching TV. Alf was closing Noah’s, so he wouldn’t be home for awhile.

Martha had her head resting on Jack’s chest, and he was softly running his fingers through her hair. “Are you okay? You’ve been really quiet since we spoke to Megan,” Martha asked.

Jack sighed. “I guess I’m just nervous about tomorrow,” he said. “I don’t think I’m ready for this,” he continued.

Martha sat up quickly; curious to know what he meant by that. “What do you mean? Don’t you want to be a dad?” she questioned.

“No, I don’t,” he said honestly. “Not right now, anyway,” Jack told her.

Martha couldn’t help but feel disappointed, and she tried not to show it in her face. This just proved to her that she was doing the right thing by not telling Jack she was pregnant. He didn’t want to be a father.

“Of course I want to have kids in the future. But I just thought that those kids would be with you; not someone else,” Jack then explained.

Martha smiled softly at him. “Me too,” she said.

“You’re the best, you know that?” Jack said. “I’m so lucky to have you. I love that we can tell each other everything. And I know that you would never keep anything from me,” he kept on.

Martha felt so guilty. If only Jack knew that she was keeping something from him. She was keeping the biggest secret of all.

“Now, down in the diner earlier, you said something about making it up to me,” Jack spoke, interrupting Martha from her thoughts.

She looked up into his face and smiled. “Hmmm, thanks for reminding me,” she flirted.

Jack cupped her face in his hands, and lent down to kiss her. Martha wrapped her arms around Jack’s neck and lay back onto the couch with Jack’s lips following her down. She let herself get lost in his kisses and caresses, and eventually all her bad thoughts drifted away.

“I think I just heard Megan’s car pull up,” Lucas said.

Martha sat on the couch beside Jack; holding his hand. She looked at him; giving him a reassuring smile. She knew he was nervous about meeting his daughter for the first time.

“Are you ready mate?” Tony asked his son.

Jack sighed. “I have to be. I don’t have a choice,” he said standing up.

“Hey,” Megan’s cheerful voice called from the door.

“Come in Megan,” Tony invited her in.

Martha watched as Megan stepped into the house, carrying the little girl on her hip. “Everyone, this is Grace,” Megan smiled. Grace buried her head into her mothers chest; trying to hide. “Sorry, she’s a bit shy around people she’s never met,” Megan laughed, as she placed the small child on the floor.

Martha looked at Jack; he was still standing in the same spot. He obviously didn’t know what to say or do. “Go say hi,” Martha said, nudging him forward.

Jack slowly started shuffling towards Megan and Grace, and when he reached them, he got down on his knee so that he could look at Grace. “Hi,” he smiled at Grace.

“Gracie, this is your daddy,” Megan spoke softly to her daughter.

It was at this moment that Martha felt a pain in her heart. She had honestly thought that she was going to be okay, and she had accepted the fact that Jack was a father to another women’s child. But hearing Megan refer to Jack as Gracie’s daddy; it actually hurt. All the insecurities that she had felt the week before were now coming back in full force. But she had to stay strong. She had to keep up the happy façade.

“I’ll make us some coffees,” she offered.

“That would be great, thanks,” Megan smiled up at her.

“We will help you,” Tony suggested, and pulled Lucas towards the kitchen with him. “Give Jack some time alone with them”.

Martha sat at the kitchen bench with Tony and Lucas. They were all watching intently as Jack gently spoke to Grace. Megan had a huge grin on her face.

Martha looked at Grace; taking in her features. She was just like Megan; a spitting image of her. She had the same blonde hair, and bright green eyes. Martha tried to find a resemblance between her and Jack, but she couldn’t.

“She doesn’t really look like Jack, does she?” Tony said in a low voice, breaking her thoughts.

Martha smiled lightly at him. “I was just thinking the same thing. But not every kid has to look like their parents,” she started. “Grace obviously just takes after Megan’s side of the family,” she finished.

“How are you with all this?” Tony then asked, changing the subject.

“Yeah, this has to be pretty rough on you,” Lucas added.

“I’m okay. It is hard, but it’s just something that I’m going to have to accept,” Martha smiled weakly.

“If you ever need to talk, remember, we’re always here for you,” Tony exclaimed, patting her hand.

“Thanks,” Martha smiled.

Martha then heard a small giggle. She looked up and could see Jack tickling Grace. He’s going to be a great dad, Martha thought to herself.

Martha gently smoothed her hand down her stomach; over her own baby. She’d come to a decision; she was going to tell Jack. And it was going to be soon.

UPCOMING CHAPTER'S -

Who gets their heart broken?

Will Martha tell Jack about the baby?

Two more people find out about Martha’s pregnancy. Will they tell?

Martha has her first ultrasound.

Please review. Should i continue?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys. Here's the next chapter. Sorry it took so long. Hope you enjoy it.

CHAPTER TWELVE

After dinner that night Jack went straight to his room. Martha had noticed that he had hardly spoken since Megan and Grace had left. Tony had tried to speak to him about the visit; but Jack brushed him off and said that he didn't want to talk about it. Martha decided to give him some space, and chose to watch a dvd with Tony and Lucas. But now the movie had finished and Martha was starting to grow tired.

"I'm pretty tired, so i might head off," she said to Tony and Lucas. "I'll just pop in and say goodbye to Jack," she finished.

Tony and Lucas both smiled at her and then went back to watching a game of footy that had just started on TV. Martha walked towards Jack's bedroom and softly knocked on the door before entering.

Jack was lying on his bed, looking up at the ceiling. He rolled his head to the side and looked at Martha when she sat down next to him.

"I'm going to go now," she said softly; placing her hand on his stomach.

"Why?" Jack asked, sounding confused.

"I'm tired," she told him.

"I thought you were going to stay here tonight," Jack said, sitting up.

Martha sighed. "Well after today i figured that you would probably want some time alone. So i thought i should just go home," she said.

"No," Jack shook his head. "I really want you to stay. I'd feel better with you here," he explained. "Besides, i've been working alot this last week, so you haven't stayed here in ages," he kept on, trying to encourage her to stay.

Martha was worried about what would happen in the morning. She knew without a doubt that she would be sick, but she didn't want to let Jack down. So she agreed to stay. "Kay," she nodded.

"Good. Now, come here," Jack smiled, and fell onto his back; pulling Martha down beside him.

"Fine, but no funny business," Martha laughed as she rested her head on Jack's chest. "I was serious when I said that I was tired," she continued.

"No funny business," Jack promised.

"But before I go to sleep, I think we should talk about today," Martha said, turning serious.

Jack sighed. "There's nothing to talk about," he told her.

Martha sat up again; looking down at Jack. "You met your daughter for the first time today. Don't you have anything to say about that? I really think we should talk about it," she urged.

"I don't want too," Jack exclaimed, starting to get frustrated.

"Jack, you can't kee....," she started, but Jack cut her off.

"I said No," he snapped at her.

Martha stared at Jack in shock. He hadn't gotten angry at her like that since before they had gotten together. She didn't know how to take it, so she stood up and took a step back away from him.

"Um, i'm gonna go," she stammered, trying not to show him that she was upset.

Jack immediately felt guilty. He couldn't believe that he had just snapped at her like that. And he had obviously hurt her feelings; he could tell by the look on her face.

"Martha, wait. I'm sorry," Jack jumped up quickly, taking Martha's hand and pulling her towards him. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have snapped at you. You didn't deserve it," he apologised.

"Don't worry about it," Martha muttered, not looking at him.

"Hey," Jack said softly, cupping her face in his hands; making her look at him. "I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to upset you," he apologised again.

"I just wanted to know how you were feeling about Grace and Megan's visit. You've been quiet all afternoon and night. I'm just worried," Martha explained.

"I know you're worried. But I honestly don't know how i'm feeling. But when I do; you'll be the first person I speak too," Jack said. Martha didn't say anything, she just nodded.

"Please don't go," Jack then said. "I really want you to stay".

Martha nodded again, and then walked over to Jack's chest of drawers. "I'm going to put my PJ's on," she told him, pulling out a spare pair of pajama's that she had left there. "Then I'm going to sleep," she said, walking towards the door so that she could go to the bathroom.

When she brushed past Jack, he grabbed her and put his arms around her waist; holding her close to his body. "Are you mad at me?" he asked.

"No," she smiled at him. Jack smiled back at her, before kissing her softly.

The next morning Martha lay in Jack's bed clutching her stomach. She was silently willing away the urge to spew. She had felt pretty good when she had first woken up, but now she wasn't feeling so good. Jack was already up, and she could hear him singing to himself out in the kitchen. Tony and Lucas had already left for school.

"Good morning," Jack called as he walked into his room.

Martha looked up at him and smiled. "Morning," she said to him as she sat up.

"I brought you a cup of coffee," Jack said as he sat down next to her.

Martha gagged at the smell of the strong coffee, and held her hand up to her mouth. "Ah, no thanks. I couldn't possibly drink that," she told him while pushing his hand holding the coffee away.

"Are you okay?" Jack asked, looking concerned.

"Yeah, just feel a bit off today. Nothing to worry about," she smiled. "Just get that coffee away from me. The smell of it makes me want to gag," she continued.

"Sorry," Jack laughed, as he placed the coffee on the nightstand beside his bed. "Oh my poor baby feels sick. Is there anything i can do to make you feel better," he asked, wiggling his eyebrows at her and moving in closer so he could kiss her neck.

"Is that all you ever think about?" Martha giggled as Jack teased her neck with his lips.

"Hey, it's not my fault that my girlfriend is a total babe," Jack protested.

"Right," Martha smiled as she looked him straight in the eye. "Sorry, but i don't think i have enough energy to fool around right now. Maybe later," she promised. "But there is actually something i want to tell you," she said to him.

"What is it?" Jack asked.

She was going to tell him about the baby. She couldn't keep it from him any longer. "Well......," she started, but was cut off by Jack's phone ringing. "Hold that thought," Jack shot out, and raced out to the kitchen were he had left his phone.

Martha sighed. She was scared. Scared of Jack rejecting her. Scared of Jack getting angry. But she had to tell him. He had a right to know. She waited a few minutes before Jack came back into the room.

"Sorry, but that was McGrath. I have to go into work for a few hours. There's some stupid meeting i have to attend," he told her.

Martha tried not to look disappointed. "It's okay," she said.

"I have to go now," Jack started. "I'll call you when i finish, okay. I love you," he said, leaning down and kissing her quickly.

"Love you too," Martha called as Jack left the room.

"Damn it," she muttered, after Jack had left. She'd finally gotten the courage to tell Jack; but now the moment had been ruined. She'd have to prepare herself all over again. Just great, she thought to herself.

After Martha had a shower and got dressed, she decided to go for a walk on the beach. Some fresh air would do her good. She needed to clear her head and prepare herself for the conversation that she was going to have with Jack once he got home. So many thoughts were going through her head. She didn't know if Jack would be happy about the baby, or if he even wanted another baby right now.

In the distance Martha noticed Megan and Grace playing in the sand. She also noticed another women with them; whom she guessed was Megan's mother. Martha started to turn so that she could walk in the other direction, but she was stopped by Megan calling her name. Martha watched as Megan made her way towards her.

"Hey," Martha said when she reached her. "Is that your mum?" she asked, pointing at the lady playing with Grace.

"Yeah it is," Megan replied. "So, where's Jack today?" she then questioned.

"He had a meeting at work that he had to attend," Martha told her.

"Oh. Well since i've got you alone; there's something i want to talk to you about," Megan said.

"Sure," Martha smiled.

Megan let out a small sigh before beginning. "I think it's safe to say that we don't like each other very much," she spat out.

At first Martha looked at her in surprise, but then she smiled a little. "Finally it's out in the open,"she said, agreeing with Megan.

"Look, i'm going to get straight to the point. I want Jack to be a family with me and Grace. But that's not going to happen with you hanging around all the time," Megan started. "So, we have two choices here. One; you can end your relationship with Jack, or two; I'll make Jack choose between you and Grace," she finished.

Martha was in shock. She couldn't believe that Megan would actually stoop this low just to get Jack.

"You can't be serious," Martha glared at her.

"Oh, i'm very serious," Megan said. "I want what's best for my daughter. And i think we both know that Jack's not the type of man to abandon his child," she kept on.

"You can't do this. You're being unfair," Martha exclaimed.

Megan laughed a little. "Life's always unfair. Now, you're going to lose Jack either way, so which way do you want to do this?" she smiled.

"I'm not doing it. I love Jack, and i'm not giving him up," Martha told her.

"For godsakes Martha. Jack will not choose you over Grace. She's his daughter, and he won't abandon her," Megan snapped.

"Jack can be a part of Grace's life, and be with me at the same time," Martha stated.

"Incase you hadn't realised, i want Jack aswell," Megan said smartly. "Now, if you break up with Jack; you won't have to go through the pain of him choosing Grace over you. I'm giving you an easy way out," she said.

"You're unbelievable. And you make me sick," Martha hissed at her.

"Look at my daughter. She deserves to have a father. Don't take that right away from her," Megan exclaimed, looking down the beach at her daughter.

Martha looked at Grace playing further up in the sand. Megan was right; the little girl needed her father. And Martha couldn't stand in the way of that. This was one of the hardest decisions that Martha had ever made in her life. She loved Jack more than life; but she needed to put that little girls needs ahead of her own.

"Fine. I'll do it," Martha cried. She then turned around and walked away before bursting into tears.

Megan walked back towards her daughter and mother with a huge grin plastered across her face. She couldn't believe how easy it was to convince Martha to break up with Jack. She knew Martha was heartbroken; she could tell from the look in her eyes. But Megan didn't care whose feelings got hurt; she just cared about Grace and Jack.

"Who was that girl?" her mother asked when she got back.

"Oh, nobody important. Just some girl i met the other day," Megan explained.

"She seemed a bit upset," her mother exclaimed.

Megan nodded. "Yeah, she was just telling me that she and her boyfriend were going to break up," Megan said.

"Poor thing," her mum sighed.

"Mhmmmmmmm," Megan pretended to agree. She thought about Jack. Now all she had to do was win him over. Hopefully it would be easy.

NEXT CHAPTER-

Will Martha break Jack's heart?

Martha tells someone else that she's pregnant. But who?

Hey all. New chapter here. Hope you like it.

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Martha stood at the front door of Jack's house; getting ready to enter. She'd spent the last few hours preparing herself for this moment. She still couldn't believe what she was about to do. It pained her to know that she was about to hurt someone she loved deeply. And the fact that the person was Jack; made her hurt even more. She didn't want to do it. She didn't want to leave him.

Martha took one last deep breath, and walked into the house. Jack was sitting at the kitchen table reading the newspaper. When he saw Martha he stood up and smiled.

"Hey," he said, and kissed her on the cheek.

"Hey," she smiled lightly. Jack immediately sensed that something was not right.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"No, not really," she replied.

"What's wrong?" Jack questioned.

This is it, Martha thought to herself. I'm about to hurt him, and break my own heart along the way.

"I think we should take a break," she stammered.

Jack just looked at her in shock. He didn't know what to say to that. He wasn't expecting her to say that. He felt like he had just been punched in the stomach.

"I'm sorry. But did you just say that you want to break up?" he finally spoke.

Martha didn't say anything. She just nodded.

Jack moved closer to her and clasped her hands in his. "What? Why?" he asked, starting to get upset.

"I just think it would be best if we take a break for a while," she told him.

"Is this because I snapped at you last night? I said I was sorry. I didn't mean it," Jack exclaimed.

Martha shook her head. "No, that's not it. You haven't done anything wrong," she said.

"Then why do you want to break up?" Jack started. "Is it because you don't love me anymore?" he continued; his eyes starting to shine with tears.

Martha looked into his face. She hated seeing him like this. And now he thinks that I don't love him.

"Of course i still love you. I love you more than anything," she reassured him.

"Then why the hell are you doing this?" Jack demanded.

Martha couldn't hold in the tears any longer. She didn't like to cry in front of Jack; but at this moment, she couldn't help it.

"Please don't make this harder than it already is," she cried, letting the tears fall down her cheeks.

"I'm just tring to understand why you're doing this," Jack began. "We have something great, and you're trying to ruin it," he continued.

"You have a child now Jack. You need to make her your top priority," Martha explained.

"Wait, you're doing this because of Grace? That's crazy," Jack exclaimed.

"I better go," Martha then said. She needed to get out of there before she completely broke down.

"Martha, please don't do this. I need you," Jack cried as he grabbed hold of Martha's arm and pulled her to him. "Don't destroy what we have together".

Jack's arms around her were so warm, strong and comforting; and Martha was finding it hard having to pull away and leave him. If she didn't do it now, she never would.

"Can you not touch me, please. I can't break up with you while you're touching me," Martha cried harder.

"Well, i won't let you go then," Jack whispered into her hair while pulling her into a tighter embrace.

Martha eventually pulled away from his grasp and started backing away towards the door.

"Don't," Jack pleaded one last time.

"It might not be forever," Martha promised him through her tears.

Then she moved foward quickly; cupping his face in her hands. "I'm sorry," she whispered, and captured his lips within hers for a deep, lingering and passionate kiss. They both hoped that it wouldn't be for the last time.

Jack slowly pulled away and looked deep into Martha's eyes. "I love you more than anything else in the world, Okay," he said softly. "You're the one I love. Don't ever doubt that," he finished.

Martha nodded. "I love you too," she said back to him. Then she pulled away and ran out the door.

Jack stood and looked at the door for a few minutes; hoping that Martha would be back any minute saying that it was just a joke.

But she didn't.

Martha rushed down the hall towards the apartment that Tasha and Robbie shared. She needed to tell someone what she had just done. And she needed to tell someone about the baby. The only person she could even think about telling was Tasha. She just hoped that Tasha was already home from school, and that she was alone.

She knocked on the door and waited; while sobbing uncontrolably to herself. A few moments later a smiling Tasha answered the door. But as soon as she saw the state that Martha was in, she started frowning.

"Martha, what's wrong? Has something happened?" Tasha started asking questions while she pulled Martha into the apartment.

"Is Robbie here?" Martha asked in a hushed voice.

"No, he's gone to see Beth. Now, tell me what's wrong," Tasha said again, and sat Martha down on the couch.

"You were right the other day," Martha sobbed.

Tasha was confused. She didn't know what Martha was talking about. "What do you mean?" she asked Martha.

"You asked me if I was pregnant. I said I wasn't. But I lied," Martha answered. "That's why I've been sick. And that's why I collapsed at Noah's last week," she continued.

"You're having a baby," Tasha stated, a grin starting to appear on her face. Martha nodded.

"When did you find out? How far along are you?" Tasha started throwing more questions at her.

"I'm three months along already. And i've known about it for nearly two months," Martha told her; still crying.

"Two months," Tasha practically yelled. "I can't believe that you and Jack have kept it to yourselves for so long," Tasha exclaimed.

At the mention of Jack's name, Martha started crying again.

"Wait, are you crying because you're pregnant?" Tasha asked.

"No," Martha shook her head. "I've just done something really stupid," she continued.

"What is it?" Tasha urged.

"I just broke up with Jack, and he doesn't even know about the baby yet," Martha cried.

Tasha looked at Martha; shocked. "Your pregnant. Jack doesn't know yet, and you just broke up with him," Tasha stated. "Are you crazy?"

"It's complicated. I've tried to tell him so many times, and then Megan turned up with Grace. Everything has just gone so wrong," Martha told her.

"I totally forgot about Grace," Tasha sighed.

"He's only just got Grace, and i don't want to have to load another kid onto him so soon. He's already stressed enough as it is. I don't want to make it worse," Martha explained.

"I guess I can understand why you haven't told him you're pregnant yet, but why in the world would you break up with him? I thought you loved Jack," Tasha wanted to know.

"I do love him. But there's a little girl out there who needs her dad.," Martha began. "Jack needs time to get to know her a bit more. I think it would just be better if I took a step back for a while," she finished. She decided not to mention Megan. There was no point in bringing her into the conversation.

"You're sacrificing your own happiness for Grace? That's really nice. But what about your baby?" Tasha questioned.

"My baby won't be here for another six months. I'll be fine," Martha reassured her.

"You need to tell Jack. He deserves to know," Tasha tried to convince her.

"No, I can't. Not yet anyway," Martha shot out. "You have to promise me that you won't tell anyone. Not even Robbie," Martha begged.

Tasha hated lying. Especially to Robbie. But Martha was her best friend.

"Please," Martha begged again.

Tasha nodded. "Okay. But you have to tell Jack soon," she promised.

"You're the best," Martha thanked her.

Jack was sitting on the couch drinking a beer when his father got home. This was his third beer already, and he wasn't planning on stopping anytime soon.

"What's the occasion?" Tony asked him, when he noticed the empty bottles lying on the floor.

"Martha dumped me," Jack replied.

"What? Are you serious?" Tony was shocked.

"Yep. Bout an hour ago," Jack slurred a little.

"Mate, I'm so sorry," Tony said, sitting down next to him on the couch. "Can I ask why?"

Jack shrugged. "She said something about having to make Grace my top priority now. She doesn't want to get in the way, or some crap like that," Jack explained.

"But that doesn't mean that you have to break-up," Tony said.

"That's what I said to her, but she wouldn't listen," Jack growled. "Then she started crying, and then she left," he kept on.

"You need to understand that this stuff with Megan and Grace is probably taking it's toll on her," Tony started. "The poor thing has just found out that you have a child with another women. You can't expect her to just except that straight away," he finished.

"I know that," Jack snapped at his father. "Why did she have to destroy everything we had together. I love her so much, and now she's just........gone," he said.

"Look, just give her some time. I know that Martha loves you. You'll be back together in no time," Tony tried to reassure his son.

"I hope so," Jack paused. "It's only been an hour and I miss her already," he said truthfully.

"I guess that's how it is when you're in love," Tony stated. "Now, why don't you put down that beer, and I'll get you a coffee," he offered.

Jack shook his head. "Na, I don't think so," he exclaimed and took another mouthful from the bottle. The beer helped numb the pain that he felt in his heart, and it helped take his mind off Martha. The more; the better.

Tony sighed and walked off to the kitchen. He flicked the kettle on anyway; just in case.

NEXT CHAPTER- Martha has her first ultrasound, and yet another person finds out about the baby. But who?

Hey guys. New chapter is up.

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Martha let out a huge sigh. It was the next morning and she was sitting down on the beach; looking out over the water. It was beautiful. She had hoped that going for a walk along the beach would take her mind off Jack. But it only made her think about him more. And she'd had a really restless night because all she could think about was him.

She kept thinking about how she had ruined their relationship. She still couldn't believe that she had broken up with him. Everytime she closed her eyes she would see the look of hurt and sadness on his face. And it would always make her cry. She just wanted to run back to him and pretend like it never happened.

Martha looked at her watch and realised that it was nearly eleven o'clock. She stood up and started walking up the beach. She was having her first ultrasound at Twelve o'clock, and Tasha was taking the day off school just so she could go with her. Martha was actually pretty excited about it. She was going to see her baby for the first time.

Martha was in such a deep thought that she didn't even realise that Jack was coming towards her. But when she did see him, she noticed that he looked like crap, and he looked as though he hadn't slept much.

"Hey," Jack said when he reached her.

"Hi," Martha said back in a small voice.

They just stood and looked at each other for a little while, but Jack was the one who broke the silence.

"This is so stupid. Why can't we just be together?" he said to her.

"Jack, we went through this yesterday," Martha groaned.

"Yeah, and the reason you gave me for wanting to break-up is absolute crap," Jack started. "I can be a part of Grace's life and still be with you at the same time. So I don't understand what the problem is," he continued.

"Please don't do this Jack. I've made up my mind, and you need to except that," Martha cried.

"I'm sorry, but I can't except it. I couldn't even get any sleep last night because all I could think about was you," Jack practically yelled. "Look at me. I look like total crap. I'm going crazy," he explained.

"This is hard for me too, okay. I want nothing more than for us to be together. Because I love; I really do," Martha started to sob. "But at the moment we just can't be together. I've made my decision, so just leave it," she finished before running off.

"Martha, wait," Jack called out.

But she ignored him and kept going.

Megan smiled to herself. From what she just saw; Jack and Martha were no longer together. What a shame, she laughed to herself sarcastically.

"This is so exciting," Tasha exclaimed. She was sitting next to Martha, who was lying up on a hospital bed, having gel spread over her stomach.

"Good god, that's cold," Martha gasped, refering to the gel.

"Sorry about that," Dr Morgan laughed. Martha smiled at her Doctor. She seemed like a nice lady.

"Ok Martha, are you ready to see your baby?" Doctor Morgan asked.

"Yep," Martha nodded as she looked at Tasha.

"Let's get going then," the Doctor said, reaching over and turning the screen on. "Ok, so i've just spread the gel over your stomach. The gel allows the ultrasound waves to pass from the probe into the body," she explained.

Dr Morgan then gently placed the probe onto Martha's stomach and started gliding it across her skin. Martha kept her eyes glued to the screen. She didn't want to miss a thing.

"And there it is," the Doctor announced as an image appeared on the screen.

"Oh my god," Martha said in a hushed voice.

Seeing the baby on the screen made everything seem so real now. There was another human being growing inside of her.

"That's amazing," Tasha sighed from beside Martha. "Look Mac, it's your baby," she said, holding onto Martha's hand.

"Seeing that makes me realise that this actually happening. I'm having a baby," Martha exclaimed.

"It can be pretty overwhelming, can't it?" Doctor Morgan grinned.

Martha suddenly thought of Jack. She wished he was here to see it. To see their child. Of course, she was the one to blame for him not being there. She was the one who decided not to tell him.

"Now, you're only twelve weeks into the pregnancy, so it's not very big. But its' still there," the Doctor started to speak. "And I'm very happy to say that everything looks fine. I don't see any problems whatsoever," she told Martha.

"Are you sure?" Martha asked her. "Yes, i'm positive. But just make sure you take care of yourself," the Doctor reassured her.

"Thank you," Martha smiled at her. This baby was her whole world now, and she just wanted to make sure that everything was running smoothly.

Martha stood down at the waters edge; letting the water lap around her feet. She looked at the ultrasound photo in her hand and smiled. She still couldn't believe that the tiny image on the photo was a baby, and that it was growing inside of her.

She had a sudden urge to just run to Jack's and show him the life that they had created together. But she couldn't do it. Not right now anyway.

"Looks like it's just going to be me and you for a while, little baby," she cried a bit, as she rubbed her stomach.

"You're pregnant?" a voice sounded directly from behind her. Martha paused on the spot. Oh crap, she thought to herself.

Martha spun around and came face to face with Lucas. "Hey," she smiled lightly at him.

"You're pregnant?" Lucas asked again.

Martha just looked at him. She had just been busted big time, and she didn't know what to say to him.

"I'll take the silence as a yes. Of course, there is also the fact that I just saw you talking to your stomach, and you refered to it as a baby," Lucas exclaimed.

"Yes. Fine, I'm pregnant," Martha confessed.

"Oh my god. Does Jack know?" Lucas asked.

Martha shook her head. "No, not yet," she told him.

"I'm guessing you only just found out today. I doubt you would have broken up with Jack if you already knew," Lucas presumed.

Martha looked away from him; feeling a little ashamed. "Actually, i've known for a while," she said.

"How long?" Lucas demanded.

"Nearly two months," she said softly.

"Two months? How far along are? Does anybody else know?" Lucas fired questions at her.

"I'm three months along. And the only people who know are Flynn and Tasha," Martha explained to him.

"We need to tell Jack," Lucas stated.

"No, we can't. I'm not ready to yet," Martha started to panic a little bit.

"He's my brother Martha. I can't hide something like this from him," Lucas said.

"Please," Martha begged. "I just need some more time. And besides, he doesn't need this to worry about right now. He has Grace to worry about. And you know how stressed he's been about that lately. I don't want to make it worse. Luc, i'm begging you. Please just keep it to yourself," Martha continued

"Fine. But i don't like it one bit," Lucas sighed.

"Thank you so much," Martha pulled him into a big hug.

"Oh god, what am I getting myself into?" Lucas muttered as he hugged her back.

"I really appreciate you doing this for me. I love you and I owe you big time," Martha said.

"Yeah, yeah," Lucas mumbled.

"You wanna go for a walk?" Martha laughed.

"Yep, sure," Lucas nodded and picked up his school bag from where he had dropped it. They walked in silence for a few moments before Lucas started speaking again.

"Jack's pretty messed up, you know. He's taking the break-up really hard. I suppose he thought that the two of you were going to be together forever," he told Martha.

"I saw him this morning, and he didn't look too good," Martha said.

"I don't think he got any sleep last night and he was up for ages drinking beer. Dad kept telling him to stop but he wouldn't listen. I've ever seen him like this before," Lucas explained.

"It's really hard for me too! I love Jack so much, and it's hard having to stay away from him. I know it's only been 24 hours, but I already miss him like crazy," Martha began. "But, i'm sticking with my decision. He needs to make Grace his top priority at the moment, and I don't want to get in the way of that," she finished.

"Jack loves you," Lucas told her. "What he feels for you; he's never felt for anyone".

"Yeah, I know he does," Martha nodded. "Look, I told Jack that it wasn't going to be forever. He knows that I love him. And when the time is right; hopefully we will be together again," she kept on.

Martha hoped and prayed that that day would be soon. Because she really didn't know how much longer she could stay apart from him. It already hurt too much.

NEXT CHAPTER - It's Lucas's birthday, and Martha and Megan get a bit nippy with each other.

Hey another chapter here. Nothing very interesting in this one. Just a bit of a filler chapter i guess.

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

ONE WEEK LATER.

It was Lucas's 17th birthday, and he had decided to have a small dinner with his family and a few close friends. Martha wasn't going to attend because she had found out that Megan was going to be there. Martha didn't think she would be able to stand being in the same room as her for very long. But Lucas had talked her into going.

Martha had talked to Lucas quite openly about her dislike for Megan, and it seemed that Lucas had never liked her much either. He had always thought that she sneaky and conniving. Lucas was just happy that he found another person who disliked her as much as he did. And it made him even happier that he now had Martha to help him diss Megan openly in public. Martha couldn't help but laugh at that thought.

She walked up to the front door and was about to knock when suddenly Jack appeared in front of her. "I thought i heard you car pull up. Come in," he said.

Martha smiled shyly at him. "Thanks," she said as she squeezed past him and walked into the lounge room.

Martha had tried her hardest to avoid Jack this past week. But it had been very hard. Especially since they both liked to hang out at the same places and shared the same friends. Jack had approached her a few times and asked if they could talk. Martha always said no, and besides, she knew where them talking would end; in the bedroom.

Martha looked around the room to see who was there. Robbie and Tasha were talking with Tony. Matilda, Cassie, Ric and Belle were playing around with the CD player, and Lucas was standing at the kitchen bench looking at his presents with Beth and Megan.

Martha walked around the room and quickly said hello to everyone, and then made her way over to Lucas. "Happy Birthday Luc," she smiled and gave him a kiss on the cheek and pulled him into a hug.

"Thanks, I'm glad you came," he hugged her back.

"I have a gift for you, but I want to give it to you later when there aren't as many people around, okay," Martha told him.

"Why? Is it dirty?" Megan joked.

Martha gave a her a look. "No," she stated simply.

"Martha, do you want a beer?" Tony called from the fridge.

"No thanks," she replied. She really wished she could have a beer. But beer was a big no no now that she was pregnant.

"Since when do you pass up a beer?" Tony laughed.

"Oh. Um, I just don't really feel like drinking tonight," Martha stammered.

"How about a glass of this amazing non alcoholic punch that Beth has made?" Megan asked.

Lucas looked at Martha and rolled his eyes as he leaned in close to whisper in her ear. "She's been sucking up to everyone since she got here," he said.

Martha let out a small laugh and then looked back at Megan. "Thanks, I'd love one," she replied to her offer.

"So Martha, I heard that you and Jack broke up. I couldn't believe it when he told me. I was so shocked," Megan smiled knowingly at her.

"I'm sure you were," Martha scoffed as she walked off.

Martha walked across the room so she could talk to Cassie. On the way she looked at Jack. He was deep in conversation with Rob and Tasha. He suddenly looked up and caught Martha watching him. She held his gaze for a little while, but eventually looked away.

Martha stood in the corner talking quietly with Tasha and Lucas.

"Why do I have this sudden urge to just go out and key her car," Martha growled. Megan was really starting to grate on her nerves. She kept making smart comments, and was sucking up to everyone. And to top it off, she trying to make Martha jealous by flirting with Jack. But Martha wasnt worried; Jack wasn't paying much attention to Megan anyway.

"Just ignore her. She's doing it on purpose and she knows that she's getting to you," Tasha said quietly.

"I know what would shut her up," Lucas whispered. "Tell her that you're pregnant. I can just imagine the look on her face now," he smiled as he looked lovingly off into space.

"Snap out of it," Martha slapped his arm. "I can't tell her that," she hissed.

"But you do need to tell Jack soon," Tasha said.

"Yeah, I know," Martha sighed. She she went to speak again but Lucas shushed her. Jack was coming towards them

"What are you three whispering about?" Jack asked.

"Nothing," they all spat out at the same time.

"Right," he looked at them suspiciously. "Anyways, dinner's almost ready," he told them.

"Great, I'm starving. I could totally eat a horse," Martha exclaimed before walking away.

Martha looked around the table; watching everyone chat happily amongst themselves. Tony had borrowed one of the large outside tables from the diner; just so there would be enough room for everybody to sit. Martha was sitting between Belle and Tasha, and unfortunately, Megan had managed to squeeze herself in next to Jack.

Megan had thrown Martha dirty looks all throughout the meal, and she was constantly touching Jack. It was really starting to **** her off.

"Beth, this potato salad is really good. The best i've ever had," Megan commented.

And so continues the sucking up, Martha thought to herself. She didn't want to listen to anymore of that girls crap, so she turned to Tasha and started talking to her instead.

"Where's Kit? I thought she was coming tonight," Martha asked her. Kit had arrived in the bay a couple days before hand. Tasha had begged her to come down from the city just so that the three of them could go shopping for the wedding and bridesmaid dresses.

"She offered to help Kim and Alf at Noah's tonight," Tasha told her.

"Oh," Martha said, looking over at Megan again. From what she could gather, Beth had just asked Megan something about her job.

"Oh, it's a long story," Megan laughed.

"Well, I don't want to hear a long story unless there's a Kennedy involved," Robbie stated.

"Robbie," Beth scolded.

"What?" Robbie laughed, looking around innocently. "I was just saying," he said.

"So, Megan. You've known the Holden's for a while then?" Beth asked, still giving Robbie a dirty look.

"Yes, Jack went to school with my brother," Megan started to explain. "And Tony teached P.E at my school. He was always the cool teacher, and not to mention the best father. Just like Jack will be," she smiled.

That was it. Martha couldn't take anymore.

"Oh my god. Are your lips not chapped from all the ass kissing?" Martha exclaimed outloud.

Belle, who had just taken a sip of her drink, was now spraying it down the front of Ric's shirt. Robbie was choking on a piece of meat, and Lucas, Matilda and Cassie were covering their mouths; trying to stifle their laughs. Martha was sure that she even saw a small smile appear on Jack's face. Everybody else just sat there, not knowing what to do. But Megan was giving Martha the biggest death stare that she had ever recieved.

"That," Belle began, while wiping the dripping soft drink from her chin. "Has got to be the funniest thing I have ever heard you say," she continued to laugh while she spoke to Martha.

Martha looked around at the group; some of which, were still laughing to themselves. "Sorry," Martha apologised to them all, and looked away while taking a big gulp of her own drink.

"Okay," Tony said, standing up. "Who wants a piece of cake?" he asked, wanting a change of subject.

"I'll give you a hand," Martha offered and followed him into the kitchen.

"Tony, I'm really sorry about before," Martha apologised once they were out of ear shot.

"Hey, don't worry about it," Tony fobbed it off.

"No, I shouldn't have said anything to her. I guess everything that has happened over the last two weeks has finally gotten to me," Martha explained to him.

"Really, it's okay. Besides, you gave the kids a bit of a laugh," Tony laughed himself.

"I guess I did," Martha laughed along with him. "Especially Belle".

Tony and Martha started cutting up the cake and were soon joined by Jack and Megan. Megan coughed a little, trying to get Martha's attention.

Martha looked up at her. "Yes," she said.

"I was just wondering why all your hostility is being aimed at me," Megan questioned. "What did I ever do to you?" she then asked.

"Excuse me," Martha scoffed.

"I know," Lucas said, walking in on the conversation. "You're a pain in the ass," he told Megan.

"Lucas, stop it," Tony ordered.

"What is going on with you two?" Jack asked, looking at Megan and then at Martha.

"Nothing," Martha replied.

"Well stop nipping at each other then. It's getting old," Jack snapped..

Martha looked away and started rubbing her temple; she had a headache coming on. "You okay love?" Tony asked.

"I've just got a bit of a headache coming on, that's all," Martha told him.

"Do you want a panadol?" he then asked.

Martha laughed a little. "What I really need is a sedative," she muttered. And right now she really did wish she had one. Atleast she'd be in a happy place.

"Go and sit down. I'll bring you over a piece of cake," Lucas offered.

"Yeah, thanks," Martha said, and walked off.

"Is she okay?" Jack asked, sounding concerned. "She's been like this for awhile now," he worried.

"Ah yeah, she's fine," Lucas shot out. He grabbed a piece of cake and walked off quickly.

That was weird, Jack thought to himself.

Later that night, Martha and Lucas sat on the couch talking quietly. Beth, Matilda and Megan were still there, but everybody else had already gone home. After all, it was a school night.

"So, have you decided when you're going to tell Jack about the baby?" Lucas asked her.

"I'm not sure. Maybe sometime over the next few days," she told him.

Lucas sighed. "Good, because I don't think I can keep it to my self for much longer," he exclaimed.

"Keep what to yourself?" Jack asked as he plonked himself down next to Lucas.

Martha looked at Lucas, and then they looked at Jack. "Um, nothing," they told him at the same time. "Nothing," Martha added again.

Jack laughed. "Oh right, the nothing game again," he said sarcastically.

"Oh, I have to give you your present," Martha shot out; wanting to change the subject.

"Why do I even try?" Jack muttered to himself.

Martha heard what Jack said and laughed. "I don't know," she smiled at him. He looked back at her and gave her the famous Jack Holden smile. Realising she was getting lost in the moment, Martha shook her head and quickly looked away.

She picked up her bag and pulled out the wrapped present and handed it to Lucas.

"Thanks," he smiled and started opening it. "Oh my god. I love it. Thank you so much," Lucas exclaimed.

It was a black leather diary with his full name engraved in gold onto the front cover.

"Well, when we were having our little chat the other day, you mentioned that you needed to get a new diary soon. So I thought that I'd by you one for your birthday," Martha started to explain. "And then I thought that I'd make it a bit more special by getting your name engraved on it. Oh, and your name has been printed on the bottom of every page," she finished.

"It's the best present I've ever gotten. Thank you," Lucas pulled her into a tight hug. "Your welcome," Martha hugged him back.

"That's a beautiful gift, and very thoughtful," Beth commented.

"Well, I know how much he likes to write in his diary," Martha told them.

"Thanks again," Lucas smiled.

"Well it's getting late, so I better head off," Martha said, looking at her watch.

"I'll walk you to your car," Tony offered. Martha said goodbye to everyone and walked outside with Tony. But not before getting one last death stare from Megan.

Tony and Martha slowly made their way to her car. "That was a really nice present. It means a lot to Lucas. I think I may have even saw a tear," Tony said.

Martha laughed a little. "Well Lucas has been a really great friend, especially over the last week. I wanted to do something nice for him," she told him.

"Well, I really appreciate it," he started. "Look, I know things are a bit complicated at the moment, but I really hope that you and Jack can work things out. He really loves you, and Lucas and I love having you around aswell," Tony said honestly.

Martha nodded. "I better go," she said.

Tony stood on the sidewalk and waited until Martha's car disappeared in th dark. He really hoped that things would work out for Martha and his son. He hated seeing Jack so down. And he knew that the only person that could make Jack happy was Martha. He just hoped that Martha knew that.

NEXT CHAPTER - Martha makes a decision. And things heat up. But for who?

This chapter contains some material that may not be suitable for younger readers.

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

"Where's dad?" Jack asked Lucas when he arrived home from work the next night.

"He went to see a movie with Beth," Lucas replied, not taking his eyes off the TV. "There's some dinner for you in the fridge if you want it," he then said.

"I'm not really that hungry," Jack said as he sat down next to Lucas. "Lucas, is everything okay?" he then asked.

Lucas looked at him; confused. "Yeah, why wouldn't it be?"

Jack sighed. "You've been acting a bit weird over the last week," he said.

"What? No, I haven't," Lucas looked back at the TV.

"Yes, you have. And what was with you and Martha last night? You were always whispering to each other," Jack started. "And everytime I asked what was going on, one of you would always change the subject, and walk off. It was weird," he finished.

"Nothing is wrong," Lucas lied.

"It's like the two of you have a secret or something. I don't like it," Jack stated.

"Jack, will you relax? You're being paranoid," Lucas practically yelled, as he jumped up and walked to the fridge.

"I'm sorry alright," Jack started to yell back. But then he sighed and fell back onto the couch. "I just really miss her. I'd gotten so used to having her around all the time and being able to touch her and kiss her whenever I wanted, but now it's all gone. I can't do any of that anymore. My life sucks," he exclaimed.

It was at moments like this, that Lucas really hated lying to Jack. He had been so down this last week, and Lucas hated seeing him like this. It was getting harder and harder having to keep such a big secret.

"Jack, your life doesn't suck," Lucas sighed. "Martha loves you, okay? I know this, because she told me herself," he said.

"Really?" Jack's face lit up a little.

"Yes," Lucas groaned. "So, you need to stop all this fretting and paranoia, because she's gonna come back to you. But if she see's how much of a wuss you've turned into; she's gonna run the other way," he grinned.

"Shut up, I'm not a wuss," Jack laughed as he ruffled Lucas's hair.

"Hey, I'm not the one you're going to have to convince," Lucas teased.

"Whatever," Jack smiled, and got up and walked off to his room.

He closed his bedroom door behind him. He really hoped that Lucas was right when he said that Martha would come back to him. He didn't know how much more hurt he could take.

It was 8 pm, and Martha had just finished a shift at Noah's. She'd spent the whole evening thinking about Jack and the baby, and she had finally made a decision; she was going to tell Jack about the baby. Tonight. She was on her way over to see him now. She was prepared and more than ready to tell him. And nothing was going to stop her.

Martha knocked on the front door and waited for someone to answer. A few moments later Lucas appeared.

"Please tell me you're here to tell Jack," Lucas begged. "Because I can't do this anymore. He got home just before, and he started asking all these questions. He knows we're hiding something from him. He's totally paranoid," he rambled.

"Lucas, relax," Martha exclaimed as she placed her hands on his shoulders. "I'm here to tell him," she reassured.

"Oh thank god," Lucas sighed with relief. "Anyways, I'm going to go to Mattie's and give you two some privacy. So, good luck," he told her.

Martha slowly made her way to Jack's room. She stood there for a few seconds and took a deep breath before knocking. "Come in," she heard him call.

She peeked her head in and saw him lying on his bed; still in his police uniform. He looked up and seemed surprised when he saw her. "Hey," she smiled lightly at him.

"Hey," he said, jumping up. "What are you doing here?"

"Um, I want to talk to you. About us. And some other stuff," she told him and closed the door behind her.

"Well, if you're here to say it's over for good and that you never want to be with me again........don't bother. Because I really don't think I could take it," Jack said to her as he sat back down on his bed.

Wow, he really is paranoid, Martha thought to herself.

"I'm not here to say that," she reassured him, and sat down next to him.

"So you do want to get back together then?" Jack looked at her hopefully.

"This last week has been has been absolute torture. I hate being apart from you," Martha began. "When we're not together I feel like a part of me is missing. And I hate it," she explained to him.

"It's the same for me," Jack started. "Being apart from you feels wrong. Why do you think i've spent this last week trying to talk to you? I've been trying to tell you that we're meant to be together," he told her.

"Look at us," Martha started to laugh. "It's only been a week and already we're pining over each other. It's crazy," she exclaimed.

"It's not crazy, and besides, we don't have to be apart anymore," Jack said softly as he brushed his hand across her cheek.

Martha smiled at him as he moved closer to her. He brushed her hair away from her face as he lowered his lips to hers.

"I love you," he whispered right before his lips claimed hers.

"I love you too," she answered back as she slid her arms around him.

Martha fell right into the kiss. It felt so perfect, and it made her feel so good. She'd missed it, missed him like crazy. All the pent up desire that she had been feeling for him since they had parted, was all rushing out into that one kiss. A kiss that was so full of love and desire; it overwhelmed her.

Jack was in a state of bliss. Martha's lips were on his and her body was pressed so close against him. It had started out as a a need for comfort, a kiss to reassure himself that she was still there, and still his. It had quickly escalated into something much more passionate, and much more satisfying.

Jack gently lowered Martha down onto her back; their tongues still intertwining. Martha reached beneath his shirt and ran her hands up and down the supple expanse of his bare back. His skin felt so warm against her fingertips. She then felt her own body begin to boil at the touch of Jack's hand, as it ran down her chest and stomach, until he finally rested it on her thigh; wrapping her leg around him.

Martha couldn't help the small pleading sound that came deep from her throat. Heat started shoting through her body. A heat she couldn't deny, even when she knew there were things that she still had to say.

"I love you baby," Jack moaned against her lips.

Martha's eyes shot open. Baby. Oh crap, the baby, she thought to herself. I still have to tell him. Martha quickly pried her lips away from Jack's and quickly detangled herself from his body before standing up.

"We have to stop," she gasped, trying to catch her breath.

"Why?" Jack laughed as he watched her straighten her top and do up the buttons on her jeans that he had started popping open. "It's not like we were doing anything wrong," he said.

"No, we weren't doing anything wrong. But there's still things we have to talk about," Martha said to him. She turned away from him and went and stood by the window; looking out at the moon.

Jack walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. "We can do the rest of the talking later. Much later," he said as he kissed her neck.

Martha closed her eyes and sighed as Jack's breath fell hotly on her neck as his mouth moved over it greedily. "But it's really important," she panted as her body quickly started responding to his touches again.

"The only thing that's important right now is the way we're making each other feel at this very moment," Jack whispered in her ear. He then slowly moved his hand under her top and started caressing her stomach.

The heat in her belly that she had felt only moments before was now hitting her full force once again.

"Oh, what the hell," she gasped outloud. She couldn't help herself; she'd missed him and needed him so much. She spun around and latched herself back onto Jack's lips. He picked her up; wrapping her legs around his waist. Martha set to work quickly as she undone the buttons on his shirt. She ripped it off and threw it to the ground as she lowered her mouth to his neck and kissed him roughly. She then raised her arms above her head and Jack pulled her shirt off.

He then gently lowered them both onto the bed; where he leaned over and looked at her. "What we have together is amazing. I'll never be able to have that with someone else," Jack said in a hushed voice. "I'm glad you came back to me," he said as he laid soft kisses on her lips.

"I wouldn't want to be anywhere else," she reassured him. "And I never will be," Martha promised.

Jack rolled over, pulling Martha's body on top of his. "Ditto," he answered back.

Martha smiled down at him and kissed him passionately before pulling away. "I want you to make love to me Jack," she murmered seductively. Jack grabbed her face and kissed her hard before rolling them over again. It wasn't long before her thoughts of babies and bitchy ex-girlfriends were a million miles away.

NEXT CHAPTER- Martha and Jack are back together and Jack couldn't be happier. But will it last for more than a couple hours? Will Megan reveal all before Martha even gets the chance?

Hey all. New chapter here. Hope you like it.

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Martha looked at her reflextion in the bathroom mirror; taking in her appearance. Her face was flushed and she felt quite warm. She turned the cold tap on and leant over the sink; splashing her face with the cool water. She looked up into the mirror again and watched as the droplets of water rolled down her face and neck.

"You are such an idiot," she whispered to herself. She then snatched up the hand towel and used it to pat her face dry before leaving the bathroom.

She quickly tip-toed her way back to Jack's room. She hoped that she hadn't made any noise. It was only 2 am and she didn't want to wake Lucas or Tony. She crept into Jack's room and softly shut the door behind her. She stood on the spot for a moment and looked at the bed. Jack was spread out on his back; sound asleep.

She quietly padded across the room until she reached the bedroom window. As gently as she could, she pushed the window up, letting the cool breeze wash over her. She took a deep breath; inhaling the sweet smell of Beth's roses that were growing on the other side of the fence. The light from the moon shone directly into the bedroom; lighting it up in a soft glow. It was a beautiful night.

She moved a chair over to the window and sat down; leaning her head on the window ledge. She couldn't sleep and so many thoughts were going around in her mind. She was so angry with herself. She'd come here intent on telling Jack about the baby; but instead she had screwed up big time.

She had let her emotions get in the way. Instead of listening to her mind, she'd listened to what her body had wanted and had given into her needs. Jack had been the one who instigated it all, but she couldn't blame him. It wasn't his fault that he had the power to make her weak at the knees.

She couldn't help but feel like an idiot, and not to mention a hypocrit. In a lot of ways she was just like Megan. Megan had kept Grace a secret from Jack, and now she was doing the same with her baby.

"Martha," a voice called. Martha's head shot up and she looked towards the bed. Jack was awake. He was still lying in the same position but he was now looking at her.

"Hey," she said in a hushed voice.

"What are you doing?" he asked her.

"I was really hot, so I just opened the window to let a breeze in," Martha told him.

"Are you coming back to bed? It's only 2 am," Jack said before letting out a yawn.

"Yep," Martha nodded, but didn't move from her seat.

Jack looked at her and smiled. "Come on," he said, holding his hand out to her.

Martha stood up and grabbed his hand; letting him pull her down next to him. She fell back; curling up beside him. He wrapped his arms around her tightly and nuzzled his face into the curve of her neck and shoulder.

"I'm so glad you're here. I'm not letting you go ever again," Jack murmered.

I hope he still feels like that when he finds out I've been lying and keeping secrets from him, Martha thought to herself.

Megan hurried out of the diner. She was in a rush to get back to her mother and Grace. She had left them at the hotel while she went to get breakfast. And she wanted to get back to them before the food got cold.

She was just about to walk around the side of the diner towards the carpark, when she heard Lucas's voice coming from around the corner. She paused on the spot and poked her head around to see who he was talking too. It was Tasha. Luckily for Megan they hadn't spotted her, and even better she could hear every word of their conversation.

"So it's done? Martha told Jack about the baby?" Tasha asked Lucas.

What the hell, Megan thought.

"Yep. Finally," Lucas smiled. "She came around last night and went straight to his room to tell him. She even spent the night, so it must have went extremely well. I didn't get to see them this morning though; they were still in bed when I left," Lucas explained.

"I wonder how Jack reacted when she told him that she had been keeping it from him for two months," Tasha began. "And not to mention the fact that we knew even before he did," she finished.

"Well, I'm sure it went fine. If it hadn't, I'd doubt Martha would have spent the night," Lucas said.

Megan stood on the spot shocked. She couldn't believe what she had just heard. Martha was pregnant!

This was not supposed to happen. Jack was supposed to be with her and Grace. But if Martha was having a baby with Jack, then he'd never come back to her. He'd stay with Martha for sure. And from the sounds of it, Martha had spent the night with Jack. And that would mean that her and Jack are back together.

This was not supposed to happen, Megan angrily thought to herself. Jack was supposed to end up with me. No, this isn't fair. It wasn't supposed to end up like this. She had to see Jack. She needed to find out what the hell was going on.

"See, this is the way it's supposed to be," Jack said to Martha as he kissed her softly. They had both just finished getting dressed, and were now sitting in on Jack's bed.

"What do you mean?" Martha asked him, sounding confused.

"You, being here with me," he told her.

"If you say so," she smiled at him.

"I say so," Jack exclaimed before kissing her again.

Now's your chance, Martha thought to herself. He's in a good mood, so do it now.

Martha sighed. "You know how I said last night that I had something really important to tell you," she said.

"Yeah, but I ended up convincing you to partake in a little exercise routine," Jack teased.

"Yes, you did," Martha laughed. "But I really need you to stop joking around for a minute. This is really serious and really important, and I need you to listen to me," she explained.

"Am I going to like it?" Jack asked her, sounding a little worried.

"Honestly, I'm not sure," Martha told him.

"You're not seeing someone else are you?" Jack shot out.

Martha looked at him horrified. "What? No way. I'd never do that to you. I love you," she reassured him.

"Oh, that's good then," Jack smiled at her. "Ok, so what's so important".

Martha took a deep breath. "Well..........," she started but was cut off by a knock on the door. She groaned out loud. "You've got to be kidding me," she said.

"I'll tell whoever it is to come back later," Jack said as he stood up and walked out of his room, leaving Martha alone.

He quickly walked to the door, and let out his own groan when he saw that it was Megan. "Look, I can't talk right now. Can you come back later," he said to her. But she wasn't listening; she just pushed past him and into the house.

"Is it true?" Megan wanted to know.

Jack looked at her like she had two heads. He was confused. "What are you talking about?" he asked.

"About the baby, Jack. I heard Lucas and Tasha talking about it down at the diner," she shot out.

Jack still had no idea what she was on about. "Still no clue," he said sarcastically.

Megan groaned. "Don't play stupid Jack. I heard it come from their mouths," she began. "They said that Martha was pregnant and that she'd known for quite awhile, but didn't tell you. But then Lucas said that she came here and told you last night. So, I guess since her car is still here, you're back together," she rambled on.

Jack felt like he had just been kicked in the guts. Martha was pregnant and didn't tell him. But Lucas and Tasha knew.

"I think you should go," Jack said to Megan.

"What? I want to know what's going on," Megan protested. "I need to know if this changes things for me and Grace," she kept on.

"I said go," Jack practically yelled at her.

"Fine," Megan snapped and stormed off out the door.

Jack stood rooted on the spot. He slowly turned and walked towards his bedroom.

Martha was still sitting on Jack's bed. She had heard the entire exchange between Jack and Megan. She was so dead. Dead meat. She lowered her head into her hands and began to sob. What was she going to say? She was scared.

She heard a cough. She looked up and Jack was standing in the doorway looking at her. He didn't look too happy.

"What the hell is going on?" Jack demanded.

NEXT CHAPTER - Martha explains to Jack. What will he do? And what will she do afterwards?

Hey all. New chapter. Hope you like it.

Last Time: Martha and Jack got back together. Megan overheard Tasha and Lucas talking about Martha being pregnant. Megan freaked out and went to speak to Jack; accidently blurting it out before Martha even had the chance.

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Martha didn't know what to say. She didn't even know what to do. She was scared about what Jack would do when she eventually explained everything to him. She opened her mouth to speak, but then closed it. She didn't know how to start.

"Well, I'm waiting," Jack snapped at her.

"I'm sorry," Martha said softly, before looking away from his gaze. She looked down at her hands; they were shaking.

"So what Megan said is true? You're pregnant?" Jack demanded.

Martha didn't say anything; she just nodded her answer. Jack spun around quickly and walked out of the bedroom. This is going to be really bad, Martha thought as she jumped up and followed him.

"How long have you known?" Jack spun around to face her.

"Just over over two months," she told him as she moved closer. She reached a hand out to touch him, but all he did was move further away from her. Martha tried hard not to show the hurt on her face.

"So how far along are you exactly?" Jack asked her.

"Thirteen weeks," she told him in a hushed voice.

"That's just over three months," Jack shook his head in disbelief. "Were you ever going to tell me?" he yelled at her.

"Of course I was. What do you think I was trying to tell you last night and just before?" Martha started to cry. "I've tried to tell you so many times, but I always lost my nerve," she continued.

Jack laughed at her sarcastically. "So instead of telling me, you go and tell Tasha and Lucas. You got my own brother to lie and keep secrets from me," he yelled again.

"I said I was sorry," Martha sobbed.

"Well, sorry doesn't cut it," Jack snarled.

Martha couldn't look at him, so she turned away. She couldn't stand the way he was looking at her. She could tell that he was disgusted in her. She couldn't blame him though. She deserved it.

"This is why you collapsed at Noah's the other week, isn't it? Because of the baby?" Jack asked.

"Yeah," Martha sniffed.

"Why the hell didn't you tell me that night at the hospital?" he then questioned her; his voice still sounding quite nasty.

"Oh gee, I don't know Jack," Martha said sarcastically. "Maybe it had something to do with the fact that your ex-girlfriend had just turned up on your doorstep the night before with your other child," she started yelling at him.

"She was not my girlfriend," Jack said through clenched teeth.

"Oh yeah, I forgot. She was just some blonde bimbo that was only good enough for one thing, right? A quick roll in the sack?" Martha exclaimed; still being sarcastic.

"Can we stop talking about Megan. This has got nothing to do with her. This is about you and me," Jack snapped.

"Whatever," Martha shot out, and turned away once again.

"No Martha, it's not 'whatever',"Jack grabbed her arm and spun her around to face him. "You lied to me, you kept secrets from me. And not to mention you got my brother to lie aswell. How do you think that makes me feel?"

"Let go. You're hurting me," Martha growled at Jack. His fingers were pressing into her arm, and it was really starting to hurt.

Jack looked down and noticed that he was still grasping her arm tightly. "Sorry," he let go immediately.

"You know, I don't ever recall you getting like this towards Megan when you found out that she had kept Grace from you," Martha began. "Did you yell and scream at her?" she asked.

"Like I said before, this isn't about Megan. And besides, the circumstances are so much different," Jack said to her.

"How are they different? We both lied to you," Martha looked at him.

"You lying to me hurts so much more than Megan lying to me. And you know why? It's because I love you," Jack started. "And because of my feelings towards you, it makes it harder for me to accept that you lied to me. I never thought that you, of all people, would lie to me. Especially about something like this. I feel betrayed," he finished.

"I'm sorry," Martha told him; starting to cry again.

"You betrayed my trust," he said. He could feel the anger inside of him building up again.

Martha reached out to touch him, but he moved away from her again. "Don't touch me, please," Jack told her.

"Jack, I.............," Martha started, but Jack cut her off.

"I think you should go," he said.

"No, we need to talk," Martha tried to talk to him.

"I can't talk to you right now. I'm too angry. So just leave," he snapped her.

"Fine," Martha cried. "I'm going," she told him. She spun around quickly and took off towards the door, nearly knocking Tony over on her way past. "Sorry," she sobbed, and kept going.

Jack looked at his father, who looked back at him with concern on his face.

"What's going on Jack? I was over at Beth's and I could hear yelling," Tony asked.

"Do you love Lucas?" Jack asked his father.

"Of course mate. Why?" Tony laughed.

"He's going to need your protection the next time I see him," Jack exclaimed.

Martha burst into her apartment and slammed the door behind her. She threw herself onto the couch and burst into tears.

"What's all this racket?" Alf called as he walked into the room.

Martha sat up quickly; trying to dry her eyes. "Grandad. Sorry, I didn't realise you were home," she said.

"Martha. Love, what's wrong?" he asked her as he sat down next to her on the couch.

"Nothing," she tried to smile.

"Nonsense. You've been crying and you're clearly upset. Come on, you can tell me anything," Alf said, rubbing her back.

"I don't want you to be disappointed in me," Martha sobbed.

"Why would I be? Please, just tell me what's wrong," Alf urged.

Martha looked up into his face; letting the tears stream down her cheeks. "I'm pregnant," she told him.

Alf looked at her in shock. He didn't know what to say. "Oh," he said.

"See, you're disappointed in me," Martha started to cry harder. "I'm so sorry," she said in a whispered voice.

"Hey hey, I'm not disappointed in you," Alf tried to comfort her. "I was just a bit shocked, that's all. You have no reason to be sorry," he hugged her tight.

"Yeah, but I've screwed up big time with Jack. He's so angry with me," Martha exclaimed.

"What do you mean? Why is he angry with you? He is the father isn't he?" Alf questioned.

"Of course he is," Martha sighed.

Alf let out a huge sigh of his own. "Let me get you a glass of water. I'll let you calm down a bit and then you can explain everything to me, okay?" he suggested.

Martha smiled at him. "Yeah, that would be great".

"Well, I can understand why Jack's upset. You kept it from him for quite a long time," Alf spoke after Martha had explained everything to him. "And then to have someone other than you tell him; it's pretty rough".

"Yeah, I know," Martha sighed.

"Are you feeling better now?" Alf asked.

"Yeah, heaps. It felt good to speak about it openly with you," she said.

"That's good," Alf exclaimed.

"Listen, I've been thinking," Martha started. "Maybe I should go away for awhile. I need to get away from all this. And Flynn already told me that I don't need any stress," she explained.

"Do you really think it would be a good idea to run away from all your problems?" Alf commented.

"It would only be for a couple weeks. Just so I can get my head around things," she told him.

"Where would you go?" Alf questioned.

"I could go to the city and stay with Auntie Morag. I'm sure she'd love to have me there," Martha suggested.

Alf nodded. "She would love the company," he agreed. "Would you like me to call her?"

"Yeah thanks. And you better tell her about my situation. She'll want to know why I'm so eager to visit," Martha told him.

"Sure, no problem. When can I tell her to expect you?" Alf then asked before picking up the phone.

"This afternoon," she said.

The sooner the better, Martha thought.

NEXT CHAPTER: Lucas and Jack have it out.

So are you all enjoying it so far. Shall I continue?

Hey new chapter here. Not much goings on in this one.

CHAPTER NINETEEN

Jack sat in the kitchen; tapping his fingers impatiently on the table. He was waiting for Lucas to get home.

"Don't be too hard on him," Tony said.

"Why not?" Jack scoffed. "He lied to me, and he thought that he was going to get away with it".

"Jack...............," Tony started, but was cut off by Lucas's cheerful voice as he walked through the door.

"Hey all," he called.

"Who the hell do you think you are?" Jack snarled and strode towards him.

"Lucas Holden," Lucas joked.

"Don't get smart with me," Jack yelled at him.

Lucas was shocked. He didn't understand where all these sudden outbursts were coming from. "What is your problem?" he said to Jack.

"You knew Martha was pregnant, and you didn't tell me," Jack started. "Instead, I had to find out from Megan after she overheard you and Tasha talking about it this morning," he continued.

"Wait. What? Didn't Martha tell you last night?" Lucas asked.

Jack laughed. "No Lucas, she didn't. But what I want to know is why you didn't tell me," he said, raising his voice again.

"For starters, I've only known for a week. And besides, it wasn't my place to tell," Lucas told him. "Martha spoke to me in confidence, and I wasn't going to betray her trust," he finished.

"But it was okay for you both to break my trust? Lucas, I'm your brother. How could you keep something like this from me," Jack snapped at him.

"Like I said, I promised Martha I wouldn't say anything," Lucas started yelling back at Jack.

"Oh, well that makes it alright then" Jack said sarcastically.

"Okay you two, calm down," Tony intervened.

"Yeah, what dad said," Lucas exclaimed as he pushed past Jack.

"Hey, don't walk away from me," Jack grabbed Lucas.

"Don't touch me," Lucas pushed him away.

Jack then pushed back at Lucas, which then lead to Lucas raising his fist to swing at Jack.

"Stop it," roared Tony, as he grabbed Lucas and stopped him from hitting Jack. "That's enough. Why don't the both of you just grow up," he snapped.

"Lucas, go to Beth's. I'll deal with you later," Tony told Lucas, and pushed him out the door.

He then spun around and glared at Jack. "Sit down," he ordered. "The way you just acted then was totally inappropriate. I'd hate to have seen the way you treated Martha earlier. Especially if the way you just treated Lucas is anything to go by," he spat out.

"I may have yelled at her a bit, so what?" Jack looked away from his father.

"She's pregnant Jack. She doesn't need that kind of stress.," Tony started. "But lets talk about Lucas. Let's just say I never want to see you get violent with him again. It's unacceptable," he explained.

"He pushed me first," Jack tried to defend himself.

"Yeah, but you're older and should have known better," Tony snapped.

"Whatever," Jack started to get up.

"Don't even bother," Tony said pushing him back down. "You and I are going to have a long chat".

"You promise you'll be back before the wedding," Tasha wanted to be reassured.

"Yes Tash. I already told you that I'll be back before the wedding," Martha sighed. "I wouldn't miss it for the world," she told Tasha.

"Good. It wouldn't be the same without you there," Tasha calmed down.

Martha had decided to drop in and say goodbye to Tasha, Robbie and Kit before she left. Tasha had felt really bad when Martha told her what had occured with Jack earlier that day. Tasha kept blaming herself because she and Lucas were the ones who were talking about it in public. And because of that; Megan had overheard them. But Martha kept telling Tasha that it wasn't her fault. Or Lucas's. The only person to blame was herself.

"I still can't believe that you're having a baby," Robbie smiled at her.

"Yeah, it's pretty exciting," Kit exclaimed.

"It's quite overwhelming. I'm still trying to get used to the fact that there's another person growing inside of me," Martha told them.

"Well, no matter what happens, we'll always be here for you," Tasha reassured her.

"Thanks," Martha smiled. "Look, I better head off. Auntie Morag will be expecting me in a few hours". Martha got up from her chair, giving them all a hug.

Robbie bent down to look at her stomach. "Seeya later little baby," he said.

"You are such a loser," Martha laughed at him.

"You know, I think I see a little bump sticking out there," Rob smiled, poking her gently in the stomach.

"Gee Rob, thanks for reminding me that I'm going to look like a porker," Martha pushed him.

"You'll look great," Kit said.

"Come on, we'll walk you to your car," Tasha linked arms with Martha.

Once Martha was on the road, she started thinking about Jack. She knew she probably should have told him that she was going away for a little while. But she didn't have the guts to face him. He was so angry with her when she left his place earlier, and she didn't think that he would actually care if she left anyway.

Maybe a bit of space between them would be good.

LATER THAT AFTERNOON

Jack had calmed down a lot over the last few hours and after a long chat with Tony he had decided to go and talk to Martha. He was still really angry with her though. She had lied and kept secrets from him, and it wasn't something that he could get over so quickly. But she was still carrying his child, and they had to talk about it.

He walked up the stairs to her apartment and knocked. A few moments later Alf answered the door. "Jack, come in," Alf said, and moved away to let him in.

"Hey Alf," Jack said as he walked in. "Did Martha tell you about what happened?" he asked.

"Ah yeah. I found her in a right state earlier. She was quite upset," Alf answered.

"Well I did get pretty angry with her," Jack told him.

"I can understand why. She kept something very important from you, but she knows that she made a mistake," Alf said.

"So, Is she here? I'd like to speak with her," Jack asked.

"Actually, she's gone," Alf paused on the spot.

"Oh. Well I suppose I'll have a wander around to see if I can find her then," Jack said as he walked to the door.

"No, I mean she's gone. She's left town," Alf broke the news.

Jack snapped his gaze back onto Alf. "What? What do you mean she's left town?" he demanded.

"She's gone to stay in the city with Morag for awhile," Alf explained.

"Oh, well it was sure nice of her to tell me that she was leaving," Jack said sarcastically. He paused for a while and then started speaking again. "When will she be back?" he asked.

"Well, Tasha and Rob's wedding is in three weeks, and she said that she'd be back before then," Alf told him. "So, I suppose she'll be gone for a couple of weeks or more".

"So instead of facing her problems, she runs away from them," Jack shook his head in disbelief.

"She just needs some space and some time to think. All this stress isn't good for the baby either. Some time away will probably do her a world of good," Alf said to Jack.

Jack couldn't believe that Martha had just left without telling him. She could have at least dropped in to say goodbye. Even a phonecall would have been acceptable. She was the one who wanted to talk so desperately; but then she was the one who took off without even telling him.

"I have a shift at Noah's in ten minutes so I'm going to have to kick you out," Alf began. "But there's something I want to give you before you leave. I found it in on Martha's bed, and thought that you might like it," he continued as he picked the item up from the table and handed it to Jack.

Jack looked at it; it was the ultrasound photo of their baby.

"Martha had her first ultrasound last week," Alf told him.

"I should have been there for that," Jack said softly.

"Yeah, I know," Alf sighed.

Jack turned around and walked to the door. "Thanks for this," he said as he left.

"Seeya mate," Alf called.

Jack looked at the photo again. His baby. And Martha had kept it from him. But he didn't feel anger anymore. All he felt was hurt. It hurt that he hadn't been at the first ultrasound, because he would have loved to have seen it.

And now Martha was gone; and that hurt even more.

Martha pulled her car into the driveway of Morag's home. Within a few moments, Morag was walking down the pathway towards her.

"Martha, it's so good to see you," Morag said.

"Hey Auntie Morag," Martha smiled and gave her a hug.

"So, what have you gone and done to yourself?" Morag exclaimed.

"Oh you know. Got pregnant, pissed off Jack, amd now I've ran away," Martha said sarcastically.

Morag laughed. "Ah well, at least you're not as young as what your mother was when she had you," she explained.

Martha smiled. "I guess," she said.

"Come on, lets go inside. You can rest after your long drive, and then you can tell me exactly what's happened," Morag picked up Martha's bag.

She wrapped an arm around Martha and they walked off towards the house together.

NEXT CHAPTER: Megan makes a move on Jack.

Please review.

Hey everyone. Sorry it's taken me so long to update.

Here's a few more things that you need to know, just so you don't get confused.

1. Macca has never been to the bay. So he doesn't know anybody yet. He will be arriving sometime over the next few chapters.

2.In the very first chapter I mentioned that Martha's adoptive parents were both dead. But since then Martha has mentioned on the actual show that her adoptive father is alive, ending our speculation. So I went back and changed it to just her adoptive mother being dead. He is alive in this fic. The name I give him will be made up by me.

3. As mentioned by Martha before (on the show) one of her other brothers is named Greg (apparently he and his girlfriend were pregnant and about to get married the last time Martha mentioned him). I will be making up a name for the third brother.

In the last chapter Martha went away to stay with Morag for awhile. Obviously not much would happen in the time that she is away, so the next three weeks are going to pass by within this one chapter.

CHAPTER TWENTY

A WEEK AND A HALF LATER

"You miss him, don't you?" Morag's voice broke through Martha's thoughts.

"Huh?" Martha looked up into Morag's probing eyes.

"Jack. You miss him," Morag repeated.

"A bit. I guess," Martha shrugged.

That was an understatement, Martha thought to herself. She missed Jack more than just a bit. She missed him like crazy. It drove her nuts. She'd been at her Auntie Morag's for a week and a half now, but it felt more like a lifetime. But as much as she missed Summer Bay; she just wasn't ready to go back yet.

"Have you spoken to him at all since you've been here?" Morag asked.

"Nope," Martha answered, trying to sound uninterested. She quickly shovelled a spoonful of cereal into her mouth; hoping that Morag would get the hint that she didn't want to talk about it. Morag, of course, didn't get the hint.

"Well, has he tried calling you at all?" Morag wanted to know.

"He's left a couple of messages on my phone," Martha told her. "But can we stop talking about it? I'm not in the mood to talk about Jack," she groaned.

Another understatement, Martha thought.

"Fine," Morag agreed. "Listen, I've cancelled all of my appointments today with my clients. You and I are going out," she then announced.

"You don't have to do that," Martha protested.

"Nonsense. I want to do something with you," Morag started. "Besides, you need to get out. The only time you go outside is when you go for your daily walk. The rest of the time you just sit out in the back garden like you're off with the fairies," she explained.

"I've used your pool a few times," Martha tried to defend herself.

"Well today we're going shopping," Morag exclaimed.

"Ah, why?" Martha wanted to know.

"Incase you hadn't realised you're pregnant, and beginning to show. You're going to need some bigger clothes soon," Morag started. "And I think we can both agree that Yabbie Creek isn't the best place to buy clothes," she continued, screwing up her nose in disgust.

"High maintenance much?" Martha giggled.

Morag smiled. "And, I thought it would be nice if we picked up a few things for the baby," she offered.

"That would be nice," Martha nodded. Her Auntie Morag could be quite a hard women most of the time, but she could also be the sweetest person when she tried. Martha was one of the select few who actually saw it.

"Good, then it's settled. Once we finish breakfast we'll head off," Morag began. "And while were at it, we'll go and have a nice lunch somewhere. How does that sound?" she asked.

"It sounds great," Martha thanked her.

Hopefully she'll get through a few hours without thinking about Jack.

Jack sat on the couch next to Megan; watching Grace play on the floor with some toys. Jack had spent quite a bit of time with Grace over the last week; but today Megan and Grace would be going back to the city. Megan had to get back to her job.

"This last week or so has been really good," Megan said. "You know, just the three of us," she smiled.

"Yeah, it's been good getting to know Grace a bit more," Jack nodded.

If Jack were to be truthful with Megan, he'd tell her that he was actually having trouble bonding with Grace. But he didn't want to hurt Megan's feelings, so he kept it to himself.

"It's a shame that we have to go back to the city today, I've really liked spending time with you. But we'll be back in about two weeks for another visit," Megan told him.

Jack nodded and then stood up; taking his and Megan's empty coffee cups into the kitchen. He let out a small sigh when he realised that Megan was following him. He placed the cups on the sink and turned around only to come face to face with her. He stepped back a little until he was pressed up against the sink. Megan used this moment to press herself up against him.

"So, I was thinking that the next time I'm in town, you and I could maybe spend some time together. Just the two of us," she smiled up at him flirtatiously.

"I already told you once before that nothing will ever happen between us," Jack said as he pushed her away from him

"Oh, come on Jack," Megan pouted, and moved back towards him. "You may not remember what it was like that night when we were together, but I do, and I want that feeling again," she smiled and threw her arms around his neck.

"I said No," Jack exclaimed, as he pried Megan's arms away from him. He pushed past her and walked back towards the couch.

"You and Martha aren't together anymore Jack," Megan said as she followed him. "So why can't you and I just have some fun together? It doesn't have to be anything serious," she tried to talk him around.

Jack turned around quickly to face her. "I'm going to tell you this one last time," he started to snap. "I love Martha, and that's never going to change. We may not be together at the moment, and I may still be angry with her, but that doesn't change the way that I feel about her. Okay?" he explained to her.

"Stop yelling, you'll scare Grace," Megan hissed.

"I'm not yelling," Jack said as he turned to look at the child. "And she's not scared. She's not even paying attention to us. Look, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, but I meant what I said. I love Martha," he trailed off.

Megan looked away from Jack and nodded. "Fine," she sniffed.

"We can still be friends, but that's it. And like I've told you before, I will always be there for you and Grace," Jack reassured her.

"I guess I should be grateful that you haven't told us to get lost," Megan sighed.

"I wouldn't do that," Jack told her.

"I know," she smiled at him.

"Come on, I'll help you get Grace out to the car," Jack offered. "You'll want to get going before it gets dark," he continued.

Megan watched as Jack picked Grace up from the floor. Jack may have just rejected her, but that didn't mean she was going to give up. She'd just try again the next time she was in town. And who knows, maybe she could mess around with Martha's insecurities a bit more. There was no way that she was giving up on Jack just yet.

Later that night Jack made his way across the grass towards Noah's Bar. He'd organised to meet up with Robbie, Tasha, Kim and Kit for drinks. He was just about to walk in when he stopped. He'd been thinking about Martha all afternoon; ever since his exchange with Megan. He'd told Megan that he loved Martha; and ever since she'd been on his mind.

He took his phone out of his pocket and rang the familiar number. It went straight to message bank. She had her phone turned off again. He'd tried calling her a few times over the last week and half, but he could never get hold of her. He paused for a second and waited for her cheerful voice to answer message bank. Sometimes he'd find himself ringing it just so he could hear her voice.

"Hey, it's Martha. I can't answer the phone right now, sooooo here comes the beep, you know what to do," her voice played out to him over the phone.

"Martha, it's Jack. Again. Why won't you answer or return any of my calls?" Jack began. "I just want to know how you are. And the baby. Also, when are you coming home? Lucas is worried. So is Tash. She thinks your not going to be back for the wedding. Well, that's it, I guess. So bye. Martha.......I lov..........," he started to say; but was cut off. Damn, his time had run out.

He slid his phone back into his pocket and walked into Noah's. He passed Kim and Kit, who were playing pool. He nodded his head at them in acknowledgment. He made his way over to where Tasha and Robbie were sitting, and sat down across from them.

"Hey," he said to them. "What's wrong with you?" he asked Tasha, when he realised that she didn't look to happy.

"She's still worried that Martha won't be back for the wedding," Robbie explained to him.

"What do you expect Rob?" Tasha snapped. "I've spoken to her twice since she's been gone. She always has her phone turned off. How am i supposed to get in contact with her?" she continued her rant.

"Ah duh, have you considered asking Mr Stewart for Morag's phone number?" Robbie said sarcastically.

Tasha's face immediately lit up. "Oh my god. No, I didn't even think about that. I'll go ask for it now. Now I remember why I'm marrying you," she kissed Robbie quickly on the cheek and skipped off towards the bar to speak with Alf.

Jack felt like an idiot. Why didn't he think to ask Alf for Morag's number?

"That girl is totally paranoid," Robbie exclaimed as he watched Tasha walk away. "And I love it," he laughed.

Jack shook his head and smiled. He was friends with a bunch of loons. It was great.

"So, where's your shadow?" Robbie asked.

"What?" Jack looked at him confused.

"Megan. She's like a second shadow," Robbie replied.

"Oh, she's gone back to the city," Jack told him. He then looked over towards the pool table; it looked as if Kit was about to punch Kim in the face.

Jack laughed and looked back at Rob. "What is it with those two?" he asked, pointing towards Kit and Kim.

"It called sexual frustration, mate," Rob answered.

Martha sat in her room. She was holding her phone to her ear, listening to the message that Jack had left on her phone. She'd already listened to it twice. But she liked hearing his voice. Somehow, it soothed her.

She gently placed the phone back on her nightstand once she'd finished. She then looked over the stash of new clothes that she had just brought that day. Morag had payed for everything; even the few things that they had brought for the baby. Morag had insisted on paying. She wanted her great niece and great great niece or nephew to have the best.

Martha picked up her favourite thing that they had gotten. It was a baby album. She couldn't wait until she got home so that she could put the ultrasound photo in it. She couldn't believe that she had left it behind. She loved to look at it.

Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard a knock on the door. Morag popped her head through. "Dinners ready sweetheart," she announced.

"Thanks, I'll be out in a second," Martha smiled.

There was one good thing about the day. All the shopping had taken her mind off Jack.

NEXT CHAPTER: Martha arrives back in the bay.

Please review.

Archived