Mending hearts and spirits

Guest D.J Rocks

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lara's surname is Fitzgerald, it has been known since her first appearance.

I also think it would be great if the show fleshed out some of its bit part players on occasion instead of constantly bringing in new characters to fill a void.

Home and Away has been quite good in recent years in retaining a semi-permanent guest cast. To my reckoning there are:

Nurse Julie (Lisa Hayson-Phillips)

Nurse Gloria (Maria Matteo)

Nurse Ryan (Bronwen Gault)

Dr. Wilson

Const. Lara Fitzgerald (Rebecca george)

Sen. Const. Ken Harper (Mark McCann)

Sergeant McGrath (Kim Knuckey)

Is that them all or have I missed some?

Also are all these still about in recent Oz episodes (I'm in the UK)?

Nurse Julie (Lisa Hayson-Phillips)

Const. Lara Fitzgerald (Rebecca george)

Sen. Const. Ken Harper (Mark McCann)

These are still here, and I think that Dr.Wilson sometimes makes an appearance on a busy night.

Have been doing some more Nurse Julie research for all you fans out there...

Her first appearance (that I have found) was in episode 3358, towards the end of the 2002 season, way back in the days of Don & June, Flynee Mark 1, Charlotte and Max! This makes her one of the longest surviving characters.

Also in the episode where Sally and Flynn get married (3538), her surname is revealed...she's Nurse Julie Cooper!

How many of you knew that eh?

Martin

Would-be Expert (in-training) on H&A Trivia

Martin, your astute knowledge of our Julie has pleased me dearly, much of this knowledge not known by me until just reading this right here now. Of course I did actually start the thread by naming her Julie Cooper, an item of knowledge I was informed of. If this is true that she has been around since the days of 3358 then she truly is one of the longest serving on the cast. This is truly amazing and happy-making news as it means that Julie is nearing having been on the show for a 1000 episode time span at the end of this year/start of next year, possibly the point at which she is announced as a new regular character and new focus of the show along with her flatmate Lara Fitzgerald.

I also noticed a much more masculine nature to Lara in Tuesday's episode in comparison to Julie, I feel this could mean that the two may be in a relationship with Lara being the alpha-female in the household, which would make them the first real lesbian relationship on the show which would be truely remarkable and groundbreaking for these two small-town women.

I also noticed a much more masculine nature to Lara in Tuesday's episode in comparison to Julie, I feel this could mean that the two may be in a relationship with Lara being the alpha-female in the household, which would make them the first real lesbian relationship on the show which would be truely remarkable and groundbreaking for these two small-town women.

I've never been more convinced of the love between Lara and Julie.

Sergeant McGrath (Kim Knuckey)

Sergeant McGrath is still a character on Home & Away. Martha keeps telling Jack to go 'see him' about this Peter business. Don't know if that same man still plays him though.

Is Lara ment to be a replacement of Corey? Not in an evil way but as Jack's partner. Because they are always at the police station together & they used to go visit the Believers farm together.

I feel that with Julie around the news of Charlotte's death was just a little bit easier. I feel that perhaps we were not shown any proper scenes of Julie's mourning of Charlotte's death considering that they were workmates, and I feel that Nurse Julie probably served the same purpose in Charlotte's life that she does now with Rachel, although perhaps having wisened more over 4 years she can prevent Rachel's death. We really were robbed of those scenes of Julie and Charlotte out late at night partying it up.

Archived