Harry's Revenge

Guest Jamey-Maria

Heres the next chapter. Enjoy!

Chapter five

Martha ran as fast as she could into the bathroom and locked the door. It slamed shut as she slid down the wall and wrapped her arms around her knees huddling them, burrying her face in her hands. If she saw Jack now she would be completly weak and every resolution that she made would fall to the fall, along with her clothes. She couldn't allow that to happen, she wouldn't be able to control herself, and now was not the time to lose her head.

"Martha, are you here?" Jack asked while walking down the hall after hearing the thud that the door had made. Martha didn't say anything. She just sat there breathing in the stale smell of her p.j's and trying not to shiver against the cold surface of the bathroom wall. He was outside the door now, she could feel it now. There was only a flimsy, wooden door separating her and Jack.

"Martha, are you in here?" Jack asked again knocking on the door. "Are you alright."

"Yeah, I'm here." She replied in a muffled voice. Martha figured the only way to get rid of Jack was to again lie about being sick. She had to be forceful because she knew that he was going to want to stay with her as he did last night.

"Um, I'm still not felling well," And with that she let out a fake little cough, trying to make it sound as believable as possible.

"I thought you were feeling better yesterday when I left," He questioned, sounding worried.

"Yeah well, I woke up this morning and it just hit me all of a sudden. There was a long pause of silence as Jack carefully took in what Martha had said.

"I should probably take you to the doctor."

"I can't," She quipped

"No your right, I'll get Flynn to make a house call, I'm sure he won't mind."

"Really it's not that bad, ohnestly Jack just leave me."

"Well i still think you should see a doctor," Jack shot out, still very concerned about her wellfare.

"It's fine really."

"Martha now's not the time to be stubborn."

"Jack please," Martha pleaded bewildered. She was starting to become frustated with how hard it was to get rid of him. If he kept this up she knew what she was going to have to do, but she really didn't want to. Martha sighed as she heard Jack start up again.

"If you won't see a doctor then at least let me stay with you, Alf's away and you need someone here with you. I'll make you a hot cup of tea and something to eat. You must stil be tired. I can run you a bath if you like."

"NO," Martha yelled "I don't want a bath, a cuppa and something thing to eat I want you to get out."

"Mar...."

"NOW!" She cut him off.

Jack turned to walk straight out the way he came in. He was going to respect her wishes. She was obviously and understandably in a bad mood. Jack was still very concerned about her but she was in a mood and an agro Martha was not something he had or wanted to put up with. Not now that they wern't together. Damn he thought as he closed the door and reflected why he had gone over in the first place. It didn't matter any way, if he had brought up the topic she probably would have been in an even worse mood, It wasn't the right time. When he was going to tell Martha how he felt he would make sure that she was completley herself and felt the same, although after that episode he wasn't sure that she did.

Martha took her head out of her hands after she had heared the door close. A tear glided down her cheek and dripped onto her hand. She stared at the wet drop on her for a moment, suddenly she realised that this wasn't the first time she had done this. The other times she snapped she had been furious with him but having to do it just then for no reason was painful and she came to the realisation that she had also done it for no reason all the other times aswell. Martha was glad she was on the other side of the door because she wouldn't have been able to handle it if she had to see his face. She was blinking back tears now and at that moment she hated herself. Jack had only ever cared about Martha and she treated him like dirt. She yelled at him and blamed him for things that were not his fault. She took her frustrations out on him and he didn't deserve that. Then to top it all off just a week after they broke up she started seeing someone else. But not just anyone, no, she had started seeing his partner. Martha felt like a total bitch as horrble things that she had done came crawling into her head and wouldn't leave her alone. How could i have been such an idiot? Her eyes welled with a fresh pool of tears and Martha callapsed her head in her hands again crying for at the pathetic wreck that her life had become.

Jack had just walked down into the diner when Lucas and Tony signaled for him to join them for breakfast with Beth and Matilda. Jack knew that the attention would be on him so when he walked over there and sat down next to Luke he immediatley started up a conversation. Not giving anyone a chace to speak.

"This is the second time youv'e eaten out in two days Dad, you better watch that waist line," Jack smirked.

"You ate out last night and you didn't think to invite me," Lucas intervened.

"There's nothing wrong with my waistline, thank you very much," Tony protested.

"Mum certainly doesn't think so," Matilda scoffed.

"MATILDA," Beth howled, a blush creeping across her face. Tony, Jack, Lucas and Matilda found this very amusing and were all laughing in hysterics at Beth's uncomfortable silence until Tony's face went stone cold, followed by Beth's.

"Dad what's wrong?" Lucas asked as he turned his attention behind him at what they were looking at, Matida aswell. Lucas' mouth also dropped at the sight. Jack was the last to turn around trying to work out why they were all so gobsmaked. He immediatley spotted what they were looking at and his heart sank. It was the last thing in the world Jack had expected or wanted to see. He could feel a dry sensation in his mouth and he felt like he was going to choke on his tongue. All of a sudden all Jack could hear in his head was the sound of a gun shot. BANG, BANG, BANG, it replayed in his head and in his mind he kept picturing the second the balaclava was removed to reveal a sixteen year old girl. Jack was holding back tears now as he recalled what he had done. It wasn't over yet Jack thought. He was back for more. They all sat in silence staring at the opening to the diner and the man standing in it. Harry Chambers was in Summer Bay.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived