0 Logies This year

Guest *dW*

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair though, that performance was an embarrassment....it made me cringe!

I only saw it the other day (and posted it here :P) and I thought I was absolutely hysterical! I have watched it several times now, just for the comic value, especialy the bit with Karl and the lawnmower!

Some of the cast members were not in the performance because they refused to take part in such rubbish. I don't blame them.

When it was on, we were all sitting at home thinking, 'There are Hollywood guests watching - Americans who already think Australians are quaint and backwards - and THIS is the impression they are going to have of Australians?!"

Personally i don't care what Americans think of us.At least the cast were willing to have fun and make fools of themselves,it was funny.Watch the Oscaras and Academy award,how boring are they?I think the view Americans have of us is we know how to have fun,if not they need to lighten up a bit

And Natalie B.Did NOT deserve a award!!lol

Comapred to Home and Away, I don't think Neighbours has been very good at all. I think maybe they could have won something for the plane crash storyline, but that's about it.

Kate Ritchie deserved the logie more than Natalie Bassingthwaighte. I think maybe Neighbours could consider some more dramatic storylines, of the time when the Flick/Marc/Steph thing was going on and Libby was giving birth. That was the best period of Neighbours. I think all the good characters have gone and they need another generation the age Flick/Steph/Dee/Libby were. There are too many younger characters that don't have much storyline potential.

Flick wasn't really in with that age group. She was friends with Tad and Paul, and they were the equivalent of the current Sky/Dylan/Stinger/Elle/Ned age group. Also, Sky is infinitely better than Flick ever was in my opinion, and I never liked Libby much.

I prefer the gentler, more emotional storylines to the big, high drama ones like the plane crash. I really like the Steph's Cancer one at the minute, she and Max are such a lovely coule, the heart of the show really, and amazing actors. It is easily up to the standard of Libby's accident and the Flick/Mark/Steph.

Also, there are other really good storylines in Aus at the minute, spoilers for UK

I am loving the parentage storyline with Bree Timmins. She is actually a fantastic little actress, with classic comic timing, and I am so looking forward to seeing it in full in the UK. Also, compare to a similar storyline in HAA with the Sutherland twins, which was absolutely ridiculous, awful viewing.

And Sky and Dylan breaking up will be good too, I think. They are also both really good actors and another key couple in the show. Much better than Boyd and Janae!

And Natalie B definitely should not have won anything, ever, for Izzy Hoyland. Terrible character, pretty poor actress.

Although I've hated pretty much everything in the show up until recently, I have to say that I do like Natalie. When you compare her to Holly Brisley in H&A you can see the difference. Holly does her best, but she's no great actress and her character is so one-dimensional she's like a cartoon. Natalie actually manages to make you empathise with Izzy while hating her at the same time, plus she has a few good comedy moments and can do the serious drama too (one example that stands out for me is when she lost the baby). That pretty much makes her an all-rounder in my book.

Although I've hated pretty much everything in the show up until recently, I have to say that I do like Natalie. When you compare her to Holly Brisley in H&A you can see the difference. Holly does her best, but she's no great actress and her character is so one-dimensional she's like a cartoon. Natalie actually manages to make you empathise with Izzy while hating her at the same time, plus she has a few good comedy moments and can do the serious drama too (one example that stands out for me is when she lost the baby). That pretty much makes her an all-rounder in my book.

ITA about Izzy. Izzy shook up Ramsay Street just when it needed shaking up. Her character may have become a little stale and old now, but back in 03 and 04 she was at her best. That was when we were able to empathise with her intentions and also feel a little bit sorry for her, but at the same time hate her. She was more of a three dimensional character back then. She was a character myself and some other's loved to hate.

Archived