Your greatest fear

Guest lollipop_lover11

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spiders, wasps, needles, bees.

I'm also afraid of losing my father, as he has had several heart attacks and a bypass in the last 6 months!

Dying doesn't worry me, however, as I know that everyone is designated a time on this earth, so if my time is up, it's up.

I have a fear of falling. Heights are OK as long as their safe - I wasn't scared at all on the Eiffel Tower, but I can't stand on chairs to get things from a high shelf.

I am also really scared of losing people I care about. I worry a lot now I am living so far away from family and friends, because if something terrible happened I might not be able to get their in time. I sacrifice food and going out, sometimes, because I worry if there isn't enough money in my account for a train ticket at short notice. My best friend phoned me at 4am the other week, but my phone was off, she left a drunken message on my voicemail, crying, but I couldn't understand what she was saying. The next day, I couldn't get through to her. I had convinced myself that something terrible had happend, I had practically booked a ticket on the next train before I finally got through - turns out she was fine, had just had an argument with her boyfriend!

I worry a lot about the children I work with, a lot of them are very ill. I hate that I can't make everything OK for them and that I can't protect them.

Archived