Your greatest fear

Guest lollipop_lover11

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes I feel like I am making all the wrong decisions. I feel like my life is out of my control, and I am scared that I am going nowhere. I feel quite negative towards most of the things in my life, and have a really bad attitude to my degree and my future. I am scared of waking up in 40 years and realising I havn't done anything that I am proud of, or anything that I enjoyed, and that I have wasted my youth.

What a lovely post! So uplifting...

Yeah, I think you just have to trust that there are many different paths your life could take, and eventually there will be happiness on each one.

I thought about leaving Uni, but in the end I decided to give things more time. I have been working towards this for so long, and I think I built up an unreasonable expectation of what it would be like. And also, just because I am studying languages now, doesn't mean I have to be an interpreter! I will only be 22 when I graduate, and I'll have a really useful degree, will have had an amazing time, met fantastic people, lived in one of the best cities in the country and spent a year studying abroad! I could do anything. This is the right way for me to go, just sometimes the pressure I put on myself is too much.

Yeah, I think you just have to trust that there are many different paths your life could take, and eventually there will be happiness on each one.

I thought about leaving Uni, but in the end I decided to give things more time. I have been working towards this for so long, and I think I built up an unreasonable expectation of what it would be like. And also, just because I am studying languages now, doesn't mean I have to be an interpreter! I will only be 22 when I graduate, and I'll have a really useful degree, will have had an amazing time, met fantastic people, lived in one of the best cities in the country and spent a year studying abroad! I could do anything. This is the right way for me to go, just sometimes the pressure I put on myself is too much.

wow,i'm 22 and done none of that,but as you said i think you just have to believe whatever path you take it'll eventually lead to happiness.

Archived