Just A Dream

Guest matty and luke forever

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 3

Seeing features

=====================================

Matilda woke from a deep sleep, her legs felt numb from lying in the same bed for so long. ‘Most people would have loved it’ she thought to herself clicking her fingers ‘But not me’. She looked at the ceiling and the 46 tiles she had counted many a time. Her mind went for a wander for the 4th time today even though she didn’t want to think, it happened like clockwork. She would remember the things she had done two weeks ago and relive the moment when she saw Callan. Her thoughts were interrupted by a quiet knock on the door.

“Is it okay if I come in?” Noah asked

“Yeah sure” she said pulling herself up.

“I was just in to see how you were doing” he stated “But it’s kind of an obvious question.”

“Yes it is. But I’m okay.” She put on a fake smile

“I’m not a family member or a boyfriend. You don’t have to lie to me.”

“You can read people like a book”

“I’m a counsellor. This is kind of why I’m here. I think it would be worth your while to get a counsellor, someone who is impartial in the situation and help you through it.”

“Noah, I’m not nuts.”

“I never said that. I mean we would start by talking about things then hopefully get you to move on with your life.” He said sympathise looking at the cut, drained teenager sitting in the bed next to him.

“We?” she asked raising her eyebrows

“I thought that since you knew me and I wasn’t your friend’s dad it would be a lot easier. What do you think?”

“You wouldn’t tell anyone?” she asked

“Everything would be incomplete confidence. And I’ll be there anytime you need to talk or you don’t want to tell Luke or Cassie something. I’m just a phone call away.” He looked in her eyes and she didn’t look good. Her face was drained of colour and she looked like she hadn’t slept. He noticed that she kept playing with her fingers and fidgeting “So… do we have a deal?”

=====================================================

“Hey dude” Jack said as Lucas walked into the diner, he walked over to his father and brother who were sitting on the booth at the back of the diner.

“You looked bummed.” Jack stated moving along the bench letting Lucas sit down.

“Yeah, I haven’t been sleeping lately. I just keep thinking about Mattie being on her own in the hospital.” Lucas blurted out from the sheer need to do exactly that

“Well, she’s not on her own, Mate. She has people visiting her and the nurses. I think Noah’s there just now.” Tony reassured his son, who right now looked as white as a sheet.

“It’s not the same. I just wish she would let me stay over for a night to keep her safe.” Lucas said

“How about I stay there tonight?” Tony asked hoping that would give him the confidence that she would be okay “I won’t let anything happen to her. I promise.”

“I think that would be good.” He said to his milkshake

=====================================================

“Hey Noah” Jack said as he walked into the room

“Hey. I better head, I shall see you tomorrow” he said kissing Matilda on the cheek

“Okay” she mouthed as Jack and Tony kissed her on the cheek one after the other.

“Luke is going to stay at home tonight and get some long awaited rest” Jack said pulling a chair over. “And Beth is taking Henry back to school.”

“Thank god, I thought he was soon going to take my place” she tried to laugh “So um…. Noah is going to be my counsellor” she nodded

“Oh I thought you said you didn’t want one?” Tony asked

“Well, I was convinced I suppose.”

“How do you feel about me staying here tonight? Luke was worried incase you get lonely.” Tony questioned

“It’s fine you don’t have…” her sentence was cut off.

“I want to.” Tony interrupted

“Thank you.”

=============================================

As she lay in her bed she looked at Tony, he was fast asleep on a chair next to the bed. He reminded her of her dad; he was always there for someone in need… no matter what. As she began to dose into a sleep she jumped as she saw a figure standing in the corner. Her breathing became rapidly fast as the figure stepped out of the shadows.

“Dad?”

===============================================

Thank you to Jess for her input

Enjoy

Julie

• 2 weeks later...

Archived