Which bands or artists have you seen?

Guest TabbyCool

A lot of them were at festivals, I've been to Glastonbury 4 times so I get to see a lot of bands there that I wouldn't necessarily see otherwise.

But I love going to gigs anyway and a lot of them have been pretty cheap (I paid £8 to see Mew, £12 to see Bowling For Soup).

Yeah, that is quite cheap, cheaper than i would of thought. It's good if loads of bands that you like play at a festival because that would mean you don't have to wait around for the one artist or band that you like you can just enjoy the whole show.

I get restless if there are too many bands I like at a festival! I need time in between bands to actually do stuff, otherwise I end up wandering and missing bands I want to see. It's not the case at a lot of festivals where there's nothing to do but watch bands, Glastonbury is huge, you could walk around for hours and not see everything. I've been there 4 years in a row and I think there are still parts of the site I haven't seen. There are loads of different stalls and performers and stuff wherever you go. When you get tired of wandering around, it's always nice to sit down with a nice cool drink too :-) Last year I only saw a few bands, the year before I saw maybe 2 or 3 complete sets and spent the rest of the time wandering around doing other stuff!

*Is sad that there is no Glastonbury this year* :-(

Oh, how come glastonbury isn't on?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have a break every 5 years to give the land (and the locals!) a rest. The site is a working dairy farm, the land needs to recover every few years.

I might go to Beautiful Days instead, it's a smaller festival in Devon. The festival is run by The Levellers, so they always headline. It's pretty cool that they have their own festival too :-)

They have a break every 5 years to give the land (and the locals!) a rest. The site is a working dairy farm, the land needs to recover every few years.

I might go to Beautiful Days instead, it's a smaller festival in Devon. The festival is run by The Levellers, so they always headline. It's pretty cool that they have their own festival too :-)

I suppose that makes sense, i don't party in the park was on last year because live 8 being on. Live 8 was better though, i wonder whether it is on this year party in the park.

I saw them in 2003 at Old Trafford Cricket Ground, they were third on the bill, before Suede and David Bowie. They were pretty good, no jumping around though! lol

It rained a lot though, got totally soaked to the skin! :-(

Good gig though, if you like them, you should enjoy it, they play well live.

Thanks for that. Sometimes I can like a band and then they turn out to be disappointing live. Hopefully this should be a good one. :)

This one's in a church, so hopefully no rain. :S

iv'e seen a whole load of bands on one show. live 8!

Which ones did you enjoy the most?

I only watched part of it on TV because I wasn't bothered about most of the bands that played. I thought Pink Floyd were awesome though, I'd love to see them if they reformed for one last tour or just one last gig.

They were all really good, but I guess the opening act was very memorable with sir Paul McCartney.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

*bumping thread*

I've seen a couple of bands/artists live :D [not alot, really]

-Gyroscope [x2]

-Pennywise

-Kate Alexa

-Something for Kate [met them]

-The Gingers

-MC Lars

I think thats all.

Archived