Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

I would have liked to have this been a John/Jett 2-hander.  ZFG about Nate and Tori at the minute. Could they have just stuck them w/ other people, it'd have been less painful tbh.

It's been nearly 3yrs and I still feel like Kicking Ash in his chest or lower... I've never really liked him! He did redeeme himself in the final installment of the Gunno  TV special trilogy, but that's not enough.

Based on birthdates, My Mum's not much Younger than Palmer and she could bloody well pass for his daughter! :D

Back to Leah, she's a funny drunk. 2000 when she "introduced Don & co, to the Poulos twins" :lol:  moreso than 2009 when she puked on Roman at her 30th! I miss that Leah. 2015-present Leah has been just about slappable. Maybe she needs a vision from both deceased hubbies shaking their heads and waggling fingers!

And I'm not too jazzed for tomorrow, More Brody-heavy antics. Just by him a white suit, get him a wife named Elvira and have him shoot it out with crims!

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

To backtrack to last week a bit...I'm not sure what exactly is wrong with Leah not wanting to lose her granddaughter, especially when it seems to be more than just her not living with

For me personally it's not so much that I have a problem with Leah losing her "granddaughter".  It's the whole premise of how she's conducting herself.  She's doing under the guise that VJ will be losing his "daughter" when really it's about her.  She's being disingenuous and selfish.  Because she's more annoyed at the fact that she can't have Luc all to herself than how it's affected her son.  Even if VJ decided that he didn't want to look after Luc and she was left to raise her I think at this point she would be OK with that because she's so desperate as her life has turned into a mess she needs something to compensate.  She treated her husband like crap and effectively drove him into the arms of another woman.  She's lost one of her closest friends and wants out of the business they've been involved with for many years.  This is all the result of wanting access to Luc.  Although not the baby's fault she's actually proven quite toxic for Leah.  Although Luc is really just an extension of Billie returning to the bay which was the precursor for this whole mess IMO.

I have to admit I do enjoy drunk Leah and for the first time in weeks she actually wasn't completely unlikable.  Although I wasn't happy Ash decided to be the bigger person and apologise to her as I thought everything he said was correct.  The scene with her and Nate was interesting.  He was definitely using that as an excuse to avoid Tori.  All Tori's initial suspicions about him were proven correct.  Well he did the right thing finishing with her.  Not a complete disaster on his part because at least he got to tap it for a while.

18 hours ago, Blaxland 89 said:

I was talking about the channel 5 episode when she was drinking in Salt. I'm sure it wasn't 5star

That was the afternoon showing then not the evening one.

It was good to see a more relaxed Leah even if it was wine induced.  I definitely remember her throwing up over Roman, that was hilarious!:D  Her hangover may explain her being 'nice' to Ash the next day and not jumping down his throat or cutting him completely dead. I'm glad he apologised, he lost it just as much as Leah did.  He is proving to be a caring uncle by worrying about Luc still crying and not settling, he even took her to the doctors, he wouldn't want to get accused of being like Irene and ignoring any possible dodgy symptoms.  Heavens even Tori checked her out, who said it may be colic so he's doing everything right so Leah has no reason to call him on it and say he's neglecting her.

I think Tori was in complete denial over her and Nate, she knew the end was near but chose to pretend it wasn't happening despite her brave words to Justin. He didn't respond to her text about coffee so nothing was actually arranged. Although she didn't influence him Leah's talking to him about her and Zac's relationship limping on helped him make the decision he did. It was a pity he had to be so harsh about it with Tori but it was the only way. Sad to see her so desperate to keep it going but with all Nate has gone through with his previous relationships and her dumping him at the drop of a hat to take up with first Duncan then Slimy Riley he's had enough.  We'll forgive her for being hesitant over getting involved with him and keeping secrets at the beginning because of the whole WPP thing that was out of her control.

Jett is right John is jumping to wild conclusions about how his dad died and how he may have killed him. It may be painful for him to learn the truth, whatever it is, but at least he will know for sure.  Rather sweet that Marilyn could talk him round to seeing Dr. Moss again.

21 hours ago, Blaxland 89 said:

I was talking about the channel 5 episode when she was drinking in Salt. I'm sure it wasn't 5star

Okay, I've double-checked and there were no scenes of Leah at Salt (or anyone at Salt) in Friday's Channel 5 episode.(The afternoon episode is the same as the evening one so not sure what H&Alover meant above.)I assumed you meant Friday's 5Star episode (ie yesterday's Channel 5 episode).If you meant an earlier one, I apologise.

I get your point, Slade, about Leah not being honest about her motives but it's hard to see how losing Luc fixes anything: Zac's still gone, the tension between her and Irene is still there.I wouldn't even say that she's got what she deserves because she didn't ask for any of it.She took Billie and Luc into her home and family despite her misgivings and now it seems like she's been cast aside because she's not a blood relative.

Anyway, goodbye to Nate.As with Phoebe, he's a character who hung around for years without making much impact on me or really feeling like he had a role beyond "the doctor".So I can't say I'm that bothered. It is rough on Tori though, who seems to have been put through a lot without any real pay-off.I'm kind of glad she got to rant at him but hope she pulls herself up quickly instead of wallowing.Still, it's hard not to feel like the regular cast is getting to be rather sparse:We're now down to just 16 regulars, and with Irene and Roo both currently MIA it's more like 14.

Mason and Raffy make a good double act again.It does feel like Brody's regressed:Maybe it's realistic that it wouldn't be plain sailing from realisation to recovery but still.It seems unlikely he still had that same packet of ice after half a week so I'm guessing he's meant to have got back to Zannis or someone for more?Scarlett does seem to have mellowed a bit towards Justin, maybe realising he does actually care for his family beneath all the bluster.Alf asks the awkward question.Scarlett learns that no good deed goes unpunished...One big flaw: Why did Justin and Scarlett have to go to the house to get Tori instead of just phoning her and asking her to come?

I'm disappointed that John's storyline disappeared for the episode.I guess it'll be picked up later in the week but it feels like we really needed to see his chat with Bailey.

Nate driving women bonkers to the end :lol:

Does Raffy take Buddy everywhere she goes? 

Oh and line of the episode Justin asking why Brody would dump his things and a kat going he doesn't want to be found. Well knock me down with a feather state the obvious :lol:

33 minutes ago, pembie said:

Nate driving women bonkers to the end :lol:

Does Raffy take Buddy everywhere she goes? 

Oh and line of the episode Justin asking why Brody would dump his things and a kat going he doesn't want to be found. Well knock me down with a feather state the obvious :lol:

Are you watching 5* pace there? As that was only on the trailer for today's ep. 

Well that's the end of Nate, and to be honest I'm glad. He's run his course so to speak and he didn't have ties to the bay any more, no family, no job. I thought it was a little naughty that Irene didn't come back to wish him off considering he lives with her and how odd was it that Leah, whom hates Irene's guts, was perfectly at home having breakfast in Irene's house whilst she sat out of town. LOL

It looks as though Brody has ransacked the house and found his way into that locked box. I hope we find out the story behind the bracelet now, or why Scarlett's stashing cash for that matter.

I'm surprised it's taken this long before Brody got physical - acting out that scene with Justin must have been a lot of fun!  He should have gone to rehab initially rather than staying with Scarlett then things might not have gotten to this point.  Will be interesting to find out the significance of what he took from Scarlett to make her react like that.

Whilst I support Nate finishing with Tori I hated how he said she was "amazing".  How patronising.  So amazing that he finished with her.  I actually found Tori really funny.  The way Scarlett went to her for advice and she was about to tell her about Brody then Tori started crying and she wasn't really sure what to do.  The awkward scene where Justin was walking with her on the beach, Tori was saying how much she hated him, Justin tried to warn her he was coming and they bumped into Nate Leah and Alf (I'm surprised Justin was so cool about it and didn't threaten to knock Nate's block off).  Then when they were making small talk I liked how Nate felt he had to invite them (as he was leaving) just out of common courtesy even though he really didn't want them there because it was so awkward.  Leah's face when he did that was a picture.  Funniest was when they were all having lunch at Salt.  Tori getting drunk was hilarious - Drunk female characters in soaps are often so funny.  When she sarcastically started saying what a great guy Nate was.  I also found it really funny when Alf asked the Morgan's how they met Scarlett and there was an awkward silence and Justin simply said through Brody.  Can you imagine if he told the truth?  It was when Brody vandalised the pawnbrokers and demanded that the shop owner handover the cash and then when he escaped tried to car jack her.  I was glad Nate pointed out to Tori he was actually her third choice.  I think the way she was acting typifies why he was probably right to finish with her.  She seemed like such a teenager although given that the only person she only went out with was Riley before arriving at the bay I guess it's understandable.  I do think she redeemed herself and I quite liked their goodbye with Nate riding off into the sunset. Well almost...  Personally I'm going to miss Nate as I grew to really like him.  He made more of an impact on me than say someone like Zac even though I liked Zac as well.  His track record with some of the female characters wasn't great but I think he did more good than harm overall.  And I won't forget the role he played in helping Heath and Bianca in the specials.  I guess one of the main problems was that a lot of the time he often appeared isolated.  He didn't seem to have many friends.  The recent scenes with Zac were purely as a support role for the stuff he was going through with Leah and he teamed up with Ash just to help Bianca and Heath.  There's Irene but she felt more like a mother than a friend.

So, Nate is on his route. Bye, Felipe!

Seriously, I didn't mind him, it's just he never made much of a real impact and it was clear that He and Ricky were NEVER gonna work with the Spectre of Brax hanging over them. It's just his final months, s***, final year was pretty much snoresville.

Like he said, he'd probably catch Irene in the City

However, If I were a producer, I'd totally have him back for guest shots, even if it's over Skype.

And as Brody, you can't stop an addict if they're determined. Crate them in, they will find away to escape (Nick and Phil on Enders in 1991 and 2010, respectively)

Archived