Beverly Hills 90210

Guest Drew

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Rob Thomas (creator of 'Veronica Mars') wrote a script for the spin-off but stepped down as creator of the show so he could work on 'Outrageous Fortune' and 'Cupid' pilots. Two writers from 'What About Brian' (their names escape me, Gabe Sachs I think and somebody else), are in talks with the CW to rewrite Rob's script, and Rob is expected to continue with the show as executive producer if it gets picked up.

Tori Spelling has expressed interest in reprising her role as Donna in the spin-off but that's all it was, her expressing interest in it. She isn't actually attached to the show. There are rumours though that there are characters in Rob's script with the last name Silver, who could be related to Tori's character Donna Martin-Silver and Brian Austin Green's character from the original, David Silver.

Rob did want to bring back Jennie Garth to play Kelly but it may not happen because she's already signed on for a CBS comedy pilot that might air next season.

That should give you some info. I did my research in study period yesterday at school :lol:

By Nellie Andreeva

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Jennie Garth has abruptly departed from a CBS comedy pilot, raising speculation that she will return to the "Beverly Hills, 90210" fold in a spinoff being developed at the CW network.

Garth had been cast in CBS' "My Best Friend's Girl," which revolves around two best friends whose relationship becomes complicated when one (Tim Peper) starts dating the ex-wife of the other (Josh Cooke).

Garth was to play the ex-wife. She left after the table read Monday, in what was described as a mutual decision between her and the producers. Garth has been coping with the death of her father, who passed away after she was cast in the project. Canadian actress Kristin Booth is replacing her.

Meanwhile, it had been reported that Rob Thomas, who wrote the script for the "90210" spinoff, has been looking to recruit Garth to reprise her role as Kelly Taylor. The character would possibly return to her alma mater as a fashion design teacher.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

• 3 weeks later...

New casting news...

Lori Loughlin Joins New "90210"

Get ready for Aunt Becky to switch zip codes, as former “Full House” actress Lori Loughlin joins the cast of the new “Beverly Hills, 90210.”

According to MovieWeb, Loughlin will play Celia Mills, mother to lead character Annie on The CW’s remake of the classic 90s teen drama. Variety reports that producers had apparently been trying to woo Hilary Duff to the role of Annie, but she declined.

Loughlin is best known for her roles as an aunt who takes care of her recently orphaned nieces and nephews in the WB’s “Summerland,” as well as the role of Aunt Becky in the ABC show “Full House.”

Production on the pilot should start soon, with a possible debut during next fall’s television season.

Source

(Better Source) Loughlin in, Duff out of CW's '90210'

LOS ANGELES, April 28 (UPI) -- Lori Loughlin of U.S. TV's "Full House" fame will be in the CW's "Beverly Hills, 90210" remake, but Hilary Duff won't play her daughter, producers say.

The network had been courting the former "Lizzie McGuire" star to play the female lead in its high school drama, but her people informed producers Monday it wasn't the type of role Duff wants to play, sources told Variety.

Loughlin is definitely on board for the role of the starlet's mom and the search for said starlet continues, Variety said.

In addition to her years on ABC's "Full House," Loughlin appeared in the WB's "Summerland."

Source

"90210" spinoff adds cast members

Ryan Eggold and Jessica Walter have signed on to The CW's "Beverly Hills, 90210" spinoff, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Eggold, last seen on FX's "Dirt," will portray a teacher at West Beverly High whose unusual style irks the faculty while bringing his students closer, sometimes too close.

Walter will play Tabitha Mills, a has-been Hollywood starlet who finds comfort in a bottle and whose alcoholism is the reason her son's family moved to Beverly Hills from Kansas. Tabitha is the grandmother of WBHS student Annie (Shenae Grimes) and mother-in-law to Celia (Lori Loughlin), a former Olympic Games medalist.

These women join the previously cast AnnaLynne McCord and Dustin Milligan

Source

Walter will play Tabitha Mills, a has-been Hollywood starlet who finds comfort in a bottle and whose alcoholism is the reason her son's family moved to Beverly Hills from Kansas. Tabitha is the grandmother of WBHS student Annie (Shenae Grimes) and mother-in-law to Celia (Lori Loughlin), a former Olympic Games medalist.

I love SHENAE GRIMES she's DARCY from Degrassi.... HANG ON she leaves Degrassi??? :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

The spin-off has a name! 90210!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1225901/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/90210_%28TV_series%29

CAST

90210.jpg

ALSO:

Spelling Negotiates For '90210' Spin-Off Role

Tori Spelling's wish to star in the planned Beverly Hills, 90210 spin-off series may come true - she is in negotiations to reprise her breakthrough role in the new show. The actress first found fame playing Donna Martin in the hit high school drama, which ran from 1990 to 2000. And after hearing of plans to revive the defunct series in a new spin-off show, the star has been desperate to land a part - even offering to play the role of a sexy mom. Now, Spelling - whose late father, TV producer Aaron Spelling, created the original show - admits she would love make a comeback with her pal Jennie Garth. She tells People.com, "Jennie is already on board for the series and we have been in touch about it. I would love to see our characters together again and get the chance to work with my friend again." Spelling also claims it was her late father's wish to see the hit 1990s show make a comeback She explains, "It was always my dad's dream and intention to make a new 90210 before he passed, so I know he is proud and he would be even more proud if I were a part of it."

SOURCE

Archived