Guest bay girl

Story Title:In The Dark

Type of story: Long Fic

Main Characters: Martha, Jack, Corey, Irene

BTTB rating: A: Adult content or themes. Recommended 15+

Does story include spoilers:No

Is story being proof read: No

Any warnings: SC- Sexual content, V-violence, L- language

Summary: Martha and Jack broke up after the whole ear thing. Martha's been dating Corey for a couple of weeks, but has come to realise that she is still in love with Jack. They start seeing each other behind Corey's back. Will Corey find out?

IN THE DARK

This story is set about 2 weeks after Martha and Jack’s breakup. Martha has started dating Corey, but only to make Jack jealous. Martha realises that it’s time to come clean. But how?

WARNING- THIS FIC CONTAINS MATERIAL THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR YOUNGER PEOPLE. THANK YOU.

CHAPTER ONE

It was a quiet afternoon at Noah’s Bar, and Martha was bored. She looked at her watch; 20 more minutes and she was free. Her shift had seemed to drag on for hours and she couldn’t wait to get home. She was supposed to go out on a date with Corey later that night, but she was going to call him and tell him that she wasn’t feeling well. It was the best excuse she could come up with.

“Hey Mac,” a cheerful voice said. Martha looked up and saw Tasha coming towards the counter, with Robbie and Jack close behind her. Martha’s heart skipped a few beats when she saw Jack.

“Hey,” Martha smiled at her friends. “Can we get 3 juices please?” Robbie smiled at her.

Martha nodded. “Sure,” she said. Jack and Robbie then went and sat at a table, leaving Tasha at the bar with Martha.

Martha got out 3 cups and filled them up with juice. Tasha grabbed 2 of the cups and took them to the boys. She then returned, so she could talk to Martha.

“When does your shift finish?” Tasha asked, taking a sip of her drink.

“About 20 minutes. Thank god. I can’t wait to go home. I have the house to myself tonight, so I’m really looking forward to some alone time,” Martha told her.

“I thought you had a date with Corey tonight?” Tasha questioned.

Martha sighed. “I’m supposed to, but I’m gonna cancel. I just don’t really feel like it tonight,” she replied.

Martha looked up and found Jack watching her. She kept her eyes locked on his for a few moments but then looked away.

Tasha noticed Martha looking at Jack and she sighed. “You have to stop this craziness Mac,” Tasha spoke.

“What are you talking about?” Martha asked, confused.

“I’m talking about this whole thing with Jack and Corey. It needs to stop,” Tasha told her.

Martha went to speak, but stopped when she saw Beth approaching. “Hey girls. Martha you can finish now if you like. It’s pretty quiet,” Beth said.

“Thanks Beth,” Martha smiled. Martha grabbed her bag from under the counter. “Well I guess I’m off then,” she said to Tasha.

She went to walk away but Tasha grabbed her arm. “Not so fast, we haven’t finished talking yet,” Tasha said.

“Tash, there is nothing to talk about,” she snapped, and roughly pulled her arm away from Tasha.

Robbie and Jack, who had noticed the tension between the girls, got up from their seats and walked over to see what was going on. “Is everything okay?” Robbie asked with a curious look on his face.

Martha snapped her gaze onto Robbie. “Yes Doctor, everything is fine. Now, if you don’t mind, I’m going home. I’m tired and I really feel like having some ‘me’ time. Does anyone else have a problem with that?” she said, raising her voice.

“Nope,” Robbie and Jack spoke at the same time, shaking their heads. They then quickly walked off towards the pool table. “Crazy chicks,” Robbie muttered on the way. “Hey, I heard that,” Martha spat out.

Martha looked at Tasha, she could tell that she had hurt her feelings. “Tash, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to snap at you,” she said, sitting down on a chair.

“What’s going on inside that head of yours?” Tasha asked, sitting down next to her.

“I miss Jack,” Martha answered truthfully, surprising even herself with how honest she was being.

“I never would have guessed,” Tasha joked.

“Is it that obvious?” Martha asked.

“Martha, you and Jack had something special. The kind of special people spend a lifetime looking for. It’s not just something that you can forget about after 2 weeks,” Tasha answered.

Martha sighed. “You know what I miss the most? Waking up with him in the morning. Even if it was only for a week. And I miss the way he kissed me, the way he touched me. He made me feel like I was the most important person in the world,” she said, remembering back to the short time they were together.

“I don’t know why I did it Tash,” Martha spoke. Tasha was confused. “What do you mean?” Tasha asked.

“I don’t know why I agreed to go out with Corey. I guess I just wanted to hurt Jack, like he hurt me,” Martha told Tasha. “But I didn’t realise that by hurting him, I’d be hurting myself even more,” she explained.

“So you admit that you’re only dating Corey to make Jack jealous. To hurt him?” Tasha questioned.

“Yes, I have no feelings for Corey whatsoever,” Martha admitted. “I just wanted to make Jack jealous,” she kept on.

“Well it’s working. I’ve seen the look on Jack’s face whenever he sees you with Corey. It’s so obvious that he’s hurting. Maybe now is the time to tell Corey that it’s not going to work out,” Tasha told her.

“Yeah, I know. But how am I supposed to tell Corey. I feel like such a bitch,” Martha started. “And how do I know if Jack will even want me back. After the way I have treated him the last couple weeks, I wouldn’t blame him if he never wanted to see me again,” Martha continued.

Tasha laughed. “Are you really that blind? All you have to do is say the word and Jack would come back to you in an instant,” she explained.

Martha smiled at her best friend. “Thanks for listening. It feels good to have told someone,” she said.

“No problem. You can tell me anything, you know that,” Tasha told her.

“Now all I have to do is gather up the courage to tell Jack and Corey. That’s going to be the hardest part,” Martha said.

“I’m glad that I’m not in your position,” said Tasha.

“I’ve only got my self to blame,” Martha answered, standing up from her chair. “Well I’m gonna go now. I’ve gotta call Corey and cancel our date. Then I’ve got to figure out a way to break the news to him and Jack,” she continued.

Martha gave Tasha a hug and walked away, waving goodbye to Robbie and Jack as she passed them.

Martha was about 50 feet away from Noah’s when she heard her name being called out.

“Martha,” the voice called. She spun around and saw that Jack was running towards her.

********************************************************************************

Next chapter will be up either tonight or in the morning.

Hope you liked the first chapter. Tell me what you think.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys. Here's another chapter. Sorry but it's not very long.

CHAPTER TWO

Martha stood on the spot, watching as Jack approached her. What does he want? Maybe he overheard her conversation with Tasha, she thought to herself.

“Hey,” he said when he reached her. Martha didn’t say anything, just gave him a small smile. “Um, I just wanted to let you know that some of your clothes are still at my place,” he told her.

“Really, I didn’t know,” she said, but in true fact, she knew that some of her stuff was still there. She left them there purposely; hoping that they would remind Jack of her whenever he saw them. So he wouldn’t forget.

“Yeah, I’ve been meaning to drop them off, but I keep forgetting,” Jack said.

“Okay, thanks for telling me,” Martha started. “If you’re going home, I’ll come and pick them up now if you like,” she continued. Maybe while she was there, she could talk to him about them getting back together.

“Alright, do you need a ride?” Jack asked her.

Martha shook her head. “No, I’ll get my car. Thanks anyway,” she replied.

“See you soon then,” Jack said, and turned around and walked off towards his car.

Martha slowly made her way to her car. She opened the door and sat down. She got her mobile out of her bag and found Corey’s number. “Now to call Corey, and cancel our date,” she said out loud to herself.

Martha slowly walked up the driveway to the Holden house. She felt a small flutter inside her; she was nervous. She couldn’t help the feeling, but lately whenever Jack was close by; she got butterflies. He was the only one who did that to her.

She made her way to the door and knocked. A few seconds later Jack was answering the door and inviting her in. “Where’s your dad and Lucas?” she asked Jack.

“They’ve gone to Yabbie Creek to watch a movie,” he told her. Good, so we’re alone, Martha thought to herself.

“Um, your stuff is in my room,” Jack said, turning around and walking towards his room. Martha decided to follow him, and stood in his door way watching him as he opened one of his drawers and got a small stack of her clothes out of it.

Martha’s eyes skimmed around his room, it still looked the same and it still smelt the same. It smelt like Jack; her favourite smell in the whole world. Her eyes then fell onto his bed. Just looking at it flooded her mind with memories and images of them making love to each other; pleasuring each other on that very bed. God, she wanted that back so much.

She heard a cough; it was Jack trying to get her attention. She looked at him, and felt a blush creeping up into her face. How embarrassing, I wonder if he knows what I was just thinking about, she thought.

Martha spun on her heel and walked back out to the kitchen. “I hope you don’t mind, but I washed them,” Jack said as he followed behind her. He sat the clothes on top of the bench in front of her.

“Oh, you didn’t have to. But thanks anyway,” she said gratefully.

“You know, I’m surprised you’re even talking to me. I thought you couldn’t stand the sight of me?” Jack asked.

“Look, I’m sorry for the way I’ve been treating you the last 2 weeks,” Martha started. “But you gotta understand that I was angry and upset about how things ended between us,” she continued.

“So are you saying that you’re not angry with me anymore?” Jack questioned her.

Martha nodded her head. “I’m over it,” she confirmed. Jack looked at her and smiled. “Thanks,” he said.

“Jack, I need to tell you something,” she shot out. He looked at her curiously. “What is it?” he asked. Martha looked up into his face, she opened her mouth to speak, but nothing came out because she didn’t know what to say.

Martha then suddenly realised that Jack was standing quite close to her. God he is sexy, she thought. She actually kind of wished that he would move a little farther away from her, because she could feel something inside of her stirring and she didn’t know if she would be able to control it with him standing that close to her.

Martha scratched her eyebrow and took a step back from Jack. “Um, you know what? It doesn’t matter. I’ll tell you another time,” she said, trying to look anywhere but at him.

“Why do you feel nervous around me all of a sudden?” Jack asked her. Martha looked at him, scratching her eyebrow again. “I’m not nervous. Why would you think that?” she asked.

Jack laughed. “Because you only scratch your eyebrow when you’re nervous,” he replied.

“I’m not nervous. Look I’m just trying to say that I ….,” Martha started, but stopped.

“Say what?” he urged.

Martha sighed. She couldn’t do this right now. Plus it was probably be better if she broke up with Corey first, before she went and declared her love for someone else.

“I have to go. Sorry,” she said, turning and rushing out the door, before he got a chance to stop her.

“Martha, wait,” Jack called out. He sighed and sat down on a stool, noticing that Martha had left without her clothes. He’d just have to drop it off himself.

He wondered what was going on with Martha. She was acting strange, and he wanted to know why.

He’d seen the look in her eyes when she had been in his room before, and for a moment Jack had thought that maybe Martha still wanted to be with him.

But then he remembered…….., she had Corey now.

Hey guys. Here's the next chapter. Sorry it took so long to update. This chapter was originally two chapters, but i just combined it into one. So it's quite long.

A word of warning- this chapter has some content that may not be suitable for younger people.

CHAPTER THREE

Later that night after dinner, Martha decided to have a shower; maybe the water would wash all her worries away. She stood under the hot spray, the water so hot that she could only just tolerate it.

Her thoughts soon drifted back to her brief encounter with Jack a few hours earlier. She couldn’t believe that she had just run out of his place like that; he probably thought that she was crazy. Martha herself thought she was crazy. God, when did my life become such a drama? She thought as she scrubbed her body with her vanilla scented body wash.

Martha was happy about one thing though; she had managed to get herself out of her date with Corey. Sure, she felt bad about the fact that she was using him just to make Jack jealous, but on the other hand she couldn’t wait until the minute he was out of her life. He was always calling her and the last couple days it seemed as if he was getting kinda clingy. It was creeping her out.

Martha shut off the water and stepped out of the shower, wrapping her favourite fluffy towel around herself. It was soft, just like Jack’s hands. She couldn’t wait until the moment Jack’s hands were on her again, she felt like she could die if she had to wait much longer. Alright that’s enough, she thought. Get your mind out of the gutter.

Martha slowly made her way to her bedroom, where she dried herself off and put on her matching black bra and underwear. She then picked up her dark blue silk robe and put it on over the top. She couldn’t be bothered getting dressed fully. She was home by herself, so what would it matter if she was walking around with just her robe on?

Martha picked up her comb and started running it through her hair, making sure to get all the knots out. When she was done, she made her way out to the lounge room. She grabbed herself a beer from the fridge on the way, grabbed the remote control for the television and plonked herself down on the couch. Hmm, a quiet Friday night watching the footy with a beer is just what I need, what could be better? She thought.

Just as her favourite team was about to score a goal, she heard a knock at the door. Martha groaned; so much for my quiet night alone. She jumped up and walked towards the door. It was probably Tasha and Robbie.

“This better be important, coz we were just about to score,” she yelled as she pulled open the door. She was surprised when she saw who was standing there.

“Jack,” she said. “What are you doing here?”

“I’m not interrupting anything, am I?” Jack asked, taking note of her appearance.

God, maybe Corey’s here and I just interrupted them, Jack thought. “Maybe I should go,” he said and went to walk away.

“No, you’re not interrupting. I was just watching the footy,” Martha explained, gesturing to the TV.

“Oh okay. You ran off earlier without your stuff, so I thought I’d just drop it over,” Jack said.

Martha hadn’t even realised that she’d forgotten them. “Thanks. Um, you want to come in?” Martha asked, taking the stack of clothes from him.

“Ok,” he replied, sounding a bit reluctant.

Martha moved to the side so that Jack could come in. “Having a quiet night?” Jack asked.

“Yeah, just me, beer and the footy,” Martha told him.

“Where’s Alf?” he questioned. “Oh, he’s gone camping with Ric. A bonding session as they put it. They won’t be back until Sunday,” Martha explained, sitting down at the kitchen table.

Jack sat down at the table opposite her. “So you got the place to yourself for the whole weekend,” he spoke. “Yep,” Martha nodded.

Jack looked across at Martha. She looked so good dressed in only her robe. He knew he shouldn’t be looking but he couldn’t help it. She’s just so beautiful, he thought.

“Sorry about earlier. I know it seemed kinda strange that I just ran off like that,” Martha started. “But I just had to get out of there, things were getting weird,” she continued.

“I was wondering why you all of a sudden were acting strange. Did I do something?” he asked.

“No, of course not. It’s not you, it’s me,” she began. Martha couldn’t wait any longer; she needed to know now if they still had a chance.

“I need to know if you still have feelings for me,” she shot out.

Jack looked up at her surprised. Was she stupid? Of course I still have feelings for her, he thought. But why is she asking.

“It doesn’t matter how I feel. Why do you care anyway, your with Corey now,” he said to her.

Jack was all of a sudden feeling angry. Was she purposely trying to **** him off? “Speaking of Corey, where is the new boyfriend? You know, the one that you started going out with only a week after we broke up. You really know where to punch a guy where it hurts, don’t you?” he snapped at her.

Martha’s eyes started filling with tears. She really had hurt him by going out with Corey.

“I shouldn’t be here, I have to go,” Jack said, standing up and walking to the door. Martha jumped up quickly; she wasn’t going to let him leave. “Jack, wait. I really need to talk to you about this,” she cried, tears starting to roll down her cheeks.

Jack paused on the spot. He spun around to look at her and got the surprise of his life; Martha was crying. “Why are you crying?” he asked her.

“Can you just sit back down please?” Martha sniffed. It hurt Jack to see Martha crying, so he done what she asked. “Fine,” he said.

Jack went and sat back in his chair, while Martha sat back down in her spot. “What is it that you need to say?” Jack asked. Martha looked at him, her eyes still sparkling from her tears.

“I’m sorry for hurting you. I promise I’ll never do it again,” she spoke softly.

Jack was confused. Why was she acting like this all of a sudden? It’s not like she wanted him back, did she?

“I asked you before if you still had feelings for me. Do you? Because I really need to know,” she said.

“God Martha, you should already know the answer to that. Of course I still have feelings for you. I always have,” he began. “The feelings I have for you aren’t just going to disappear after a couple weeks,” he continued.

“Even after the way I’ve been treating you?” Martha questioned.

Jack sighed. “Yes,” he replied.

Martha’s insides were jumping with excitement. Yes, he still wanted to be with her.

“Why are you asking me this?” Jacked asked, breaking her from her thoughts.

Martha looked at Jack and gave him a sweet smile. “I wanted to know if we still had another chance,” she said.

“What?” Jack was confused.

Martha reached a hand out to touch his. Her fingers gently moved over his hand. “I still want to be with you,” she spoke honestly. Martha started to speak again. “If you want to, I’d like for us to try again,” she told him.

Jack was so surprised he didn’t really know what to say. “Are you serious?” he asked.

“Of course I’m serious. Why would I lie,” she replied.

Jack shrugged. “Well it wasn’t that long ago that you hated me, so I don’t really know what to think,” he said, standing up. “Besides, what if I say no to giving us another chance,” he told her. Jack couldn’t believe he just said that. Of course he wanted Martha back; he’d never say no to her.

Did Jack just reject me? Martha thought to herself. There’s only one way to find out.

Martha stood up and started walking towards Jack. When she was standing in front of him she grabbed his hand and held it in her own. She looked up into his eyes and spoke. “I want you to think about what it was like for us. What it was like when we were in the dark. And how it felt,” she spoke softly. “Can you honestly say that you don’t want that back,” she continued, running her hand up his arm.

Jack looked down at her. She had a sultry look on her face and he knew he couldn’t say no to her. Not now, not ever. It would feel so good to touch Martha again, it would feel amazing. And his body wanted it, no question.

All of a sudden he felt her hands on his face. He felt her tongue teasing open his lips and all thoughts slammed to a halt.

As soon as Martha felt Jack respond to her kiss, she felt a stirring of desire inside of her. She wanted him, she really wanted him. There was no way she was waiting until she broke up with Corey; she had to have Jack now.

Jack ran his tongue along the roof of her mouth; Martha shivered, and moaned softly with delight. Jack always loved the small sound that came from her; it always told him that he was making her feel good.

He wrapped his arms around her waist, and pulled her closer, greedy for even more. She responded by sliding her hands up under his shirt, her palms running across his bare back.

For the next few minutes the only sound in the room was their breathing as it quickened between kisses. Martha let out a small cry when Jack eventually had to pull away so he could catch his breath. Jack looked down into her face; she was breathing heavily, her face was flushed and her lips were swollen from his kisses.

“I missed this,” Martha gasped breathlessly, keeping her arms wrapped around him.

Jack smiled. “Me too,” he said, brushing a strand of her wet hair behind her ear. “I never thought I’d get the chance to be with you again,” he told her. “Never say never,” she smiled up at him.

Jack opened his mouth to speak, but before he got the chance Martha had pressed her lips to his again. Jack once again gave into her kisses. Martha moved her hands seductively down his back until she reached his buttocks. She then pulled his lower half into hers, earning a groan from him. Good, Martha thought. He wants me, just as much as I want him.

“Maybe we should take this into my room,” Martha whispered against his lips. The ache inside of her was beginning to become unbearable and she knew that Jack would be the only one who could ease that ache for her. And it needed to be done sooner, rather than later. “Ok,” Jack replied, still kissing her.

“Go wait for me in my room. I just need to lock the doors,” she said, pulling away from him. Jack smiled and slowly wandered off towards Martha’s room.

When he got there he didn’t know what to do, so he kicked off his thongs and went and stood by the window, waiting for Martha to come to him. Jack’s mind was spinning, he still couldn’t believe that Martha had taken him back. She was driving him crazy, but in a good way. And tonight Jack was going to make sure that Martha didn’t regret taking him back; he was going to make sure that she knew just how much she meant to him.

When Martha entered her room, Jack was standing by the window looking out at the moon. She closed the door, the bang grabbing Jack’s attention. He turned to look at her and smiled. “Hey,” he said. He walked over to her and grabbed her face, kissing her passionately.

Martha ran her hands down his sides until she reached the hem of his shirt. She tugged on it, hoping that Jack would get the hint. He raised his hands above his head, and Martha pulled the shirt up and over his head; throwing it over his shoulder, where it landed by the window.

Martha recaptured Jack’s lips with hers and started pushing him towards the bed. When the backs off his knees hit the mattress, he fell into a sitting position. Martha took a step forward so that she was standing between his legs.

Jack put his hands around her waist and Martha leant down and gave him a quick kiss on the lips. Jack then slid his hands from her back to her front. His hand reached for the belt of her robe, and he slowly pulled on it until it was hanging lose. He pushed open the robe and found that she was infact wearing something underneath it. It was the same set of black matching under garments that she had been wearing the first night they had slept together. They were definitely his favourite and they only proceeded to turn him on even more.

He thrust his hands inside the robe; touching her skin. She was so warm and soft. He pulled her closer to him and started pressing soft kisses against her stomach. Martha used one of her hands to hold Jack’s head closer to her and the other hand slowly caressed his back.

Each kiss that Jack placed on her belly sent tiny shocks through her. He then slowly started moving the kisses up further; kissing in between the valley of her breasts, up her neck and jaw until he reached her lips. Jack was now standing again and he continued to kiss Martha while he removed the robe completely from her body.

Martha ran her hands down Jack’s chest until she reached the buttons of his pants. She undone them and slowly pushed them down with her hands; leaving Jack clad in only his boxers. She then gently pushed him onto the bed until he was lying on his back. She then crawled up his body, straddling him.

Jack looked up and studied the girl who was hovering above him. She was so beautiful and so sexy, and he knew that he would never want another person as much as he wanted her. She was the only one he would ever want and he hoped that she was his to keep forever.

He cupped her face and pulled it down closer to his so he could kiss her. He then moved his lips to her neck and playfully nibbled on the skin there. “You taste like vanilla. Did you know that?” he asked in a muffled voice, as he continued to taste her. “It’s my body wash. Do you like?” she said.

“I love it. It’s my favourite,” he told her. Martha laughed and pulled her face away from Jack. She then lowered her lips to his stomach and started peppering his belly and chest with wet kisses. Jack groaned, letting Martha know that he liked what she was doing. She made her way to his neck and then up to his lips. Her tongue initiated a deeper kiss and played with his lower lip.

Martha then sat up again. She grinded herself into his lower body; feeling his excitement. She was happy when she heard another groan come from him. God, she loved to tease him. She reached behind her back and undone the clasp of her bra; pulling it off and throwing it over her shoulder.

Jack reached up to touch her and ran his hands down the front of her. “God, you are so beautiful,” he whispered to her. She smiled and bent down to give him another kiss. “So are you,” she whispered back.

She teasingly rubbed her lips over his and then stopped and looked into his eyes. “Where will you be taking me tonight? What will we be experiencing?” she smiled down at him.

“I’ll take you anywhere you want,” he promised her with a smile.

Martha laughed and went back to kissing him, preparing herself for the places he would take her. And there they would experience the ultimate emotion; together.

Hey guys. Here's the next chapter. Sorry it took so long.

CHAPTER FOUR

Martha awoke early the next morning. She smiled to herself when she remembered what had accured the night before; she and Jack were finally back in each others arms.

She rolled over and reached out a hand to touch him, but was surprised when she found that he wasn’t there. She sat up quickly, wrapping the white sheets around her naked body. She was relieved to see that he was still in her room.

“What are you doing?” she asked. “I have to go,” he replied, pulling on his boxer shorts.

“Jack, it’s only 6:30. Come back to bed,” she told him. “No,” he snapped at her. Martha was shocked; why was he angry all of a sudden?

“What’s going on? What’s wrong?” she asked.

“I can’t do this. Last night shouldn’t have happened,” Jack said. Martha was confused. “What do you mean? I thought that this is what you wanted,” Martha said, starting to get upset.

Jack sighed. “It is what I want. But not if it means that I have to share you with somebody else,” he told her. “Who said you had to share me?” Martha questioned.

“Martha, you’re with Corey. Last night I completely forgot about you and Corey still being together; I guess I forgot because I got caught up in the heat of the moment. And then just before, I was watching you sleep, and I was thinking about how great it was that you were mine again,” he began.

“But then it finally clicked. You’re not mine, because you’re still with Corey. And then I started thinking about him touching you, and the two of you together in this bed….,” he continued.

Martha laughed. “You think that I slept with Corey? Are you crazy?” she said. Martha couldn’t believe that Jack actually thought she’d slept with Corey. She would never have slept with him; not ever. She would never have done that to Jack. Even though she and Jack had broken up, it still would have felt like she was betraying him.

Jack looked at her in surprise. “You didn’t sleep with him,” he stated. Martha shook her head. “Of course not. I’m surprised that you would actually think that,” she said to him. “Besides, why would I want him, when I can have you,” she exclaimed.

Jack felt like a huge weight had been lifted off his shoulders. The thought of Martha sleeping with Corey had made him feel sick to the stomach. He hated the idea of another guy even touching her. But now that Martha had explained that she hadn’t slept with Corey; he felt relieved.

“Why are you still with him then?” he asked. “I’m gonna tell him today that it’s over. So stop stressing about it,” Martha said.

“Fine,” Jack sighed.

Martha looked up at him. She thought he looked so sexy standing there with no shirt on. She was glad that she had got him back before someone else had came along and realised how great he was.

She smiled and reached a hand out to him. “Stay with me,” she spoke softly.

Jack looked at Martha; how could he say no to that face? He slowly moved back towards the bed and took her hand. She pulled him down beside her and impressed a soft kiss on his lips. She moved closer and wrapped her arms around him.

“You’re the only one that I want,” she said truthfully. Jack nodded. “I know,” he told her.

Martha smiled. “Good. Now, instead of just sitting here, why don’t we do something a bit more productive,” she suggested, running her hands down his back.

“Sounds like a plan,” he said, pulling the sheet away from her body so he could caress her. Martha lay back, pulling Jack down on top of her. “It’s a very good plan if you ask me,” she laughed, before pulling him in for a passionate kiss.

Martha walked up to the front door of Irene’s place; Corey had moved into a spare room that Irene had going just over a week ago. Martha was nervous; the time had come to tell Corey that it was over. She felt bad, but it had to be done.

“Hello,” she said knocking at the opened door. Corey was sitting at the table doing nothing. “Martha, hey. Come in,” he said.

Martha went and sat at the table opposite him. “Where is everyone?” she asked.

“Irene’s upstairs. Not sure about Hayley and Kim,” Corey said. Martha noticed that Corey wasn’t acting his normal self; he seemed quiet, upset even.

“Are you okay?” she asked him.

“Don’t worry about it. I don’t want to lay my problems on you,” he told her. “No, come on. You can tell me,” Martha said.

Corey looked at her. “It’s the 2 year anniversary of my father’s death today,” he spoke softly.

Martha didn’t know what to say, she hadn’t even known that his father was dead. “Oh, I’m so sorry. I didn’t realise,” she said to him.

“It’s okay. Nobody around here knows, I never told anyone,” Corey started. “I don’t want people feeling sorry for me,” he continued.

Talk about bad timing, Martha thought to herself. What was she supposed to do now? She couldn’t break up with him; well at least not today. It would probably make him feel even worse.

“Actually, if you don’t mind, I’d like to be alone,” Corey said, breaking Martha from her thoughts. “Sure, no problem,” Martha said, getting up from her chair and walking towards the door. “Bye,” she said.

“Bye,” Corey said, not even looking up at her.

I’ll just have to wait until he’s in a better mood to break it off, Martha thought. Great, how am I supposed to tell Jack?

Jack was down at the beach when he saw Martha approaching. He smiled at her. “How did it go with Corey?” he asked.

Martha looked away from him. “It didn’t,” she told him. Jack was shocked. “What do you mean?” he questioned her.

“When I got there, I noticed that he seemed a bit down. I asked him what was wrong, and he told me that today was the anniversary of his dad’s death,” she began. “I just couldn’t bring myself to do it. I didn’t want to upset him more than he already was,” Martha continued.

“What are we going to do now?” Jack sighed.

“I’ll tell him tomorrow. I just hope he’s feeling better by then. Until then I guess we’ll just have to pretend that nothings going on between us,” Martha told him.

As discreetly as he could, Jack reached his hand out to touch hers. He held it for a few seconds; caressing it softly. “I guess I can wait another day,” he told her.

Martha smiled at him. “I better go,” she said. Jack let go of her hand before anyone they knew noticed.

“Come round tonight,” she told him. “Yep,” Jack replied. “Bye,” Martha said, before walking off.

Of course they didn’t notice the person who was standing further up the beach; watching them closely.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. Here's the next chapter. Sorry it took so long.

CHAPTER FIVE

“LUCAS! LUCAS! Wait up,” Matilda called out.

Matilda walked quickly across the park until she reached her boyfriend. “Hey,” Lucas said, giving Matilda a kiss on the cheek. “What’s up?” he asked.

Matilda felt like she was going to burst. She’d seen something earlier that day that she had tried to keep to herself, but she couldn’t any longer. So she had decided to tell Lucas.

“I saw something today that I don’t think I should have seen,” Matilda said. “What are you talking about?” Lucas asked her.

“Well, I was down at the beach just before Lunch, and I saw Jack and Martha down there. They didn’t see me though,” Matilda started. Lucas looked at her curiously. “Anyways, at first it looked as if they were just talking. But then Jack was holding her hand and they looked pretty friendly if you know what I mean,” she continued.

“Are you saying that something is going on between them again?” Lucas asked, shocked. Matilda nodded. “Well it looked that way to me,” she replied.

“Now that you mention it, Jack did seem pretty happy earlier today,” Lucas exclaimed.

“But as far as I know, Martha is still with Corey. We would have heard if they broke up,” Matilda told him.

“You don’t think Martha and Jack are seeing each other behind Corey’s back, do you?” Lucas asked. Matilda shrugged. “I guess it’s a possibility,” she said.

Lucas nodded. “Well I think we should just keep this to ourselves. Don’t tell anybody,” he told her.

“Good idea!” Matilda agreed. “You know, I really do hope Martha and Jack are back together. They made a good couple,” Matilda then said.

“Me too! Come on, let’s go to the diner and get some dessert,” Lucas suggested, taking Matilda’s hand and walking off.

Corey stepped out from behind a tree and watched as Matilda and Lucas walked off. He had accidentally heard the conversation between the two teenagers. He didn’t know what to think. Could it be true? He thought. Is Martha cheating on me?

It was 8:00 pm and Jack made his way up the steps to the apartment that Martha shared with Alf. When he got to the door he looked around, making sure that no-one had seen him, and knocked on the door. Martha answered the door almost immediately, and smiled when she saw that it was Jack.

“Hey,” she said, stepping aside and letting him in. Jack closed the door behind him and quickly pulled Martha into his arms.

Martha looked up into his face, and wrapped her arms around his neck. She pressed her lips to his for a deep lingering kiss. When she was breathless she pulled away.

“You know we shouldn’t be doing this, don’t you? We should be waiting until you’ve broken up with Corey,” Jack said, walking towards the couch and sitting down.

Martha sighed and sat down next to him. “Yeah, I know. But you gotta admit that the sneaking around is kinda fun,” she laughed.

Jack smiled at her. “I guess it is,” he said.

Martha sat up a bit and moved herself until she was sitting on Jack’s lap. “Kind of a turn-on too, don’t you think?” she said cheekily.

Jack laughed. “If you say so,” he said.

Martha started playing with the buttons on his shirt, and then slowly started unbuttoning them. Jack just sat back and watched her do it; while twirling a lock of her hair around one of his fingers.

Martha popped open the last button and pushed his shirt open, then ran her hands down his chest. Jack reached a hand out and softly touched her cheek. He then pulled her face closer towards his for a kiss that sent tingles down his spine.

Martha pulled away from the kiss; she smiled and raised her arms above her head. No words needed to be said; Jack knew what to do. He slowly lifted her shirt up and pulled it off, dropping it onto the floor.

Her lips went straight back to his, and she sighed when she felt Jack tracing tiny circles on her back.

Jack then stood up quickly. He wrapped Martha’s legs around his waist and slowly carried her off into the direction of her room; their lips not once leaving each other.

Corey crept quietly but quickly up the stairs. He’d hidden in the shadows and had watched as Jack entered Martha’s apartment. He’d been watching the place for about 2 hours now and Jack still had not left. Sounds as if Matilda and Lucas were right, Corey thought. Martha’s seeing Jack behind my back.

Corey reached into his pocket and pulled out the key that he had secretly gotten cut. He quietly unlocked the door and walked in; not making a sound. The room was pitch black dark and he could barely see in front of him. He tip-toed towards the hall and started walking towards the bedroom door that he was pretty sure belonged to Martha.

I bet the little tart is in there with him right now, Corey thought to himself.

Just as he reached the door he heard the noise that confirmed his suspicions. He could hear Martha laughing, but it was what he heard next that made him see red. He heard her moan, and she was moaning Jack’s name.

Corey quietly turned and walked back out to the lounge room, and out the door; closing and locking it quietly behind him.

That little bitch, Corey thought. If Martha MacKenzie thinks she can make a fool out of me, she can think again. She’s gonna pay. She and her precious lover boy aren’t going to know what hit them.

Hey everbody. Here's the next chapter. Tell me what you think.

CHAPTER SIX

It was the next morning and Jack and Martha lay entwined in each others arms, basking in their body heat. Martha let out a happy sigh; she felt calm and content. As much as she loved the sex that they shared; she also loved the tender aftermath. She loved the closeness that they shared after the sex. The way they just lay in each others arms and enjoyed being together.

“I should probably go soon,” Jack said, running his hand up and down her bare back, before burying his hand in her hair.

Martha didn’t want him to go; she wanted to lay there with him all day. She propped herself up on her elbows so she could look down on his face. “Not yet. Just a bit longer,” she told him, giving him a soft kiss on the lips.

Jack nodded. “Okay. But only 10 minutes,” he said.

Martha smiled and rested her cheek back on his chest. She ran her hand down his bicep and arm, clasping his hand in her own.

About an hour later they finally pulled themselves out of bed. “So much for 10 minutes,” Jack laughed, as Martha walked him to the door to say goodbye.

“It was nice just lying there together,” Martha said.

Jack smiled and nodded; pulling her in for a tight hug. He then cupped her face in his hands and pulled her closer to him for a kiss. Martha tried to deepen the kiss, but Jack pulled away from her.

“No. No more of that. I really have to go. I start work in an hour, and the boss is my new partner for the time being and I don’t want to be late,” he said, as he opened the door.

“Fine,” Martha pouted.

“Ok, one more kiss,” Jack laughed, pulling her back to him.

“Oh my god,” a female voice interrupted them. Martha quickly pulled away form Jack. Standing there looking shocked was Tasha and Robbie. Just great! Martha thought sarcastically.

“What’s going on guys?” Robbie asked curiously.

Martha and Jack looked at each other; not knowing what to say to the friends. Martha was the first to speak. “Um, Jack was just leaving. Weren’t you?” she said.

Jack nodded. “Yeah. I’ll see you all later,” he said, before rushing off down the stairs.

Martha walked back inside, ignoring the looks that Rob and Tasha were giving her. “Don’t even bother,” she told them, as she sat down on the couch.

Tasha sat next to her. “Mac, have you broken up with Corey yet?” she demanded. Martha looked at her hands; saying nothing.

Robbie laughed. “You naughty girl,” he teased. Tasha smacked him on the arm. “Stop it. It’s not funny,” she reprimanded him.

She then looked back at Martha. “What are you thinking? Are you crazy?” Tasha asked.

“I couldn’t help it,” Martha told her.

“But you shouldn’t have done it. You’re still with Corey,” Tasha scolded her.

“But I love Jack,” Martha told her.

Tasha sighed. “Yes, I know that. And I think it’s great that you and Jack want to get back together. But how do you think Corey will feel when he finds out that you were seeing Jack behind his back?” she asked.

Martha groaned. “Corey doesn’t have to find out. I want you both to promise me that you won’t say anything. Please,” she begged.

Robbie nodded. “I won’t say anything,” he promised. Martha looked at Tasha. “Tash?” she said. “I won’t say anything. But you have to tell Corey it’s over. Today,” Tasha urged.

Martha stood up. “Don’t worry, I will,” she said.

“Good,” Tasha started. “Now go and have a shower so you can come down and have breakfast with us at the diner,” she continued.

Martha nodded and walked off towards the bathroom.

Later that afternoon Martha had finally gotten the courage to go and see Corey. She knew that he had the day off, because he and Jack had stopped being partners. And that meant that they worked different shifts now.

Martha walked up the driveway to Irene’s place, thinking about what she was going to say. She was just going to tell him that she had stepped into the relationship too quick and that she hadn’t gotten over her feelings for Jack. She was sure that Corey would understand.

Just as she got to the door Irene came rushing out; nearly knocking her over. “Wow, sorry Love. I’m late for my shift and I’m in a bit of a rush,” Irene explained. Martha smiled at her. “No worries. Have fun,” she called as Irene jumped into her car. Irene waved as she drove off.

Martha turned around to walk inside, but instead crashed into Corey. It surprised her so much that she let out a loud gasp. “Oh my god. You scared the living daylights out of me,” she said.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you,” Corey said, pulling her into a tight hug. Martha cringed when Corey kissed her on the cheek.

Martha pulled away and laughed. “It’s okay,” she said. “I’m sure you didn’t mean it,” she continued.

Corey led Martha inside and they sat at the table. “Where’s Kim and Hayley?” she asked. Corey shrugged. “I think they are out looking at wedding venues or something. They won’t be home until late,” he said.

Martha smiled. “Cool. So are you feeling a bit better than you did yesterday?” she questioned him.

Corey gave her a big smile. “Yes, I feel much better. Thank you for asking me. You are so thoughtful,” he said in a quite cheerful voice. “So would you like a coffee,” he then asked.

Martha smiled at him. “Thanks, I’d love one,” she replied.

Corey jumped up and walked into the kitchen. He picked up the cordless jug and started filling it with water.

Martha stood up. He seems to be in quite a good mood, she thought. Maybe he’ll be okay with us just being friends.

“Corey, there is actually a reason I came to see you,” she started. Corey peeked his head out from the kitchen and smiled at her. “What is it?” he asked.

“Well, it’s kind of hard to say. And I really don’t know how to say it, but………….,” Martha started, but Corey interrupted her.

“Maybe I could help you out with it……,” he said to her.

Martha looked at him. “I doubt you’d be able to help me out with it,” she told him.

Corey started walking towards her, with the cordless kettle still in his hands. “I wouldn’t be so sure about that,” he said.

Martha was confused. “What?” she said.

Corey laughed. “This is about Jack isn’t it?” he asked.

Martha then noticed the look on Corey’s face. It scared her; he looked evil. “Are you okay?” she asked him.

“No, I’m not okay. My girlfriend is sleeping around on me. How do you expect me to feel?” he yelled, walking even closer to her.

Martha took a step back. “What…,” she stammered. Corey laughed at her. “Oh, don’t play all innocent with me. I know all about you and Saint Jack; I’m not stupid,” he spat at her.

Corey took another step towards her so Martha took another step back. Martha was totally freaking out. Corey was really starting to scare her. “Maybe we should talk about this when you’ve calmed down a bit,” Martha suggested.

“You’re right,” Corey said, seeming to calm down.

Martha felt herself relax a bit. “Look, I’m really sorry Corey,” she started. “Just leave. We’ll talk about this when I’m ready,” Corey snapped at her.

Martha nodded. “Okay. I’ll see you later,” she spoke softly. She then turned and walked towards the door. But she was stopped by Corey’s voice.

“I’m ready now,” he said.

“What?” Martha spun around to face him.

But all she saw was Corey’s arm with Irene’s bright yellow kettle flying at her face. The force of it against her head sent her flying to the ground.

The last thing she saw before darkness engulfed her was Corey’s face.

Hey guys. Here's a new chapter. Sorry it's not very long.

CHAPTER SEVEN

Corey looked down at Martha, who was lying unconscious on the floor. She had a deep gash on the side of her fore-head; which had blood dripping from it.

“Sorry about that,” Corey laughed out loud.

He moved away from Martha and walked back into the kitchen; grabbing a tissue and wiping away the smear of blood that was on the kettle. He placed the kettle back in its rightful spot and walked back over to Martha.

He looked down at her and sighed. “Just because you’re beautiful, doesn’t mean that you can do and get everything you want,” he started. “You asked for this. You’ve only got what you deserved,” he continued.

He then started laughing. “Why the hell am I talking to you? It’s not like you can hear me. I probably sound like a crazy person,” he said.

Corey then noticed the puddle of blood that was quickly seeping into the carpet. “Damn it,” he swore. How am I supposed to get rid of that? He thought to himself.

He bent over and grabbed hold of Martha’s arms and started dragging her towards the couch. He lifted her up and roughly placed her on it. As soon as he let go, she slumped to the side like a rag doll.

Corey instantly wished that he hadn’t put her on the couch, because now she was bleeding all over that.

“I’ve got to get out of here before someone gets home,” he said out loud. “Ready for a road trip princess?” he asked Martha, even though he knew she couldn’t hear him.

He then ran to the back door and locked it; doing the same with the front door. He then closed all the curtains, so to stop anyone seeing in and noticing Martha. He then rushed up the stairs to his room so he could pack a bag.

Unbeknown to Corey, Irene had just arrived back at the house. She’d forgotten her mobile phone, and she’d decided to come back to get it. She walked up to the front door and tried to go in, but the door was locked.

She wondered why everything was locked up. Both Corey and Martha’s car were still there; unless they’d gone for a walk. They must have left quickly; I haven’t been gone that long, she thought.

Irene rummaged around in her bag and got her house keys out. She unlocked the door and walked in. The first thing she noticed was some sort of dark red liquid on the carpet.

She bent down to touch it; it was still a bit warm and a little sticky. Irene knew straight away what it was. Blood.

“Gawd save us, what has happened here?” she said out loud. “Corey, are you home?” she yelled up the stairs. No answer.

She turned around and that’s when she noticed the hand hanging over the side of the couch. She rushed around the front of the couch and let out a small cry when she found Martha lying unconscious with a deep cut on her head.

“Oh my god, Martha,” she cried. Irene reached out and shook her. “Darl, wake up,” she said. But Martha was out cold.

“Get away from her,” a voice snarled.

Irene looked up and saw Corey standing at the bottom of the stairs with a backpack in his hands.

“Corey, what’s going on? Did you do this to Martha?” Irene asked him. She suddenly felt really uncomfortable.

“I said get away from her,” Corey repeated, pulling out a gun from his bag and pointing it at Irene.

“Whoa, Corey. Please put the gun away,” Irene pleaded.

Corey started walking towards her and Irene was starting to get really frightened.

“For the last time, move away from Martha. Or I will be forced to hurt you too,” Corey snapped at her.

Irene slowly moved away from Martha. “My god Corey. What have you done?” she asked.

“She only got what she deserved,” Corey told her calmly.

“We really need to get her to the hospital. The cut looks pretty bad,” Irene tried to persuade him.

“Just shut up,” he yelled. “Just shut up and sit down in that chair,” he said waving the gun at her. Irene immediately sat down.

So many thoughts were going through Corey’s mind. He had not only Martha to worry about; but now he also had Irene to deal with. He knew he should have thought this through a bit more. But he got so angry with Martha before, that he just couldn’t help hurting her.

Corey then heard a groan coming from Martha.

“I think she’s waking up,” Irene said, standing up and moving closer to Martha.

Just great, Corey thought. He hadn’t planned on Martha waking up so soon. This may be a bit harder than I thought.

Hey all. Here's the next chapter. Sorry it took so long. Hope you enjoy. Please tell me what you think.

CHAPTER EIGHT

When Martha awoke she could feel a sharp throbbing pain in her head. She let out a small cry and opened her eyes. Her vision was a bit blurry at first, but she could make out Irene’s face. She was looking down at her with a worried look on her face.

“Irene,” she groaned.

“Yes love, it’s me. I’m here,” Irene told her, holding her hand.

Martha put her other hand up to her head and winced when it came in contact with her wound. She quickly pulled her hand away and gasped when she saw it covered in blood.

“Oh my god. What happened?” she asked, panicking and trying to sit up.

But then Martha spotted Corey standing a few feet away and she remembered everything. He had smashed her in the face with the kettle.

She moved closer to Irene; who put an arm around her. “Get away from me you crazy bast…,” she started, but Corey cut her off.

“Shut up,” he yelled at her. That’s when she noticed the gun in his hands.

“Just do what he say’s,” Irene told her. Martha looked at Irene, who also looked quite frightened. “If we do as he say’s, hopefully he won’t hurt us,” Irene continued.

Martha looked back at Corey. “Why are you doing this?” she cried.

He laughed at her. “Why?” he started. “There’s a name for girls like you. Girls who cheat on their boyfriends. Girls who can’t keep their legs shut,” he continued. Martha looked at him shocked.

“Don’t speak to her like that,” Irene snapped at him.

“Why not? It’s true,” Corey said.

“Can you just let us go? Please,” Martha asked him.

Corey shook his head. “I don’t think so,” he glared at her. “You actually think I would let you go, just so you can run straight to your precious lover-boy,” he laughed.

Martha’s head was really starting to hurt. The pain was so bad that it was making her feel sick. And the fact that she had blood dripping down her face, made her want to vomit.

“I really need to go to the hospital,” she pleaded with Corey.

“Yeah. Well I really need for you to shut up. I can’t think straight with you yapping all the time,” he yelled at her and walked off to the kitchen.

Martha looked towards Irene, who was looking at her with concern. “How are you feeling, Darl?” Irene asked her.

Martha laid her head back onto the soft couch and closed her eyes. “I don’t feel that great,” she started. “And I feel like I’ve just been smashed in the head with a kettle,” she tried to joke.

Irene gasped. “Is that what he hit you with?” she asked. Martha looked at Irene and nodded. “Yep”.

“What was it exactly that made him lash out like that?” Irene questioned.

Martha sighed. “I decided the other night that I still wanted to be with Jack. And on Friday night Jack came around to drop some of my stuff off that had been left at his place, and I told him that I still wanted to be with him. Things got a little out of hand and we…,” she started to explain.

“Well, I think you can guess what we did,” she continued.

Irene nodded. “You slept with Jack before you got the chance to break up with Corey,” Irene stated.

Martha nodded. “And then I came around here before to break it off with Corey, but somehow he had already found out about me and Jack. He got really angry and before I knew it, a kettle was flying at my head,” she told Irene.

“What I don’t understand is why he would do something like this. I mean he’s a cop for gawd’s sake. He’s supposed to help people, not hurt them himself,” Irene whispered.

“He’s crazy. That’s all I have to say,” Martha whispered back.

“Don’t worry, I agree with you on that,” Irene said.

They both looked over at Corey. He was in the kitchen pacing back and forth. “What do you think he’s going to do with us?” Martha asked Irene.

Irene shrugged. “I don’t know. But we’ve got to find a way to get some help. And you really need to get that cut looked at,” Irene replied.

Irene then spotted a box of tissues sitting on the coffee table. She slowly reached over and grabbed them. She used them to wipe away the blood from Martha’s face and to clean up the wound a bit.

“I’m sorry about bleeding all over your couch and floor,” Martha apologised.

“It’s not you fault love,” Irene told her, pulling her into a tight hug.

Martha started sobbing. “Hey, it’s okay Martha. We are going to be fine,” Irene comforted her.

“God, where’s Jack when you need him,” Martha spoke softly.

Jack walked into the diner. He was on a break, so he decided to go for a coffee. He also hoped that maybe he would run into Martha there.

“Hey Colleen,” he said as he walked up to the counter.

“Hello Constable, what can I get you?” she asked, with a big smile on her face.

“Just a coffee thanks,” he replied. “You go and sit down and I’ll bring it over to you when it’s ready,” Colleen told him. “Thanks,” he smiled at her.

Jack then noticed Alf and Ric sitting at a table. He walked over to them. “Hey fella’s,” he said.

Alf and Ric looked up at him. “Oh, hey Jack. Sit down mate,” Alf offered.

Jack smiled at him. “Thanks. So when did you two get back from your trip?” he asked.

“Only about half and hour ago. Who told you we went away?” Alf questioned him.

“Oh, Martha mentioned it to me,” Jack said, not noticing the weird looks on Alf’s and Ric’s faces.

“I thought you and Martha were fighting,” Ric said.

Jack smiled. “Not anymore,” he told them. Jack guessed it would be okay to tell them that he and Martha were back together.

“What does that mean?” Alf asked, curious.

Jack was just about to explain when they heard someone yelling.

“Where on earth is Irene?” Leah yelled.

Alf looked over at Leah. “What’s wrong love?” he asked her.

“Irene was supposed to start her shift an hour ago, and she’s still not here,” Leah explained.

Alf stood up. “Well I’m just about too head over to her place now. I’ve got some fish for her,” Alf started. “When I see her I’ll tell her to get her butt moving,” he continued.

Leah sighed. “Thanks Alf,” she said.

“See you all later,” Alf called, as he walked out the door.

“So what was you saying about you and Martha before?” Ric asked.

Jack looked back at Ric and smiled.

Hey guys, new chapter here. Sorry but this one is quite boring.

CHAPTER NINE

Martha and Irene sat on the couch in silence. Every now and then Martha would let out a sob or a groan; the pain in her head was just about killing her. She looked over at Corey, who had just sat in the chair opposite them.

“Can I at least get an Advil for the pain in my head?” she asked him.

Corey’s answer was simple. “No,” he said. “You deserve to be in pain,” he continued.

Martha was just about to speak again, but was interrupted by the sound of Irene’s house phone ringing. “Ignore it,” Corey said.

Just as the ringing stopped, Corey stood up. “How could I forget? Give me your phones, now,” he said, towering over them.

Irene had already looked around the room for her phone, but she couldn’t see it anywhere. She had come back to the house specifically to get her phone. She knew it was around there somewhere; she just didn’t know where. So she lied. “Mine’s in my car,” she told Corey.

He believed her. Corey looked at Martha. “Hand it over sweetie,” he said.

“It’s in my bag,” she told him.

Corey snatched her bag up from the place that Martha had dropped it earlier. He opened it and took out the phone. “No more calls for you,” he said, switching the phone off.

Corey sat back down on the chair. He looked at the two women in front of him. “Now, what to do with you both,” he began. “So many possibilities,” he stated.

He went to speak again but stopped when there was a knock on the door. He raised his finger up to his lips. “Ssshhhhhhhhh, not a single word,” he whispered to them.

“Hello. Irene are you home?” a voice came from the other side of the door.

Martha recognised the voice straight away. It was her grandad. She went to stand up but Corey pushed her back down. “Say a word, and I’ll use this on him,” he said, indicating to his gun.

Martha didn’t dare open her mouth. There was no way she was putting her grandad in danger.

Corey figured that the best way to get the old man to rack off was to just open the door. “I’ll be there in just a second,” he called out.

Corey indicated for Martha and Irene to move into Hayley’s room. “I want you both to shut up, and I swear if any of you make a noise; I’ll be forced to hurt him,” he told them. Both girls nodded their agreement.

Corey walked to the front door, unlocked it and opened it; revealing the smiling face of Alf Stewart. “Alf, sorry mate, I was just in the bathroom,” he put on a cheerful voice. Corey didn’t invite Alf in; they just stood at the door.

“That’s alright. I just wanted to drop some fish off for Irene. And to tell her to get her butt moving. Leah’s having a fit because Irene’s running late for her shift,” Alf explained.

“Oh, well Irene’s just gone for a walk with Martha down to the beach,” Corey told Alf.

“Well that explains why Martha’s car is here,” Alf started. “Ok, well I’ll just leave the fish with you, and when you see Irene, tell her to hurry up,” he chuckled, while handing a bag to Corey.

“Thanks Alf,” Corey waved goodbye to him. He then quickly closed the door; making sure to lock it.

“You can come out now,” he called out.

Martha sat back on the couch. She let a tear roll down her face. Her grandad had been so close, but now he was gone again.

Martha didn’t understand why Corey was so upset about all this. She understood that she had hurt his feelings by cheating on him, but they had only been together for just over a week. His feelings for her can’t have been that strong already.

“Why has this affected you so much? And why do you think I have to be punished?” Martha asked Corey.

“We were in a relationship and you betrayed me,” he snapped, not even looking at her.

“Yeah okay, so I made a mistake. And I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings, but that doesn’t mean that you have to hurt me,” Martha cried.

Corey laughed. “That’s exactly what my mother said,” he told her.

“What do you mean?” Martha asked, an uncomfortable feeling suddenly washed over her.

Corey stood up from his chair and started pacing around the room. “She had to punished, she betrayed us,” he said out loud. “She tried to pull the wool over our eyes; just like you did,” he continued, looking straight at Martha.

“Corey, what are you talking about?” Irene questioned him.

“You should have seen the look on her face when I confronted her about it,” he sneered. “She tried to deny it, but I had the proof. She kept saying that it was a mistake and that she was sorry,” he continued.

“Your mother cheated on your father?” Irene asked; it was more of a statement than a question.

“Yes. And you know what my father did when he found out,” Corey snarled. “He killed himself. He felt so betrayed that he couldn’t go on with his life,” he kept on.

“We are really sorry about your dad, but that doesn’t mean that you have to hurt Martha,” Irene told him.

Corey ignored her and kept on talking. “He was my best friend, the only person I trusted. And it was all her fault that he was gone. I hated her for what she done and she had to punished,” he rambled on.

Martha looked at Irene. “I don’t like where this is heading,” she whispered to Irene.

Corey sat back in his chair and smiled at them. “She didn’t see it coming. Of course I made it look like an accident,” he told them.

Martha gasped. “You killed your own mother?” she cried.

“Yep. One knock to the head and a fall down the stairs did the trick,” he spoke calmly. “Nobody ever suspected the grieving son,” he said, sounding very proud of himself.

Irene was shaking. She couldn’t believe that this boy had just admitted to killing his own Mother. If he was capable of doing that; it scared her to think of what he might do to them.

Martha looked at Corey in shock and disgust. “You’re sick, you know that,” she cried. “You killed your mother. That’s so much worse than what I’ve done,” she said to him.

Corey shrugged. “Whatever,” he said. “Now, let’s get back on focus. What am I going to do with you?”

Hey, here's the next chapter. Not much going on in this chapter, but there will be some action coming up in the next couple chapters.

CHAPTER TEN

Corey didn’t know what to do. He hadn’t planned on all this getting so out of hand. And now he’d just blurted out that he’d killed his mother. He regretted telling them as soon as it had left his mouth. If anyone else found out, he’d be a goner.

He really only had two options. He could either get rid of both Martha and Irene or just do a runner. But whatever he chose, he needed to think it through properly first. And fast.

He sat at the kitchen bench, looking at a picture of him and his father together. What should I do dad? He thought to himself. I can’t let Martha get away with what she did!

“My head is killing me,” Martha told Irene. She held a tissue over her wound; it was still bleeding quite a bit.

“Just hang in there, okay. We are going to be fine, and I’m sure someone will help us soon,” Irene tried to reassure her.

Martha sighed. “How? Nobody knows we’re here with a complete nutcase,” she cried.

Irene didn’t say anything; she knew Martha was right. Nobody knew they were in danger.

Martha’s thoughts drifted to Jack. She wanted to see him so bad. She wanted him to hold her and make everything better. She didn’t know if that was ever going to happen though. She’d probably never see him again. Corey was a psycho and was probably going to make sure that her and Jack could never be together. Corey killed his own mother; what’s not to say he wouldn’t kill her aswell.

Martha started sobbing again. “I’m never going to see Jack again,” she started to say to Irene. “I never got the chance to tell him that I love him,” she continued, starting to get quite upset.

“I’m sure Jack knows how you feel. And besides, you can tell him when we get out of here,” Irene said, comforting her.

“Corey’s not going to let me go Irene. He’s crazy. He killed his own mother, and he’s probably going to kill me too,” Martha whispered loudly.

Irene leaned back onto the couch. “He’s not going to kill you Martha. Someone’s going to come along and help us soon, and Corey is going to go to jail for a very long time,” Irene whispered back to her, reaching a hand out a brushing a lock of her hair away from Martha’s weeping cut.

“I’m so glad that I’m not by myself. Although I feel really bad about getting you into this mess in the first place,” Martha told her.

Irene patted Martha’s hand. “Darl, it‘s not your fault, okay. Yes, you may have made a bit of a mistake, but Corey obviously has some serious mental issues. And you can’t blame yourself for that,” she said.

Martha smiled at Irene. “Thanks,” she said.

Irene started shifting uncomfortably in her seat. “Something’s digging into me,” she said. Irene reached a hand underneath her and pulled out the object that was sticking into her.

Martha let out a small gasp when she saw what it was; Irene’s mobile phone.

“Oh my god,” Martha whispered.

Alf walked back into the diner. Jack was standing at the counter talking to Ric, Colleen and Leah.

“Alf, did you see Irene?” Leah asked.

Alf shook his head. “No, but I saw Corey and he said that Irene had just gone for a walk with Martha,” he replied. “But I told him to tell Irene to hurry up when he sees her,” Alf kept on.

Leah sighed. “Well, I hope she hurries up, because Dan and I have plans,” she said, walking back to the kitchen with Colleen in tow.

“How was Corey when you spoke to him?” Jack asked Alf. Jack wondered if Corey was upset about Martha at all.

“What do you mean?” Alf asked, seeming a bit curious.

Jack shook his head. “Ah, no reason. Was just wondering,” he said with a slight smile on his face.

“Yeah right,” Ric scoffed, knowing full well why Jack asked.

Jack had just finished telling Ric that he and Martha were back together. He was happy for them. Ric and Jack had become pretty good mates, and Ric got on a lot better with Jack than he did with Corey.

“Well now that you mention it, Corey did seem a bit distracted,” Alf began. “The house was dark and locked up like Fort Knox. He didn’t even invite me in. It kind of felt like he wanted me to hurry up and leave,” he finished.

“I wonder why?” Ric said sarcastically, giving Jack a smug look.

“Shut up mate,” Jack laughed. “Anyways, I gotta go. My break is nearly over,” he said, waving goodbye as he walked out the door.

“Seeya,” Alf and Ric both called out.

Once Jack had left, Alf looked at Ric. “What’s going on mate? It seems like you and Jack know something I don’t,” he asked his grand son.

Ric guessed it would be okay to tell his grandad about Martha and Jack. “Martha broke up with Corey today. She and Jack are back together,” he told him.

Alf smiled. “I knew it would only be a matter of time before those two realised that they still had feelings for each other,” he said. “God on ‘em. Jack’s a good bloke,” he continued.

Ric nodded. “Yeah, I agree. But I think Jack was just wondering how Corey took it,” he said.

“Hmm, I guess we’ll soon find out,” Alf replied.

Archived