From this day on

Now and forever more

You'll be in my heart

No matter what they say

You'll be here

In my heart always

=======================================

“Come on it will be fun.” She laughed

“Mattie, I’m not having some cheesy love song from a Disney movie on my phone” he smiled back

“It’s not a cheesy love song, and anyways you can’t stop me if I …..” she quickly slipped her hand in to the back pocket of his board shorts “… have your phone” she said pulling out his mobile and hiding it behind her back.

“Mattie, give me the phone.” He said staring into her eyes

“Please, please, pretty please with a cherry on top” she pleaded making a pathetic face.

Rolling his eyes Lucas giving in and placing his hands on her waist “For you anything” he said

====================================================

“Hey mate, what’s up?” Jack asked as he handed Lucas his drink

“Em…. Mattie left an hour ago to get changed and still hasn’t appeared yet.”

“Lucas, its Matilda. She’s probably deciding what pair of her hundreds of shoes to wear.” Martha laughed

“She’s not answering her mobile.” Lucas stated coldly “So I’m going to head home and see what she’s doing”

“Uh, I give you a lift. Be back in 5” Jack answered kissing Martha on cheek.

“Bye.”

=======================================

Both boys walked in to the pitch, black house.

“Mattie!” Jack shouted turning on the light while Luke stormed into Matilda’s room.

“Jack, she’s not here. Her clothes are still out on the bed.” Lucas said worried

Come stop your crying

It will be all right

Just take my hand

Hold it tight

==================================================

“Tony, have you seen Mattie?” Martha asked

“No love, why?” Tony questioned turning to look Martha in the face. Soon after Beth, Alf, Dan, Sally and Ric turned round to listen to the answer.

“She went back to the house an hour ago. Jack and Luke went back there. Tony she hadn’t been back there” she rushed

“Do they know where she’s gone?” Dan asked

“No, their away out to look for her.”

“Oh my god.” Beth said shocked

“It’s okay, love. She’s probably took a detour. But in the mean time Tony, Dan, Ric and I will head out and help the youngsters’ look. Sally, Cassie, and Martha you stay here with Beth we’ll call ASAP.” Alf ordered.

=================================================

I will protect you

From all around you

I will be here

Don't you cry

==============================================

Soon after Kim, Barry and Robbie had begun the search. Ric and Luke made their way down to the beach with torches, Luke walking surprisingly fast.

“Luke mate, she gonna be okay. She’s probably just gone a walk.” Ric told his best friend trying to be reassuring.

“Ric, I’ll believe you, when you believe yourself” Luke answered back “What are the chances of her actually being okay? Do you really believe that he hasn’t followed her? Dad and Jack might want to believe that she took a detour but I won’t! I know something has happened to her and if that jerk has touched her I’ll kill him!” he continued through gritted teeth.

“Luke, what’s that?” Ric asked pointing towards the Beach Rescue speed boats. Both of the teenagers ran over to where the object was noticed. Ric picked up the pale pink jacket and turned it round to find blood on the collar.

“Beth, she’ll be okay” Sally reassured her friend, rubbing her back.

“Yeah Beth, she probably forgot where she was supposed to be going. You know what she’s like.” Cassie tried to joke.

“Sorry, Cassie but I’m going to have to disagree with you there.” Peter came into Noahs’ with a face like thunder.

“What do you mean?” Bet asking gulping back the lump that was now in her throat.

“Lucas and Ric just found Matilda’s jacket on the beach. Beth, I’m sorry but it has blood on the collar. We’re launching a missing person enquirery.” He answered bluntly.

Beth almost collapsed but was luckily caught by a shocked Scott. Cassie’s eyes filled with tears and her lip began to quiver. She couldn’t lose her best friend…not again.

============================================

For one so small,

You seem so strong

My arms will hold you,

Keep you safe and warm

This bond between us

Can’t be broken

I will be here

Don't you cry

Mattie woke up to the sun glaring through the curtains above her. Her vision was slightly hazed by the light, as she went to sit up she felt a sharp pain in her neck. It was so sharp that she held her neck and lay down. As her sight began to become clearer she realised that she wasn’t in her own room. That Lucas room wasn’t through the wall. She didn’t know where she was. Her irrational thoughts were interrupted by a voice coming from the corner of the room.

“Ahh, the date rape drug. Can be administrated through the drink or through a fine syringe. Sorry I had to be so rough but I couldn’t get it in to your drink, could I?” he smiled at her.

“Callan, what are you doing?” Matilda pleaded

“I’ve already told you. Finishing off what I started.” He said coming towards the make-shift bed and sitting down beside her. “I want you to do me a favour.” He continued fishing into his pocket “Call Lucas and tell him you’re okay. I’ll have you home as soon as I’m done with you” he smirked and again Matilda saw that glint in his eyes. And she had that feeling in the pit of her stomach that in his books he was already done with her.

=============================================================

There was silence in the bar as Alf gave instructions fro what teams went where and who stayed at the bar waiting for radio transmission or phone calls to come through. Five minutes through the briefing Lucas’s mobile began to ring. He jumped from his seat as he realised it was Matilda’s ring tone she had decided to set.

“Mattie, are you okay? Where are you? Mattie?” he shouted as many people began to gather round

“Lucas, I’m okay.” Her voice shaking “I’m with Callan; I don’t know where I am.”

“Lucas, keep her on. We’re trying to track it” Peter whispered

“Mattie, you have to stay with me, okay? Everyone’s really worried about you…”

“Luke, I need you to tell Mum and Robbie and Scott that I love them.”

“Well, you can tell them that as soon as you get home.” He reassured her failing terribly.

“And tell Tony and Jack that they rock. And Ric and Cas too.”

“Mattie!” he pleaded a tear rolling down his face

“Lucas! Tell them that. Please promise me?” she pleaded, he could tell that she was now crying.

“I promise. Mattie just stay with me, stay with me” He gulped

“I love you so much; you’ve always been there for me. I love you. But goodbye” she said hanging up the phone.

He was now unconscious to the tears streaming down his face.

“She has gone.”

'Cause you'll be in my heart

Yes, you'll be in my heart

From this day on

Now and forever more

You'll be in my heart

No matter what they say

You'll be here

in my heart always

There might be a update on tuesday as there's a strike on at my school so I have the full day off so enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!

Julie

Archived