Mending hearts and spirits

Guest D.J Rocks

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The original Terri Garner was excellent and integral to many storylines and it was a case of a recurring guest star being an important part of the continuing stories (she wasn't just brought in for one story), rather than a background contrivance (like Morag is so often). Great actress too. She really made an impact in her time. Terri also showed us that there are long term residents in the Bay who aren't in the credits.

They kind of ruined it with the new actress in my opinion but I was sad when she left - sadder than when I have been when a lot of regulars who had their 3 episodes a week have left.

A few years ago they tried to bring that back with Constable Pia (or something) who was friends with Jesse, but it didn't work out the same.

Nurse Julie is probably the most comparable to Terri Garner, but she's limited by the fact that we only see her in the hospital. With all the hospital action we've gotten lately her role has been increased too, plus the stuff with Flynn was great too when she got to cry. I personally think it would be nice to see her out in the bar or something (everyone in town knows her by now). And since she worked with Zoe, so she could and should be affected by upcoming stuff.

I didn't like the 2nd Terri Garner much either, nothing wrong with the actress, she was just too different. But she had a big storyline coming up (affair with Tom Nash) and the original actress was busy.

I liked Pia and was a bit annoyed that she just disappeared. What was the point of giving her that entrance to the show when she only appeared a few times?

As for Nurse Julie, I guess she's the latest. How long till she disappears or gets murdered I wonder?

Archived