Laurie Foell

Guest Laurie's top Fan

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, the good old times.. Now that is a scene I'll never forget!

And I loved how she wispered her famous line to Nick. The look on his face is priceless :P

"you will die with my name on your lips"....LOL...classic...line of the decade I think!

• 3 weeks later...

Laurie is going to back on Shortland St soon. I saw this while i was browsing on the tvnz website:

Chris' nemesis returns

Viewers may recognise a familiar face when actress Laurie Foell (Angie from Home and Away) returns to the cast of Shortland Street, much to Chris Warner's horror.

We last saw Justine when Chris hired her to assist him in the Plastics Unit, which he headed up. Justine used her position to undermine Chris and eventually stole the contract away from him and took it back to Australia.

Consequently, Justine's name is a dirty word at the hospital. But Chris is about to get the shock of his life to see the erstwhile bad girl back in the hospital.

What has brought her back to Shortland Street? Stay tuned as the story unfolds in coming weeks.

About Justine:

At first glance, Justine might seem a bit of a bad girl; but really she is just ambitious," explains Foell. "She is quite a feminist, and she has a plan to break away from the old boys club present in the hospital system."

Raised in Japan by her fiercely competitive father, Justine denied his wishes and studied medicine rather than law. Years of hard work and commitment have honed her skills as a surgeon and her drive to succeed in an environment dominated by men. She is at the height of her ability and ready to make her goals reality. And, as Foell outlines, she'll do whatever it takes to get it.

"Most of what Justine does is about proving something to herself. Business is business, but she isn't a ball breaker. Justine has worked long and hard to get where she is and she wants to make something new for herself, separate from the traditional male environment."

Laurie Foell is no stranger to playing a driven woman; having starred as both Angela "Angie" Russell and her cousin "Josie" in the successful Australian soap opera Home and Away. "It was a great experience being on Shortland Street" says Foell. "It can be a nerve-wracking going into a new show but everyone was really very welcoming and warm. I thought the writing was excellent and it was great working with the other actors."

Archived