Shock Arrival

Guest matty and luke forever

Okay so I had this idea and couldn’t bring it into my other fic. I may take turns in updating each so don’t expect frequent updates lol. It’s not a matilda lucas 1 for a start. So R&R please.

Chapter 1

Mysterious girl

======================

Matilda, Lucas, Rica, Cassie and Belle walked along the beach front towards the Surf Clubs car park laughing and mocking each other when a black BMW soft top pulled up.

“Awesome wheels.” Ric commented as the woman in the driver’s seat lifted her sunglasses and peered over at them.

She had naturally brown skin and straight dark brown hair, Matilda noticed that she must have been about 19 as she had a very young face.

“Thanks. Would you guys be able to tell me where I can find the Summer Bay surf club? She asked sweetly

“You’re in the car park right now it’s that building over there” Cassie pointed towards the building.

“Oh sorry, thanks” she said as she drove into a space. She turned off the egnision and began to step out.

Both boys stared at her as her bare legs were revealed by her less than modest denim skirt showing basically everything she had off. Her top was mint green and had a bow round her bust, enhancing it a little more than it should, her high-heels matched her top and all the girls began questioning how she could walk in them.

She began wiggling her way towards the surf club entrance as Belle hit Ric across the arm.

“I think she’s a little too old babe” she whispered with a smile

============================================

Noah’s was bussing with people of all ages. Old and Young. Beth was serving drinks at the counter and talking to Tony while Martha and Jack sat at the table joining in on the conversation. Dan sat on the couch waiting for Peter to arrive he took a swig of his beer and looked down at his feet as he lifted his eyes he saw a familiar figure looking very lost.

“Tess?” he asked walking towards her

“Dan!” she almost screamed jumping on him for a hug

“Wh… what are you doing here?”

“Well, I had a few weeks off so I thought why not come and see my favourite relative in the world ?” she laughed

As they began talking Peter walked towards his brother.

“Dan if you were on a date you should have told me” Peter said as he saw the back of the girl’s head as she turned round he got the shock of his life.

“Hi, Dad” the girl smiled.

=============================

Enjoy

luv

julie

Chapter 2

Knocking on Heaven's door

===========================================

Tess woke from her make shift couch bed to a loud knocking on the door, she pulled herself up and looked at the sight in the mirror above the fireplace- 'That poor mailman' she thought to herself as she pushed her straight her off of her face and smoothed down her tight pyjama top as she made her way across the hard wood floor.

She reached for the door handled and eased it open; when she opened it she got the shock of her life. Standing in front of her was a slightly tanned, brown haired man; he must have been about 22 and was wearing a cop uniform.

“Hi, I’m looking for Peter” he said as he looked at her scantly lad body.

“Uh…. Come in” she said moving out of the way of the door and gesturing for him to come in. As they walked into the living room Tess turned round and was welcomed with an open hand-shake.

“I’m Jack; I work at the station with Peter. And you are?” he asked

“I’m…I’m Tess, Peter’s daughter.”

“Ah, I’ve heard about you. Have we met before?”

“I don’t think we have, I just moved here from Tasmania, I had a modelling contract there but I got a few weeks off so I came to see my old man” she laughed slightly

“That’s where I know you from. My dad’s partner’s daughter is into all those magazines and I have seen you on the front cover. She swore she knew you from somewhere” he laughed.

“Yeah… my dad should be out soon, he’s just in a shower. Would you like breakfast or something?” she said changing the conversation, hoping that he didn’t notice the slight weirdness that had overcome her.

“Do you have any OJ?” he asked gulping back slightly “My house mate drunk all the juice in the house, and I’m parched”

“Sure. You wouldn’t happen to know anywhere I could hang out today? I don’t really know anyone and thought it would be cool to see the sights” she laughed as the awkwardness slipped away.

“Well, there’s the diner, Noah’s and the beach. Most people in the town are friendly enough and I don’t think you’ll have any trouble finding friends” his sentence wondered as she bent down and his eyes were ‘drawn’ as Kim so nicely put it when he was telling Jack about Peter’s daughter.

“I was thinking of going and seeing Ryan”

“Well, um… my house mate and I are having a get together tonight, so if you want to come, you’re welcome to.”

“When you say a ‘get together’ how many are we talking?” she asked sheepishly.

“Anyone under the age of about 30” he shrugged and then gave her a kind smile.

“Then I’ll have to look out my glad rags” they both laughed as Peter entered the room.

“Hey, Jack. Hey, baby” he said kissing Tess on the forehead.

“Morning daddy, here’s your coffee and I’ll see you later.” She bit her lip walking out with a smile on her face.

Thank god she was a good liar.

=======================================

“Tessy!!!” Ryan shouted as he ran out of the diner kitchen.

“And how is my favourite little cousin?” she said cheerily

“I’m you favourite?” he beamed at her

“Well, you’re the only one” she laughed

Leah walked over to her step son and newly found niece and sat in front of them both in the booth.

“So, are you liking the bay?” she asked clasping her hands together and sighing

“Well, it’s okay. I’m finding it hard to make friends. Not many people wanted to be proper friends with a model. The guys want you for obvious reasons. And the girls use you as a handbag” she smiled

“You’ll find no-one like that here. The guys are all great and the girls maybe blonde and tanned, and remind you of bitchy teenagers you used to get at school but there are terrific. And if you need anyone to talk to there is always me” she laughed as she got up and began walking away.

“Hey Leah, should I call you Auntie Leah or just Leah?” she questioned

“Auntie Leah makes me seem old!” she almost screeched

“Leah it is then” she smiled as her phone began to ring; she looked at the caller ID.

She breathed heavily as she let Ryan out of the booth and punched the answer key.

“Hello” she said as she sat back down

“Did you really think you could get away that easy?” the voice on the other end asked

“I told you I’d get the money. I need some more stuff” she said quietly

================================================

“So, what is it actually like? Do you have one of those gorgeous little dogs like Paris Hilton?” Matilda asked

“It’s fast and furious. And I don’t. That was the one thing I said I would never buy” she laughed.

“Do you get cute guys?” Cassie popped her head into the conversation

“You don’t really have time for that sort of thing” she looked at both disappointed girls faces, covering slightly she said “But you do get interest from some hot footie players.”

Maybe too much’ she thought to herself as she saw beaming smiles from each of the girls faces. She looked down at her drink and saw her hand shaking slightly; she looked up and saw a man she recognised in the doorway. He nodded towards the gym as she straightened up and sighed.

“Excuse me” she smiled politely as she moved towards the gym.

“See you scared her off. You two are obsessed” she heard one of the teenage boys say.

She slightly stuck out her chest as she moved into a corner of the quiet gym.

“You James?” she asked seductively standing close to him and putting her hand near his.

“Yeah, you got the money?” he said as she handed him over the money in exchange for a small package as Kim looked on.

===================================================

Enjoy

Julie

xxxx

Chapter 3

P to the ARTY

=====================================

Tess looked at herself in the mirror; her mental check list began to work.

‘Skirt not too short, check. Top not too revealing, check. Hair straight enough, check.’ She thought to herself as fixed her top strap and flinched as she saw the bruise on her shoulder, she had told her dad that she had got incredibly drunk and walked into the doorframe- that was a lie- she thought. She took one last look in the mirror fixed her hair and made her way out of the room.

She walked slowly into the kitchen, her heels clicking behind her against the floor. Dan and Peter were standing in the kitchen drinking beers.

“Hey, Uncle Dan” she said overly happy as she went into the fridge and pulled out a 6 pack of beer and then some alcopops that she had forced her dad to buy her.

“Eh… why are you taking my beers? Where are you taking the beers?” he piped up as though they were his price possession.

“I’m been invited to a party and it’s mannerly to bring something that a few people could play shots with.” She laughed

“Who’s party?”

“Jack invited me to a ‘get together’, he and Kim are having.” She said pulling out a polythene bag and placing the drink inside. She heaved it of the worktop and then picked up her handbag.

“Be careful, some parties get out of hand” Dan warned

“Uncle Dan, I’m 20, if I want to go to a party. I’ll go to a party. If I want to get drunk and go skinny dipping, I will. There’s no need to worry. Jack’s a police officer, so I can’t see a raging mad, drug party where people get it on in the bedroom.” She exclaimed.

“Just saying” he laughed

“Okay!! I better go” she laughed kissing Peter on the cheek.

“Don’t be too late. And no skinny dipping please!” he begged

“Bye” she chuckled as she slammed the door behind her.

=============================================================

Peter watched as his only daughter walked out of the house. And he hoped that she didn’t do anything stupid.

“You’re worried about her?” his brother questioned

“I just don’t want to end up what happened last time” Peter took a swig of his beer and stared at the picture of him and Tess that sat on the window ledge. “I don’t want her to end up doing something stupid.”

“Does Jack know?”

“No, but I felt a connection when he was here earlier. Should I be worried?” Peter solemnly asked his brother

“I can’t see Jack leading Tess astray…. Tess on the other hand” he laughed

Peter chuckled along side, Tess would start up what she finished a long time ago… would she?

=========================================================

The party was in full swing, with music blaring and bodies dancing, it was a surprise that no-one had complained. Tess stood at the main worktop with Jack, Kim and Rachel and some other people but she wasn’t sure who they were.

“Okay so, you lick the salt, down the tequila and then bite the lemon” Kim exclaimed

“1…2…3” he continued as he lick the salt.

Tess gagged as the lemon burned her throat, as her hands began to shake.

“You okay?” Jack asked making a face of disgust

“Yeah, I’ll be back” she shouted as she walked towards Jack’s bedroom and grabbed her bag and searched.

She picked up her drink and let the pill glide down her throat.

“Hey” she heard someone say from the door way.

“Hi” she said breathlessly as the sheer thought of getting caught filled her with fear.

“You don’t look to well, wanna go a walk?” he questioned as he gently swayed from the amount of alcohol that his body had consumed.

“I don’t see why not” she smiled

“So, she left. And I was bummed for a while but I’m cool now” he finished slurring slightly

“Ah… the challenges of love” she laughed as she ran ahead singing something about P to ARTYING was all Jack could make out, he soon ran after her.

Their bodies got so close she thought he could almost hear his heartbeat, their breath mingled together.

“Let’s go for a swim” she stated as she began walking slightly towards the sea.

“I haven’t got any swimmers!” he shouted after her

“That never stopped me!” she screamed back pulling her skirt down and then her top off. “Well, are you coming?” she said as she flaunted herself more than anyone would if they were sober, Jack laughed to himself then bit on his lip.

‘You only live once’ he said aloud as he began pulling off his shoes.

===============================

Sorry it’s so short Lost is on and I thought I’d better update as I’m not going to be updating for another 2weeks.

Enjoy!!!

Julie

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 4

Kim looked at the empty beer bottles that had manages to gather around the lounge and kitchen area, he groaned as he began walking round the room lifting several bottles when he came to the couch something stopped him in his tracks. He slowly put the bottles down on the coffee table and pulled the handbag out from under the sofa, he looked inside and found a small, transparent bag filled with a white powder, and then looking at the ID inside his jaw dropped.

“So you want to play it like that?” he heard Jack shout as he quickly pushed the powder and the ID card back into the bag.

“You come near me and I’ll tell Kim what you got up to last night” said someone with a laugh in reply.

“Tell me what?” Kim said as Jack and Tess walked into the kitchen.

Tess looked really good, in the just out of bed way and was clad in one of Jack’s shirts, the one he was wearing last night Kim noticed.

“Nothing” Jack laughed as he pushed her out of the way

“Jack went skinny-dipping last night” Tess bit her bottom lip as she broke the news

“No, you went skinny dipping and I followed under the influence of a lot of alcohol, by the looks of this place. We are so lucky we haven’t got work today, Mate” he said to Kim as he scanned the room. “I’m gonna get a shower then I’ll help you guys clean up”

“Me?!” Tess questioned rather stupidly

“Well, I didn’t give up my bed for nothing.” He laughed as he picked up what seemed to be a wet towel and made his way to the bathroom.

Kim bit the inside of his mouth as he watched the practically naked woman walk around his kitchen. The clanging of the bowls brought him back to earth as he looked up.

“So you and Jack?” Kim stated as though he already knew.

“Um... nothing’s happening between Jack and I we’re just friends” she said sheepishly

“That’s why you’re in his shirt and just happen to be sleeping in his bed?”

“My clothes got wet and Jack didn’t want me walking home, so he was the perfect gentleman and let me have the bed…” her sentence was cut of.

“With him on the other side.” Kim continued

“He slept on the floor” she said through a mouth of cereal.

=========================================================

“See you guys later” Kim shouted

“Bye” Jack and Tess shouted in unison

Once Kim had gone Jack looked up at Tess who was washing up. He thought of all possibilities and then decided against his fears.

“So um…. I don’t know if this seems forward but do you wanna go out sometime? Like on a date?” he broke the silence

“You’re asking me out on a date? You work with my dad, I mean what if it doesn’t work out and he has to like beat you up or something. In the protective father way.” She ranted

“Oh come on, we haven’t even gone out yet and your already planning my beaten-to-a-plump-by-girl’s-father scene.” He laughed

“I’ll tell you what. You showed me your good time last night, so you come to mine at 8 and I’ll show you my good time.” She smiled

=======================================================

The music pumped through Jack’s ears as he felt Tess grab hold of his hand and steer him towards the kitchen of the current ‘party house’, they were in. He saw Tess beam a smile at him.

“You know, we raid parties like these… for drugs” he shouted over the music which was then given a shake of her head in reply.

They entered the kitchen as he saw a man with dark hair and several tattoo’s walk over to Tess.

“I thought we would have to buy Vogue to see you again” he laughed as he kissed her on the cheek.

“Jack this is Dean. Dean- Jack” she laughed as Dean took his hand and shook it hard.

This was going to be a night to remember… he could tell.

When Jack had finally taken a few beers and eased up a bit, he had managed to lead Tess out on to the dance floor. He held her hand as he let his body mingle with hers to the music. He had never felt so alive in his life. He felt like he didn’t have to care about Martha anymore, she was just gone

She made him want to live.

He suddenly felt her breath quicken and her body begin to sweat. She stopped dancing and moved away from him, she looked as though she was going to collapse and as though Jack could read her mind, she did just that, with a hard thud she hit the ground.

Next time…..

Will Tess live?

“Someone call an Ambulance”

How will Peter handle the news?

“Tess has taken an overdose… on cocaine”

Can Jack forgive her?

“I didn’t lie to you”

“You never told me the truth!”

Enjoy

Julie

Chapter 5

============

Notice me

Take my hand

Why are we

Strangers when

Our love is strong

Why carry on without me?

============================

Jack fell to his knees beside her. He felt for her pulse, and when he found it, it was racing and her normal breathing, had soon become panting as though she was fighting for every breath that flowed through her lungs.

“Tess! Tess ! Some call an ambulance!” he screamed

Everytime I try to fly

I fall without my wings

I feel so small

I guess I need you baby

And everytime I see you in my dreams

I see your face, it's haunting me

I guess I need you baby

==============================

Peter burst through the swing doors followed by Dan, his eyes were swelling with tears but he wouldn’t let them through. He finally stop when he made it to the waiting area, where he was met by Jack and Tony.

“Where is she? What happened?” he asked breathlessly

“She in with the docs.” Tony said

“What happened!?” he almost shouted

“W… we went to a party. One of her friends and we were dancing. She just collapsed” Jack said biting his nail.

“I can’t believe this is happening. Not again” Peter said under his breath

I make believe

That you are here

It's the only way

I see clear

What have I done

You seem to move on easy

-============================

Rachel took a deep breath as she walked out of the room, she looked at the test results one last time. ‘Just to make sure her eyes weren’t playing tricks on her’ she thought.

“How is she?” Peter stood up from her seat

“We’ve given her oxygen and her heart and breathing rate have calm down. But we discovered what caused this. Peter, Tess overdosed.” She broke the news

“On what?” Dan jumped in

“On…on cocaine. I’m sorry.” Rachel gulped back the lump that had formed in her throat. “Um… you can go in, if you want” she said to many shocked faces, she looked at her friend Jack, who looked as if he was about to burst into tears there and then. The last time she saw him like that…. Was when Martha left.

“No.” she heard Peter say

“Peter, maybe you should go and phone Ruby and mum and dad” Dan said

“What about…?” he trailed

“I’ll go in and see her” Jack reassured him.

====================================

And everytime I try to fly

I fall without my wings

I feel so small

I guess I need you baby

I see your face, you're haunting me

I guess I need you baby

=========================================

Jack looked around the door and began to walk in, she was lying silently on the bed with a oxygen tube through her nose and across her face, the heart monitor beeping as her heart rate soon began to come back down to normal.

“How are you feeling?” Jack asked

“Like I’ve just collapsed. What are you doing here?” she asked

“I came to find out if you were alright and em… why you lied to me?” Jack said

“I didn’t lie to you”

“You didn’t tell me the truth. I mean come one Tess, how long did you think you could keep it quiet?”

“What was I supposed to say? ‘Hi, I’m Jessica Baker, known as Tess, I’m a model who just happens to be hooked on cocaine, nice to meet you.’” She said mockingly

She was given no answer.

“Just go Jack.” She snapped bluntly.

“Tess?”

“Go!” she said through tears

==================================

I may have made it rain

Please forgive me

My weakness caused you pain

And this song is my sorry

At night I pray

That soon your face

Will fade away

2 weeks later

================================

Tess stood outside ‘The Bachelor Pad’ a.k.a ‘The pit’ leaning against her car she stared at the house. She thought of all the sleepless nights she had thinking… About Jack and thanked god that Summer Bay was a sleepy town as the papers would love to hear about her drug over dose.

She sighed deeply as she smoothed down her track suit trousers and pushed her hair back over her face. She straightening herself and made the walk from the road to the porch. She lightly knocked on the door and waited for an answer. Luckily Kim came to the door making this transition all the more easier.

“Hey” he said

“Hi” she answered noticing Jack was sitting in the kitchen with Rachel.

“How are you?” Rachel shouted

“Hi, I’m okay thanks… actually I need to tell you something” she stopped as she looked at Jack and realised he was completely ignoring her, she continued “I’m heading back to Queensland, my agent is getting at me because my holidays were too long and people are thinking I have disappeared and I have a contract to sign so I thought I’d better be heading.” She explained

“Are you coming back?” Rachel asked

“I’m not sure… I might come back for Christmas it just depends. But thank you for giving me some great memories.” She smiled hoping that Jack would at least look at her “And I’m sorry for everything.” She continued trying to aim it at Jack.

“You’ll be missed” Rachel smiled as she embraced Tess.

“Bye."She said hugging Kim

"Bye Jack” she attempted with an unsuccessful response.

Maybe forever.

=================================

And everytime I try to fly

I fall without my wings

I feel so small

I guess I need you baby

I see your face, you're haunting me

I guess I need you baby

=================================

Enjoy

Julie

Chapter 6

For a moment...

=============

2months later

===========

What if I told you

it was all meant to be

would you believe me

would you agree

it's almost that feeling

that we've met before

so tell me that you don’t think I'm crazy

when I tell you love has come here and now

=============================================

Jack stared down at the magazine that Matilda had left on the table, the front cover had a picture of Tess on it, and he read the title:

‘Jessica Baker…She’s young, free, and single and she’s back!’

He sighed heavily as he flicked through the magazine and stared at the pictures of her inside, she looked happy and free. He threw the magazine down in frustration.

‘I’ve knew this girl for not even 4 days and I’m….like this’ he thought to himself.

“Hey Jack” Matilda said as she walked into the house carrying shopping bags.

“Hey, have a nice shop?” Jack asked looking at the bags

“Yes, I got these gorgeous shoes courtsy of Tony Holden” she laughed “What’s up?”

“Nothing” he answered as he scratched his head

“Oh, so you’ve taken to reading teenage magazines? I saw before I came in” she explained

“I was looking at the interview with Tess”

“You still hung up on her?”

“I’m not hung up on her” he sighed

“Really, so the fact you’ve been a wreck since she left has nothing to do with her?” she asked

“I haven’t been a wreck!” he defended as she came to sit beside him on the couch

“Listen, if you didn’t like her then you wouldn’t have even thought of opening that magazine and if she really liked you then she wouldn’t have left like she did.” she was answered with a curios raise of his eyebrows

“Come on Jack, she left because you couldn’t stand you being so annoyed at her, she left because she didn’t want to see you go through the pain that she put you through” she laughed

“How do you know that?” he asked

“Because I would have done the same, why do you think I went to the city ‘to see Henry’ after Luke and I broke up?”

“Can you really fall in love with someone in 4 days?”

“Really like someone? Yeah but love… that is over-rated” she smiled cheekily

A moment like this

Some people wait a lifetime

for a moment like this

some people search forever

for that one special kiss

Oh, I can't believe it's happening to me

some people wait a lifetime

for a moment like this

Tess sat in the café across from the street, she stare and remembered Summer Bay. The people, the sand, the sea…. Jack, her thoughts were interrupted by someone shouting her name.

“Well, if it isn’t Jessica Baker!” He shouted

“Hey Gary” she said standing up and hugging her friend

“So where have you been? Let me guess, you just went for a holiday?”

“I went to see my dad.”

“So since your back, are you going to come to thee hottest party of the year then?” he asked “I have some new stuff”

“Actually Gary, I can’t come tonight. I have a contract to sign tomorrow and I want look my best.” She smiled

“Oh don’t tell me you’ve swore off the stuff now? What Daddy didn’t like it?” he mocked

“No, I met someone when I was at my dad’s and when I left, I guess, I decided I was a mess… and I needed a big shock to see that” she said and guessing he wasn’t getting he point she continued “I’m clean, Gary. I don’t need anything, I’ve paid my debt and I’m happy”

“Oh god what did this guy do to you?”

“Nothing, we’re not together. Actually he hates me right now. I… I took some coke when I was out with him and um… I took a reaction. So I left and I got myself clean.”

She waited a while for Gary to process the information as she ranted.

“And I’m happy.” she lied

Everything Changes

but beauty remains

something so tender

I can't explain

well I may be dreaming

but still lie awake

can we make this dream last forever

and I'll cherish all the love we share.

=========================================

Jack looked at the screen on his phone as he exhaled heavily. His mind kept changing whenever he went to call her number.

“Still deciding?” Kim asked as he took a gulp of his beer

“I phone her, she’s happy to hear my voice. I phone, her she hangs up. Peter said she was in the city this week, something about a contract.” He explained

“And if you don’t phone you’ll regret it.” Kim looked at his distressed friend “It’s been two months; she can’t still be annoyed at you. Here give me the phone.” He punched in at the keys and handed it back to him “Now you don’t have a choice.”

He heard Tess’s voice over the other end of the phone and he put his ear closer to the ear piece.

“Hello?” she said a few times before he spoke

“Hi, it’s Jack.” He said biting his lip, hoping she didn’t hang up.

“Oh hi”

“Peter told me you were in the city and I thought that since we parted on a bad note… if you wanted to meet up?” he realised how corny this must have sounded

“I… I would love to but I can’t. I have interviews all week and dinners most nights. So I’m pretty busy. But I could call you if I get a free minute?” she asked

“That sounds great. Talk then, okay bye.” He said disappointedly

Kim looked up at him “So?”

“She said she’d call me back when she had spare time.”

“It’s not good when they say they’ll call back.” Kim sighed

A moment like this

Some people wait a lifetime

for a moment like this

Oh, I can't believe it's happening to me

for a moment like this

Tess sat at the table in the fancy restaurant with the new manager across from her and her agent beside her. She felt terrible for the way she treated Jack the night before, she sat quietly until she heard the contractor say:

“Where would we be without second chances?”

Jack sat in Noah’s with Kim and Rachel. He had already had 5 beers and a few shots.

“Jack maybe you have had enough?” Rachel said as he stood up to go to the bar again.

“Nope, Rachel darling, I have a commitment, I’m going to get so sloshed that you two will have to carry me home.” Jack said pointing at them.

===================================

Once they had finished their meal, the contractor handed her a piece of paper, she began reading it.

“Do you have a pen?” she asked smiling

‘Where would we be without second chances?’ those words repeated in her head as she took the pen and look at the contract. She closed her eyes and pursed her lips.

“I’m sorry… I have a meeting I have to be at” she said standing up and walking out with more pride than she had ever felt in her life.

==============================

Could this be the reign of love above

I want to know that you will catch me when I fall

so let me tell you this

for a moment like this

Kim and Rachel walked beside Jack as he stumbled over the pavement; Kim looked up and saw Tess standing at the other side of the road. She was wearing a green,backless dress that floated at her knees , silver heals and her hair was in soft ringlets.

“Eh… dude” Kim said as he pointed to the other side of the road. Jack soon began to stumble across the road.

“I was at the contract signing and the contractor said something about second chances. And it made me think- I should be here begging you for a second chance. But I can’t ‘cause I know what I did was unforgivable but I need you.” She explained with tears in her eyes.

“I was happier than I have been in a long time when I was with you. I don’t want to loose that happiness.” She continued

“What about the contract?” he asked

“I don’t want the contract, not if I don’t have you.” She sniffed

He sighed and looked at the ground.

“I promised myself I wouldn’t get close to anyone, because I knew I could get hurt again. But with you I knew that you never hurt me, and I ended up becoming the people I never wanted to be.” She ranted “I knew this was a bad idea, I’ll just go.” She said walking away but she was stopped by Jack grabbing her wrist and pulling her in towards him.

“You talk too much” he stated before he pulled her in closer and passionately kissed her.

As she pulled away she looked him in the eye and said “You’re breath tastes of alcohol” she laughed

==============================================

Some people spend two lifetimes

for a moment like this

oh I can't believe it's happening to me

for a moment

like this

Oh, like this

some people search forever oh yeah

for a moment

like this.

Altogether folks awwwwwwwwwwww lol… Hope you like!!!

Julie

Chapter 7

Jack lay with his arm around her as she slept, he traced the tattoo around her belly button with his finger, and she began to stir and turned towards him.

“Morning” he said softly kissing her forehead

“Hey” she whispered with a smile “Last night was amazing” she continued as she kissed him.

“I think I need a reminder” he said as he pushed himself on top of her as the kiss deepened and became more passionate. Her hands crept round his neck and began playing with his hair then her mobile began to ring.

“Leave it” he murmured

“I can’t” she laughed as she rolled as she flipped her phone open.

“Hello” she bit her lip “I’m sorry.” Jack heard

“I understand but I don’t need it. I’m sure I’ll find someone. Okay, thanks for a great opportunity.” She sighed as she hung up.

“What’s wrong?” Jack asked

“I think I’ve just been fired.” She stated

=====================================================

Tess and Jack walked into Noah’s and were greeted by Tony, Beth and Alf.

“Stroof, you must really love this place. I thought you were in the city?” Alf almost shouted

“Well, I can’t keep myself away” Tess laughed as Jack took her hand.

“Ah, so more there someone you couldn’t keep yourself away from?” Tony joked

“You know dad, the Holden charm” Jack laughed as Beth and Tess shared a look as Jack opened the paper, “You could waitress at the Mexican at Yabbie Creek? Their looking” he stated, he got the reply of a head shake “No, a porter at the hospital?”

“Can you imagine that? Me cleaning bedpans?” she stared into his eyes

“Maybe not”

“You looking for a job love?” Beth asked

“I kind of got fired from my agent. I got the feeling he was a tad annoyed that I left the contractor sitting at a table awestruck” she laughed

“What qualification have you got?” Tony questioned

“Well, I have a pretty heavy degree in modelling and fashion. And I have a degree in physical Education. PE teacher was a safety net just in case” she explained

“Really, you could use that safety net if you wanted. We’re looking for a PE teacher at the school.”

“Really, would Mr.Hyde really want to recruit me after what happened?” she asked raising her eyebrow

“Well we can ask him.” Tony answered pointing to the door. “Barry, I’ve found us that Phys. Ed teacher, we were looking for” Tony told Barry as he nodded to Tess.

“Really?” Barry asked

“A degree in Phys.Ed teaching” Tess reassured him.

“I’m sure we could give you a go. I’ll get in contact as soon as.” Barry stated

“Thank you so much” she smiled

“Well, I better get to work.” Jack sighed “Are you coming?”

“Do I have to?” Tess said pathetically with puppy dog eyes.

“Since you haven’t even told your dad that your back and staying, I think you do.” He said grabbing her hands, he pulled her off the seat and dragged her towards the door.

===========================================

“So, you’re staying in the bay?” Peter asked his daughter

“If you’ll have me.” She smiled

“Always princess” he reassured her kissing her forehead “As long as you’re happy.”

“I am happy Dad.”

============================================

Sorry it’s short but my Microsoft is playing up. Hope you liked it!!!

Julie

• 4 weeks later...

It’s very short today sorry!!!! I’m tired and can’t really be bothered.

Chapter 8

Pictures say a thousand words.

============================

Jack looked at the clock in front of the reception desk. ‘Only an hour and a half to go’ he thought to himself as he turned towards the locker room where he saw a few of the guys looking at something.

“Hey guys. What you got there?” he asked as he pulled the photos of his mate, he looked at them and was shocked… “Where did you get these?”

=================

Tess sat on the couch with her feet tucked underneath her. Her gaze was broken by Jack who came storming through the front door.

“Hey babe, what’s wrong?” she questioned

He sat down beside her and sighed, “The guys at the station had this guy in on fraud charges and they searched his computer” another sigh “they found these.” He finished handing her the envelope, she opened it cautiously .

“Oh my god” she gasped covering her mouth “where did he-?” she was cut off

“-he said that he downloaded them” he said as he looked at the pictures of his girlfriend standing in her underwear.

“No-one was suppose to see these”

“You mean you knew about these?”

“I dated this photographer and I broke up with him before I came here. I guess he wanted to get back at me.” She explained

Jack looked at her satisfied with her answer, he stood up and placed the pictures in the bin.

Little did he know there was more to the story than meets the eye.

Enjoy

Julie

Chapter 9

Unfaithful

===================

Story of my life

Searching for the right

But it keeps avoiding me

Sorrow in my soul

Cause it seems that wrong

Really loves my company

=======================

“You took my money, you pay me back” he said bluntly

“I don’t have that kind of money. I can’t pay you back, not now”

“Well, we’ll have to find another way you can pay it back” he smirked

=============================================

2 months later

--------------------------

She carefully pushed a soft curl behind her ear and looked in the mirror. She had never felt so miserable and…. disgusted at herself. She sat down on the bed and pulled the strap on her shoe back over her heel. She looked at herself in the mirror once more, fixed her black dress straps and walked out of the room.

And once again began to feel the horrible feeling in the pit of her stomach that made her hate herself.

==============================================

He's more than a man

And this is more than love

The reason that the sky is blue

But clouds are rolling in

Because I'm gone again

And to him I just can't be true

=======================

“Hey, where you off to?” Jack asked with a mouthful of crisps.

“I’m away to hang with a friend, she’s in the city for a while and decided to um….. Come and see me” she forced a smile.

“You’re a bit dressed up.”

She gulped down the lump that had managed to take up residence in her throat whenever she talked to him. “Yeah, we’re… we’re going to that new exclusive restaurant in Yabbie Creek”

“Are you okay?”

“Course, I… I need to go” she said as she walked quickly out of the house.

As Jack watched her leave and thought over her recent behaviour, he bit the side of his mouth, stood up and quickly grabbed his keys

And I know that he knows I'm unfaithful

And it kills him inside

To know that I am happy with some other guy

I can see him dying

I don't wanna do this anymore

I don't wanna be the reason why

Everytime I walk out the door

I see him die a little more inside

I don't wanna hurt him anymore

I don't wanna take away his life

I don't wanna be...

A murderer

==========================================

Tess stood outside the mansion and looked up at the 2nd floor window and took a deep sigh.

“What has my life came to?” she whispered to herself

I feel it in the air

As I'm doing my hair

Preparing for another date

A kiss upon my cheek

As he reluctantly

Asks if I'm gonna be out late

I say I won't be long

Just hanging with the girls

A lie I didn't have to tell

Because we both know

Where I'm about to go

And we know it very well

“I was wondering how long you were going to stand out here for.” The man said “Getting cold feet come on Jessica, you don’t want your little cop boyfriend finding out, do you?”

“Let’s just get this over with” she said coldly as she stepped past him.

Jack looked up at the window she had been staring at and he noticed two silhouettes at the tall window and his heart sank. His eyes welled up with tears as he shoved the key back in the egnision and drove off.

==================================================

Cause I know that he knows I'm unfaithful

And it kills him inside

To know that I am happy with some other guy

I can see him dying

Everytime I walk out the door

I don't wanna hurt him anymore

I don't wanna be...

A murderer

=================================================

As she walked in and closed the door behind her, she leaned against it and let the tears roll freely down her cheek. She looked up to see several of her designer bags sitting in the living room.

“Jack?” she shouted as he came out of their room carrying anther bag in his had “What are you doing?”

“I packed most things for you, you can come back tomorrow when I’m at work.”

“Jack? Why are you doing this?”

“I know”

“You know what?”

“God, Tess don’t act stupid it doesn’t suit you.” He shouted “I saw you, with him!”

“Jack, I can explain” she said tears in her eyes

“How long has it been going on!?”

“Two months.” She said looking at the ground ashamed of herself

“I don’t believe you! I should have walked away that night you came back! I thought you loved me!” he screamed

“I do!” she shouted back

“If you loved me then you would never have done it!”

That’s when she saw him die inside.

=================================================

Our love, his trust

I might as well take a gun and put it to his head

Get it over with

I don't wanna do this

Anymore

Uh

Anymore

=============================================================

She gulped as she lifted the last of her bags outside into the porch. She looked back to see him staring out of the kitchen window.

“I….I did it to save you.” She stated as she looked at her shoes “I’ll always love you” as she picked up her bag and walked out the house.

She stood at the side of the road searching for her keys in her bag, she felt her phone vibrate inside, and she brought it out and looked at the caller-ID. Suddenly her knee gave way when she realised who was calling her. She slipped down the side of the car and cried into her hands as Jack watched on.

======================================

And every time I walk out the door

And I don't wanna hurt him anymore

I don't wanna be...

A murderer

Enjoy

Julie

• 4 weeks later...

Chapter 10

-x-

Tess and Dan silently walked up the main outdoor stairs towards the school building in silence.

“It’s going to get better, Tess” Dan stated

“Uncle Dan thanks for the reassurance but I cheated on my boss’s son. How can it get any worse?”

“Just be strong. I know you can” he sighed as he turned to see Tony, Lucas and Matilda get out of a car and make their way up the stairs, towards himself and Tess.

“Tony” Dan nodded “How have you been?”

Tess looked at Matilda and Lucas who were now staring her down but she wasn’t going to be intimidated by a couple of year 10 students.

“I better go. I told Sally I would help her with some of the year 10 exam markings.” She smiled sweetly

-x-

Tess sighed heavily as she stirred the coffee in front of her, she sat down on the couch that was in the PE base and began picking the fluff off of it. Suddenly the door swung up and she felt sick and nausea. Tony had ignored her for most of the day apart from the bare niceties like ‘Do you want to use the playing fields for year 9?’ but Tess wished that he would scream at her, not only to stick up for his son but to make her feel better. She was brought crashing back to earth when Tony finally spoke to her.

“Why did you do it?” he asked

“There’s a lot more to it.” She stated bluntly

“Like what?”

“I don’t think that’s your business.” She scoffed

“When it involves my son, it is, believe me. I think we should both keep our work and personal life separate. But you need to tell me, then that’s it. It won’t be mentioned again.” He said kneeling down in front of her.

“Practice what you preach Tony.” She snapped standing up and walking out of the room.

-x-

Tess made her way across the now empty playground, she let the rain run down her face and soak through her clothes. Her day hadn’t been fantastic to say the least; she had had evil stares from almost every person in the school, teachers included. Sally was the only person who had given her an encouraging smile but she knew deep down that Sally thought the same as everyone else. That Tess was a cheating tart. She rounded the corner towards the car when she felt a hand go over her mouth and slam her against the wall, pinning her so she couldn’t move. She struggled slightly as the rain streamed down her face, the shadow who had grabbed her finally revealed themselves. Tess gasped as he thrust his hips against hers whinging in pain she tried to let out a scream for a janitor or anyone to hear her.

“You missed our meeting” He hissed “You’ve been ignoring my phone calls, and I’m not happy. You still haven’t repaid your debt.” He finished sliding his hand down her wet face but still holding his tight grip.

“I got busy.” She whispered looking down at the ground; he grabbed her chin pushing her face up to look at him.

“Precious boyfriend find out? Shame you were so happy too” he laughed “I think we had better make up for those missed appointments now, don’t you?”

“No, no, no” she almost screamed as he pushed his lips against her’s, running his hands down her torso and to the rim of her trousers, it was then that she let out the scream. She wasn’t going to let another person push her around, not again. She closed her eyes as she heard someone shout and she slid slowly down the wall, crying. She slowly opened her eyes to see not him kneeling beside her but Tony. She let out a whimper as he looked her in the eyes.

“I think we should get you inside”

-x-

“…and that’s when he threatened Jack…I thought he would leave me alone after that. I could pay him the money and do what he wanted and no one would be any the wiser but that when he kept coming back saying I still owed him.” She finished as I looked at the ground ashamed of myself.

“Why didn’t you say anything? To Peter or Jack or me even?” I asked quietly

“I thought I could handle it.”

“We need to tell someone” I said getting off the couch and squatting in front of her taking her shaking hands in mine, she looked straight through me shaking her head frantically.

“I need sometime and I’ll pay him off. He won’t bother me anymore.”

“He’s been at you for six years; do you really think he’s really going to leave you alone? He’s going to keep hounding you; you’ll never be rid of him. Not unless you tell someone.” I reasoned “It’s your choice.”

“Can you tell Jack?” she whispered

-x-

I sat picking at my spaghetti when Dad walked in soaking wet and looking flustered. I stood up from my seat and stared at him.

“Ever heard of a rain coat?” I laughed

“Mate, I need to tell you something.” He stated

“What’s wrong?”

Then he told me, as I sat staring at my hands a million things rushing through my head: Was she telling the truth? Who was this guy? All I could think was how I treated her and all along she was trying to protect me. I looked up at dad a tear in my eye as I realised how stupid I had been, I was so caught up in not being made a mug again I forgot one thing, I loved her and that was the be all and end all. She made lots of big mistakes with her life but she always made big come backs.

“She was genuine. Stop following your head and follow your heart.”

“I don’t want to get hurt.” I sniffed “Not again.”

“She loves you, look at what she did for you. It’s not about jumping, it’s about taking the leap and praying to god you learn to fly.” He said inspirationally, I stood up and grabbed my keys, smiled at him then ran out the door.

-x-

I stood in front of my bedroom mirror, gently brushing my hair. I sighed heavily contemplating what my next move would be. Should I stay or should I run? I looked down at my high heeled boots and wondered if this was what my life was going to be like, always running and never standing up for myself. My head darted up when I heard the front door slam close.

“Dad!?” I shouted not moving an inch; I bent down to pick up a bobble from the floor and looked in the mirror as I got up.

“What are you doing here?”

-x-

Hehe I’m evil!!!!!! This is the second last chapter in the fic so you’ll find out when I update next. Enjoy.

Archived