. . . and the Gold nominees are

Guest Andy

I agree with your comments Claire Louise.

I think Kate does deserve to win, especially after her performances during Sally's kidnap and Flynn's cancer.

I hope she does win, but Ada or Natalie would be worthy winners too, though Kate deserves it more as she has been in H&A 18 years.

Natalie Bassingthwaighte has acted brilliantly in all her storylines, I think she does deserve it.

If Rove McManus has won it 3 times already, why is he nominated again this year?

I agree that Bec shouldn't win just because of her marriage. Last year she deserved it because she was a fantastic actress in Home and Away, especially during the siege and Noah's death, but it's time to give someone else a chance.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bert for the Gold? Wow! He still has it I guess. Even though apparently Bert's Family Feud isn't doing so well against Deal or No Deal. Oh well. I wouldn't mind Rove getting it. Just as long as Bridie doesn't get it I am happy. I think the three main contenders this year could be:

1. Kate Ritchie

2. Rove McManus

3. Bert Newton or possible Ada Nicodemou

Oh and for the first time in years...Georgie Parker is missing! :o

I think Kate should get it, she has been in the show along time and her character has yet to get stale or annoying, which i feel in soap terms is very unusual.

I still find her character very endearing and i think she does big, emotional storylines very well and believably along with being very consistent in the regular every day stoeylines.

I love Rove but I don't see why he has won so many times I mean it's not as though he's a good actor or anything. I mean Kate Ritchie pulled off those Flynn scenes excellently, Rove hasn't done anything like that

Media Release: Centrebet

AAP MediaNet Press Releases

3 April 2006

Centrebet Media Release (April 3, 2006)

Gold Logie betting...John Wood is the favourite

Ten-time Gold Logie nominee John Wood is Centrebet's $3.50 favourite to win this year's award.

Centrebet is tipping that this will be the year that Wood finally wins his first Gold Logie and lists him above previous winners Bert Newton ($4.00) and Rove McManus ($4.50) in its betting book.

"It's a standing joke that Wood has not won a Gold Logie and I can see him benefiting from a sympathy vote, particularly as Blue Heelers is on its way out," says Centrebet's Gerard Daffy.

Gold Logie winner

$3.50 John Wood

$4.00 Bert Newton

$4.50 Rove McManus

$6.00 Ada Nicodemou

$6.50 Bec Hewitt

$17.00 Natalie Bassingthwaite

$21.00 Bridie Carter

$26.00 Kate Ritchie

Kate stands a big chance in the eyes of the people on this forum. Not in the eyes of anybody else.

I'm not saying I don't think she's great, but people on here often seem to forget othersvdon't think the same way. There are a lot of people out there who wouldn't know 'Sally's' real name.

Kate stands a big chance in the eyes of the people on this forum. Not in the eyes of anybody else.

I'm not saying I don't think she's great, but people on here often seem to forget othersvdon't think the same way. There are a lot of people out there who wouldn't know 'Sally's' real name.

Yeah, that's a very good point. However, I've just read that Kate is up for the silver logie as well. Surely if she doesn't win gold she stands a good chance of getting silver? The other nominees are just the female soapstars from the gold category and out of those she definitely deserves it the most, if only for sheer hard work and loyal service! I'd say she is probably the best known of the bunch as well; people who don't tend to watch soaps are much more likely to know someone who has been around for 18 years than 2 or 3 (or even 6 or 7 like Ada).

Yeah, that's a very good point. However, I've just read that Kate is up for the silver logie as well. Surely if she doesn't win gold she stands a good chance of getting silver? The other nominees are just the female soapstars from the gold category and out of those she definitely deserves it the most, if only for sheer hard work and loyal service! I'd say she is probably the best known of the bunch as well; people who don't tend to watch soaps are much more likely to know someone who has been around for 18 years than 2 or 3 (or even 6 or 7 like Ada).

Claire Louise, Kate would have a lower profile in comparision to the other nominees. Natalie from Neighbours is a very successful and popular member of the band Rogue Traders as well as having recently perform the role of Sandy from Grease on stage (On the Rogue Traders' official site with Sony/BMG they have also posted an article with the voting number for her). Bridie Carter will have the MacLeod's Daughters fanbase (which has about the same number of viewers as Home and Away) while Ada, Bec and Kate share the same Home and Away fanbase. Plus Bec has her media profile and Ada recently won "Dancing with the Stars" the most popular program in Australia at the moment. So while I am hoping Kate will pick up Silver I don't think she will.

Another problem is that Kate is off screen at the moment in Australia which also may affect the voting for Gold. Ada, Bridie and Natalie and John Wood all have very strong storylines leading up to the final voting. Rove has won before and Bert (along with John Wood) is also a sentimental favourite.

Channel 7 needs to promote Kate and Ada - last time I looked the offical site while congratulating all their logie nominees however they did not put up the voting numbers for Kate, Ada and Bec which I really think that they should do. Perhaps now is a good time for a repeat of the specials Kate hosted a few years ago.

Archived