Logies hopeful ready to impress

Guest Andy

Logies hopeful ready to impress

Sunday Telegraph

30 April 2006

HOME And Away star Jodi Gordon doesn't expect to beat former Miss Universe Jennifer Hawkins to a Logie next week, but hopes to make a big impression on the red carpet.

Gordon, 21, is in the running for Most Popular New Female Talent Logie on TV's night of nights, but concedes Hawkins is likely to win.

"There's some very stiff competition for that Logie," Gordon says.

"Everybody knows this award is a popularity contest, and Jen (nominated for The Great Outdoors) is certainly going to be hard to beat."

Gordon believes the competition will be evenmore intense on the red carpet.

"In many ways, the whole night revolves around what we wear," she says.

"I'll be wearing a gorgeous dress by Toni Maticevski, my favourite Aussie designer, whom I've admired for years."

This year's awards are shaping as a night when both the very new and also the more senior members of the television fraternity will shine.

Firming as favourite for the prestigious Gold Logie is former Blue Heelers stalwart John Wood, followed closely by Rove McManus and Kate Ritchie.

Bert Newton is also in the running for the coveted Gold Logie after scoring his first nomination in 22 years.

The 67-year-old garnered the nomination after his highly publicised switch from Network Ten to the Nine Network in December.

its for TV personalities, whether they r actors or presentors doesnt matter.

'most popular so and so talent' are the categories which home and away people and home and away are nominated for.

the 'most outstanding so and so tv whatever' are the categories for actors but home and away isnt nominated for them

Archived