Just A Dream

Guest matty and luke forever

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

It’s just a short one because it’s late and I’m tired. I’ll put more up as soon as I can.

Chapter 2

Checking Fate

==============================================

“Hey” Lucas said softly as he walked in the room putting his schoolbag down on the floor and then leaning over to kiss her on the forehead “How are you feeling?”

“I’m okay” she quietly said back.

“I brought you some catch up from school for when you feel up to it.” Lucas said sitting on the bed beside her “How are you really feeling?” he tried to ask in his sincerest, least sympathetic voice. He hoped that she wouldn’t backlash on him.

“I said I’m fine” she said with an annoyed tone in her voice

“Mattie?” Lucas said

“Luke, I understand that you’re worried but I’m dealing with this in my own. So could you please just drop it?”

“I have history and maths revision for you. And Sally and Mr.Baker said they’d bring stuff in when they come and see you” Lucas said standing up of the bed and walking away from her.

Matilda sighed and looked at the ceiling and Lucas searched through his bag. They both waited for the other to give in, for the other to speak. The silence was filled with the beeping of the heart monitor which was attached to Mattie’s chest.

“When did we stop talking?” Matilda asked bringing her head back down to face him.

“We talk.” Lucas stated

“Properly… all we seem to do is fight or be the go betweens for Cas or Ric and Belle. We never talk, Lucas. We used to talk about how we felt and now we just bottle it up.”

“Well in that case. I guess I hate myself for not being there to protect you.”

“You couldn’t have stopped him Lucas. He was going to do that whether I was with you, Cassie or Rica.”

“I shouldn’t have let you go alone.” He said sitting next to the bed

“Do you know what I was thinking about the whole time?” Matilda said looking into his eyes “I was thinking about you. I thought about all the times we were together and when I heard you’re voice, I couldn’t put you through what I’m going to put you through. With the counselling and me being terrified to let anyone touch me.”

“What are you saying?”

“I’m saying that you can leave if you want. I don’t want to see you get hurt so I’m giving you a chance to walk out and we’ll be friends or step brother and sister or whatever. I just…..” she stopped when Lucas’s hand lifted her chin to look him in the eye.

“I told you I loved you more than anything in the world… I meant that. I’m not leaving Mattie whether you like it or not your stuck with me… because I love you” he explained pulling her into his chest

==========================================================

It's kinda rubbish and short sorry!!!!

LUV

JULIE

Archived