Harry's Revenge

Guest Jamey-Maria

Here's the next chapter. Please review. Enjoy

Chapter five

Harry Chambers eyes cast immediatley to the table were Jack was sitting. He could smell the fear from were he was standing and see the vulnerable look in Jack's eyes. He was making him uncomfortable, no he was making him squirm. Harry loved that feeling. He was showing Jack up for the weasel he was; the pathetic little boy that killed his daughter and was still aloud to work as a cop and roam the streets with a gun. He knew that he could make Jack feel like this any time he wanted and it made him feel so powerful. He was in control and he absolutley loved it. Harry had completley pushed the thought that his daughter had done anything wrong out of his mind. He denied the fact that Emily had shot someone first (Jack's partner) and was pointing a gun at Jack or that she was in the middle of robbing a shop. He had even overlooked that his perfect little angel had a gun. The only thing that mattered was making Jack suffer and that justice was served. An eye for an eye. That's what justice is! Harry began to become increasingly angry as each second passed. The anger was beginning to boil over inside of him and for a second he thought he was going to start raging abuse. But he didn't, he had kept a poker face the entire time. He took a second to compose himself, put on the friendliest smile he knew how and walked over to the booth full of unison shocked faces. Tony stood up almost immediatley and took a step forward so he was standing straight inbetween Harry and Jack, shielding his son. If he was going to come back for more, he was going to have to go through me first Tony thought. Jack stayed seated but was still able to see Harry's face over his father's shoulder. Jack started thinking about the past few months he'd spent in Summer Bay. Despite all the initial drama they'd been the happiest times he'd spent anywhere for years. Jack knew that all his problems of late were nothing compared to Harry Chambers. He would have given anything at that moment to take back all the complaining and winging he had been doing.

"What do you want?" Tony viciously spat out. "Havn't you already done enough?"

"Yeah, this isn't fair," Lucas joined. He knew that his father would tell him to stay out of it but he couldn't help it. He remembered all that his sibiling had been through and how he couldn't stand seeing his srong, older brother so depressed that he couldn't do anything. He couldn't get out of bed in the morning and he couldn't stand being out in public. It was all because of that man. Nothing ever seemed to cheer him up, until they moved to Summer Bay. Jack was the happiest they had ever seen him and Lucas wasn't prepared to give that up yet. To Lucas' suprise Tony didn't object. He didn't take his eyes off Harry Chambers.

"I didn't come here to cause trouble," He defended.

"Then why did you come?" Tony asked still standing. He wasn't going to lay off just yet.

"I came to make a mends. I've realised everything that I did in the past was completely wrong and I couldn't go on living with myself knowing that I had caused so much pain. Losing my daughter was the hardest thing i've ever had to deal with and I wasn't thinking clearly when I put Jack through everything that I did." The tone in voice sounded entirely sincere and he seemed to be completley genuine. Nobody said anything as nobody actually knew what to say. Tony let his guard down and the anger in his face faded away.

"Look I know that it will be hard to forget everything that I put you through," Harry continued. "And i know that it won't be easy to forgive. I know certainly that neither of us can forget what happened, but I was hoping that we could but it behind us and start afresh. Especially since I'm going to be staying here for a while." Jack was totally taken aback by this. He suddenly felt a huge weight being lifted from his shoulders. He had put the incident as far behind him as he could but he still thought about it all the time. He still had nightmares where he saw Emily's face. Jack simply couldn't have hoped for anything better than this, to move on was one thing but to be forgiven and finally have some closure was another. He realised that Harry was now looking at him and he stood up and walked past his dad to face him.

"Truce?" Harry asked.

"Truce!" He replied.

Jack gave him an awkward smile and Harry returned it with an outstreched hand. Jack hesitated for a moment but then shook realising that this was a huge thing for Harry to be doing. As the two hands meet Jack finally felt relief cover his entire body. All the pain and hurt was not gone but he felt like for the first time in years he was one step closer in the right direction to healing. What Jack didn't realise was that what was on the other end of the olive branch was a mind with a sinister plan for revenge. Harry had used every ounce of will power not to take that hand and wrap it around Jack's neck. To watch him struggle for air and see his face turn a deathish colour of blue. All in good time he though to himself. All in good time.

"Well I'll see you round then," He said as he turned to walk out of the diner.

The occupants of the booth again watched as the man walked out of the diner, Luke was the first to break the silence.

"Wow, "He exclaimed looking even more gobsmacked than he had before. "What do you make of that?"

"Maddy maybe you and I should go and see what's on the specials board this morning and give the boys and Tony some time to talk?" Beth asked. As she and Matilda walked away and aproached the counter Tony turned to his eldest son.

"Well that was certainly out of the blue."

"Ah yeah it was," Jack said as he spoke his first words since the exchange had taken place. He hadn't realised that he had been holding his breath the entire time.

"I can't believe he's here," Lucas spoke again. "Are you going to be O.k with that?" He asked looking slightly concerned.

"What do you mean?" Jack questioned back.

"Well mate to be making peace with the whole situation is one thing, but do you think you can handle seeing him on a regular basis for however long it is he's staying?" Tony took over.

"Well I don't think I really have a choice do i? And after that huge gester I think I should try my best to put my pesonal preferences of whether it's going to be hard having him here or not aside. Don't you think?"

"Yeah I do actually. But any time that you need to talk you know I'm here," Tony pushed.

"Same goes for me," Added Lucas.

"Yeah I know, and thank you guys, i really appreciate it!" The boys all smiled and Lucas gave Jack a nudge.

"Now that that's sorted, CAN WE PLEASE ORDER BREAKFAST, I'M STARVING!!!" Lucas pleaded.

Harry was now outside the diner. He stopped and lent against the brick wall. He wanted to chop his hand off, he couldn't believe that he had just shaken that man's hand. He knew that what he was doing would gradually build up to the satisfaction and revenge that he wanted but pretending to be forgiving of Jack or even on speaking terms with him was really hard. It's just one of those little obstacles your going to have to overcome he told himself. It will happen you just have to be patient. Harry sighed as a big gust of wind swept through the bay. He pulled out the picture that was in his pocket and looked at it for a minute. The photo of his broken family.

"I'm doing this for you," He whispered, before kissing it. "Don't worry my baby, we'll have our revenge!"

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived